April 16, 2024, 12:46:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: McCain's MoJo  (Read 1752 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: July 26, 2008, 06:02:32 PM »

Wisconsin Democrats oust convention delegate for McCain support

By STEVEN WALTERS
swalters@journalsentinel.com
Posted: July 25, 2008

Madison - The Wisconsin Democratic Party on Friday replaced a national convention delegate for saying that she planned to vote for Republican Sen. John McCain for president in November instead of Sen. Barack Obama.

The unanimous conference-call vote of the Democratic Party’s Administrative Committee removed as a convention delegate Debra Bartoshevich — the first time in the nation a state party has taken such action.

Bartoshevich told party leaders it was an “emotional time” for her when her preferred candidate, Democratic Sen. Hillary Clinton, conceded and threw her support to Obama in mid-June.

At the time, Bartoshevich told a Journal Sentinel reporter she would vote for McCain instead of Obama — a comment that surprised party leaders and delegates to the state Democratic Party convention, who passed a resolution asking that she be ousted as a delegate to the national convention in Denver. National party officials told Wisconsin Democrats to decide the matter themselves, prompting Friday’s vote.

After the vote, Bartoshevich again said she planned to vote for McCain in November and that she was dropping out of the Democratic Party.

“I don’t believe Senator Obama has the experience to run this country,” she said, adding that McCain “has a stronger resume.”

Her ouster as a delegate “is what they wanted,” Bartoshevich said of state party leaders. “I won’t drink the Kool-Aid.”

Some Democrats grilled Bartoshevich about how her name got on a McCain campaign Web site as a supporter.

State Republican Party Chairman Reince Priebus said McCain backers would welcome Bartoshevich “with open arms.” He said she is among many former Clinton backers who don’t support Obama.

Priebus called Friday’s vote “close-mindedness” by Democratic Party leaders.

read the rest of the story here -

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=776547

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 06:33:09 PM »

Matt Towery's Inside The Numbers:

Obama Needs Steak, McCain Needs Sizzle

By Matt Towery

(7/24/08) The media already have gone over the top with their coverage of Sen. Barack Obama's international man-of-mystery tour. The endless photo sessions with the troops, foreign leaders, waving crowds -- it's just the most contrived pack of junk I've ever seen.

But shame on the folks running the McCain campaign. They knew this week of endless glory for Obama was coming. Their response? They tell McCain to attend a baseball game, hold another boring town-hall meeting, have his photo taken with another Bush, and visit an oilrig. Sounds like the work of strategists bound and determined to destroy their candidate.

Did it not dawn on the McCain campaign that while Obama was running around trying to play Henry Kissinger, they could have created a major summit of big names to discuss how to deal with the economy? It could have been held somewhere like Omaha. The press would have been obligated to cover every meeting and speech, just as it has with Obama's world tour. The simple theme of this domestic policy extravaganza could have been, "We already have the meat when it comes to foreign policy (McCain); now we are serving up more on the issue Americans care most about … their wallets."

But no. No sizzle for their candidate. Instead, just endless whispers in his ear that the only way to counter Obama's new foreign mojo is to name a GOP vice-presidential nominee, and quick.

Oh, and who might that be? What a coincidence! It's Team Bush's No. 1 guy, Mitt Romney.

I've seen this hustle before. Remember the 1980 GOP convention, when Ronald Reagan was rushed into picking George H.W. Bush as his running mate? Reagan got scared when Gerald Ford interviewed on TV with the believed paragon of journalism at that time, CBS's Walter Cronkite. Ford basically hinted that he would run on the ticket with Reagan if he were to be given real responsibilities (aka a co-presidency). Reagan went with the Bushes. Will history repeat itself?

So for the wilting McCain, his campaign gets an "F" for sizzle.

Now what to do with Barack Obama's version of "where's the beef?" If you carefully followed several of Obama's interviews overseas in the past week or so, he was hardly Churchillian in his ability to reconcile his newly minted worldviews with those of his recent past.

He looked presidential, but so does George W. Bush. And look what that's gotten him -- one of the worst approval ratings in history.

What Obama needs is to wipe away the East Coast Harvard, wet behind-the-ears image he has on the world stage. He could do that with some deeds that speak louder than even his considerable oratory does. For a potential running mate of his own, Obama could choose former Georgia Sen. Sam Nunn, who provides Obama more "beef" in the area of foreign policy than a one-week "tour of duty" ever could.

read the rest of the commentary here -
http://www.insideradvantagegeorgia.com/restricted/2008/July%202008/7-24-08/Towery72419642.php

Where do people come up with these things?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.