June 01, 2024, 09:08:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MEDIA REPORTS:No Discussion  (Read 294282 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #580 on: January 21, 2009, 04:46:11 PM »

Investigator: Heart-shaped sticker was put on duct tape covering Caylee Marie Anthony's mouth
Amy L. Edwards and Walter Pacheco | Sentinel Staff Writers
1:22 PM EST, January 21, 2009

A heart-shaped sticker was put on the duct tape that covered Caylee Marie Anthony's mouth, an Orange County investigator wrote in search warrant affidavit.

That detail is one of several included in hundreds of pages of legal documents released today by the State Attorney's Office in its case against Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony.

The reports detail more about what investigators found when Caylee's remains were recovered Dec. 11:

- The remains appeared to have originally been within a black plastic bag and within a cloth laundry hamper bag. - There was a piece of silver duct tape over the mouth area of Caylee's skull. - Inside the bag, investigators found a small shirt, small pair of white shorts and small cloth-type letters that appear to be iron-ons, and a Winnie the Pooh blanket.

While the duct tape was being processed at the FBI lab in Quantico, Va., investigators noticed residue in the "perfect shape of a heart." The residue "appeared to be consistent with the adhesive side of a heart shaped sticker," sheriff's Detective Yuri Melich stated in one of the documents.

He noted that investigators who scoured the wooded area where Caylee's remains were found located a small heart-shaped sticker similar in size to the residue on the tape.

"It appears that the sticker was put on the duct tape intentionally," he stated.

In another search warrant for Casey's home on Hopespring Drive, where she lived with her parents and Caylee, investigators asked to collect: - Arts and crafts materials, stickers and scrap book material - Casey Anthony's shoes - Small plastic toy horses similar to one found at the crime scene

The investigator also asked for the authority to observe and note any prescriptions on the property.

Dozens of pages of reports from crime-scene technicians were released, as well as transcripts from 911 calls made by the meter reader who found Caylee's remains.

Check back for updates.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/topic/orl-caylee-marie-anthony-casey-012109,0,6390556.story

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #581 on: January 21, 2009, 05:06:31 PM »

Documents Reveal Graphic Details In Caylee Anthony Investigation
released Wednesday reveal more about what was found at the crime scene along with Caylee Anthony's body. (01/21/09)
VIDEO REPORT (good)
http://www.wftv.com/video/18530845/index.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #582 on: January 21, 2009, 05:15:05 PM »

Investigator: Heart-shaped sticker was put on duct tape covering Caylee Marie Anthony's mouth
Amy L. Edwards and Walter Pacheco | Sentinel Staff Writers
1:22 PM EST, January 21, 2009

A heart-shaped sticker was put on the duct tape that covered Caylee Marie Anthony's mouth, an Orange County investigator wrote in search warrant affidavit.

That detail is one of several included in hundreds of pages of legal documents released today by the State Attorney's Office in its case against Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony.

The reports detail more about what investigators found when Caylee's remains were recovered Dec. 11:

- The remains appeared to have originally been within a black plastic bag and within a cloth laundry hamper bag. - There was a piece of silver duct tape over the mouth area of Caylee's skull. - Inside the bag, investigators found a small shirt, small pair of white shorts and small cloth-type letters that appear to be iron-ons, and a Winnie the Pooh blanket.

While the duct tape was being processed at the FBI lab in Quantico, Va., investigators noticed residue in the "perfect shape of a heart." The residue "appeared to be consistent with the adhesive side of a heart shaped sticker," sheriff's Detective Yuri Melich stated in one of the documents.

He noted that investigators who scoured the wooded area where Caylee's remains were found located a small heart-shaped sticker similar in size to the residue on the tape.

"It appears that the sticker was put on the duct tape intentionally," he stated.

In another search warrant for Casey's home on Hopespring Drive, where she lived with her parents and Caylee, investigators asked to collect: - Arts and crafts materials, stickers and scrap book material - Casey Anthony's shoes - Small plastic toy horses similar to one found at the crime scene

The investigator also asked for the authority to observe and note any prescriptions on the property.

Dozens of pages of reports from crime-scene technicians were released, as well as transcripts from 911 calls made by the meter reader who found Caylee's remains.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-caylee-marie-anthony-casey-012109,0,5932835.story
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 09:08:59 AM by Blonde » Logged

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #583 on: January 22, 2009, 06:43:36 PM »

New Motion Hearing Scheduled In Casey Anthony Case
Thursday, January 22, 2009 6:04:37 PM
ORLANDO -- Three new motions will be heard at an end of the month hearing.

