March 28, 2024, 10:03:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Country-great-lynn-anderson-dies-at-67  (Read 1517 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: August 02, 2015, 07:09:45 AM »

http://www.musicrow.com/2015/07/country-great-lynn-anderson-dies-at-67/

snip
The multi-award-winning American country music singer is known for a string of hits throughout the 1970s and 1980s, most notably her country-pop hit “(I Never Promised You a) Rose Garden.” Anderson became one of the most successful country singers of the ’70s.

NSAI Executive Director Bart Herbison shares, “Losing Lynn Anderson is a personal loss to the Nashville Songwriters Association (NSAI). Lynn was family. Her parents, Casey Anderson and the late Liz Anderson, were two of NSAI’s founding members. Her parents were given the Stephen Foster Award by NSAI in February this year, where Lynn performed. We will truly miss her.”

Anderson was also named Top Female Vocalist by the Academy of Country Music (ACM) twice, and Female Vocalist of the Year by the Country Music Association (CMA).

Ms. Anderson most recently released a gospel album Bridges on Center Sound Records. Liz Anderson’s song “My Guardian Angel,” published by her father Casey, is featured on the album.

One of the keys to Lynn’s success was that she always made her fans a priority. Since the inaugural year of Fan Fair (now CMA Music Festival) in 1972, Lynn has only missed one year due to illness as she greatly valued the direct connection to her devoted and loving fans at that event.

Her success in the equestrian community was equally as monumental as her music career winning 16 National Championships and four world championships across the American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA) and National Cutting Horse Association (NCHA).

For twenty years, she has worked with both the Roundup for Autism and the Cariety Foundation, an organization supporting families of cancer patients. Other notable contributions were made to the Mary Kay Ash Foundation, The North American Riders for the Handicapped Association and military support organizations.

Services: Funeral services will be held at Woodlawn-Roesch-Patton Funeral Home & Memorial Park. Details are pending.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.