April 26, 2024, 09:04:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This totally disgusts me!  (Read 4170 times)
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« on: August 01, 2008, 11:08:05 PM »

Obama The Patriot - Removes American Flag From His Plane

The Patriot Room
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 8:11:07 AM by Bill Dupray

Barack Obama recently finished a $500,000 total overhaul of his 757. And as part of the new design, he decided to remove the American flag from the tail...

What American running for President of the United States would remove the symbol of his country? And worse, he replaced the flag with it with a symbol of himself... Obama is such a despicable human being.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 10:04:13 AM »

he had to remove it because it was a trademarked logo of North American Airlines.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/airplane.asp

but feel free to be disgusted about it.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 03:26:06 AM »

he had to remove it because it was a trademarked logo of North American Airlines.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/airplane.asp

but feel free to be disgusted about it.

I've read the article sited in the link posted and have not found where the Obama campaign was compelled to re-paint the plane due to trademark issues. It does mention the removal of flag images which are trademarks of North American Airlines, but does not say they were required to remove them. In any event, I think the reason that the new paint job has been controversial is because the Obama signia has repalced where the American Flag was before it was repainted. This is not the first time the Obama campaign has chosen to use their campaign symbols as a replacement for American ones, and many people are offended by it. Count me in as one.

Obama campaign drops seal on podium

(AP Photo/Alex Brandon)
Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill. speaks during a meeting of Democratic governors, Friday, June 20, 2008, at the Chicago History Museum in Chicago Friday Bill Sammon, The Examiner
2008-06-23 21:11:00.0

WASHINGTON -
After days of media mockery, Barack Obama has decided to stop using a presidential-looking seal that his campaign designed and affixed to his podium on Friday.

Journalists said the seal, which features an eagle clutching arrows and an olive branch, smacks of arrogance. John McCain's camp had a field day, calling the seal “laughable, ridiculous, preposterous and revealing - all at the same time.”

The seal was conspicuously missing from Obama's lectern when he spoke to a group of women in Albuquerque on Monday. Not surprising, given how much grief Obama took from a normally laudatory press corps after unveiling the seal at an appearance in Chicago on Friday.

“What a bizarre and dumb idea,” railed NBC political director Chuck Todd. “It really feeds the arrogance narrative.”

The oversized blue seal was emblazoned with the Latin phrase “Vero Possumus,” which roughly translates into “yes, we can.” It also featured a plug for the candidate's website.

“The Audacity of Hype,” cracked ABC's Jake Tapper. “No word on whether they played a remix of 'Hail to the Chief' as Obama walked in.”

Andrew Malcolm of the Los Angeles Times observed that Obama “has decided not to wait for any of the formalities like a presidential election, an inauguration or even a nomination, which he still hasn't actually officially won yet.”

Marc Ambinder of the Atlantic magazine was the first to note that Obama would deep-six the seal.

“I'm told that Obama recognizes that it was a silly mistake,” Ambinder said. “Does the press think Obama is arrogant? Yes.”

Larry Sabato, director of the University of Virginia's Center for Politics, said the episode reinforces this media perception of Obama.

“The press corps adopts a subtext for each candidate,” Sabato told The Examiner. “Daddy Bush was 'a nice guy but out of touch.' Bill Clinton was 'smart but randy.' Bob Dole was 'heroic but too old.' Gore was 'brilliant but a fibber and a bore.' Dubya was 'pleasant but dumb.'”

He added: “Obama's subtext is rapidly becoming 'charismatic but arrogant.'”

The Obama campaign declined to comment.

bsammon@dcexaminer.com

Examiner 

http://www.examiner.com/a-1455131~Obama_campaign_drops_seal_on_podium.html
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 04:18:02 PM »

Thanks CBB. I have an email from a major airline executive validating that this wasn't a logo issue, he also stated that anyone who believes an airline exec or airlines communications director confirmed that to Snopes is smoking something mighty good 

I continue to stand with the girl.
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 05:30:02 PM »

the McCain plane even lacks the red-white-blue colors. 

Edited to fix photo link

it's encouraging to see Obama being attacked for such petty details.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 12:38:53 AM by klaasend » Logged

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 08:22:07 AM »

I suspect McCain's camp is more concerned with what he speaks and not what he paints on the tail of aircraft.

One more example of the major differences between the two candidates - Obama is flash, McCain is trying to advance substance.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 12:30:41 PM »

Interesting but significant footnote:

On researching McCain's campaign plane, it appears he uses his wife's corporate plane in order to cut costs and leases a plane from Jet Blue most often when he must use another plane?

Here is a photo of his campaign bus, I believe the american flag is the largest symbol on the bus !!!

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.