June 15, 2024, 04:24:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MEDIA REPORTS:No Discussion  (Read 294675 times)
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #300 on: November 06, 2008, 02:57:44 PM »

Partial Skeletal Remains Found In Woods
Bones Appear To Be From Human, Deputies Say

POSTED: 1:42 pm EST November 6, 2008

UPDATED: 1:47 pm EST November 6, 2008

DELTONA, Fla. -- Two teenagers discovered a skull and other human remains Thursday morning while walking in a wooded area in Deltona, sheriff's deputies said.

The remains were found about 150 yards into the woods off Alex Lane around 11:30 a.m., according to the Volusia County Sheriff's Office.

The remains appear to be that of an adult, deputies said.

Sheriff's investigators are gathering up the bones and searching for clothing, personal items or anything else that might provide clues to the identity of the victim and the cause of death.

The remains will be turned over to the Volusia County Medical Examiner's Office, which assist in the investigation.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

http://www.local6.com/news/17922352/detail.html

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #301 on: November 06, 2008, 03:21:10 PM »

Casey Anthony's Employment Information
November 6, 2008

http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photog...dexGallery.htm

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #302 on: November 06, 2008, 03:21:53 PM »

Casey Anthony partying at Fusian Ultra Lounge June 13, 2008
November 6, 2008

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #303 on: November 06, 2008, 03:22:26 PM »

Child Neglect Investigation
November 6, 2008

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #304 on: November 06, 2008, 03:23:41 PM »

Casey Anthony at Fusian Ultra Lounge June 13, 2008

http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/110608fusian/indexGallery.htm

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #305 on: November 06, 2008, 03:25:18 PM »

Investigation documents in the Casey Anthony case
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/110608anthonyinvestigationdocuments/indexGallery.htm
Forensic Evidence released in the case against Casey Anthony
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/110608forensicevidence/indexGallery.htm

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #306 on: November 06, 2008, 03:26:57 PM »

Taped transcript of George Anthony on August 4, 2008
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/110608georgeinterview080408/indexGallery.htm
Taped transcript of George Anthony on July 24, 2008
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/110608georgeanthony/indexGallery.htm

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #307 on: November 06, 2008, 03:27:54 PM »

Media reports about the Casey Anthony case

http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/110608anthonymediareports/indexGallery.htm

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #308 on: November 06, 2008, 03:49:57 PM »

George Anthony Told Investigators He Had "Bad Vibes"

Thursday, November 6, 2008 – updated: 3:17 pm EST November 6, 2008

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- New documents were released Thursday in the case against Casey Anthony that reveal what George and Cindy Anthony told investigators in the hours and days after Caylee Anthony was reported missing.

The State Attorney's Office released 500 pages of new documents in the case Thursday and they show that George Anthony told investigators he felt something was wrong from the very beginning. The documents focus a lot on interviews George and Cindy Anthony did with sheriff's deputies.

TEAM COVERAGE: New Documents In Casey Case
ARCHIVE: Read Previous Reports On Anthony Case

When sheriff's investigators questioned Casey's father George nine days after Caylee was reported missing, George told them he had "bad vibes" the very first day he got his car back and smelled the smell in the trunk, a smell, he said as a former law enforcement officer, he knows and would never forget.

Casey's father George told investigators, "I don't want to believe that I have, have raised someone and brought someone in this world that could do something to another person. I don't want to believe that."

George also told them, "I, I, I believe that there's someone dead back there and I hate to say the word human. Um, I hate to say that."

George told them, when he opened the trunk of the car, he said to himself, "Please don't let this be my Caylee."

George told investigators his daughter Casey lives on the edge, that she takes things as far as she can take them and then she piles on more. He said they caught her in lies about work and money and said she's really good with computers.

George also told sheriff's investigators that the very first night they found out Caylee was missing, Cindy told him, "We lost her. We lost her." When he asked who, she said "Caylee."

Casey spent the Tuesday through Saturday around the 4th of July with Amy Huizenga, her former best friend. She told Amy that Caylee was at the beach with the nanny and with Cindy, but no one's met the nanny.

Amy also told investigators that Casey made up a story that she saw Amy counting money while she was sound asleep. Amy later figured out that $400 was missing and never could find it.

Not only did Casey Anthony lie to her family, friends and investigators, George says she lied to her attorney Jose Baez. She told him she had $5,000, even though she didn't and then she told him that he'd get the rest after she gets out of the situation.

CINDY ANTHONY RELEASES STATEMENT

Cindy Anthony is reacting to defense attorneys' claims that her granddaughter may have died from an accidental overdose.

In a statement released Thursday, she wrote:

"I feel that a good attorney will plan for the worse case scenario and hope for the best. I know that Casey's attorneys know that she is innocent, but they cannot ignore how the media has already spun the facts and convicted her.

"Casey has been severely attacked by the media since she was first arrested, and anyone would be a fool to ignore that. All of the negative spin has done her an injustice. Just look at what it has done for poor Caylee. The media already has given up on looking for this child, when there is simply no credible or concrete evidence to prove that she is dead.

"The defense and the family will never give up on looking for Caylee. We continue to believe she is alive, and so should everyone else who has a conscience. I would ask anyone to ask themselves just how quick would they stop looking for someone that they loved?"

Casey Anthony's attorneys have claimed little Caylee was simply missing. But in a 30-page document to prosecutors, the defense argued if Caylee is dead then it was almost certainly an accident. The change may be a possible attempt to spare their client from the death penalty.

DEFENSE: IF CAYLEE'S DEAD IT WAS ACCIDENT

Publicly, Casey Anthony's defense team has always insisted that Caylee Anthony is alive, even after Casey was arrested and charged with her daughter Caylee's murder.

"We all believe she's alive," attorney Jose Baez said during a hearing at the Orange County Courthouse on Wednesday.

However, Eyewitness News has learned that, behind the scenes, the defense team sent 30 pages of documents to prosecutors. In those documents, Casey's lawyers argued that if Caylee is dead that it was "almost certainly a tragic accident."

The documents also said Caylee could've been poisoned by chloroform or she could have died while she was sedated. They said the cause of death could have been an unwitting overdose of a sedative.

The defense documents went on to describe Casey as troubled and possibly depressed. They said her behavior had been erratic ever since Caylee's birth and particularly in the months before the little girl's disappearance.

