April 27, 2024, 10:37:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #521 9/7 - 9/9/2006  (Read 110937 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #220 on: September 08, 2006, 01:59:37 AM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
Klaas-

I just set up mobile AIM for myself, emailed you about it since I know my IM's freeze you up I don't dare do that with the important work you're doing. So if you see that mobile icon next to my screen showing up, can you send me an IM?

I"m going to head to bed folks, take care everyone and be safe and happy.

Nite, None, monkey kisses for you!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #221 on: September 08, 2006, 02:00:26 AM »

Quote from: "ldstlou"

Katz...I am still down 22lbs and holding..going back on diet Monday to get last 20 lbs off. Starting Yoga too next week..boyfriend and I are going to start ballroom dancing..years ago I used to be great!! So glad you are having so much fun!! AND getting skinny!!

Congratulations, ldstlou!!!!  And have way so much fun with that ballroom dancing!!!

We Remember Natalee Bumper Stickers ~ Prayers for Natalee and her family
http://graphicemotion.com/TES_Bumper_Stickers.pdf
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #222 on: September 08, 2006, 02:00:41 AM »

Quote from: "Shell"
Quote from: "casa"
I think it is funny that some people don't post for a while and we fall all over ourselves welcoming them back when they return.  Others don't post for a while and we could care less and mostly don't have anything to say to them.  Some people post here and no matter what they say we answer, others post and no one bothers to acknowledge they are here. We don't say hello, good to see you or thanks for posting. Nothing!  We just might as well be ignoring them.

Hi Casa, I choose to live with it. I admire the fact you spoke your mind. Well said.

Thanks, Shell, I didnt mean to be ugly just posting an observation.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #223 on: September 08, 2006, 02:01:13 AM »

Klaas-

I just set up mobile AIM for myself, emailed you about it since I know my IM's freeze you up I don't dare do that with the important work you're doing. So if you see that mobile icon next to my screen showing up, can you send me an IM?

The profile only had your normal email address  but has this down at the bottom the message:

Very Happy

--

Mobile Email from a Cingular Wireless Customer http://www.cingular.com
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #224 on: September 08, 2006, 02:01:28 AM »

Quote from: "AZLady"
Quote from: "Tylergal"
Evening, Monkey friends.  I need to read back and catch up, but wanted to jump in first to say hi before everyone went to bed on me!  HI!

Hi, my friend.  I am glad to see you.  How is school going?  You know Klaas and I are trying our hands at teaching as well.  Well, Klaas has real students.  Mine was only a 2-hour, one-time class, by design but had it not been, it might have turned out as such.  My students let me know they can "walk on water." Laughing   No, just joking.  It was a great class, quick learners and I thought it was a lot of fun, although there is a lot of preparation for teaching on line.

I read Klaas was teaching online--and now you, too!  I'm so proud of you both!  Yes, it does take a lot of prep to teach online, doesn't it?  I love my online classes even more than my face-to-face ones, but don't tell them!   Laughing   I've been so very busy, but just arrived back in town last night from the Oregon coast.  That must be close to God's country as it is just a beautiful place.  There's one of the nice things about teaching online--you can take your lappy with you and work all the time!

Just heard a story on NPR radio yesturday about the online degrees!! Great going!! Would LOVE!! to get a teaching degree online...would LOVE to be a teacher...but no time to go back to school.

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #225 on: September 08, 2006, 02:01:52 AM »

Klaas-

Good night, None ~ hugs and lots of love!

We Remember Natalee Bumper Stickers ~ Prayers for Natalee and her family
http://graphicemotion.com/TES_Bumper_Stickers.pdf
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #226 on: September 08, 2006, 02:02:15 AM »

I think it is funny that some people don't post for a while and we fall all over ourselves welcoming them back when they return.  Others don't post for a while and we could care less and mostly don't have anything to say to them.  Some people post here and no matter what they say we answer, others post and no one bothers to acknowledge they are here. We don't say hello, good to see you or thanks for posting. Nothing!  We just might as well be ignoring them.

Hi Casa, I choose to live with it. I admire the fact you spoke your mind. Well said.

I often get ignored myself  Wink
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #227 on: September 08, 2006, 02:02:57 AM »

Whenever I login nowadays, it seems I have too many posts to read and catch up on.  I need to try to get in here more often.  Casa, the board seems to me like a big social gathering where people wander in and out, some staying and some just passing through.  There are side chats in every corner and a few people on their soapboxes.  I just kind of wander around and eavesdrop on the little conversational threads, ocasionally throwing in a comment or two.  Some nights I am loquacious and bring out my own soap box, but I haven't had that urge in a while.  Slow news and even slower typing fingers!  I like the haphazard kind of conversation that I can jump into and out of when I want to go get a drink or read an email.  I guess this place is just very comfortable to me!   Wink

BRING NATALEE HOME
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #228 on: September 08, 2006, 02:03:00 AM »

Evening, Monkey friends.  I need to read back and catch up, but wanted to jump in first to say hi before everyone went to bed on me!  HI!