The motions are from both sides -- Anthony's attorney Jose Baez and the State Attorney's Office.

The most interesting concerns a request by Baez to obtain records from EquuSearch, including lists of volunteers and any communications the group had with investigators.

The Texas-based group spent days in Central Florida looking for Caylee's remains.

Baez also filed a motion to try and inspect the scene where Caylee's remains were found.

The hearing is scheduled in an Orange County court for Jan. 30 at 8:30 a.m.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/1/22/new_motion_hearing_scheduled_in_casey_anthony_case.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #584 on: January 23, 2009, 08:12:27 AM »

George Anthony Threatens Suicide, Disappears
Friday, January 23, 2009 – updated: 6:16 am EST January 23, 2009

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- George Anthony, father of Casey Anthony, was reported missing, Friday morning after threatening suicide. He was later found at a Daytona Beach motel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RAW VIDEO: George Leaving Hotel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Anthonys' attorney, Brad Conway, said George was OK. He was taken into custody under Florida's Baker Act which allows the state to hold people involuntarily pending a psychiatric evaluation.

The lead investigator in the case and several Orange County sheriff's deputies responded to the house of George and Cindy Anthony late Thursday night. His family had grown increasingly concerned when George missed a scheduled meeting Thursday afternoon.

Sheriff’s officials and Conway say George Anthony left his home early Thursday morning and hadn't been seen since. Daytona Beach Police Chief Mike Chitwood says George sent what were described as "disturbing" text messages to family members.

"He had text-messaged family members that he wanted to end his life," said Chitwood. (hear interview)

Conway said family members were "relieved" George had been found.

"George is OK, thank God," said Conway. "Had it not been for a cooperative effort between Orange County and Volusia County, I don’t know what the outcome would have been. George is now safe." (watch full interview)

George Anthony was found in Daytona Beach at the Hawaii Motel (see map). Deputies used GPS and signals from George’s cell phone to track his car. (watch raw video)

"When they arrived on the scene, George was talking to them and was fine," said Conway. "We’re having him checked out to be sure."

George was taken to Halifax Medical Center for observation. He could be held for up to 72 hours. Chitwood, who took George to the hospital, described him as "melancholy." Chitwood said no weapons and no medications indicating suicide was imminent were found.

George's car was returned to the home just before 6am but George was not in it.
http://www.wftv.com/news/18545717/detail.html

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #585 on: January 23, 2009, 09:24:49 AM »

Local 6: George Anthony Found Safe; Suicide Note Located
Casey Anthony Remains Jailed In Daughter's Death

POSTED: Thursday, January 22, 2009
UPDATED: 9:00 am EST January 23, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The father of Casey Anthony, who is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee, has been taken to a hospital for psychiatric evaluation after he was reported missing.
VIDEO: Local 6 Team Report
George Anthony was reported missing late Thursday night from his Orange County home but was located a few hours later at the Hawaii motel on U.S. Highway 1 in Daytona Beach.

"He had text-messaged family members that he wanted to end his life," Daytona Beach Police Chief Mike Chitwood said.

Local 6 News reported that a suicide note was also found in George Anthony's car. The note is in the possession of the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

"I'm being told by sources close to the investigation that the note included wording like 'I want to go be with Caylee,'" Local 6 News reporter Jessica D'Onofrio said.

George Anthony's wife, Cindy Anthony, and their attorney, Brad Conway, reported him missing after he failed to arrive at a 4 p.m. meeting with them, officials said.

"George has been through a lot. The entire Anthony family has been through a lot. George is OK. Thank God," Conway said. "Had it not been for a cooperative effort between Orange County and Volusia County, I don't know what the outcome would have been."

George Anthony was taken to Halifax Medical Center under the Florida Baker Act, which allows a person to be evaluated if they are deemed as possibly being able to harm themself or others or if they have a mental illness.

Authorities said they used cell phone pings to track George Anthony to the Bethune Point area of Daytona Beach, and his car was later found in the motel parking lot.

No weapons or drugs were found with George Anthony, who is a former Ohio sheriff's deputy. He did have his blood-pressure medication with him.

Conway said Cindy Anthony is OK when asked about her well-being.

"I think I've said this a lot of times. (She's doing) as well as can be expected, but she's good," Conway said. "George is safe, and he's with us, so it's all good."

Trash Bag Link?

