April 16, 2024, 01:41:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Post your favorite recipes here  (Read 90199 times)
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2008, 09:50:25 AM »

Stuffed Dates

1 pkg/container whole pitted dates
1 8oz. cream cheese
pecan halves and powdered sugar

Open each date & fill with a spoonful of cream cheese. Top with a pecan half & roll in powdered sugar. Serve immediately.

I swear I can never make enough of these during the Holidays. They are devoured as soon as they hit the plate!! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 10:05:42 AM »

Celery Soup Casserole

1 lb. ground beef
5 med. size potatoes(sliced)
2 med. onions(sliced, seperated in rings)
1 10oz. can cream of celery soup(plus 1/2 can of milk)
salt & pepper to taste

Brown ground beef, drain. Season with salt & pepper. In an electric skillet, layer ground beef, potatoes and onions. Mix soup with the milk & pour over layered ingredients. Cook at med. heat for 20 mins. or until potatoes are done.

I always use an electric skillet for this recipe because it cooks so quickly. It can also be baked in the oven, in an oven safe dish or pan, at 350, for 25 to 30 mins. or until potatoes are done. Also, I always season the potatoes and celery soup as well!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
crazybabyborg
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2008, 10:45:14 AM »

My favorite dessrt of all time!!

Banana split dessert

3 sticks margarine( room temp)
2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1 box(2 c.) powdered sugar
2 eggs (or equivalent egg substitute)
3 bananas(sliced)
1 med. can crushed pineapple(drained)
1 lg. cool whip( or any whipped topping)
1/2 c. chopped maraschino cherries
1/2 c. chopped pecans(optional)

Melt 1 stick margarine & mix with graham cracker crumbs. Spread in bottom of 9x13 pan.
Refrigerate. Beat together( no less than 15 minutes!) 2 sticks of margarine, the powdered sugar and eggs(or egg substitute). Spread on top of crumbs. Place sliced bananas on top of cream layer. Next, the pineapple. Top with cool whip. Sprinkle with the cherries and pecans. Refrigerate at least 3 hours. Serves about 20 (less in my family!)

Important: Beating the marg.,sugar, & egg mixture for 15 mins. is necessary because the texture changes into a whipped delight! So no cheating on the time! 

OH MONKEN!!!! I had that recipe years ago and have looked on and off for it again for a long time!!! Thanks You, Thank You, for posting it!!!! It's WONDERFUL!!! 
sandy leiva
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2008, 01:17:54 PM »

Lori Taluttos Moms recipe
                    To Die For  Pineapple Cheesecake

_ingredients:
3 eggs                                                                 mix ist 6 ingredients
                                                                          fold in all sour cream                2 8 oz packages of cream cheese                              Bake in springfirm pan
1 cup sugar                                                           375degrees for 50 min
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 16 oz sour cream plus
1 8 oz sour cream

for the crust:                                                          mix crust ingredients and
1 3/4 cup crushed graham                                          cracker                                                                                                                                                                                         line springform pan up sides
1/4 cup crushed almonds                                            dont bake crust
1/2 cup sugar
1 stick of melted butter

for pineapple glaze
1 can crushed pinapple  Large can
drain the juice- you will need i cup
put into pot with 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 tblsp cornstarch and boil till bubbling then add pineapple and 1 drop of yellow food coloring

turn baked chessecake into the crust springformed pan - top with pineapple glaze and enjoy.   Best recipe ever.

submitted by Sandy Leiva with permission from Lori
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2008, 07:03:59 PM »

POTATO CANDY

1 small white potato
Vanilla extract (to taste)
1-2 boxes Confectioner sugar
Peanut Butter

BOIL POTATO UNTIL SOFT (WITH SKIN ON).  DRAIN/PEEL.   Mash potato (very important to continue mashing potato to get all lumps out- I use a large fork). Add vanilla extract, add confectioner sugar a little at a time, continue adding until it forms a ball.  On wax paper dust confectioner sugar on paper and roll the ball out into a flat square.  Add a layer of peanut butter.  Starting at one end slowly roll into a log.  Wrap in wax paper and refrigerate. Cut log and enjoy.

This is a very rich sweet treat.  Easy on it.  My mother always made this at Christmas time and I always loved it.  My son loves it and I always have to make my nephew a log each year.  Very old recipe and very seldom see it in recipe books.

**very important that this potato is hot or the sugar will not blend in.  Slowly add sugar and blend throughly or you will have lumps.
Enjoy.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2009, 08:12:29 PM »

A GREAT "COMFORT FOOD" FOR COLD & HUNGRY MONKEYS:

Chicken & Rice Casserole

Ingredients:

1 tube Bob Evans Hot Sausage-Cooked
2 medium onions-Cooked
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup (no liquid)
2 cups cooked chicken
1 box cooked Uncle Ben's Long Grain & Wild Rice (original not -5 minute)
1 sleeve Ritz Crackers
1 stick of margarine

In a 9X13 pan:

1st layer-
tube of Bob Evan's Sausage-Cooked
Cooked onions
2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup (no liquid)

2nd layer-
Cooked Chicken

3rd layer-
Cooked Uncle Ben's rice

4th Layer-
Sprinkle Ritz cracker crumbs and drizzle with 1 stick melted margarine

Cover with foil and bake at 350 deg for 30-40 minutes until hot and bubbly!

