April 20, 2024, 01:38:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote 'no' on Election Day - None of the Above  (Read 3106 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: July 27, 2008, 06:29:46 PM »

Farah proclaims: Vote 'no' on Election Day

New book, 'None of the Above,' 1st of its kind in modern U.S. history

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: July 27, 2008
6:01 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

WASHINGTON – Both major-party presidential candidates should be rejected at the polls this November, writes Joseph Farah, founder and editor of the largest independent news source on the Internet in an unusual new book hitting bookstores nationwide in three weeks and available now exclusively through WND's online store.

"None of the Above" is the first book of its kind in modern U.S. history – calling for Americans to send a message to the Democratic and Republican parties that they will not vote for candidates who do not honor and uphold the principles of the Constitution. (snip)

"As long as Americans continue to accept the failed choices of the two major parties, our country is going to be served up nominees representing the lowest common denominator of acceptability," he says. "That's what the notion of voting for the lesser of two evils every four years gives us – continually declining standards of leadership."

(snip)

Voting for a bad candidate of either party is the surest way to waste your vote," Farah says. "If you want to promote real positive political change in America in 2008, the best way is to reject them both – choosing a third-party alternative or writing in another choice. Just imagine the message this will send the Republican and Democratic party establishments if millions of us do that."

At the same time, "None of the Above" strongly encourages participation in the election and makes the case for cleaning house of deeply flawed, entrenched incumbents in Congress who also exceed their authority under the Constitution.

"What I am proposing is truly a radical agenda for 2008 and beyond," says Farah. "We need a grassroots uprising of Americans who are willing to hold candidates to a higher standard than we have been setting for at least the last 20 years."

(snip)

"Barack Obama is possibly the worst major-party candidate ever to be nominated to run for the presidency," he says. "I understand his still largely unknown but extremist views will hurt the country. But, as I explain in my book, McCain will actually be worse for the country in the long run. A victory by McCain, whose positions on many of the major issues of the day parallel Obama's, will actually forestall the day of reckoning America desperately needs to right its teetering ship of state."

(snip)

"Gerald Ford didn't stand for much except business as usual," Farah recalls. "He was part of the Washington establishment and people wanted change. They wanted a fresh face. They were sick of the corruption of Washington. So they chose Jimmy Carter and stuck with a Congress dominated by Democrats. Within four years, Americans realized they had made a terrible mistake. The economy was in tatters. American prestige was at an all-time low. Americans were held hostage in Iran. The Soviet Union was on the move around the world. Even Jimmy Carter recognized there was a 'malaise' affecting the entire country – he just didn't realize he had caused it."

Americans knew who to blame in 1980. Ronald Reagan was elected in a landslide victory – an eventuality that was unlikely without Americans experiencing the pain of Jimmy Carter's failed leadership and the failed policies of the Democrats in Congress, Farah explains.

"Now think what will happen if John McCain is elected in 2008 and, as is likely, Democrats maintain control of both houses of Congress," Farah postulates. "Americans won't know who to blame for the failed policies that will result. In all likelihood, the Democrats will be able to blame McCain. That will result in a more experienced and polished Obama running successfully in 2012. In other words, a McCain victory just delays the day of reckoning."

Furthermore, Farah says, if he is elected, McCain will transform the Republican Party into his own image.

He adds: "If he wins, McCain will be able to say convincingly: 'See, this is the way for Republicans to win. We need to reach across the aisles. We need to moderate our views. We need to be more like the other party. We need to build a bigger tent.' There will be little opportunity for the next Ronald Reagan – if there is to be one -- to emerge in 2012."

Farah believes whoever wins among the two major-party candidates will lead America in the wrong direction.

"How can any of us be a part of knowingly sending America on the wrong course?" he asks. "I believe there is a better way."

"None of the Above" will be hitting bookstores across the nation Aug. 19 – and Farah promises he will do his best to get the message out in a book tour beginning on that date. However, WND visitors don't have to wait. The book is available now from the WND online store and – for a limited time only – each copy is signed personally by Farah and is accompanied by a magnetized bumper sticker bearing the slogan, "None of the Above." That's an extra $5.95 value absolutely free.

"There's never been a book like 'None of the Above' in modern American political history," says Farah. "That's because there's never been a moment like this in modern American political history. We can go to the polls like lemmings on Nov. 4 and choose the lesser of two true evils. Or we can take a stand against evil and reject them both. I believe God will honor our collective decisions to reject evil and bless this nation."

read more here -
http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=70605

My use of bold and color above.

I don't know which monkey icon to use for this one!

Not sure who would be a good 'write in' candidate either.     

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 09:36:44 PM »

I really can't find fault with the author's argument. 
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 10:54:44 AM »

I really can't find fault with the author's argument. 

I was expecting a post with lots of numbers to make my brain hurt. 