Meanwhile, Local 6 News reported Thursday that trash bags taken from the home where Casey Anthony lived with her daughter, Caylee, look the same as the one in which the toddler's remains were found in a nearby wooded area.

Casey Anthony, 22, remains jailed on first-degree murder charges in the death of her daughter. Caylee's remains were found Dec. 11 by an Orange County meter reader in some woods less than a half-mile from the home of George and Cindy Anthony.

Shortly after the discovery, detectives twice searched the Anthony home for any evidence connected to the crime scene. Local 6 News has learned that investigators took plastic bags that look the same as the black trash bag with yellow handles in which Caylee's remains were found.

The trash bag in which Caylee's body was placed is also identical in appearance to a bag Cindy Anthony gave to detectives in July, Local 6 News reported.

Local 6 News has learned that investigators are confident of the connection between the home and the crime scene, but it will take laboratory tests to conclusively link the bag to the one found in the woods.

Caylee was 2 years old when she was reported missing in mid-July, a month after she was last seen alive.

Months ago, a woman was seen taking trash from the curb outside the Anthony home. The trash was in a black plastic trash bag.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18543583/detail.html#-

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #586 on: January 23, 2009, 04:06:57 PM »

Despondent grandfather wanted to 'be with Caylee'
Story Highlights
NEW: George Anthony sent texts saying he didn't want to live, police say
He was found at Florida hotel early Friday after being reported missing
He can be held for 72 hours for psychiatric evaluation and will not be charged
Anthony has defended his daughter, Casey, in death of her daughter, Caylee
Next Article in Crime »

(CNN) -- The distraught grandfather of slain Florida toddler Caylee Anthony sent his family and friends text messages saying he "did not want to live anymore and that he wanted to be with Caylee," according to a police report.

George Anthony has defended his daughter, Casey, who is accused in the death of his granddaughter, Caylee.
1 of 2

George Anthony, 57, then disappeared for several hours, and his family's worried attorney called police.

"You can see that George has been pushed to the brink of what could have been another tragedy in this case," said the attorney, Brad Conway. "This has been nothing less than hell" for the couple, he added.

He asked reporters to respect "the pain and the anguish" the Anthonys have gone through and "give them a little bit of space." He pointed out that they have not yet been able to bury Caylee, whose remains were found in December.

"He is not OK. George would not be with us without of efforts of law enforcement," Conway said.

Anthony was found about 2:30 a.m. Friday at the Hawaiian Inn Hotel in Daytona Beach, Florida, and taken into custody, according to Orange County Sheriff's Department spokesman Jeff Williamson. Anthony was hospitalized on a 72-hour psychiatric hold.

A former police officer, Anthony has been embroiled in a crime saga involving his daughter, Casey Anthony, and granddaughter Caylee.

Casey Anthony, 22, is charged with killing her 2-year-old daughter, who was last seen alive in June. Casey Anthony arrested in October and charged with first-degree murder and other offenses.

George Anthony's wife, Cindy, told police that she last saw her husband at 10:30 a.m. Thursday as he was leaving for a job interview. Conway reported George Anthony missing late Thursday, police said.

"Cynthia stated George has been upset and depressed about the death of his granddaughter, Caylee Marie," according to an Orange County sheriff's report.

"She stated she asked George yesterday to pick out some jewelry for Caylee for her funeral," the report stated. "Cynthia said she believed this might have made him even more depressed."

Cindy Anthony told police she became concerned after learning that her husband failed to show up for several meetings he had scheduled, including one with a friend in Lakeland, Florida, according to the police report. She tried to call her husband, she said, but he did not call her back. He also did not respond to her text messages.

George Anthony's medication -- at least two weeks' worth -- was missing, the report said, along with a photo of his wife and daughter. Cindy Anthony said no clothes or other belongings were missing, the police report said.

Starting about 10:45 p.m., Cindy Anthony said, she and others received several text messages on their cell phones. "The text messages George sent stated he did not want to live anymore and that he wanted to be with Caylee," according to the police report. "George text(ed) he wanted to be left alone and he wanted to make sure Caylee was in God's arms."

He would not say where he was, the report said.

In his call to 9-1-1, Conway told police, "We're worried that something is -- he's done something to himself." A copy of the recording was released by police.

Police tracked the GPS on George Anthony's cell phone to the Daytona Beach area, according to the police report. Daytona Beach police and some Orange County investigators sent to the area to search for his vehicle and found him at the hotel, authorities said.

