March 29, 2024, 04:08:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: email  (Read 4539 times)
tidycat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« on: September 07, 2006, 05:21:51 PM »

I'm not sure if anybody checks this thread anymore.  But I'll ask anyway.

I switched to Mozilla and Thunderbird from Netscape awhile back and all was fine.  Netscape and Mozilla are the same now I think.  Anyway, the Thunderbird email is good and the format had the new messaged listed and below it showed the message.  Suddenly yesterday it has the messages listed on one page and you have to click on the message to go to another page displaying the message.  We don't know how we got this and we don't like it.  Did we accidentally hit some "button" somewhere on the mail page that got us into this configuration?  My husband wouldn't know how to do it and neither do I so it must have been an accident.  Help!!  Please!

tidycat

Sigh.  I'll always be behind.
tidycat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 05:24:21 PM »

Well, this is interesting in itself.

I thought I just posted to the computer health thread and instead made a new thread... Question

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 05:54:31 PM »

Tidy.. .I don't know the answer... I just have my gmail account.. and it's pretty much the same all the time... I am sure that some smart monkey will reply with some help!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 08:03:48 PM »

Quote from: "tidycat"
I'm not sure if anybody checks this thread anymore.  But I'll ask anyway.

I switched to Mozilla and Thunderbird from Netscape awhile back and all was fine.  Netscape and Mozilla are the same now I think.  Anyway, the Thunderbird email is good and the format had the new messaged listed and below it showed the message.  Suddenly yesterday it has the messages listed on one page and you have to click on the message to go to another page displaying the message.  We don't know how we got this and we don't like it.  Did we accidentally hit some "button" somewhere on the mail page that got us into this configuration?  My husband wouldn't know how to do it and neither do I so it must have been an accident.  Help!!  Please!

tidycat

Yes you have hit a button.

There should be little dohickys to the side and bottom of your mail window that allow you to open and close window panes on the screen as you like them to be.
tidycat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 12:05:58 AM »

Well, it's pretty obvious I accidentally started this thread, and then abandoned it for a long time!  Thanks to Mrs. Red and Carnut for your replies!!  I have not been on the computer for awhile...we have had two very sick cats (lost both over a period of a week) and other stuff so I didn't spend any time here.  The mail problem is still strange, so I'll try looking at the dohickeys, thanks Carnut!

Mrsn2itiv
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 12:34:16 AM »

Sad   I am sorry to hear that Tidy.  {{{Hugs to you}}}

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.  RWE
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.