I had to cover my mouth to keep from taking out my monitor!   

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 01:59:22 PM »

Obama, McCain: What a choice!

Bluefield Daily Telegraph

By EMILIE A. HOLROYD

I despair for my country. How on earth did we come to this? Neither of our presidential candidates shows any sign of understanding the plight of the working class.

This should be said upfront. Neither of these men are bad. To the contrary, they seem sincere and honest. They just don’t get it.

Hillary was not much better although towards the end her campaign was willing to admit NAFTA, WTO and other “free trade” treaties helped wreck the country economically. Maybe her reluctance to attack these agreements was because Bill Clinton and the Republican congress in the 90s pushed many “free trade “ treaties through Congress.

Now we have John McCain and Barack Obama.

Both of them, like Hillary, support amnesty for up to 20 million illegal aliens. There seems to be no thought by either man just how many American workers have already lost jobs to illegals, who won’t even learn English. Guess what happens if they are admitted as citizens?

All of us who pay taxes pay illegal worker benefits instead of the employers willing to break U.S. laws in order to hire cheap labor. We, the taxpayers, give illegals their medical coverage, education and in many cases, a place to live and food to eat as we struggle to care for our own families.

Average American citizens are hurt directly by this unbelievable situation supported by our government beginning with Ronald Reagan (he amnestied the first illegals by the millions) and continuing through H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton and until, under George W. Bush, we have been almost overrun.

Do our corporate world leaders and their store-bought politicians aim to make a Third World country of the USA?

I should point out right here that West Virginia senators, Byrd and Rockefeller, and congressional delegation, Rahall, Mollohan and Capito did not and do not support McCain, Kennedy and the Bushs’ immigration reform. They voted against all the Bush efforts to pass the bill.

John McCain brags about being a “free trader.” Ex-Senator Gram (R-Texas) expressed exactly what George Bush and his administration thinks when Gram said we have a mental recession and are whining about it. (By the way, we have Gram to thank for deregulation, which certainly added tremendously to the present economic mess).

These people have no clue how the rest of us live. They believe we are whining. They have no compassion or understanding of lost jobs, no money to buy gas (from them) or food for our kids, to say nothing of health insurance and college. They cannot imagine living hand to mouth.

Watch John McCain talk about “free trade”. He absolutely doesn’t grasp the reality of devastation to a community whose main industry moved to China. He promises job “retraining”. We have to assume he means training to be a Wal-Mart greeter. Certainly no displaced steel worker at 45-50 is going to compete successfully with some young Asian immigrant for a high-paying computer or tech job.

McCain is the grandson and son of admirals. He graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy. He became a hero during Vietnam and married a beer distributor multimillion heiress after divorcing his disabled wife.

Wealthy now, Obama was not the son of wealthy people or career military folk. Growing up he lived a middle class life in Hawaii mostly with his white grandparents. By the way, he is not a Muslim. He is a Christian.

Obama went to Ivy League colleges on his own and has a distinguished scholastic record.

Obama is as wrong on illegal immigration as McCain. Both men support almost identical immigration reform, which, using different words, includes amnesty.

Obama disagrees with giving tax breaks to industries and businesses (Amen!) for moving overseas, but he has not offered a specific remedy.

That just isn’t good enough. We need to know what these people plan to do to correct our economic and foreign policy mess.

Consider killing American military by the thousands. Consider killing innocent Iraqis by the thousands. Consider spending billions this country needs for healthcare and infrastructure in a needless war. How on earth did our government, news media and us let this happen?

McCain is pro-war and says he would invade Iraq again. Obama is anti-war and wants out but not fast enough. At least Obama realizes the enemy is in Afghanistan.

Let’s face it folks. When this country elected George Bush, not once but twice, and nominated these candidates for president, voters were asleep at the wheel or just not paying attention. What a choice.

Emilie A. Holroyd is a resident of Princeton, WV

http://www.bdtonline.com/letters/local_story_205161655.html

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 02:20:43 PM »

July 28, 2008 at 12:44:54

Why I Can't Support Barack Obama

by Joshua Frank

Four years ago, as the sentiment against George W. Bush’s administration mounted, the entire left-wing spectrum hung on tight to the coattails of John Kerry, grasping for dear life. Critics called it the “Anybody but Bush” syndrome, but it should have been more aptly coined “Nobody but Kerry.”

Virtually every progressive cause, from labor to the environment, had been co-opted by a mindset that would have ensured more of the same. There was no pressure put on Kerry to change, and he didn’t. As a result, the antiwar movement collapsed, with no demonstrations and a strict allegiance to the Democrat’s pro-war campaign. (snip)

Today we find our political climate in a similar state of shock. Call it the “Nobody but Obama” epidemic. Senator Barack Obama has now sealed up the Democratic nomination, and the usual suspects, from MoveOn.org to Progressive Democrats for America, are falling in line.
(snip)

After eight dreadfully long years of Bush, it is to be expected that a lot of voters would support any Democrat if it meant kicking the wretched Republicans out of the White House. Obama’s message of “change” has certainly resonated well. But underlying his rhetoric is a brilliant public relations campaign, orchestrated by DC insiders, that is void of any real substance.