Also, the documents state that Casey's lack of emotion after Caylee's disappearance is proof that she is not normal and could possibly be suffering from mental or emotional stress.

The defense used those documents to argue that the death penalty is not an appropriate sentence in Casey's case, because she is young and she's never had a criminal record. However, the documents never mention Casey's story that a babysitter took Caylee and disappeared with her.

Eyewitness News also learned that dissention among the defense team may be behind the release of those documents. The death penalty-qualified attorney, who is helping Jose Baez, said he wanted Casey to be evaluated by a nationally-known psychologist who was involved in the Unabomber and the Elizabeth Smart cases. The attorney thinks Casey is mentally ill, but Eyewitness News learned Baez rejected his suggestion.

The latest development comes after Eyewitness News caught a major slip-up by Casey's defense team on national TV last month, when a spokesperson for her attorney admitted Caylee Anthony was dead.

"This is a very serious case involving not just the life of a little girl, but the loss of whatever is going to happen with Casey Anthony," said Black.

Jose Baez's spokesperson Todd Black made that statement during a phone interview with CNN.

Last week, Baez replaced Black on his defense team with another spokesperson.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17919607/detail.html?rss=orlc&psp=news#-
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 03:52:58 PM by Blonde » Logged

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #309 on: November 06, 2008, 04:19:18 PM »

Prosecutors: No Death Penalty For Casey Anthony
Source: Not Enough Aggravating Factors To Make Case[/color]

POSTED: 3:57 pm EST November 6, 2008

Prosecutors say they do not have enough evidence to seek the death penalty against Casey Anthony, who is accused of killing her daughter, Caylee, WESH 2 News learned on Thursday.

A source at the Orange-Osceola State Attorney’s Office told WESH 2 News reporter Bob Kealing on Thursday that prosecutors have decided there are not enough "aggravating factors" to pursue the death penalty.

A defense attorney sent prosecutors a report outlining why the state should not seek a death sentence against Casey Anthony, who faces trial on first-degree murder 

and other charges.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17923372/detail.html

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #310 on: November 06, 2008, 04:55:38 PM »

Casey Death Case Hard To Make At This Time
Aggravating Factors Required To Get Death Sentence

POSTED: 3:57 pm EST November 6, 2008

UPDATED: 4:47 pm EST November 6, 2008

Prosecutors say they don’t know if they have enough evidence to seek the death penalty against Casey Anthony, who is accused of killing her daughter, Caylee, WESH 2 News learned on Thursday.

A spokesman at the Orange-Osceola State Attorney’s Office told WESH 2 News reporter Bob Kealing on Thursday that prosecutors have not taken the death penalty off the table, because the case is still developing and they hope to find Caylee’s body.

A defense attorney sent prosecutors a report outlining why the state should not seek a death sentence against Casey Anthony, who faces trial on first-degree murder   

and other charges.

on the same day prosecutors released more than 500 pages of evidence against Casey Anthony. The documents include an investigator’s interview with her father, George, in which he says he confronted Casey Anthony about her daughter’s whereabouts three weeks before she was reported missing. Read more in Casey Anthony blog.

The stack of documents includes some previously released material, such as FBI reports about hair and air samples from Casey Anthony’s car that indicated human decomposition.

Casey Anthony is being held in Orange County Jail without bond. Her trial is scheduled to start in January.

Caylee Anthony has not been seen since June, and prosecutors face trying Anthony without a body.

There are various aggravating factors that are considered in Florida death penalty cases. These, according to the Death Penalty Information Center, include that the murder:

- Was heinous, atrocious, cruel, or depraved.

- Involved substantial planning and premeditation.

- Was committed without pretense of moral or legal justification.

- Was committed by a person with previous felonies, or happened while another felony was being committed.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17923372/detail.html

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #311 on: November 06, 2008, 05:44:17 PM »

STATE WANTS GAG ORDER FOR ANTHONY ATTORNEY

Prosecutors in the case against Casey filed a motion to "shut up" Jose Baez and the Anthony family (read motion).

The state attorney is asking for a gag order on several key players in the case, saying that attorney Jose Baez has "succumbed to the lure of the national spotlight" and frequently expresses his opinion about the case.

They also accuse the Anthony family of turning every opportunity to talk about Caylee into an attack on the prosecution.

A judge will consider the request on Monday.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17919607/detail.html#-

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #312 on: November 06, 2008, 07:48:40 PM »

Hundreds of pages of Discovery released

Last Edited: Thursday, 06 Nov 2008, 5:12 PM EST

Created: Thursday, 06 Nov 2008, 10:36 AM EST

Where's Caylee

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) -- The State Attorney's Office has released hundreds of additional documents related to the case against 22-year-old Casey Anthony  and her missing daughter Caylee .

The Discovery includes taped transcripts of interviews with Casey's former best friend, Amy Huzienga and her father, George Anthony.

Taped transcript of Amy Huzienga on July 16, 2008

In a sit down interview with the two men leading the investigation into Caylee's disappearance, George Anthony told detectives his daughters trunk smelled like there had been a dead body in there. He went on to ask them if they found something to let him know because he'd want to be the one to break the news to his wife Cindy and son Lee.
Taped transcript of George Anthony on July 24, 2008

Taped transcript of George Anthony on August 4, 2008

"Deep in my heart and my gut and my brain I know it…I don't want to think about that but I had bad vibes the very first day that I got that. I can be straight with you guys and that I hope it stays in the confines of us three.  I don't want to believe that I have raised someone and brought someone in this world that could do something to another person."

Forensic Evidence released in the case against Casey Anthony

George Anthony tells investigators what was going through his mind the day he went to the impound lot to pick up this white Pontia  his daughter Casey abandoned. The grandfather tells detectives he knows what a dead body smells like.

"I've been around that stuff I mean the law enforcement stuff, we caught people out in the woods, out in a house in a car. So I know what it smells like. It’s a smell that you never...get rid of.  When I first went there to pick up that vehicle I got within three feet of it I could smell something. 

He says he was so afraid to open the trunk...he asked the tow yard attendant to stand with him...

"I said, Please don't let this be what I think it is." 
"Please don't let this by my Caylee." 
"That's what I thought. That's what I, my heart was saying."   

George went on to talk about a bag full of junk that was in the trunk as well as a large stain that he said was the size of a basketball. The stain in that trunk was one of the things tested by the FBI and the results came back positive for signs of human decomposition.

