April 27, 2024, 02:45:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Michelle Rawls, 36 missing from Wichita, Kansas 7/22/06 (REMAINS FOUND 9/8/08)  (Read 4947 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: September 09, 2008, 06:41:38 PM »

Not in our database, but wanted to post this....

ORIGINAL MISSING REPORT FROM TES>>>>
Michelle Rawls, 36 years old, was last seen at her home in the 1100 block of E Scott Ave in Wichita, Kansas, on July 22, 2006, packing her belongings to move back to Texas. She never arrived and her vehicle was found still parked in front of her house. Michelle was the key witness in a case against her boyfriend; those charges have since been dropped. It is unknown what she was last seen wearing.
http://www.texasequusearch.org/missingpersonsbulletins.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sources: Police recover remains of woman missing since 2006
The Sedgwick County District Attorney's office said this afternoon Wichita police had recovered remains thought to be Michelle Rawls, who has been missing since July 2006.

Rawls was 36 when she disappeared. She was last seen packing items from her house at 1125 E. Scott for a permanent move to Texas.

Deputy District Attorney Kevin O'Connor said police unearthed remains Monday, the same day Buddy Jones decided not to go to trial charged with Rawls' murder. Jones was placed on the bench trial docket to have his case heard before a judge.

O'Connor said the discovery marked an emotional moment for Rawls' family, who will finally get to bury her.

Sources close to the investigation say police found remains in three different areas in Wichita and Butler County.

Police said Rawls had rented a storage unit in the 2200 block of South Seneca, and the code holder last clocked out from the unit on the evening of July 22, 2006.

Authorities asked for the public's help in February 2007 in their search for a rug that was missing from Rawls' house. Family members had notified police that the 5-by-6-foot rug in her living room was missing.

Police think Rawls was attacked in the living room. A forensic examination of Rawls' house found blood and evidence of a struggle.

Buddy Jones was arrested in April 2007 and charged with one count of premeditated first-degree murder. Jones, 50, waived his right to a jury trial this week and agreed to a bench trial.

Sources said Jones led police to several locations in the Wichita area Monday.

Authorities are expected to hold a news conference later today to discuss the case.
http://www.kansas.com/topstories/story/523483.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.