The police chief persuaded Anthony to go to a hospital, said Jimmie Flynt, Daytona Beach police spokesman. He was taken to Halifax Medical Center.

A five-page suicide letter was found in Anthony's car indicating that he wanted to harm himself, Flynt said.

Conway told CNN affiliate WFTV that Anthony was taken into custody under Florida's Baker Act, which allows the state to hold people involuntarily pending a psychiatric evaluation. Police said he can be held for 72 hours without a court order.

For months, George and Cindy Anthony publicly defended their daughter, stating that she had nothing to with their granddaughter's disappearance.

In December, George Anthony said on CNN's "Larry King Live" that he never suspected that his daughter killed his granddaughter and he felt Caylee was still alive.

"Oh, Caylee? She's with, hopefully, a loving family that's taking care of her," he said.
The next day, Caylee's skeletal remains were found.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/23/florida.anthony/index.html?eref=ib_topstories

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #587 on: January 23, 2009, 05:46:48 PM »

UPDATED: Sources: George Anthony Took Sleeping Pills; Suicide Note Found In Car
UPDATED: 4:18 pm EST January 23, 2009

<snipped>
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The father of Casey Anthony, who is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee, had alcohol in his motel room and took several sleeping pills prior to being found by authorities after he sent suicidal text messages to family members who reported him missing, sources told Local 6 News.

Meanwhile, Local 6 News learned Thursday that a gas can with apparent duct tape on it that was seized from the home of George and Cindy Anthony, where Casey Anthony and Caylee lived, is being compared to duct tape found over Caylee's mouth because the tape appears to be identical.

The gas can was seized by investigators Aug. 1 from the Anthony home. Local 6 News showed video of the metal gas can, which appeared to have silver duct tape on it.

George Anthony Found Safe After Threatening Suicide: VIDEO
http://www.clickorlando.com/video/18549851/index.html

Jose Baez: Casey Anthony 'Holding Up' After Father's Suicide Threats: VIDEO
http://www.clickorlando.com/video/18549643/index.html

911 Call Released Of George Anthony Reported Missing
http://www.clickorlando.com/video/18549911/index.html

Local 6: George Anthony Found Safe; Suicide Note Located: VIDEO
http://www.clickorlando.com/video/18547175/index.html

PHOTOS: Suicide Threat
http://www.clickorlando.com/slidesho...ews&dm=ss&tn=b

Article:
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18543583/detail.html

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #588 on: January 24, 2009, 08:17:00 AM »

Sources: George Anthony Took Sleeping Pills; Suicide Note Found In Car

UPDATED: 4:18 pm EST January 23, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The father of Casey Anthony, who is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee, had alcohol in his motel room and took several sleeping pills prior to being found by authorities after he sent suicidal text messages to family members who reported him missing, sources told Local 6 News.
VIDEO: Local 6 Team Report | PHOTOS: Suicide Threat
George Anthony remains hospitalized Friday after undergoing psychiatric evaluation. He was reported missing late Thursday night from his Orange County home but was located a few hours later at the Hawaii Motel on U.S. Highway 1 in Daytona Beach.

"He had text-messaged family members that he wanted to end his life," Daytona Beach Police Chief Mike Chitwood said.

Local 6 News reported that an unfinished three-page suicide note was also found in George Anthony's car.

"I'm being told by sources close to the investigation that the note included wording like 'I want to go be with Caylee,'" Local 6 News reporter Jessica D'Onofrio said.

Local 6 News showed video of the motel room in which George Anthony was staying. A cardboard container of a 12-pack of beer was in the room with four unopened bottles in the refrigerator. A brown blanket apparently belonging to the Anthony family was also shown atop the hotel room bed.

George Anthony's wife, Cindy Anthony, and their attorney, Brad Conway, reported him missing after he failed to arrive at a 4 p.m. Thursday meeting with them, officials said.

On the 911 call Conway placed Thursday, he said he was worried that George Anthony had "done something to himself."

"George has been gone since 8:30 this morning, and he has several bottles of medication from his house as well, and some pictures. We're worried that something ... that he's done something to himself," Conway told the 911 dispatcher.

No weapons were found with George Anthony, who is a former sheriff's deputy in Ohio. He also had his blood-pressure medication with him.

Conway insinuated that authorities helped save George Anthony's life.

"George has been through a lot. The entire Anthony family has been through a lot. George is OK. Thank God," Conway said. "Had it not been for a cooperative effort between Orange County and Volusia County, I don't know what the outcome would have been."