AirTran flight

There are also documents from an Airtran flight out of Orlando where a person reported seeing missing 3-year-old Caylee. 

Flight records of Airtran Flight #862 on July 2, 2008

Flight records of Airtran Flight #862 on July 2, 2008 - Set 2

Flight records of Airtran Flight #862 on July 2, 2008 - Set 3

Flight records of Airtran Flight #862 on July 2, 2008 - Set 4

Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez

All along Casey Anthony has insisted she left Caylee with the babysitter Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez.

Casey said Zenaida had been watching Caylee for more than a year. At one point during the time Caylee and Casey were gone, Casey told her mother a story about how she and a friend were in Tampa with Zenaida  when Zenaida  got into a serious car crash.

Included in the released documents are Tampa Police reports that show investigators went to Tampa General to look for any record of Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez. They didn't find any.
Various investigation documents in the Casey Anthony case

Casey Anthony at Fusian Ultra Lounge June 13, 2008

Casey Anthony's Employment Information

Child neglect investigation

Casey Anthony's E-pass records

Media Reports
There are various media reports including a subpoena to a blog posting here on My FOX Orlando.com

Media reports about the Casey Anthony case

Motion Hearing

On Monday a hearing will be held in front of Circuit Judge Stan Strickland at 1:30 p.m. on a number of motions filed by Casey Anthony’s attorney Jose Baez.

Judge Strickland will hear the following motions:
 (Click hear to read the motions)

Motion Concerning Extra-Judical Comments

Motion to Compel Tips Gathered by Law Enforcement

Motion to Compel Crime Scene Investigation Reports and Photos

Motion to Compel Reports and Communications

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7805151&version=23&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #313 on: November 07, 2008, 09:27:02 AM »

Mental Illness May Determine Fate Of Mother Of Missing Caylee Anthony
Woman Charged With 1st-Degree Murder

POSTED: 9:13 pm EST November 6, 2008

UPDATED: 11:05 pm EST November 6, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The mental health of Casey Anthony, who has been charged with first-degree murder in the disappearance of her daughter, Caylee, could be the key to determining her fate, according to a Local 6 News report.

Anthony, 22, remains jailed and is scheduled to go to trial in January. Caylee was last seen in mid-June but was not reported missing until a month later.

Anthony has undergone two psychological evaluations, but the reports have been sealed by the judge who ordered the tests after Anthony's arrest in July.

Local 6 News investigative reporter Tony Pipitone interviewed Lake Mary psychiatrist Dr. Ryan Hall, who has not examined Anthony and could not comment to her specifically, but he has studied women who have killed and their motivations for the killings.

"You have to look at the motivation -- why they're doing -- why they think they have to (kill their own child)," Hall said.

Psychiatrists focus on five general reasons, Hall said.

Altruistic, which was explained as the person doing the child a favor.

Psychotic, when the killer is having hallucinations or delusions.

Accidental, which usually result from abuse.

Revenge, getting back at someone, usually a spouse or the child's parent.

Unwanted child.

Hall said that only in extreme cases can the killer be found not criminally responsible for the death.

"You have to have a severe mental illness, and two -- due to the severe mental illness -- you have to not realize what you were doing was wrong," Hall said.

Andrea Yates, the Texas mother who is in a psychiatric hospital after drowning her five children because she said she was battling Satan before calmly reporting the deaths to police, is an example of that type of person, Local 6 News reported.

Pipitone said the prosecution of Anthony thus far seems closer to that of Susan Smith, who let a car containing her two children roll into a lake, where they drowned. Smith blamed carjackers who never existed, and she's serving a life sentence in South Carolina.

"She was interested in an individual, (and) he said he didn't want to be with a single mother. She killed her two kids. There was concealment, it was planned out, she made false statements to police, she was trying to avoid detection (and) she knew what she'd done was wrong," Hall said.

Investigators believe Anthony is concealing the location of her daughter's body.

"No more lies. No more bull coming out of your mouth. We've been very respectful. We're taking our time and talking to you, but we're tired of all the lies. No more lies. What happened to Caylee?" Orange County sheriff's Detective Yuri Melich said in a July interview at Universal, where Anthony had said she worked.

"I don't know," Anthony said.

"You do know," Melich replied.

"I don't know," Anthony repeated.

"What happened to Caylee?" Melich asked.

"I don't know where she is. That's the God's honest truth," Anthony said.

If Anthony were delusional, she would really believe that she worked at Universal and left Caylee with an imaginary baby sitter, Pipitone said. The state claims that Anthony is lying.

Psychiatrists, like Hall, routinely determine whether someone is delusional or simply deceptive.

"You have to look at what the motivation is there. Is it that they don't want to admit they're really unemployed? Do they have to let people think they're greater than they are? So there could be personality factors, (a) need for narcissism, needs to seem greater than they are. Or they could be trying to hide embarrassment or shame," Hall said.

If Anthony has no severe mental illness, there's no way she can avoid prison, if convicted, Local 6 News reported.

"People found insane go to the state mental hospital, but that's reserved for truly psychotic people. Casey just doesn't seem to fit that bill," Pipitone said. "She's not been convicted of anything, but clearly she has issues that could lead to the death penalty being taken off the table or mitigate against a death sentence if she ever were convicted."

http://www.local6.com/news/17927572/detail.html
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 09:29:30 AM by Blonde » Logged

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #314 on: November 07, 2008, 09:40:33 AM »

Casey Anthony told DCF workers that investigators will not make her confess

Sarah Lundy, Amy L. Edwards, Walter Pacheco | Sentinel Staff Writers
3:35 PM EST, November 6, 2008

Casey Anthony's attorney wants access to tips, information
3:30 p.m. Casey Anthony's attorney filed three motions in Orange County court this week to compel investigators to turn over tips about the whereabouts of missing Caylee Marie as well as crime scene photos and investigative reports. He also wants information from Oak Ridge National Laboratory, which conducted forensic testing on hair and air samples taken from Anthony's car.

There are an estimated 4,500 tips regarding tips in the disappearance of Caylee Marie that have not been delivered to the defense.

Jose Baez, who is representing Casey Anthony in the first-degree murder charge against her, asked a judge to expedite the delivery.

Prosecutors turned over roughly 450 tips to the law firm on Oct. 27, which were mostly made up of calls from psychics. The next batch was to have been delivered on Nov. 4, but investigators pushed the delivery date back to Nov. 7, according to the motion.

