April 19, 2024, 01:16:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'What's Wrong With Senator Obama?'  (Read 6718 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2008, 09:53:26 AM »

Poll: Obama Leads In Pennsylvania, Cracks 50%

By Eric Kleefeld - July 24, 2008, 5:48PM

The latest poll out of Pennsylvania has some good news for Barack Obama: He's now over 50% in this big swing state.

The new numbers from Rasmussen: Obama 51%, McCain 45%, with a ±3% margin of error.

A key number is that 46% of respondents say economic issues are their biggest concern, and they favor Obama 60%-29%. This is compared to only 25% who rate national security as the top issue, a group that gives McCain a 58%-33% lead.

http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/07/poll_obama_leads_in_pennsylvan.php

Gas prices, even more than the housing market, are helping Obama do well in the polls. If people feel pain in the pocketbook, the incumbant party pays the price.
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2008, 10:07:39 AM »

Indian monkey god sent to Obama

12 minutes ago

NEW DELHI (AFP) — A group of Indians have sent a small statue of the revered Indian monkey god to Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama as a good luck charm ahead of the November polls.

The group decided to despatch the idol after reading reports that Obama carried a good luck "monkey king charm with him all the time in his pocket," said Brij Mohan Bhama, an Indian fan of Obama.

The two-foot, 15-kilogramme (33-pound) brass idol "has been gifted to Obama because I believe he will be good for India if he becomes the next president," Bhama told AFP Friday.

The monkey god, Hanuman, is revered by Hindus who also regard monkeys as descendants of the deity.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5gw907pslB40SQfknpigl87PurfQg

How's that for positive thinking!   

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
marebear
Scared Monkey

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2008, 01:07:27 PM »

marebear, we certainly should be judged "By the company we CHOOSE to keep"  Not only to keep, but have as a mentor.....do you know what a mentor is?????  OMG, a man  who preaches racism, who is heard saying "God damn America"!!!!!  It is a free country, people can say anything that they want,  but someone who seeks the Guidance of a racist, is certainly one himself.....he is a Phoney to call himself a Christian ....no Christian hates anyone especially due to their  creed or color... Wright is a known racist, anti-American.  Obama listened to this racist for 20 years, took his advice, BELIEVED the words of this demon, racist, anti=American, anti-Semite (later I'll tell you how I REALLY feel)........and you compare him to a teacher?  Someone a child has no CHOICE to have to listen to........Obama did!!!!  And he chose Wright!!!!!   And that was WRONG!!!!!!

"Show me your friends and you show me your values."  Yes, to some degree we can be judged by the company we keep.  Rev. Wright was only Obama's pastor, not a friend, and Obama denounced him when he saw the truth.  I left a church after being loyal for four years when our pastor suddenly went off the deep end- a man I'd had in my home for dinner etc.  Just because Wright was his pastor doesn't mean that Obama agreed with him on everything.  Sadly, people often make more of these relationships when they want to bring someone down- especially in politics.  The media attention forced Wright into showing his true ugly colors, that Obama may truly not have been aware of.  We all go through life discerning what is right for us and sometimes the people we associate with can let us down.  We are all individuals and I cetainly hope that I never have to be judged by the actions of my family, friends, pastors, etc.   Jumping to conclusions about others and assuming the worst without knowing all the details is where hatred comes from, what a shame.   
marebear
Scared Monkey

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2008, 01:21:44 PM »

BTW, I am not sure Obama has the skills to lead a country, but I hate all the pulverizing of the candidates.  None of us could come through the crucible of a presidential campaign with a clean slate.  We have to be careful what we glean from the media attempts to discredit. 

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.