March 28, 2024, 02:26:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Post your favorite recipes here  (Read 89861 times)
eyecanCOOK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2009, 09:25:47 AM »

Windy City Burger Sliders

2 pounds of ground chuck
1 pkg of mild shredded cheddar(2 cups)
1 envelope of Lipton onion soup
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 pkgs of 12 brown and serve dinner rolls
2 shallow bottomed foil baking pans

In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, cheddar cheese, onion soup, and mayo with your hands until it is well mixed, it is going to be messy and on the wet side but that is what you want.  Remove your 2 pkgs of brown and serve rolls don't separate them, cut them all lengthwise so you have even top and bottom, divide the mixture between the two pkgs and make sure that it is even width wise, put the tops on the rolls and place in your pre-greased foil pans cover with foil and bake in 350F oven until beef is done or internal temp is at least 150 degrees, allow burgers to cool and cut them in twelve portions and serve.

Quick question....do the bottoms of these get real greasy after cooking?  Wondering about the grease from the meat.  Can you eat them with your fingers, or are they a 'fork food'?   Thanks! 
yes they do get real greasy...good fork food at first....next day they are better and can eat them with your hands

Kindness is a word the deaf and dumb can understand. No ciggies for one year....ok on to year two
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2009, 07:33:57 PM »

Quick and simple meal for you Mom's on the go, so easy your children can help!

Ham & Cheddar Loaf

1 lb. frozen bread or pizza dough, thawed
1 pkg. (9 oz) Cooked Sandwich Ham
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup soften cream cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan Cheese

1. PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Place dough on lightly floured surface; flatten slightly with hands, then roll into 12 x 8-in. rectangle with rolling pin. (If dough is difficult to roll, cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 30 min. before rolling out.)

2. TOP dough evenly with ham, overlapping slices slightly and leaving a 1/2-in. border around all sides.

3. MIX cheddar cheese and cream cheese; spread evenly over ham.

4. MOISTEN edges of dough with water. Starting at one of the long sides of dough, fold 1/3 of the dough over the filling, then repeat with other long side of dough. Firmly pinch ends of dough together to seal. Place, seam side down, on lightly greased baking sheet.

5. CUT 3 diagonal slits in top of dough with kitchen scissors. Brush evenly with egg; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 35 to 40 min. or until golden brown. Cool 10 min. before cutting into 6 slices to serve (Adult-assisted). Makes 6 servings, 1 slice each.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2009, 08:38:59 PM »

Bar-B-Cups

1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion(chopped)
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1/2 c. shredded cheese
1 container (regular sized ) canned biscuits-12 count
salt & pepper

Brown ground beef & onion. Drain fat, season with salt & pepper. Mix in BBQ sauce.Simmer for 5 minutes. Flatten & stretch each biscuit & place one in each muffin pan cup. Fill each biscuit cup with equal amounts of meat mixture & top with cheese. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or until biscuits are done. Makes 1 dozen.

Kids Love these!!! 

I made this tonight for dinner...everybody loved it..I changed it a bit by using manwich in the ground beef cause I had that on hand...quick and good!

hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2009, 10:56:46 PM »

hotping

Is a special fish dish on the menu for dinner.

I have a suggestion.  Filet fish sauteed it in a teriyaki sauce complimented by rice and snow/snap peas.

Teriyaki Sauce:

1.  soya sauce
2.  white or brown sugar.
3.  garlic powder
4.  black pepper
5.  ginger powder
6.  butter
7.  water

1.  Mix together and cook teriyaki sauce until boiling in a microwave.

2.  Pour teriyaki sauce into electric frying pan.

3.  Place fish fish fillets

4.  Cover and ... sautee at a low temperature until cooked.

5.  Remove fish fillets place on serving dish.

6.  Add snow/snap peas to teriyaki sauce.

7.  Sautee for about two minutes ... remove and place in serving bowl.

8.  Strain teriyaki sauce from frying pan into small cream jug.

9.  white rice

10.  green tea.

