March 28, 2024, 06:53:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Post your favorite recipes here  (Read 89852 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2009, 05:15:42 PM »

Lazy Man Perogies

Filling #1 - 2 cup cottage cheese, 1 egg, onion salt

Filling #2 - 1 cup cheddar cheese, 2 cup mashed potatoes, 1/4 tsp salt, pepper & onion salt

Cook lasagna noodles according to package

In a 9 x 13 pan layer:
noodles
Filling #1
noodles
Filling #2
noodles

Saute 1 cup chopped onion in 1 cup butter.  Pour over top, Bake 30 minutes at 350.

Serve with source cream and crumbled fried bacon.

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2009, 04:01:33 PM »

This recipe has just a little deeper flavor than the regular one so enjoy, please.

Banana Pudding Squares

Vanilla Wafers  (I use Nilla but you can use any you like)
1/2  stick butter
8oz. cream cheese
1/2  cup powdered sugar
8oz. cool whip
3-4  bananas   (use the ones that aren't too ripe or they will make a pudding runny)
2 10oz. vanilla pudding
3c.  milk

Crush 35 wafers and mix with the 1/4 c. butter and press into the bottom of a 13x9 pan and put in fridge.
Beat cream cheese with powdered sugar and spread over cold firm crumb crust.
Top with banana slices.
Beat 2 pkg. of pudding together w/3c milk with whisk stir in 1 1/2 cups cool whip.
Spread remaining cool whip over the top.
Refridgerate 3 hrs. or over night. 
You should be able to cut into squares.  I usually just dip out what we want!
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2009, 07:16:40 PM »

Thanks Klaas, I lost my cookbook collection, and believe me, I had a cabinet full. Any good recipes shared will be appreciated.

does anyone have: one made with chicken breasts, soup, swiss cheese and Pepperage Farm stuffing mix? It was easy and yummy.

A good coleslaw?

Soups, I love soups.

A chicken salad made with curry?

Hi Shell,

A link to Pinneapple Coleslaw, it is divine.

http://recipes.epicurean.com/recipe/577/pineapple-coleslaw.html

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2009, 09:41:20 AM »

Thanks Klaas, I lost my cookbook collection, and believe me, I had a cabinet full. Any good recipes shared will be appreciated.

does anyone have: one made with chicken breasts, soup, swiss cheese and Pepperage Farm stuffing mix? It was easy and yummy.

A good coleslaw?

Soups, I love soups.

A chicken salad made with curry?

Hi Shell,

A link to Pinneapple Coleslaw, it is divine.

http://recipes.epicurean.com/recipe/577/pineapple-coleslaw.html

I make this and use artificial sweetner (Equal is my choice but use whatever you like)in place of real sugar.  I serve this everytime I fry fresh Bass or Grouper, yes I said fry, sometimes oven baked is just as good but I can get out of making tarter sauce when I have this slaw.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2009, 05:45:52 PM »

with all the recent talk about banana pudding, I had to go and get some...yummy!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2009, 03:05:08 PM »

I had lost this recipe for years, and just found it again................. stuck behind a drawer!  It's a wonderful dish, and I thought I'd share it with you! 

Fruit Dessert Salad

Layer 1
1 Box Lemon Jello
1 Box Orange Jello
3 Bananas
1 Lg Can Crushed Pineapple Drained (save juice)
1 Small Can pineapple juice
2 C Hot water
1 ½ C Cold Water
1 pkg. minature marshmallows

Layer 2
2 eggs
5 Tblsp flour
1 C Sugar

Layer 3
2 Pkg Dream Whip
1 8 oz. pkg. Cream Cheese (softened)
1 3 oz. pkg. Cream Cheese (softened)
1 C. milk

Coconut ( for sprinkling on top ) Maraschino Cherries for top (optional)

Step One/Layer One:
Combine jello(s) in large (10x14) casserole and dissolve with water. Pour drained pineapple into it. Slice bananas on top, and top bananas with marshmallows. Refrigerate to set.

Step Two/Layer Two:
Combine pineapple juice from drained pineapple with additional juice to equal 2 cups. Combine juice, sugar, flour and eggs in saucepan and cook over medium heat until thick. Cool and spread over set layer one, (on top of marshmallows).

Step Three/Layer three:
Mix Dream Whip and milk. Add cream cheese and mix with electric mixer until whipped. Spread on top of layer two.

Generously sprinkle shredded coconut as final layer. Place cherries (optional)

* You can make the first layer and finish the dish the following day. Be sure to use a large dish as this makes enough to serve a lot of people! Enjoy!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2009, 05:23:44 PM »

Peanutbutter chocolate pie

1-1/4 cups Oreo Baking Crumbs
1/4 cup  butter, melted
1 pkg. (250 g) Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup  plus 1 Tbsp.  Smooth Peanut Butter, divided
1 cup cold milk
1 pkg.  (4-serving size) Vanilla Instant Pudding
2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided
3 squares  BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate

Mix crumbs and butter and  press onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate. Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup peanut butter until well blended. Add milk and dry pudding mix and beat 2 min. Whisk in 1 cup Cool Whip by hand and  spoon into crust. Refrigerate until ready to use.

Microwave remaining Cool Whip and chocolate in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 to 2 min. or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after each minute. Cool completely.

Spread chocolate mixture over filling in crust. Microwave remaining peanut butter in small microwaveable bowl 30 sec.; stir. Drizzle over pie. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2009, 08:55:52 PM »

I just copied both the fruit salad recipe and the peanut butter chocolate pie...they both sound yummy!

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2009, 11:10:05 PM »

JSM asked me months ago how to feed 12 people with one chicken ...so i am going to post a recipe my grandmother always made. It is a southern comfort food and just so soothing to your stomach on a cold day.