At a Friday afternoon news conference, Conway asked the public and media to respect what the Anthonys are going through.

"This has been nothing less than hell," Conway said. "The loss of their granddaughter has been difficult."

Conway reiterated that his clients have not profited in any way from Caylee's death and they have not been accused of any wrongdoing by authorities.

George Anthony was taken to Halifax Medical Center under Florida's Baker Act, which provides for involuntary hospitalization for those considered serious threats to themselves or others. The hospital can hold Anthony for up to 72 hours.

"Currently, he has been stabilized. He has been moved up to a room and admitted here at Halifax Health," hospital spokeswoman Salina Wang said on Friday afternoon. "Right now we're not commenting on any mental issues that he may or may not have. He is undergoing medical evaluation."

Authorities said they used cell phone pings to track George Anthony to the Bethune Point area of Daytona Beach, and his car was later found in the motel parking lot.

Chitwood, who drove George Anthony to the hospital, told Local 6 News that he had expected to find him dead. He also said that George Anthony did not want to leave the hotel but did so after being issued an ultimatum.

Chitwood also said that George Anthony told him he went to Daytona Beach because he was "broke" and said, "You don't know what I'm going through."

"It's a sad story. It's sad for everybody involved," Chitwood said.

Conway said Cindy Anthony was OK when he was asked about her well-being. He said she will be going to visit her husband at some point but did not specify a time.

"I think I've said this a lot of times. (She's doing) as well as can be expected, but she's good," Conway said. "George is safe, and he's with us, so it's all good."

Casey Anthony, 22, who remains jailed on first-degree murder charges in the death of Caylee, was informed of the situation involving her father by health staff members at the Orange County Jail.

Her attorney, Jose Baez, visited Casey Anthony at the jail Friday morning but would not comment about her reaction to the news.

"I've been strict about not commenting about her reaction to things like that while she's going through this process," Baez said. "She's holding up. That's the best I can say right now."

Baez said he would get her help if it was determined that she needed any psychological assistance.

Also on Friday, Orange County Circuit Judge Stan Strickland ordered Casey Anthony to attend all future court proceedings. The next hearing is scheduled for Jan. 30 at 8:30 a.m.

Duct Tape, Trash Bag Link?

Meanwhile, Local 6 News learned Thursday that a gas can with apparent duct tape on it that was seized from the home of George and Cindy Anthony, where Casey Anthony and Caylee lived, is being compared to duct tape found over Caylee's mouth because the tape appears to be identical.

Caylee's remains were found Dec. 11 by an Orange County meter reader in some woods less than a half-mile from the Anthony home.

The gas can was seized by investigators Aug. 1 from the Anthony home. Local 6 News showed video of the metal gas can, which appeared to have silver duct tape on it.

George Anthony told investigators that Casey Anthony had his gas cans in the trunk of her car in mid-June after he reported them stolen. The gas can would have been in the same trunk where detectives believe Caylee's body was for at least two days, Local 6 News reported.

Documents released by the state attorney's office this week revealed that the Caylee's mouth was covered with silver duct tape that had been adorned with a heart-shaped sticker.

The reports also showed that duct tape was attached to her hair, and the girl's remains were placed in a laundry-hamper bag and then secured in a plastic garbage bag before they were left in the woods.

Also, shortly after the discovery of Caylee's remains, detectives twice searched the Anthony home for any evidence connected to the crime scene. Local 6 News has learned that investigators took plastic bags that look the same as the black trash bag with yellow handles in which Caylee's remains were found.

The trash bag in which Caylee's body was placed is also identical in appearance to a bag Cindy Anthony gave to detectives in July, Local 6 News reported.

Local 6 News has learned that investigators are confident of the connection between the home and the crime scene, but it will take laboratory tests to conclusively link the bag to the one found in the woods.

Caylee was 2 years old when she was reported missing in mid-July, a month after she was last seen alive.

Months ago, a woman was seen taking trash from the curb outside the Anthony home. The trash was in a black plastic trash bag.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18543583/detail.html#-

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #589 on: January 26, 2009, 08:02:55 PM »

Officer.com Home > Investigation

The Body in the Trunk
it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car...