In 2006, the Democrats were ushered in to Congress with the expectation that they would end the war in Iraq. Democratic campaigns across the nation exploited the popular anti-Bush sentiment, promising that real “change” was on the horizon.
(snip)

Two years later, we have nothing to show for it. The Democrats have controlled both houses of Congress, yet have rubber stamped virtually every Iraq war spending bill that has come down the pipeline — ensuring the bloodbath will continue for years to come. All major Democrats have echoed the Bush line on Iran, promising a military confrontation if the country does not cease its nuclear experimentation. By and large, Bush’s backward Middle East foreign policy has not been met any real opposition from the Hill.

Like the majority of his colleagues, Obama has done very little to change the face of American politics. He has voted for war spending, appeased the pro-Israel lobby, and helped build the erroneous case against Iran, saying nothing about Israel’s plentiful arsenal of nuclear warheads. In short, Barack Obama is not an ally to those of us who oppose the ambiguous War on Terror.
(snip)

Obama supports the death penalty, illegal wiretapping, opposes single-payer health care, supports nuclear energy, opposes a carbon pollution tax, supports the Cuba embargo, and will not end the vast array of federal subsidies to corporations, including those to the oil and gas cartel.

And as the United States economy slides into a deep recession, Barack Obama is promising more of the same, despite his criticism of John McCain’s economic plan. But behind the curtains of Obama’s strategy team is the same set of economic troglodyte intellectuals that led us in to our current financial disaster.
(snip)

Perhaps all of these issues are aiding the independent candidacy of Ralph Nader, who is consistently polling above 5% nationwide. This, despite a virtual media blackout and very little support among progressives.

Nader still faces many hurdles, from ballot access to fundraising, yet his support is higher at this point than it was at a similar stage during his 2000 Green Party bid. I still believe that if Nader wanted to put real pressure on Obama and the Democrats this year he would focus his finite resources and energy on the states that matter most: Ohio and Florida.

All in all, progressives and others working to bring about real change in this country, ought to escape from under the dark “Nobody but Obama” cloud that hovers above. For his campaign, when it comes to the most pressing issues of the day, does not represent “change” and “hope” anymore than Senator McCain’s.

read the whole article here -
http://www.opednews.com/articles/1/Why-I-Can-t-Support-Barack-by-Joshua-Frank-080728-181.html

Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 07:21:29 PM »

Voting "no" on Election Day would ensure Obama's election. I don't think for a minute that African-Americans will  do that.   McCain is the lesser of two evils, (not that I believe that Sen. McCain is "evil".  He would not be my choice for the Republican ticket.....but that is the way it is, and he is is not dangerous to the security of our country...as I believe that Obama is, and is a phoney.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 12:53:41 AM »

I've lived long enough to know that sometimes people surprise you. I'm more optimistic about surprises from McCain than I am about surprises from Obama. At their core, I don't think there is even a comparison between the character of these two candidates. If character is all that's left to judge them on and to predict the direction they would go in dire circumstances, I know whose hands I would want this country in.

I will vote for McCain.
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 03:44:33 PM »

I'm with you, CCCB!!   I don't know who this Farah is, but his idea is totally illogical! 

Does he wish for the UNITED STATES to be without a Presaident, ( which we all know would not be true, Obama would should get almost every African-American in America to vote for him, nobody to vote for McCain ( which Republicans and Conservatives would be totally out of their minds, to do) )

McCain is an American, a patriot, served, in the Military, is a war hero and was a prisoner of war...We KNOW about this man, Obama we KNOW his backround, his experience and his ROOTS......We know NOTHING, about this man called Obama.....who is a very small percentage of African....he is half Causian, about 6% African and the REST of the Story and his lineage is Arab, folks,   you consider THAT!!!!
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 04:04:08 PM »

INNOCENT IRAQUIS????   What about INNOCENT Americans?????   Those murdered on 9/11????    Oh, but they don't matter????   Because that is not our guilt??   

What Americans will need Health Care when the AlQueda takes over and kills all who do not follow Islam?   And do not think for one moment that is Jingoism or exaggeration,...It happened in Persia (Iran) Iraq, Afganistan...anywhere the Arabs have taken over....

Dead people don't require Health Care......National Security  is my first priority.......and until April 2009, I do NOT have any Heath Care.  I fear more for the future of my children, grandchildren and our GREAT AMERICAN COUNTRY!!!

By the way, from now on I am referring to myself as a French-Irish-American...what's appropriate for one group, is good for Another!!!!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.