Hi, my friend.  I am glad to see you.  How is school going?  You know Klaas and I are trying our hands at teaching as well.  Well, Klaas has real students.  Mine was only a 2-hour, one-time class, by design but had it not been, it might have turned out as such.  My students let me know they can "walk on water." Laughing   No, just joking.  It was a great class, quick learners and I thought it was a lot of fun, although there is a lot of preparation for teaching on line.

I read Klaas was teaching online--and now you, too!  I'm so proud of you both!  Yes, it does take a lot of prep to teach online, doesn't it?  I love my online classes even more than my face-to-face ones, but don't tell them!   Laughing   I've been so very busy, but just arrived back in town last night from the Oregon coast.  That must be close to God's country as it is just a beautiful place.  There's one of the nice things about teaching online--you can take your lappy with you and work all the time!

Just heard a story on NPR radio yesturday about the online degrees!! Great going!! Would LOVE!! to get a teaching degree online...would LOVE to be a teacher...but no time to go back to school.

This is my 30th year to teach and it is not what it used to be and I really don't think the colleges prepare the students for what they will face when they are out and actually teaching.
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #229 on: September 08, 2006, 02:03:22 AM »

Quote from: "KatzHome"

Katz...I am still down 22lbs and holding..going back on diet Monday to get last 20 lbs off. Starting Yoga too next week..boyfriend and I are going to start ballroom dancing..years ago I used to be great!! So glad you are having so much fun!! AND getting skinny!!

Congratulations, ldstlou!!!!  And have way so much fun with that ballroom dancing!!!

Thanks Sweetie!! Told him I have learned couples that dance together..usually stay happy together for a long long time!! Think I will have to be the lead at 1st though!! lol

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #230 on: September 08, 2006, 02:04:38 AM »

Night, None.  Good to see you again.  We'll have to talk someday.  Smoochies.

BRING NATALEE HOME
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #231 on: September 08, 2006, 02:05:27 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

lol!! too funny Klaas!! So good to be in the cage again!! Missed you all!! Looking forward to Klaas's 14 pager AND some BREAKTHROUGHS!!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #232 on: September 08, 2006, 02:05:39 AM »

Klaas, I have to laugh at that, I have seen people ask if you are around and you have been posting and are very much around.

Hi casa and Shell.

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #233 on: September 08, 2006, 02:06:17 AM »

Nite all, I'm falling asleep at the keyboard.  Seems as though 5 hours sleep isn't enough for me, lol
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #234 on: September 08, 2006, 02:06:58 AM »

This is my 30th year to teach and it is not what it used to be and I really don't think the colleges prepare the students for what they will face when they are out and actually teaching.

Had a sad thought on that one...maybe it's the students!! Why do a--holes like Joran get to go and Natalee didn't.

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #235 on: September 08, 2006, 02:07:00 AM »

Casa, colleges do seem to be heavy on the theory and light on the practical experience, don't they?  I do believe I learned more on the job from my great mentors than I did in the institution.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #236 on: September 08, 2006, 02:07:07 AM »

Whenever I login nowadays, it seems I have too many posts to read and catch up on.  I need to try to get in here more often.  Casa, the board seems to me like a big social gathering where people wander in and out, some staying and some just passing through.  There are side chats in every corner and a few people on their soapboxes.  I just kind of wander around and eavesdrop on the little conversational threads, ocasionally throwing in a comment or two.  Some nights I am loquacious and bring out my own soap box, but I haven't had that urge in a while.  Slow news and even slower typing fingers!  I like the haphazard kind of conversation that I can jump into and out of when I want to go get a drink or read an email.  I guess this place is just very comfortable to me!   Wink

Hi AZlady!

I believe in miracles!
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #237 on: September 08, 2006, 02:08:05 AM »

Nite all, I'm falling asleep at the keyboard.  Seems as though 5 hours sleep  enough for me, lol

Night Klaas...if I fall asleep now..I will get a whopping 4 hours..but still not tired yet!! I need 14 pages to work on to put me to sleep!!

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #238 on: September 08, 2006, 02:08:29 AM »

But, come to think of it, most jobs are like that, aren't they?  College gives us background and other skills, but we all have to learn the nitty-gritty on the job.

BRING NATALEE HOME
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #239 on: September 08, 2006, 02:08:55 AM »

Nite all, I'm falling asleep at the keyboard.  Seems as though 5 hours sleep  enough for me, lol

Night Klaas...if I fall asleep now..I will get a whopping 4 hours..but still not tired yet!! I need 14 pages to work on to put me to sleep!!

Laughing  Laughing Trust me, it works like a charm, lol  Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.