Posted: Monday, January 26, 2009

DR. DOUG HANSON
Forensics Contributor

The call came into the Orlando, Florida 911 operator on July 15, 2008 from Cindy Anthony who had earlier reported her granddaughter missing, "I found my daughter's car today, and it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car”. Over the next few weeks the mystery of what happened to little three year old Caylee Anthony would deepen as investigators tried to sort out the details of the convoluted story that the child's mother and the police's chief suspect, Casey Anthony, would tell about the disappearance of her beautiful, little daughter. Later the grandmother would change her story and say it was a pizza that had been in the trunk for two weeks and had maggots on it that had caused the smell.

What's in the Trunk
Orlando Police investigators said it was definitely the smell of human decomposition they found when they investigated the car both at the home and later at the police impound center. The smell of a decomposing human body is an overwhelmingly putrid smell that can not be mistaken or mimicked by any other smell. That smell is, like the scream of a mountain lion in the dark mountain woods, one of those things you never forget. A smell that makes even the most seasoned investigators sick at times. In addition, two trained cadaver-dogs hit on the car trunk area when brought into the investigation.

Analyzing the Evidence
Samples of air from the car trunk, samples of carpet, and dirt samples from the trunk floor were sent to the laboratory of Dr. Arpad Vass at Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee for odor analysis of the organic chemicals in the samples. Dr. Vass' laboratory is world recognized as a leader in the analysis of chemical components found upon decomposition of human and animal bodies. His lab is used by the FBI and works in conjunction with investigators at the Body Farm in Knoxville. Tennessee. The same body farm which is devoted to the study of all aspects of the decomposition of the human body is operated by the University of Tennessee.

Samples of air and carpet were prepared for analysis by gas chromatography/mass spectroscopy analysis. Blank samples of air from around the car, as well as, carpet removed from similar make of car were used to establish background blanks. In addition, a pizza, with mushrooms and pepperoni, was also allowed to decompose and samples were taken from it for analysis. It should be noted that no maggots appeared on the decaying pizza during the decomposition period.

All samples were analyzed and the results compared against a library of over 192,000 known, unique chemical compounds. In addition, the results were compared to chemicals contained in the Decompositional Odor Analysis Database (DOA) which contains 424 uniquely identifiable volatile chemicals from there various stages of human decomposition. Compounding the forensic analysis of a body in a car trunk is the fact that gasoline and its many volatile breakdown products are always present in a car's trunk air and carpet. In addition, cleaners, engine additives, waxes etc may be present in a car and leave behind their unique volatile chemicals. These chemicals can many times mask the results for a specific chemical odor from the decaying body.

The Critical Findings
A total of fifty-four compounds were identified in samples from the car trunk. Of them, eighty percent (43 compounds) were consistent with a decompositional event. It is common to find a number of fluorinated chemical in decaying body samples. These were no found in these samples. However, since the assimilation of these compounds in tissues of the body takes place over an interval of many years, it is likely that a three-year-old child would not have had enough time to accumulate significant amounts of these compounds in her body tissues.

Decomposition can occur under aerobic (oxygen present) or anaerobic (limited oxygen present) conditions. The pattern of volatile chemical present in a sample varies depending on whether air is present or not present. In the analysis of the Anthony's car trunk several of the chemicals identified are consistent with decomposition that occurred under anaerobic conditions. This would be consistent with a body decaying left for a number of days in a car trunk in the hot Florida sun where limited fresh air would be present. When the child's body was finally found in December of 2008 her skeletal remains were found in a black plastic trash bag. If here body was in the car trunk also in the plastic bag them the chances of decomposition by the anaerobic route would be greatly enhanced.

Some compounds revealed in the chemical profile of the air and carpet samples are compounds which are exclusively found with decomposing human bodies and not found with decomposing animal bodies. This essentially rules out the argument by the child's mother that an animal had gotten into her car trunk and died and decayed there. The final decision that the decomposition of a human body had occurred in Casey Anthony's car trunk was based on the analytical results of five specific chemicals. These compounds are all found in the very early stages of decomposition which would be consistent with the fact that the body was removed from the car trunk before the car was found.

The Conclusion
Four of the five compounds can occur with either anaerobic or aerobic decomposition. These compounds are: carbon disulfide, trimethyl trisulfide, dimethyl disulfide, and carbon tetrachloride. The fifth compound, chloroform, is primarily found in situations where the decomposition occurs in oxygen deprived or anaerobic conditions. One of the compounds, carbon tetrachloride, is considered a human specific decomposition marker and is not seen in the decomposition of animal carcasses.