Orange Circuit Judge Stan Strickland will preside over the hearing for the motions on Monday, Nov. 10 at 1:30 p.m. No hearing dates have been scheduled for the other two motions

Casey Anthony's interview at jail and home with DCF workers
1:30 p.m. On Aug. 25, Department of Children and Families investigator William Procknow met with Casey Anthony and her mother, Cindy Anthony, at their home on Hopespring Drive. Casey Anthony greeted Procknow with a smile and sat down with him in the dining room.

The meeting was to go over the allegations of maltreatment, inadequate supervision and threatened harm -- accusations reported to DCF.

Anthony told him that she looked forward to telling her side of the story to someone other than her family and law enforcement. Cindy Anthony began talking then Casey stopped her, saying this was her chance to speak.

Casey went on to describe how she left her child with babysitter Zenaida Gonzales so she could work. She said despite what the sheriff's office has reported, she is a seasonal worker at Universal Studios in the event department.

When the investigator inquired about the babysitter, Casey Anthony said she couldn't reveal more because of her criminal case.

She described how she met Caylee's father in middle school and said his name was Eric. He and his family moved to Kentucky where he later died in a car crash. She refused to give his last name to protect his family's privacy.

Casey talked about the psychological testing that was done at the jail. She said she was told that "everything was normal" and she has never been diagnosed with any mental health conditions.

When talking about the case, she vowed that she is innocent and did not do anything to her child. She said the sheriff's office is trying to "break her and make her confess to something she did not do."

She repeated several times that authorities would not "break her and she and her attorney are confident going to trial."

Throughout the meeting, Procknow noticed she appeared detached emotionally, appearing "very cool and smooth" and spoke with conviction and confidence.

On Sept. 4, Procknow and another DCF worker met with Casey at the Orange County Jail. She told the child protection workers that the sheriff's office is spending more time trying to find her guilty without any evidence instead of searching for Caylee.

One of the workers mentioned that Sheriff Kevin Beary was on the news recently, saying he was offering more money to help the group EquuSearch look for the toddler.

"She stated she is aware of the group, but hasn't seen the news recently. She stated that as a mother she would have a knowing feeling inside if something bad happened to Caylee and that her mother, Cindy, had the same type of feeling about her and her brother growing up," Procknow wrote in the report.

During their conversation, the investigators noted Anthony referred to Caylee as "that child," suggesting some form of detachment.

Highlights from George Anthony's June 24 interview with two sheriff's detectives
12 p.m. Transcripts of the interview show that George Anthony told the detectives: "Where this is leading I don't want to think about it. I don't want to think about that but I had bad vibes the very first day when I got that car ... I don't want to believe that I have raised someone, and brought someone in this world that could do something to another person."

Anthony spoke about the pungent smell that came from Casey's Pontiac Sunfire the day he picked it up from the wrecker-yard. Detective Yuri Melich asked Anthony to discuss what he initially told him about the odor.

"I believe that there's something dead back there," Anthony said. "And I hate to say the word human ... I mean that law enforcement stuff that I did, we caught people out in the woods, in a house, in a, in a car. So I know what it smells like. It's a smell that you never ... never get rid of."

Anthony continued, "When I first went there to pick up that vehicle I got within three feet of it I could smell something. You look up and you say, please don't let this be. Please don't let this be."

Anthony said he opened the car door and knew something was wrong. As he walked around the car to look inside the trunk, Anthony told detectives, "I think I whispered out to myself 'Please don't let this be my Caylee.' That's what I thought. That's what I, my heart was saying."

When Anthony and the wrecker employee opened the trunk, Anthony said he saw the garbage bag and a stain. Anthony said the stain was about the size of a basketball.

Anthony said the car smelled so bad he didn't know how we was going to drive it home. "I couldn't freaking breath (sic)," he said.

When Anthony got the car home and pulled into the garage, he said Cindy said, "Jesus Christ what died?"

"But then she said it in a way, she says, 'George, it was the pizza, right?' And I said, 'Yeah (affirmative), it was the pizza.' And that's what I left it go at that, but. I'm sitting here as the grandfather, as the father, as George Anthony and as a guy who smelled the smell before years ago and you just never forget it. I even stuck my nose down on it and I'm, I'm concerned."

Detectives asked Anthony what he thought may have happened. Anthony brought up their above-ground swimming pool. Anthony said he and Cindy are "very religious" about keeping their gate closed and taking the ladder up.

Anthony told detectives about a day in June when Cindy called and told him the side gate was open and the pool ladder was up. Anthony said he told his wife he always shuts the gate and wouldn't have put the ladder on.

Alleged crash in Tampa involving Zenaida Gonzalez never occured
11:40 a.m. Casey Anthony had told her mother that Zenaida Gonzalez had been involved in a crash in Tampa in mid-June as was taken to the hospital for treatment.

Her mother, Cindy Anthony, doubted the story. Tampa police searched crash reports and could not locate a crash involving Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez during that time, the State Attorney's Office records show.

A check of local hospitals also turned up nothing on a patient admitted under that name.

Three women matching the name were found in the area and their information was turned over to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

Anthony had told her mother in June that she was driving behind Gonzalez on their way back home from Tampa and that Gonzalez - who was transporting Caylee Marie and another child -- had a car accident on Interstate 4. Gonzalez had to be taken to the hospital, Anthony said. She told her mother she had stayed with Gonzalez until she recovered.

11:35 a.m. Casey Anthony's friend, Dante Salati, told lead investigator John Allen that he and Anthony had gone out with several friends to Miller's Ale House, off Alafaya Trail, on July 1 - after Caylee Marie had disappeared.

Anthony never mentioned Caylee Marie during dinner, Salati said.

Salati also told detectives he lives at Sawgrass Apartments, the same residential complex the Anthony claimed she left Caylee Marie at with a babysitter named Zenaida Gonzalez.

Allen asked if Salati had heard Anthony mention Gonzalez, due to the proximity of his apartment to where she reported Gonzalez lived. Salati said Anthony never mentioned a babysitter. He also said he never met anyone matching Gonzalez's description.

Cindy Anthony asks: How quickly would you stop looking for someone you loved?
11:23 a.m. The grandmother of missing Caylee Marie reaffirms that she is prepared for the worst, but maintains hope that her granddaughter is still alive.

