April 24, 2024, 12:25:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GOP Launches a Docu-Parody of Obama in Berlin  (Read 1330 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: July 29, 2008, 06:21:40 PM »

July 29, 2008, 6:00 pm

GOP Launches a Docu-Parody of Obama in Berlin

Amy Chozick reports on the presidential race.

Late-night comedians have been having a hard time coming up with jokes to effectively mock Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama. Maybe they should take a cue from the Republicans.

On Tuesday the Republican National Committee launched “Obama TV Ad in Berlin,” an Internet video designed to parody Obama’s popularity among hip young Germans in the capital city.

Techno music blares as Berliners with asymmetrical bangs and chunky 1980s style sunglasses tell an interviewer why they love Obama. “Obama is an inspiration to us all,” a young man says in a thick German accent.

A picture of Baywatch star David Hasselhoff in his bathing suit flashes across the screen. (Hasselhoff, who now has a singing career, is also hugely popular in Germany.)

“Obama is an inspiration to us all. You can feel the love,” a German hipster says.

Another Berliner speaking with an almost undecipherable accent compares Obama to Argentine revolutionary Ernesto “Che” Guevara because “both men will change” things.

“I have friends in America that are Marxist and they’re working for Obama,” a Berliner wearing a vintage T-shirt and a goatee beard tells the interviewer in the documentary-style video.

The parody intersperses tidbits from Obama’s speech in Berlin last week that attracted global attention and a crowd of 200,000. “The people of Berlin have spoken,” the Democrat says amid rave music.

Looking to steal some of the media attention from the Berlin speech, the RNC sent its own film crew to the rally.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/07/29/gop-launches-a-docu-parody-of-obama-in-berlin/

Youtube video -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Haay-y4E6pA&eurl

I find it hard to believe the GOP is responsible for this 

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.