1 large chicken whole or cut up . Boil chicken in enough water to cover the chicken . Make sure you have enough water that when the rice is added it will not become dry. You want it like a soup..Also boil 8-10 eggs til done. Remove chicken from pot and  remove skin and debone. Cut into bite size pieces. While deboning chicken add 2 cups of Uncle Ben's rice to broth in pot. Add the chicken back to the pot and slice boiled eggs and add them to the pot. Cook until rice is done. My grandmother always added a stick of margarine  to it also. The eggs make the broth so rich and creamy.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2009, 10:37:37 AM »

JSM asked me months ago how to feed 12 people with one chicken ...so i am going to post a recipe my grandmother always made. It is a southern comfort food and just so soothing to your stomach on a cold day.

1 large chicken whole or cut up . Boil chicken in enough water to cover the chicken . Make sure you have enough water that when the rice is added it will not become dry. You want it like a soup..Also boil 8-10 eggs til done. Remove chicken from pot and  remove skin and debone. Cut into bite size pieces. While deboning chicken add 2 cups of Uncle Ben's rice to broth in pot. Add the chicken back to the pot and slice boiled eggs and add them to the pot. Cook until rice is done. My grandmother always added a stick of margarine  to it also. The eggs make the broth so rich and creamy.

now this sounds really interesting..I suppose that one could use boneless skinless chicken breasts with this recipe? taking meat off of a carcass creeps me out...just one of my bigaboos...

Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2010, 08:54:30 AM »

We made a little "fiesta" last night, which we hadn't done in a while.  Both recipes are soo easy, I thought I'd share.

Mango Salsa

1 large tomato, chopped (1 cup)
1 mango, diced (1 cup)
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely diced
1/2 red onion, finely diced
1 cerrano chili, seeded & veins removed, finely diced
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Mix all together and refrigerate 6-8 hours before serving, overnight if possible.

Easy Spanish Rice

1 1/2 cups rice
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup plain tomato sauce
3 cloves finely chopped garlic* 
1/4 of a medium onion
2 tablespoons oil
4 heaping tablespoons of finely chopped parsley

Heat the oil in a medium-sized sauce pan over medium heat. Add in the fresh garlic and onion. Saute for 1-2 minutes until softened. Add in dry rice. Stir for about 5 minutes until rice becomes a golden brown color.

Add in broth and tomato sauce (Slowly into rice, not directly onto hot pan!) Add in the parsley if you're using it. Stir it up and bring to a boil. Once it starts boiling, turn the heat to low and cover. Let it simmer for 20 minutes and fluff with a fork.

Season to taste.  I give it a few dashes of tabasco sauce.

*I've used minced garlic from the jar mixed with garlic powder in a pinch, takes a little more but works just fine.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2010, 09:08:15 PM »

Lifesong..sounds delicious! thanks...

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2010, 02:27:50 PM »

Rhubard Strudel

1 1/4 cups white sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup sour cream
3 - 3 1/2 cups diced rhubarb

Topping
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup flour

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a large bowl, stir together 1 1/4 cups sugar, baking soda, salt and 2 cups flour. Stir in the eggs and sour cream until smooth, then fold in the rhubarb. Let this rest for 10 minutes at it will seem really dry at first but the rhubarb juice will come out.  Stir again briefly and pour into the prepared dish and spread evenly.

In a smaller bowl, stir together the remaining 1 cup sugar and butter until smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup flour until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle the mixture on top of the cake Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2010, 10:14:01 PM »

Northern, I wish you were my next door neighbor or a really close friend or relative who lived by me so that I could drop in for dinner....nightly! lol...

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2010, 01:25:58 PM »

Northern, I wish you were my next door neighbor or a really close friend or relative who lived by me so that I could drop in for dinner....nightly! lol...

That would be good as I always make too much in case one of the older boys and their signfigant others drop by. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2010, 01:41:24 PM »

Crockpot Baked Beans

4 cups dry navy beans
1 pound bacon finely sliced
2 medium onions finely diced
6 Tbsp molasses
4 teaspoons salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar

Soak beans overnight in cold water in a bowl large enough to all beans are covered in water and you have one inch more water than beans.

Next day drain beans and put beans and everything else in crockpot.  Crock on high for about 10 - 12 hours.  Stir occasionally.  You may need to add water as it is crocking.  If after beans are tender the sauce is a bit runny let it crock for another hour with lid off to get sauce thickened.

If you like a maple flavour you can cut the molasses in half and add 3 Tbsp maple syrup.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2010, 05:32:16 PM »

sounds yummy Northern!

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2010, 10:33:40 AM »

Hi Monkey's,

This little recipe is so handy when your want a donut.  flower

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,174,149187-251204,00.html

EASY DONUT HOLES   

1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. flour
Dash of salt
2 tsp. baking powder
Cinnamon to taste

Mix together. Drop by teaspoon into hot oil. Fry until brown. Drain. Roll in sugar and cinnamon.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2010, 04:37:18 PM »

Hi Monkey's,

This little recipe is so handy when your want a donut.  flower

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,174,149187-251204,00.html

EASY DONUT HOLES   

1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. flour
Dash of salt
2 tsp. baking powder
Cinnamon to taste

Mix together. Drop by teaspoon into hot oil. Fry until brown. Drain. Roll in sugar and cinnamon.

now that sounds yummy and easy!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2010, 04:58:25 AM »

Bearly...the peach pizza sounds really good...do you recommend fresh peaches? or could one use frozen or canned peaches?

I am sorry, Cookie, I just saw this, tap me on Musings if you want to ask me something.  I check there a lot.

I recommend fresh peaches.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.