"I feel that a good attorney will plan for the worse case scenario and hope for the best," she said in a statement released by Anthony family spokesman, Larry Garrison. "The defense and the family will never give up on looking for Caylee. We continue to believe she is alive, and so should everyone else who has a conscience."

DCF officials said Caylee Marie's safety "critically at risk"
10 a.m. Department of Children and Family records released today by the State Attorney's Office show that officials determined the missing girl's overall safety was at risk.

Casey Anthony "has lied to the police and refused to cooperate. The welfare of the child is critically at risk," the report shows.

State Attorney's Office released more documents on the Casey Anthony investigation
9:50 a.m. More than 500 pages of legal documents were just released by the State Attorney's Office as part of the Casey Anthony case.

Included in the documents are transcribed interviews of Anthony's parents, George and Cindy Anthony; her most recent boyfriend, Anthony Lazzaro; and friends Ricardo Morales and Amy Huizenga.

Other items included are AirTran flight records and toll records.

The Orlando Sentinel is reviewing the records. Check back for updates.

FROM THE NOV. 6 ORLANDO SENTINEL PRINT EDITION

A Miami lawyer hired by Casey Anthony's defense team gave prosecutors a report Wednesday outlining arguments on why the single mother accused of killing her child should not face the death penalty.

The 30-page packet highlights problems with some of the evidence and describes how aspects of Anthony's case do not fit the state criteria for the death penalty -- a sentence reserved for the worst of the worst homicides.

It touches on Anthony's erratic behavior after her daughter's birth that suggests signs of emotional or mental distress. The report ended with pictures of Anthony during happier times, as a child surrounded by her parents and her brother.

"Casey Anthony is a unique individual. A close inspection of her case clearly supports not filing a notice seeking death," attorney Terence Lenamon wrote in a report obtained by the Orlando Sentinel.

The State Attorney's Office would not confirm whether it had received the report, which is not a public record. Such reports are part of the process prosecutors go through to decide whether they will seek a death sentence or life in prison for a person charged with a capital crime.

The report is not an admission of guilt. The idea is to explore whether facts in the case truly justify the death penalty if a suspect is convicted.

Anthony was charged last month with killing her daughter, Caylee Marie, who was reported missing on July 15. No body has been found, and Anthony's lawyer, Jose Baez, and family members contend that the child, who would have turned 3 in August, still could be alive.

Anthony told investigators that she left Caylee with a baby sitter in mid-June. When she returned later that day, both the baby sitter and Caylee were gone. Detectives have not been able to locate the baby sitter and doubt she exists.

If prosecutors pursue the death penalty, the trial will be divided into two sections: the guilt/innocent phase and the sentence phase.

Lenamon's report addresses the sentence phase, when the jury hears evidence for and against imposing the ultimate penalty.

Some of the arguments outlined against death include:

* The techniques used to analyze hair and air samples from the trunk of Anthony's car to prove evidence of a body are "novel, experimental, in the early stages of development, inconclusive and highly susceptible to mishandling," Lenamon wrote. Even if the evidence is enough for a guilty verdict, it would not be enough to support the death penalty, according to the report.

* Details of the Anthony case are insufficient to justify the death penalty, the lawyer wrote. She doesn't have a criminal record. There is no history of child abuse. The crime was not cold, calculated and premeditated. No one knows how death might have happened -- if at all. In the months leading up to Caylee's disappearance, Anthony's behavior was described by friends and family as "erratic and not entirely rational."

* Filicide -- the act of a parent killing a child -- is different from other homicides. The underlying reasons why mothers kill are complex and can be divided into various categories.

* Juries are more likely to show mothers mercy. The report mentions Andrea Yates, a Texas mother who drowned her five children. She was sentenced to life in prison but later sent to a mental hospital. Susan Smith, the South Carolina mother who drowned her two children in a lake, got life in prison.

* Experts will likely agree that Anthony was "suffering from episodes of extreme emotional distress and disturbance since her daughter's birth," the report said. Even the lack of emotion after her child's disappearance and the arrest "is not normal," Lenamon wrote.

* Anita Simmons, an Orange County woman who beat her 8-year-old daughter to death, got 42 years in prison, the report said. Lenamon also cited other examples around that state that also led to life sentences.

"A careful consideration of the totality of the circumstances in this case leads to a clear conclusion that filing a notice of the death penalty is not the right thing to do," he wrote.

Sarah Lundy can be reached at slundy@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-6218.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey-anthony-110608,0,5488005.story?page=4

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #315 on: November 07, 2008, 10:39:11 AM »

Casey Anthony prosecutors: Gag order needed to limit publicity
Sarah Lundy and Bianca Prieto

Sentinel Staff Writers

November 7, 2008

Prosecutors are asking a judge to order those involved in the Casey Anthony case -- attorneys, witnesses, law-enforcement officers and Anthony's family -- to restrict their public comments.

The intent is to protect potential jurors from being influenced by pretrial publicity, Assistant State Attorney Jeff Ashton wrote in the motion filed Thursday.

The case has received intense media coverage since Anthony's daughter Caylee Marie was reported missing July 15.

During the past four months, leaks have surfaced dealing with evidence of a decomposing body in Anthony's car and traces of chloroform found in the trunk -- news supporting the state's case against Anthony.

Prosecutors filed their motion the day after a defense report surfaced, outlining why Anthony should not get the death penalty if convicted. The state has not decided whether it will seek death.

In the motion, Ashton cited Orlando Sentinel stories and a news release from Anthony's defense team. He writes that Anthony's family has used the "pulpit" of their search for Caylee to comment about evidence and motives in prosecution. The family contends Caylee is alive.

"In twenty-eight years of criminal prosecution . . . the undersigned has never witnessed such a shameless attempt to sway public sentiment," Ashton wrote.

The motion for a gag order came among a flurry of filings. Anthony's attorney Jos� Baez filed several requests with the court, including papers asking the judge to compel investigators to turn over tips about Caylee's whereabouts. He also wants crime-scene photos and investigative reports, as well as more information from Oak Ridge National Laboratory, which conducted forensic tests on hair and air samples taken from Anthony's car. Orange Circuit Judge Stan Strickland scheduled a hearing to discuss the matters for 1:30 p.m. Monday.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/orl-caseygag0708nov07,0,7398893.story

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #316 on: November 07, 2008, 10:39:58 AM »

Documents Released Nov. 6, 2008
In case any monkey missed them yesterday.