Janet this looks good.  Am moving it to our cooking thread.
Thank You Janet for the Great Fish Recipe Unfortunately I have no fish to try it out with right now... My Grandson did catch some fish but the Tournament was Catch and Release......No He didn't win the Tournament but We had loads of fun!  I will try it as soon as I can....Thanks Again! 

Thanks MuffeyBee for making the recipe easy to find! 

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2009, 11:08:02 PM »

yummy foods Monkeys!!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2009, 03:44:29 PM »

something's up with the site this afternoon, was taking a quick break from work to post this for NJ Sons_Mom and I keep getting error messages?

Going to try one more time.......

These are two fave tomato soup recipes, one is an attachment for I only have it as a scan from a cookbook - it's Caprial's Roasted Tomato Soup. Very lowfat and if you can use fresh basil and add fresh basil ribbons on top, it's more flavorful than with dried basil. I also sometimes add pasta, rotini, to this soup.

I also use roma/plum tomatoes for both recipes for that variety has fewer seeds.

This recipe is from Mick's Restaurant which sadly is now closed in Atlanta but this soup is delicious.

Mick’s Tomato Soup

Ingredients:

1/4 cup oil
3 cups chopped onions
1/8 cup all-purpose flour
3 cups plum tomatoes, chopped
2 (28-ounce) cans diced tomatoes in juice
3 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups heavy cream

Instructions:
In a large stockpot, add oil. Saute onions until softened. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add plum tomatoes, diced tomatoes, salt, pepper, thyme, garlic and sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, stir in heavy cream and remove from heat.

I think I'll try to attach the scan for the other recipe in the next reply box, somehow I wonder if that's what is stalling my post?

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2009, 03:45:35 PM »

Caprial's Roasted Tomato Soup

recipe scan attached

« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 04:07:21 PM by klaasend » Logged

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2009, 03:46:50 PM »

it's huge, guess that's why it kept stalling OOPS !

I fixed it  
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 04:08:32 PM by klaasend » Logged

califmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2009, 06:05:18 PM »

Quick and simple meal for you Mom's on the go, so easy your children can help!

Ham & Cheddar Loaf

1 lb. frozen bread or pizza dough, thawed
1 pkg. (9 oz) Cooked Sandwich Ham
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup soften cream cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan Cheese

1. PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Place dough on lightly floured surface; flatten slightly with hands, then roll into 12 x 8-in. rectangle with rolling pin. (If dough is difficult to roll, cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 30 min. before rolling out.)

2. TOP dough evenly with ham, overlapping slices slightly and leaving a 1/2-in. border around all sides.

3. MIX cheddar cheese and cream cheese; spread evenly over ham.

4. MOISTEN edges of dough with water. Starting at one of the long sides of dough, fold 1/3 of the dough over the filling, then repeat with other long side of dough. Firmly pinch ends of dough together to seal. Place, seam side down, on lightly greased baking sheet.

5. CUT 3 diagonal slits in top of dough with kitchen scissors. Brush evenly with egg; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 35 to 40 min. or until golden brown. Cool 10 min. before cutting into 6 slices to serve (Adult-assisted). Makes 6 servings, 1 slice each.

Dolce, I am making this tonight for my daughter's lunch for the rest of the week.  She loves HAM & CHEESE, so I showed it to her and she said she had to try it!!  I Will let you know how it comes out!!  Thanks for posting the recipe!!

♥ Justice for Caylee ♥
califmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2009, 06:07:41 PM »

Caprial's Roasted Tomato Soup

recipe scan attached

OMGosh... I am drooling!!  This sounds wonderful!!  I will have to try making this over the weekend!!  Thanks for posting this, NONESUCHE

♥ Justice for Caylee ♥
KeysBreeze
Scared Monkey

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2009, 01:35:26 PM »

OK this recipe is to show your nasty Mother in Law you can out cook her.  HA

Every time I have fixed this...everybody raves about it. Its really tasty and is great for when you have company over.  Caution...some people don't like lamb...my family does.