I use 2 shortcuts when making this, I buy rotisserie chicken so I don't have to cook it and I cook the sausage & onions in the same pan.  I also cook up the rice ahead of time.  This makes quite a bit and it reheats very well.

ENJOY!

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
txsunshine82
Scared Monkey

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2009, 02:52:49 PM »

2 cups Imperial Sugar

2 Tablespoons Flour

1 cup eggs ( usually 4 to 5 large eggs )

1 Teaspoon Real Vanilla

1 Stick of melted sweet cream unsalted butter ( do not use margarine )

2/3 cup Buttermilk
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Heat oven to 325 degrees. Bake pie for 1 hour.

Mix flour in sugar.  Add beaten eggs, vanilla, melted butter, and buttermilk. Mix

everything together.  Pour into an uncooked crust.  Cook for 1 hour. 

Yummy!

hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2009, 12:22:06 AM »

These are Delicious and are Great Appetizers! Enjoy!

Jalapeno Cheese Squares
1 lb. cheddar cheese, grated
1 lb. Monterrey Jack cheese, grated
1 can (4 oz.) jalapenos, chopped
2 eggs
1 can (13 oz.) evaporated milk
1/2 cup flour
Layer cheese and jalapenos in a 9 inch square pan.
Mix together eggs, milk, and flour. Pour over top.
Cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Cool slightly,
cut into squares and serve.

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
eyecanCOOK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2009, 02:49:06 PM »

very easy chicken pot pie for us mothers that are always on the run

1 pkg ready made pie crust
1 pkg boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg frozen California blend vegetables(carrots,cauliflower,broccoli)
1 can Campbell's cream of chicken soup
1 medium onion diced
2 tablespoons olive oil, butter your choice

When you hit the door after a long day, leave the pie crust on the table to warm up the warmer it is the easier it is to work with. Pull your pie pan out of the cupboard and spray it will pan spray...if you don't have pan spray butter or olive swipe will do.  Pull out your cutting board and dice your onion set aside, pull out your chicken and dice and season with some salt and pepper.   
Pull out your saute pan add your butter or olive oil and sear your chicken...most people at this point want to move the chicken around and that often times results in the chicken sticking to the pan.....don't touch it let it cook until it pulls away easily, when chicken is browned, add your diced onion and cook until onion is translucent and sweet smelling....add your frozen vegetables, and can of cream of chicken soup and mix until well incorporated.  Lay your first crust on the bottom of your pre-greased pie plate and fill with the chicken mixture. Moisten the edge of your pie crust with water to help sealing, and lay your top crust over the pie. Crimp the pie by folding the top crust underneath the bottom crust to seal and give it your personal touch, cut a steam vent in the middle of the pie and brush with an egg wash(beaten egg and water, this aids in the browning process) place in a 350F oven until golden brown 

Kindness is a word the deaf and dumb can understand. No ciggies for one year....ok on to year two
eyecanCOOK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2009, 05:44:14 PM »

Windy City Burger Sliders

2 pounds of ground chuck
1 pkg of mild shredded cheddar(2 cups)
1 envelope of Lipton onion soup
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 pkgs of 12 brown and serve dinner rolls
2 shallow bottomed foil baking pans

In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, cheddar cheese, onion soup, and mayo with your hands until it is well mixed, it is going to be messy and on the wet side but that is what you want.  Remove your 2 pkgs of brown and serve rolls don't separate them, cut them all lengthwise so you have even top and bottom, divide the mixture between the two pkgs and make sure that it is even width wise, put the tops on the rolls and place in your pre-greased foil pans cover with foil and bake in 350F oven until beef is done or internal temp is at least 150 degrees, allow burgers to cool and cut them in twelve portions and serve.

Kindness is a word the deaf and dumb can understand. No ciggies for one year....ok on to year two
eyecanCOOK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2009, 07:04:47 PM »

ok got another recipe in fact I gots millions lol....but hey, that is what I do for a living this one is super on a Sunday start it in the morning go out do your thing during the day come back and voila dinner.

Teriyaki Pulled Pork Sandwiches

3 pounds of boneless pork shoulder roast
1 tsp diced garlic
1 cup teriyaki sauce(I use Kikomann baste sauce)
1 can sliced pineapple with juice
1 medium onion diced
3 to 4 tablespoons flour depending how thick you would like your sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil

In a pan sear the pork shoulder in the 2 tablespoons of olive oil until well browned, its ok it is a big piece of meat ya can't mess it up at this stage. Season with salt and pepper.  Get out your crock pot, blow the dust off of it, pull it in and hope it still works. Set the crockpot at low and throw your meat in with the diced onion, garlic, 1/2 cup pineapple juice from the can sliced pineapple, 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce and cook for 7 to 8 hours.  When the shoulder is at the point where you can shred it, remove from the crockpot and cool.  Meanwhile in a bowl mix remaining 1/2 cup Teriyaki sauce and flour until smooth and add to the liquid that has stayed behind in your crockpot....let it marry and get all cozy until it thickened, return your pre-shredded pork back to the crockpot and serve on hamburger buns with sliced pineapple and anything else you feel would good addition

Steel Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

KOT

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2009, 03:25:11 PM »

Steel Monkey's Awesome TC Chicken Salad!
(okay, I stole this recipe, but it is great!)

