April 27, 2024, 09:49:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #521 9/7 - 9/9/2006  (Read 110933 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #140 on: September 08, 2006, 12:58:33 AM »

ohhhhh Klaas, you sly one, I think I get your hint of things to come...

Bearley, I'm sorry you're in pain, late nights are tough for me but thankfully not due to physical pain. Everything ok?

Tyler, I do not envy your current hullabaloo, poor you.

I continue to stand with the girl.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #141 on: September 08, 2006, 12:58:41 AM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
jewish? that is odd, simply for Aruba and Oduber particularly, nearly force-feeds only one religion. In the bruhaha regarding gay marriage being banned in Aruba, Oduber detailed the predominate religion being Catholicism as the driving force behind that ban.

Is there a temple on the island?

http://www.ujcl.org/aruba.html Laughing

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #142 on: September 08, 2006, 12:59:30 AM »

jewish? that is odd, simply for Aruba and Oduber particularly, nearly force-feeds only one religion. In the bruhaha regarding gay marriage being banned in Aruba, Oduber detailed the predominate religion being Catholicism as the driving force behind that ban.

My understanding is that relative to the US, the Jewish population is pretty much the same.  Don't forget SCUBAJAP.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #143 on: September 08, 2006, 01:00:39 AM »

I thought they worshipped at the temple of the golden moola.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #144 on: September 08, 2006, 01:01:42 AM »

Thank you Klaas, I'm using mr none's super lappy and the security controls blew me off IE when I tried to go to that link  Laughing you think he's doing this and laughing down at me?

I had to sign back in all over again!

tyler, guess I learned something new today...

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #145 on: September 08, 2006, 01:03:56 AM »

ohhhhh Klaas, you sly one, I think I get your hint of things to come...

Bearley, I'm sorry you're in pain, late nights are tough for me but thankfully not due to physical pain. Everything ok?

Tyler, I do not envy your current hullabaloo, poor you.

Yes, I will be fine.

I would so much rather physical pain than the pain you are going through, None.

Tyler, you have gone through so much, you are an inspiration.  The energizer bunny has nothing on you.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: September 08, 2006, 01:05:46 AM »

Quote from: "Bearlyhere"

I thought they worshipped at the temple of the golden moola.

I meant some of the Aruban population, not any one particular religion.

I believe in miracles!
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #147 on: September 08, 2006, 01:06:15 AM »

Oh, we all have our own "thorns," in our sides, each and everyone of us.  They are all different, but in the one who has the thorn, it's major.  I was reading Peaches' post about her toothache and thinking how much she has to endure.  She is a prize.  All the monkeys are.

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #148 on: September 08, 2006, 01:06:30 AM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Good to see you all here.  Bearly is a great thinker.  Rather modest about it, but comes up with some real zingers.  Where is Lala's mom?  

None, I am sorry you cannot sleep but you are not alone, just different reasons. Wink   My house decorating is causing insomnia, swollen legs and a lot of bickering.

Hey Tyler!!! had to log on to say hello to you and None!!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #149 on: September 08, 2006, 01:08:02 AM »

Hi LDSTLOU, how are you.

Someone telling me about the outing of Scoop and then I will tell you how I knew long ago that Bon Dia was Julia Renfro, or maybe now I do not have to tell you.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #150 on: September 08, 2006, 01:08:22 AM »

Thank you Klaas, I'm using mr none's super lappy and the security controls blew me off IE when I tried to go to that link  Laughing you think he's doing this and laughing down at me?

I had to sign back in all over again!

tyler, guess I learned something new today...

Profile of the Jewish Community of Aruba Today
 The Jewish Community of Aruba (Israelitische Gemeente) shares, since 1962, Beth Israel Synagogue as their place of worship, and cares for their small cemetery on Petronia St., as well as for the old one, nearby.

The community received official recognition by the Dutch Kingdom on Dec. 1st., 1956, and Beth Israel Synagogue was inaugurated on Nov. 4, 1962 (Cheshvan 8, 5723.)

The community consists mostly of Jewish immigrants that arrived in Aruba from different parts of the world in the early 20’s, and made it their home. After 1924, a large group of Eastern European Jews, mostly from Poland, settled here, together with Jews from Holland and Sephardic families from the previously Dutch colony of Surinam (South America.)

The community opened a Jewish center on Palm Beach in 1942 – the Jewish Country Club – and, four years later, with the arrival of some Holocaust survivors, the community was officially organized. This country club, no longer existent, was an important community center in which life-cycle events, such as weddings and bar mitzvahs, took place. It was also used for Purim parties, youth activities, and more. However, when most young Jews had to leave the island in order to pursue their college education in the 60’s, and quite a number of them established their homes in the U.S.A. or in Holland, the club was slowly abandoned.