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/cynthia%20anthony.pdf
Transcript: Cynthia Anthony, Aug. 4, 2008

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/dante%20salati%20sept8.pdf
Transcript: Dante Salati, Sept. 8, 2008

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/georgeanthony%20aug4.pdf
Transcript: George Anthony, Aug. 4, 2008

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/georgeanthony%20july24.pdf
Transcript: George Anthony, July 24, 2008

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/huzienga%20july16.pdf
Transcript: Amy Huizenga, July 23, 2008

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/jeffreyhopkins%20july%2016.pdf
Transcript: Jeffrey Hopkins, July 16, 2008

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/lazzzaro.pdf
Ricardo Morales, July 5, 2008

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/ricardomorales%20july%205.pdf
Transcript: Ricardo Morales, July 5, 2008

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/cdphotos.pdf
CD Photos Taken At A Night Club

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/DCFfiles.pdf
Department of Children and Families Files

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/ganthony%20epass.pdf
George Anthony’s ePass Records

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #317 on: November 07, 2008, 11:42:13 AM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7812468&version=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

"Search of the Century" to begin this weekend 
3,000 volunteers from over 30 states will search 

Last Edited: Friday, 07 Nov 2008, 9:22 AM EST 
Created: Friday, 07 Nov 2008, 8:01 AM EST 

Thousands of volunteers plan to search for missing 3-year-old Caylee Anthony 

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) -- Texas Equusearch is gearing up for the biggest search in their history this weekend as they look to find missing 3-year-old Caylee Anthony – dead or alive.

"This is the largest search we have ever conducted, it is very exciting," Gary Peterson said who is second in command of the Equusearch Group of Texas. He says they are ready to find information that has lead to the disappearance of the missing toddler.

"Everything is going extremely well," Equusearch President Tim Miller said.  With 250 Team Leaders in place and more than 3,000 volunteers from 30 different states, Equusearch officials are confident they will have made major accomplishments.

Among the volunteers is California Bounty Hunter, Leonard Padilla.  "I believe we will find Caylee by Monday," Padilla said. He arrived at the Orlando International Airport Thursday evening.

He too will receive special training for this search. 

On Friday, Peterson says Equusearch officials will be meeting all day with team leaders and officials from the Orange County Sheriff's Office to get a game plan in place and map out the exact locations of the 130 areas they want to target.

"We get very involved in these cases, and this one is dear to my heart, for all of us and we want closure for everyone involved," Peterson said.

If you are interested in being a volunteer, you may print out and complete the volunteer registration agreement form which will speed up the registration process on the day of the search

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #318 on: November 07, 2008, 03:15:09 PM »

Massive Search To Begin For Caylee
In what may be the largest search in U.S. history, 4,000 volunteers are expected to search for Caylee Anthony.

http://www.local6.com/index.html

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #319 on: November 07, 2008, 03:43:52 PM »

Massive Search To Begin For Caylee
3-Year-Old Girl Last Seen In Mid-June

POSTED: 12:20 pm EST November 7, 2008

UPDATED: 12:53 pm EST November 7, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- In what may be the largest search in U.S. history, about 4,000 volunteers are expected to search for 3-year-old Caylee Anthony, who was last seen in mid-June.

Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, remains jailed on first-degree murder charges in connection with her daughter's disappearance.

The Texas-based group Equusearch will conduct the Saturday search for Caylee, and the group has set up its headquarters on Lee Vista Boulevard and Shadow Ridge Drive near Orlando International Airport.

The group is preparing 350 team leaders Friday, who are being sent out in groups of two or three to different areas to determine what type of equipment and how many people they will need in their search.

Tim Miller and Mandy Albritton of Equusearch said the search is a huge undertaking.

"This is the biggest and largest search that Texas Equusearch has ever done," Mandy Albritton said.

"In the very best conditions -- if this little girl is out there -- she's skeletal remains, and it's going to be extremely easy to miss," Miller said.

California bounty hunter Leonard Padilla, who bailed out Anthony from jail months ago when she was only charged with child neglect, is also back in Orlando to help in the search.

"We'll basically brief (Equusearch) on what we had," said Padilla, who has analyzed pings to towers from Anthony's cell phone records.

"The woman lives her life 10 minutes at a time. It never, ever affects her adversely. Child's dead? OK. What do do? Oh, I've got to go (to) Blockbuster tonight," said Padilla, making note of the fact that Anthony was captured on surveillance video shortly after Caylee's disappearance.

Miller said Padilla's information coincides with where they planned to search.

Cindy Anthony, who believes her granddauther is still alive, will not assist in the search.

"I talked with Cindy yesterday, and we hugged -- and we even had some tears come out -- but I don't believe that (Caylee's) alive," Miller said.

Miller said a meeting will be held Friday at 6 p.m. at the Taboo nightclub in Orlando for anyone who is interested in joining in the search, which is scheduled to take place Saturday at 8 a.m.

Casey's Mental Health

The mental health of Casey Anthony could be the key to determining her fate, according to a Local 6 News report.

Anthony is scheduled to go to trial in January.

Anthony has undergone two psychological evaluations, but the reports have been sealed by the judge who ordered the tests after Anthony's arrest in July.

Local 6 News investigative reporter Tony Pipitone interviewed Lake Mary psychiatrist Dr. Ryan Hall, who has not examined Anthony and could not comment to her specifically, but he has studied women who have killed and their motivations for the killings.

"You have to look at the motivation -- why they're doing -- why they think they have to (kill their own child)," Hall said.

Psychiatrists focus on five general reasons, Hall said.

Altruistic, which was explained as the person doing the child a favor.

Psychotic, when the killer is having hallucinations or delusions.

Accidental, which usually result from abuse.

Revenge, getting back at someone, usually a spouse or the child's parent.

Unwanted child.

Hall said that only in extreme cases can the killer be found not criminally responsible for the death.

"You have to have a severe mental illness, and two -- due to the severe mental illness -- you have to not realize what you were doing was wrong," Hall said.

Andrea Yates, the Texas mother who is in a psychiatric hospital after drowning her five children because she said she was battling Satan before calmly reporting the deaths to police, is an example of that type of person, Local 6 News reported.

