April 19, 2024, 04:29:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Foreign Influences in US Elections - Discussion  (Read 1792 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: August 05, 2008, 01:45:02 PM »

There are two items that I feel need discussion at a national level.

The first is campaign financing.  How much do foreign entities/people/governments influence US campaigns by providing money and other forms of contributions? 

How would any campaign watchdog group be able to audit expenses for appearances in other counties?  How could anyone keep track of foreign bank accounts, expenses, and contributions?

Should all candidates be limited to public funding?  I'm thinking this is a good idea.  Work on the grass roots support for political office hopefuls.

The second is absentee ballot voting.  I see big opportunities for vote selling/buying and fraud.  In my mind, this is an opportunity for some, and a shame for the rest of us.  It's a lot easier to sell your vote when you hand over an empty ballot for someone else to fill in.  What is the going rate for a vote?

How do you keep the dead off the absentee voter ballots?  IIRC, there are always questions about Social Security and other checks going to foreign countries or bank accounts - no proof that these people are still alive, and they are well past the average life expectancy.

I also think that people should show identification in order to vote.  To easy to drive from polling place to polling place, or from one city to another.  Who knows how many times a day people vote.  Maybe asking for fingerprints/scans is an idea for todays challenges.

I think people have a responsibility to go and vote.  One person = one vote.  Show up at the polls and be counted.  Perhaps a proctored vote is one options. 

I see big scams / fraud in the future of U.S. elections.  The future starts today. 

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 09:22:23 PM »

Great discussion topic!  I totally agree with you on both.  I just read today that we do know that Pakistan did donate 100's of thousands of dollars to Obama and I'm sure that is only the tip of the iceburg.    Of course some Middle East countries want Obama to win.   But they have no business in our politics, either for Dems or Reps.   It also, puts to question the integrity of ones campaign, such as what country is paying the most to buy the candidate, bringing question of corruption and fraud.  We ALL know there are unethical polititions on our own doorstep, so this will affect other elections in the furture as well. They are attempting to influence the election to there benefit, to our own detriment as long as long as we allow it.  Not only for security reasons, but economic conditions, the two biggest threats against us.

The same reasons reflect public funding and absentee ballots as well.  Unfortunately, "Money Talks".   Did you see the special on Hannity's America about Earmarks last sunday?   It showed specific cases of our own corrupt polititons, then throw in those countries who want to take us down and will pay anything to do it.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.