Today, the Jewish community has about 85 members, and 150 Overseas Members.

Due to its small size, and the intimate, close knit nature of the community, one joint organization was formed, blending the Sephardic with the Ashkenazic traditions, respecting their common culture, and enjoying the differences.

The Jewish Community of Aruba publishes a monthly newsletter, Chadashot Beth Israel , that is mailed to local and overseas members. It portrays significant events in the life of the community, and connects all members.

Rev. Cantor Irving N. Spenadel (ledaneps@aol.com), from Merrick, NY, was the spiritual leader of the community from February 1999 until July 2002. On this date he left Aruba to assume a new position as Cantor of a Massachusetts, U.S.A. synagogue. During his stay here he was in charge of leading religious services and providing non-formal Jewish education for the youth. He initiated a program of Adult Jewish Education which was geared to unaffiliated Jews on the island, and interfaith couples where the non-Jewish partner decided to embrace Judaism. Rev. Cantor Spenadel also performed at life-cycle events for Jewish visitors to Aruba who wished to celebrate them on the island.
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #151 on: September 08, 2006, 01:08:30 AM »

Oh, we all have our own "thorns," in our sides, each and everyone of us.  They are all different, but in the one who has the thorn, it's major.  I was reading Peaches' post about her toothache and thinking how much she has to endure.  She is a prize.  All the monkeys are.

Speaking of prize Monnkeys..Suunyntexas is coming for a visit and we are meeting up Saturday! I am just too excited!!

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #152 on: September 08, 2006, 01:10:32 AM »

Hi LDSTLOU, how are you.

Someone telling me about the outing of Scoop and then I will tell you how I knew long ago that Bon Dia was Julia Renfro, or maybe now I do not have to tell you.

Doing great!! Meeting 2 monkeys this weekend and then next month heading to Ohio and will hook up with Dihannah!!

Also getting "cautiously optimisic" about Larry's comments today!!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #153 on: September 08, 2006, 01:11:02 AM »

Quote from: "ldstlou"
Good to see you all here.  Bearly is a great thinker.  Rather modest about it, but comes up with some real zingers.  Where is Lala's mom?  

None, I am sorry you cannot sleep but you are not alone, just different reasons. Wink   My house decorating is causing insomnia, swollen legs and a lot of bickering.

Hey Tyler!!! had to log on to say hello to you and None!!!

Hi ldstlou.  I'm glad you came in for a visit.

I believe in miracles!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #154 on: September 08, 2006, 01:11:21 AM »

ldstlou-

Good to see you too, you should have tons of fun with Sunny, you'll have to report back for it will make us smile.

tyler, I tell peaches she's so strong and so brave. Unless you've seen what they put cancer patients through, you just cannot imagine, it's the endurance test of a lifetime.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #155 on: September 08, 2006, 01:11:29 AM »

Sunny coming for a visit.  Now that is exciting.  That would be fun to meet Sunny.

Is Dompig in medical school yet , or is he going to be the subject of a medical school if he is the one dispensing the information for a book, maybe, to Garrison.

KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #156 on: September 08, 2006, 01:13:35 AM »

Quote from: "ldstlou"

Speaking of prize Monnkeys..Suunyntexas is coming for a visit and we are meeting up Saturday! I am just too excited!!

Oh that's so cool, ldstlou!  And hi again, everyone...  And sorry, I think  Very Happy that you're working so hard, Klaas ~ but I'm sure it's a good one!

We Remember Natalee Bumper Stickers ~ Prayers for Natalee and her family
http://graphicemotion.com/TES_Bumper_Stickers.pdf
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #157 on: September 08, 2006, 01:14:08 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "klaasend"
LOL Bearley, I should be, shouldn't I?

Is Klaas doing her lesson plan for tomorrow? Maybe I need to bring an apple when I visit late night so I can see the "teach"  Wink

Working on another SM project  Wink

A 14 page project  Shocked

I can't wait!! Is it some REALLY good stuff!!?? Wish I had half of your energy!!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #158 on: September 08, 2006, 01:14:14 AM »

Klaas,

Do you suppose with only 85 members that they have only one local rabbi now?

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #159 on: September 08, 2006, 01:15:41 AM »

Scubajap has a young son, about 20.  Do you think he and the Dompig kid are friends.  Just wondering. Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.