Pipitone said the prosecution of Anthony thus far seems closer to that of Susan Smith, who let a car containing her two children roll into a lake, where they drowned. Smith blamed carjackers who never existed, and she's serving a life sentence in South Carolina.

"She was interested in an individual, (and) he said he didn't want to be with a single mother. She killed her two kids. There was concealment, it was planned out, she made false statements to police, she was trying to avoid detection (and) she knew what she'd done was wrong," Hall said.

Investigators believe Anthony is concealing the location of her daughter's body.

"No more lies. No more bull coming out of your mouth. We've been very respectful. We're taking our time and talking to you, but we're tired of all the lies. No more lies. What happened to Caylee?" Orange County sheriff's Detective Yuri Melich said in a July interview at Universal, where Anthony had said she worked.

"I don't know," Anthony said.

"You do know," Melich replied.

"I don't know," Anthony repeated.

"What happened to Caylee?" Melich asked.

"I don't know where she is. That's the God's honest truth," Anthony said.

If Anthony were delusional, she would really believe that she worked at Universal and left Caylee with an imaginary baby sitter, Pipitone said. The state claims that Anthony is lying.

Psychiatrists, like Hall, routinely determine whether someone is delusional or simply deceptive.

"You have to look at what the motivation is there. Is it that they don't want to admit they're really unemployed? Do they have to let people think they're greater than they are? So there could be personality factors, (a) need for narcissism, needs to seem greater than they are. Or they could be trying to hide embarrassment or shame," Hall said.

If Anthony has no severe mental illness, there's no way she can avoid prison, if convicted, Local 6 News reported.

"People found insane go to the state mental hospital, but that's reserved for truly psychotic people. Casey just doesn't seem to fit that bill," Pipitone said. "She's not been convicted of anything, but clearly she has issues that could lead to the death penalty being taken off the table or mitigate against a death sentence if she ever were convicted."

New Documents Released

More than 500 pages of documents pertaining to the Anthony case were released Thursday by the state attorney's office.

The documents include never-before released interviews of Anthony's parents, George and Cindy Anthony.

In an interview about retrieving Casey Anthony's car from an impound lot after it was found abandoned at an Orange County Amscot, George Anthony said the smell in the car was terrible.

"I believe that there's something dead back there, and I hate to say the word 'human,'" said George Anthony, who told detectives he knew something was wrong and was nervous to open the trunk. "I think I whispered out to myself, 'Please don't let this be my Caylee.'"

George Anthony said he also saw a basketball-sized stain on the carpet of the trunk, Arm & Hammer laundry detergent and a plastic garbage bag contaning a pizza box and maggots.

George Anthony said in the interview that the smell was so bad that he had trouble breathing as he drove the car home. He said when he pulled into the garage, his wife came out and said, "Jesus Christ, what died? It was the pizza, right?"

In a separate interview, Cindy told detectives that she was concerned someone would take the car.

"We parked it in the garage, opened everything up, took the battery out of it just in case someone came home to try to get the car. We took the battery out of it. (You) never know," Cindy Anthony said.

It was later revealed that there was never any pizza in the trunk, only the empty box, Local 6 News reported.

George Anthony also admitted to detectives that Casey Anthony lived life on the edge, but said he was shocked to hear that his daughter was partying at Fusion, an Orlando nightclub, during the first month after Caylee's disappearance.

Also, in an interview with an Orange County sheriff's detective, George Anthony said his daughter had once told him that she was robbed at gunpoint while she was working at Sports Authority. George Anthony said he confronted the manager of the store about the incident only to be told that Casey Anthony never worked there.

Casey Connection To Apartment

An interview also released on Thursday shows that Casey Anthony had a connection to the Sawgrass Apartments, where she said she left Caylee with a baby sitter named Zenaida Gonzalez before never seeing her daughter again.

Dante Salati, a friend who Casey Anthony had known since high school, lived at Sawgrass for three years. His apartment was located next to the building where Casey Anthony said she left Caylee.

Salati said Casey Anthony's last visit to his apartment was January 2007, and he had never seen Caylee at the complex.

A detective asked Salati, "Do you think if Casey would come in there to drop her child off at an apartment 500 feet away on a regular basis -- do you think you would have had some idea that was going on?"

"Yes," Salati replied.

Death Penalty Argument

Attorneys for Anthony on Wednesday urged state prosecutors not to seek the death penalty in the high-profile case, using baby photos of their client to help their cause, Local 6 News reported.

Local 6 News obtained the baby photos of Anthony that will be used by her attorneys in an effort to sway the state from pursuing the death penalty.

The photographs show Anthony as a baby, playing with her brother, Lee, and surrounded by family members.

An experienced defense attorney was recently retained on Anthony's behalf, and he's hoping the photos and his 30-page argument will convince prosecutors.

"In this case, no one knows how death might have happened, if at all," stated the document, which was also obtained by Local 6 News. "If death did occur, the death was almost certainly a tragic accident."

Anthony's defense team also raises the possibility that Caylee may have been poisoned by chloroform, saying, "Death may have occurred while the child was sedated or from an unwitting overdose of a sedative."

Anthony's attorneys are also trying to show prosecutors that their client is an unlikely candidate for the death penalty because of her age and lack of a criminal record. Attorneys said the evidence suggests Anthony was a good, loving mother but also a troubled woman who may be suffering from depression or other mental conditions, Local 6 News reported.

The defense admits that Anthony "spent money she does not have, wrote bad checks, had multiple unstable relationships and participated in risky behavior."

The request did not mention the baby sitter with whom Anthony said she left Caylee at an apartment complex before never seeing her again. But the argument is not a case strategy, Local 6 News reported, rather only an attempt to get the death penalty option off the table.

Cindy Anthony Statement

Anthony family spokesman Larry Garrison released a statement on Thursday from Cindy Anthony, a day after it was reported that her daughter's attorneys are seeking to avoid the death penalty in her Casey Anthony's case.

"I feel that a good attorney will plan for the worse case scenario and hope for the best.

"I know that Casey's attorneys know that she is innocent, but they cannot ignore how the media has already spun the facts and convicted her. Casey has been severely attacked by the media since she was first arrested, and anyone would be a fool to ignore that. All of the negative spin has done her an injustice.

"Just look at what it has done for poor Caylee. The media already has given up on looking for this child, when there is simply no credible or concrete evidence to prove that she is dead. The defense and the family will never give up on looking for Caylee.