2 Shredded Chicken Breasts
1/4 c Dried TC Cherries
1/8 c Toasted Slivered Almonds
1/8 c Finely Diced Celery
Mayo to taste

Serve on fresh Croissants!
JNGA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2009, 08:42:35 AM »

Butterfinger Cake

1-yellow cake mix
(I don't use anything like french vanillia cause it's too sweet, just a classic yellow, the cake will be sweet enough....trust me Smile)
(usally the cake mix requires oil and eggs)
1-8oz jar of caramel ice cream topping
(if you can't find a 8 oz jar get a bigger one and just don't use it all)
1-14 oz can of sweetened condenesd milk
1-16 oz bowl of whipped cream
4-butterfinger candy bars(crushed)

Directions:

*Make the cake as directed on the box. Let it cool. (it's important to let it cool or it will melt the whipped cream)
*Poke holes in the cake.  (Yes Smile Poke holes in it!  so the sauce can get down in it good)
*Mix the caramel topping and sweetened condensed milk in a bowl and then pour over the cake.
*Sprinkle half of the butterfinger over the top.
*spread the whipped cream over the top.
*Sprinkle the remaining butterfinger over the top. Enjoy!

Ok the story on this is that one year for my anniversary I wanted to bake a cake for my hubby and was looking for a recipe for a Red velvet cake.  I found one but it had so many ingredients and look very hard to make.  I kept looking through my cookbook and found this one and decided to make it instead because it look so much easier.  My family has not quit letting me make this.  They make me bring them to every family get together.  Very quick, very easy, not to costly.  Wonderful cake.  Better after it has set in the fridge:)   
JNGA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2009, 08:46:05 AM »

Oh yeah, make sure the whipped cream is thawed out because you can not spread frozen whipped cream! 
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2009, 07:32:11 PM »

Oh WOW JNGA! That cake sounds sooooo good! I'm gonna make it soon. I think my family would love it.

It's calorie free...right?

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2009, 08:01:50 PM »

thanks for all the great recipes...I am always looking for good ones...especially ones that I can cook in the crock pot!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2009, 05:04:52 PM »

hotping

Is a special fish dish on the menu for dinner.

I have a suggestion.  Filet fish sauteed it in a teriyaki sauce complimented by rice and snow/snap peas.

Teriyaki Sauce:

1.  soya sauce
2.  white or brown sugar.
3.  garlic powder
4.  black pepper
5.  ginger powder
6.  butter
7.  water

1.  Mix together and cook teriyaki sauce until boiling in a microwave.

2.  Pour teriyaki sauce into electric frying pan.

3.  Place fish fish fillets

4.  Cover and ... sautee at a low temperature until cooked.

5.  Remove fish fillets place on serving dish.

6.  Add snow/snap peas to teriyaki sauce.

7.  Sautee for about two minutes ... remove and place in serving bowl.

8.  Strain teriyaki sauce from frying pan into small cream jug.

9.  white rice

10.  green tea.

Janet this looks good.  Am moving it to our cooking thread.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 07:27:37 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2009, 06:38:11 PM »

hotping

I have a suggestion.  Filet fish sauteed it in a teriyaki sauce complimented by rice and snow/snap peas.

Teriyaki Sauce:

1.  soya sauce
3.  garlic powder
4.  black pepper
5.  ginger powder
6.  butter
7.  water

9.  white rice

10.  green tea.

I am having lasagna!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2009, 06:48:21 PM »

hotping

Teriyaki Sauce:

1.  soya sauce
3.  garlic powder
4.  black pepper
5.  ginger powder
6.  butter
7.  water

9.  white rice

10.  green tea.

I am having lasagna!

Sounds good.  Does it have lots of sticky Mozza cheese.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2009, 09:38:40 PM »

Windy City Burger Sliders

2 pounds of ground chuck
1 pkg of mild shredded cheddar(2 cups)
1 envelope of Lipton onion soup
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 pkgs of 12 brown and serve dinner rolls
2 shallow bottomed foil baking pans

In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, cheddar cheese, onion soup, and mayo with your hands until it is well mixed, it is going to be messy and on the wet side but that is what you want.  Remove your 2 pkgs of brown and serve rolls don't separate them, cut them all lengthwise so you have even top and bottom, divide the mixture between the two pkgs and make sure that it is even width wise, put the tops on the rolls and place in your pre-greased foil pans cover with foil and bake in 350F oven until beef is done or internal temp is at least 150 degrees, allow burgers to cool and cut them in twelve portions and serve.

Quick question....do the bottoms of these get real greasy after cooking?  Wondering about the grease from the meat.  Can you eat them with your fingers, or are they a 'fork food'?   Thanks! 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.