Nearly all of the chemicals found in early stage decomposition were detected in the trunk samples. Compounds usually found in late stage decomposition of a body were not present in the trunk samples. This supports the notion that the body was only present in the car trunk for a relatively short period of time. Several compounds routinely found with decomposing animal remains were not present in the car trunk samples supporting the conclusion that this had been a human body and not an animal in the trunk.

This case of the tragic death of a small child demonstrates how continuing advances in forensic chemical analysis are aiding the investigators in developing clues and the prosecutors in developing effective prosecutions of criminals who commit these sort of heinous crimes.

http://www.officer.com/web/online/Investigation/The-Body-in-the-Trunk/18$45105

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #590 on: January 26, 2009, 08:38:34 PM »

Lee Anthony's Attorney Says Client May Be Charged
Attorney: Lee Anthony Could Face Obstruction Of Justice Charges

UPDATED: 7:21 pm EST January 26, 2009

Lee Anthony’s attorney is speculating that his client may be charged in connection with his actions while his niece, Caylee Anthony, was missing.

Casey Anthony, Lee Anthony’s sister, is charged with Caylee’s murder. Caylee was 2 when she was reported missing in July. Her remains were found near the Anthony family home in December.

His attorney, Tom Luka, said the fact that Lee Anthony has not received a subpoena to testify could signal that the state may be looking to file charges against him. If he was subpoenaed, anything he said at a hearing could not be used against him in subsequent criminal charges.

"There were a number of instances where he was acting on behalf of his sister, or on behalf of law enforcement, that now could be seen as something less than benign or could be seen as hindering the investigation instead of assisting it," Luka said.

Luka said he fears his client may be charged with obstruction of justice or evidence tampering.

Lee Anthony has also been under other family related stresses, his attorney said.

"He’s struggling with the grief of the death of his niece, he is struggling with the fact that his sister, who he is very close to, is in jail and facing life in prison," Luka said. "He is facing the fact that the economic situation in his house is not the best."

Lee Anthony has been working 18-hour days arranging parking areas for the Super Bowl. He also moved home to save money on rent.
http://www.wesh.com/news/18565575/detail.html

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #591 on: January 27, 2009, 02:36:17 PM »

Promotions company suspends launch of Caylee Anthony doll
Amy L. Edwards | Sentinel Staff Writer
10:25 AM EST, January 27, 2009

The Jacksonville promotions company that announced plans Monday to sell a doll inspired by Caylee Marie Anthony is now suspending its launch.

In an e-mail statement this morning, Showbiz Promotions president Jaime Salcedo stated: "After reviewing the response to our media introduction of the Sunshine Caylee Doll and listening to the advice of the general public…We feel that is it (sic) best to suspend the launch of The Sunshine Caylee Doll."

The company planned to start selling "The Inspirational Caylee Sunshine Doll" today for $29.99. The doll plays the song "You Are My Sunshine" when her bellybutton is pushed.

The blond, 18-inch doll wears jeans and a T-shirt depicting a sun and the phrase: "CAYLEE SUNSHINE."

Salcedo told the Orlando Sentinel on Monday that the doll purposely does not look like the slain toddler, whose remains were found near her east Orange County home last month, because that would be too morbid.

News of the product outraged the attorney representing Caylee's grandparents, George and Cindy Anthony.

"This is an example of another person trying to profit from the tragedy of Caylee's death," lawyer Brad Conway said Monday. "He has never met my clients, spoken to my clients and has not gotten authority of any type to do this. And after I have a chance to research it, I will likely take whatever legal action I can."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-caylee-anthony-doll-012709,0,4753203.story

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #592 on: January 30, 2009, 06:06:03 AM »

Remains may have been somewhere else first 

Last Edited: Thursday, 29 Jan 2009, 9:34 PM EST 

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) -- A former Los Angeles Police homicide detective does not believe the woods where Caylee Anthonys’ remains were found are the first place someone left her after she died.

Mark Fuhrman, who is now a forensic and crime scene consultant for Fox News Channel, has been following the Caylee case since day one. Fuhrman’s theory is that Caylee died on June 16th, that it was an accident, and that Casey Anthony didn’t know what to do after it happened.
VIDEO:--Remains may have been somewhere else first
“When the body was put in the trunk of her car, the body was decomposed,” he said. “We do know that there is soil that’s in the trunk of the car. That’s important because that means the child either has to be in contact with soil, where moisture that holds soil onto the bag or it was immersed in some kind of soil, taken out and put in the trunk.”