Ingredients 
4 lamb shanks (14 to 16 ounces each) or leg of lamb  (I use leg of lamb)
3 to 4 large cloves garlic, cut into slivers
salt and coarse ground black pepper
2 sweet onions, sliced
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
1 cup dry white wine
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup orzo pasta
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Directions 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
With paring knife, pierce lamb shanks or leg of lamb and insert garlic slivers into meat (4 to 5 in each shank.)
Sprinkle with generously with salt and pepper.
Place shanks in roasting pan. Cover with onion slices and drizzle with oil.
Roast 25 minutes.
Sprinkle meat with oregano. Pour tomatoes and wine over.
Roast an additional 45 minutes.
Remove lamb from roasting pan and set aside.
Add chicken stock to roasting pan and stir in orze.
Place lamb shanks on top. Return to oven.
Roast until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Remove pan and cover. Let stand 10 minutes.
Arrange on serving platter.
Sprinkle with cheese

Thanks, this is my new favorite company meal.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2009, 09:27:34 AM »

FANNY'S FAVORITE STAWBERRY DAQUIRI

GO TO FAVORITE SUPERMARKET OR FAVORITE LIQUID BEVERAGE STORE.

BUY BOTTLE, PERFERALBLY LARGE, OF CAPTAIN MORGAN SPICED RUM AND FROZEN BACARDI STRAWBERRY DAQUIRI MIX.

GO HOME AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE AND FIND BLENDER IN THE BACK OF THE CABINET.

GET TOP OFF OF FROZEN MIX, YOU MAY NEED TO USE YOUR TEETH.

DUMP MIX IN BLENDER. THE DIRECTIONS SAY TO USE HALF A CAN OF RUM, BUT WHAT THE HECK, I USE A WHOLE CAN.

FILL BLENDER WITH ICE, BLEND TO PROPER CONSISTANCY. POUR IN GLASS. YOU CAN PUT A FANCY UMBRELLA ON TOP OR A WHOLE STRAWBERRY, BUT I DON'T BOTHER.

STICK A STRAW IN IT AND ENJOY. 

DISCLAIMER: DO NOT DRINK TOO FAST WITH STRAW AS THE DRINK WILL GIVE YOU A SEVERE BRAIN FREEZE. (DON'T ASK ME HOW I KNOW!)

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2009, 09:49:40 PM »

Northern’s Home Made Pasta

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 pinch salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon butter

Put dry ingredients in bowl and mix.  Make a well, break in eggs, add milk and butter.  Fold dry ingredients over and start kneading until smooth – about 5 mins..  I then cut the dough in half and make two balls, leave in bowl and cover.  Let rest for 10 min.  Roll out one ball at a time to about 1/8 thick ( or as thick as you want noodles) and cut . I usually lightly flour both sides of rolled dough and then roll it up like a jelly roll and cut.  You have to toss the pieces you cut to unroll them as you go or they end up sticking together.   Let noodles breath for at least 30 mins tossing them every now and then so the bottom ones get to breath as well and they do not stick on your counter.  If they start sticking add a bit of flour and toss. .  Let breath (air dry)  before cooking or they go mushy.  To cook – place in boiling salt water with a tsp of olive oil in it .  Once noodles float boil for 2 more minutes and they are done.  Drain.  Toss with 1 heaping tbsp of butter so they do not stick.

These can also be used for soups.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2009, 04:21:20 PM »

The Cinnamon buns are really easy as I use my dough setting on my bread maker to make it (shhhhhhh!)

Put the following in bread maker and set on dough setting.

1 cup warm milk (nuke in microwave for 1 min on high)
2 eggs, room temperature (I have used them straight our of the fridge and it works fine)
1/3 cup butter, melted
4 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup white sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast

Once dough setting is done turn out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine 1 cup brown sugar- packed and 2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon.

Roll dough into a 16x21 inch rectangle or close to. Spread dough with 1/3 cup softened butter ( I use a pastry brush and nuke butter for 5 seconds) and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Roll up dough on the long edge and cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).

Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. While rolls are baking, beat together 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened , 1/4 cup butter, 1 1/2 cups icing sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1/8 tsp salt ( Omit salt if you are using salted butter!) . Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2009, 05:20:23 PM »

CBB posted this in Musings and I wanted to make sure it was here too:

Hi Blonde! I'm not MT, but my cornbread is a favorite with family and friends, so here's my recipe:

(I use a glass 4 cup measuring Cup for all measurements)

Well grease a 10 in. iron skillet, and set oven to 425*

3 1/2 Cups Three Rivers brand cornmeal
2 eggs slightly scrambled
1/4 Cup vegetable oil
3 tblsp. sugar ( may omit or increase, depending on sweetness preference )
1 1/2 - 2 Cups buttermilk (sweet milk will work in a pinch)

Hand mix in large bowl just until ingredients are moistened, and pour in greased skillet. Bake in 425* preheated oven 25 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.

* Blonde, Don't be picky about measuring exactly. You'll get to where you'll know the consistency of the batter and add a little more milk or meal to get it like you want it. Three Rivers meal is the BEST!  Some things go better with sweet cornbread than others, so use your judgement on that, but if you haven't tried it with sugar, I think you'll like it.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2009, 09:58:06 AM »

Peach Pizza

(Credit:  Momma Bear)

2 c. flour
3 tsp. baking powder
¾ tsp. salt
4 tbsp. sugar
1/3 c. shortening
1 ½ tsp. vanilla
½ c. + 2 tbsp. milk

Topping:

4-5 c. peaches, sliced
4 tbsp. butter
1 c. sugar
2 tbsp. flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 ½ tbsp. lemon juice

Sift flour; measure; add baking powder, salt, and sugar; sift again.

Cut in shortening with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse corn meal.

Add vanilla and enough milk to flour-shortening mixture to make to make a soft dough, stirring it with a fork.

Roll out dough; line a pizza pan with dough.  Press peach slices into dough.

Cream the butter; gradually add the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and lemon juice.  Spread on top of peaches. 

Bake at 375* for 20 minutes.

My addition:
Serve with hugs and kisses topped with family history and laughter.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2009, 01:53:26 PM »

Bearly...the peach pizza sounds really good...do you recommend fresh peaches? or could one use frozen or canned peaches?

Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2009, 07:12:26 PM »

I once had a boyfriend whose grandmother taught me how to make tortillas and everything.  She also taught me to make Fried Chicken.  When I got married I made it for my family and my mother in law has asked me for the recipe (which I won't share with her because I don't like her) and my father in law ate it and they said he doesn't like chicken at all.  I'm not with the husband anymore but he still talks about my chicken, as does his mom.  If she only knew how easy it is to make she would kick herself   

Brigida's Fried Chicken

Ingredients:
Chicken parts
Flour
Season All Season Salt
Oil

Heat the oil in a pan over the stove, about a half inch deep.  Rinse the chicken off with water, cover with flour, then lay the chicken in the oil.
Then take the season all and sprinkle (I more than sprinkle but I like lots of seasoning) it over the flour on the part of the chicken that is not in the oil.  Let cook a bit, then turn the chicken over and cook until the juices run clear when punctured with afork.  Remove from the oil and drain excess oil off with paper towels. 

Hope you enjoy!

Also, if you are going to use chicken with the bone in you may want to make the oil a little bit deeper in the pan to better cook it, I just use boneless chicken breasts or tenderloins for mine.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2009, 05:42:25 PM »

Looking for a good way to fix acorn squash....

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2009, 09:32:39 PM »

Looking for a good way to fix acorn squash....

Soup!

1 medium acorn squash
1 small onion
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp flour
1 tsp chicken bouillion
1/2 tsp dried dill
1/4 tsp curry powder
dash cayenne pepper
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup milk
1/2 cup half and half cream
5 bacon strips fryed and crumbled
salt and peper to taste
ginger

Microwave the full, uncut squash on high for 5 minutes. Cut down center, remove seeds with ice cream scooper. Place halves face down, microwave 8 minutes (or until you see it "wilt"), one half at a time. Let cool, and scoop out with ice cream scooper.

In a large saucepan, saute the onion and celery in butter. Stir in flour, bouillon, dill, curry and cayenne until blended. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the squash, salt and pepper; heat through. Add half and half.

In a blender, process the soup in batches until smooth. Pour into bowls; top with bacon and a small sprinkle of ginger around the edges.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.