"We continue to believe she is alive, and so should everyone else who has a conscience. I would ask anyone to ask themselves just how quick would they stop looking for someone that they loved," the statement said.

Cell Phone Pings Track Casey

Local 6 News investigative reporter Tony Pipitone tracked the movements of Anthony by using cell phone records.

Pipitone said he tracked Anthony from Monday, June 16 -- the day Caylee was last seen alive -- until Monday, June 30 -- the day Anthony's abandoned car was towed from an Orange County Amscot.

The trunk of Anthony's car had a stench that investigators claim was from Caylee's body, Pipitone reported.

According to records, Anthony's cell phone "pinged" 20 different cell towers 754 times in the two-week period. Each time, her cell phone received or sent a text message or phone call, Pipitone reported.

Ninety-seven percent of the pings were to either her boyfriend's apartment near Winter Park, her friend's home in Orlando -- where she sometimes stayed -- her parents' home off Chickasaw Trail and the Fusion nightclub, where she was photographed partying while Caylee was missing, Pipitone said.

The other 3 percent of the pings -- especially during three days in June -- have raised questions, Pipitone said.

On Monday, June 16, Anthony's father, George Anthony, said he he saw his daughter and granddaughter leave his house at about 1 p.m.

"But if they did leave at that time, the cell records show they did not go far. Casey's cell phone communicated that afternoon through the same three cell towers she could reach from her home," Pipitone said.

At 1 p.m., Anthony made a 14-minute call to her boyfriend, Tony Lazzaro. At 1:44 p.m., she made a 36-minute call to her then-best friend, Amy Huizenga. At 2:52 p.m., there was an 11-minute call with ex-fiance Jesse Grund. All of the calls used cell towers that can be reached from her parents' home, Pipitone said.

But at 4:11 p.m., Anthony began trying to reach her mother, Cindy Anthony, making four attempts in two minutes, according to records. Anthony then traveled north from her parents' home and called Lazzaro for one minute at 4:19 p.m., Pipitone reported. Two minutes later, she talked to Grund for a minute, and tried to call her mother again at 4:25 p.m., Pipitone said.

There was no other communication from Anthony's cell phone until a call was made to Lazzaro's apartment at 5:57 p.m., records show.

Two hours later, Anthony and Lazzaro were captured on surveillance video at a Blockbuster, renting a movie that contains a scene of a rotting body in a car trunk, Pipitone said.

On June 17, Anthony returned to her parents' home around 2:30 p.m., Pipitone reported. At 4 p.m., her phone pinged a tower southwest of the house near Lee Vista Boulevard and South Goldenrod Road, an area where detectives have directed Equusearch volunteers to search for Caylee weeks ago.

At 5:20 p.m., a tower was pinged near Blanchard Park, another site searched in August by Equusearch. Anthony's cell phone went silent from 5:23 p.m. until 8:23 p.m., perhaps prompting investigators to search the area, Pipitone said.

"It was then that Casey's phone pinged a cell tower near boyfriend Tony Laazaro's apartment," Pipitone said. "By then, around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 17, Caylee had not been seen alive for nearly a day and a half. But remember, chemical evidence in the trunk of Casey's car indictaes the decomposing body was there up to 2½ days after death, so a key question for anyone looking for Caylee's body (is), 'Where did Casey go next?'"

On Wednesday, June 18, the day Casey's parents' neighbor said Anthony borrowed a shovel and backed her car into the garage, cell phone pings show that Anthony was at or near her parents' home from 2:30 p.m. until 3:30 p.m., Pipitone said.

Anthony's phone later pinged a different spot near the Econ Trail, south of Lake Underhill, records show. It's also a location that detectives guided Equusearch volunteers to look for signs of Caylee's body, Pipitone said.

Equusearch will return to that area Nov. 8 to continue the search, Pipitone reported.

Scientific evidence suggests that a body left its chemical signature in the trunk of Anthony's car after decomposing for less than 2½ days, which would be about the same time period between the aforementioned cell phone pings, Pipitone said.

"Circumstantial, but interesting," Pipitone said.

Key Date Investigated

Pipitone also sifted through thousands of documents, looking into whether Caylee died on June 16, the key date in the case.

Pipitone said to understand why investigators believe Caylee is dead starts early in the morning of June 16, when Anthony called Lazzaro from her parents' house.

The 80-minute phone call ended at 1:05 a.m., and Anthony then had a conversation via text messages with Lazzaro until Lazzaro called her at 3:08 a.m.

It is not known what was discussed, but less than 10 hours later, Caylee, who was 2 at that time, was seen for the last time by her grandfather, George Anthony, Pipitone reported.

"Ten minutes to 1 (o'clock) that afternoon on the 16th is when I actually saw Casey and Caylee together -- both leaving with backpacks -- and my daughter said she was going to work, and she was taking Caylee to the nanny, to the baby sitter," George Anthony said.

Just before 8 p.m., seven hours after Caylee was last seen alive, Casey Anthony and Lazzaro are seen on surveillance video visiting the Blockbuster store near his apartment on University Boulevard. Caylee is not in the video.

Lazzaro told Local 6 News that he had not seen Caylee at that point for two weeks.

The video is one reason investigators believe June 16 may have been the day Caylee died, Pipitone reported.

"What happened in the next hours is even more intriguing. Tony (Lazzaro) and Casey rented two movies for that night. One one of them (was) 'Untraceable,' which contains a graphic scene that is even more chilling when you consider where Caylee's body may have been," Pipitone said. "The movie shows an FBI agent being pursued by a sadistic cyber-stalker who pops the trunk of a car and is overcome by the smell of a fly-infested, rotting corpse left by the killer in the trunk of the car."

Investigators believe Caylee's body was left in the trunk of her mother's car, where it decomposed, emitting an odor that Casey Anthony's mother, Cindy Anthony, identified, Pipitone reported.

"It smells like there's been a damn dead body in the car," Cindy Anthony said in a 911 call.

"Whether the movie scene is a clue to what Casey might have already done or was about to do -- or even where Caylee may have been on the same night they rented that movie -- only Casey can answer that, and she's not talking," Pipitone said.

Pipitone said he will continue to investigate the timeline into the case using cell phone records that show whom Casey Anthony was talking to or texting.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

http://www.local6.com/news/17931576/detail.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.