Fuhrman believes that’s what happened the 25th or 26th of June. George Anthony was next to Casey’s car on June 24th, when he found his stolen gas cans in the trunk, but he never mentioned the smell of a dead body. It is believed that Casey ditched the car on the 27th.

“The car,” Furhman says, “Is key. The one hair that shows decomposition is intermingled with a stain that is believed to be bodily fluid in the lower left fender well.”

Furhman said he thinks it’s a very tight forensic case and Casey has done everything she possibly could to put herself in prison. Furhman added that the soil will help trace where the body was, especially if it matches any soil found on Casey’s shoes, which were taken into evidence.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=8327903&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #593 on: January 30, 2009, 01:55:48 PM »

TODAY's Court Hearing

http://www.wftv.com/video/18603229/index.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #594 on: January 30, 2009, 02:28:26 PM »

Anthony Attorney Plans To Seek Change Of Venue
Judge Rules On Motions In Casey Anthony Case

UPDATED: 12:40 pm EST January 30, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Attorney Jose Baez said Friday he will file a motion to move Casey Anthony’s trial to another city, even as prosecutors said it could be later this year before the case is ready.

Baez made his comments at the end of hearing on several motions on Friday morning.

“It’s too far out in front of us,” Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland said during the discussion about a change of venue, but added that he would set a hearing once Baez files his motion.

Anthony arrived in court in a gray suit, a contrast to recent times when she arrived in jail garb. Before the hearing began, she smiled and motioned to several people, but mostly sat without emotion. (Images From Court)

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in connection with the death of her daughter, Caylee Marie, whose remains were found in east Orange County last month.

The case has generated widespread local and national media coverage, which Baez has said could make it difficult to find an unbiased jury. He said he plans to file for the change of venue soon, which could move the case to another city in Florida.

During the hearing, prosecutor Linda Drane-Burdick said the case might not be ready for trial until later this year. Earlier, the case was set for trial this month, and then changed to March.

Drane-Burdick said the time frame made the discussion of a change of venue premature, but Baez disagreed.

Strickland ruled on other motions on Friday, including denying a defense motion to remove prosecutors from the case.

He did agree to give the defense access to the woods where Caylee’s remains were found, but he put off a defense motion to get evidence from Texas EquuSearch, the group that searched several locations for Caylee.

Strickland said he would rule on that motion later Friday.

Caylee Appears Again On Cover Of People

This Friday's issue of People Magazine features a cover story titled "Caylee's Family Secrets."

The article, written by Steve Helling, Bill Hewitt and Amy Green, delves into issues within the Anthony family.

The article addresses alleged marital issues between Casey Anthony's parents, George and Cindy Anthony, which go back several years, before Caylee went missing. It also discusses the strained relationship between Casey Anthony and her parents, the connection between the Anthony family home and the items found with Caylee's remains and George Anthony's suicide scare.

The author promises a shocking new twist and new information from a law enforcement source.

Here is an excerpt from the article: "It may also turn out that the items found with Caylee that can be linked to the Anthony home, such as a blanket and a toy horse, undercut Casey's contention that she dropped her daughter off with a babysitter, then went a month while the child was supposedly missing before authorities were notified."

"It just means that whoever did it would have had access to the home. That makes you wonder about a nanny who would have had to enter the home many different times to get that to happen and that's why the police feel that they have the right person in custody," Helling said.

http://www.wesh.com/news/18601579/detail.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #595 on: January 30, 2009, 02:29:25 PM »

The latest National Enquirer dated 2/09/09

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #596 on: January 30, 2009, 05:54:55 PM »

Casey Anthony Judge Denies Request For EquuSearch Records 
Friday, January 30, 2009 5:09:32 PM

The Latest From Court:

4:00 p.m. - Late Friday afternoon, Judge Stan Strickland denied Casey Anthony's attorney's request to subpoena the records of Texas EquuSearch.

9:10 a.m. - Court hearing concludes.

9:09 a.m. - Brad Conway, the lawyer for George and Cindy Anthony asks to be heard. He said his clients wanted to be in court this morning but the events of the last two weeks prevented them. Conway said they were asking the court to expedite its decision on the Texas EquuSearch motion and on releasing discovery out of compassion for their daughter and for them. He said they waive any conflict of interest for Mark NeJame who first worked for them before becoming the lawyer for Texas EquuSearch.

9:08 a.m. - Judge says he is looking to the defense and prosecution in determining when to set a trial date. Next trial date status not set.

9:07 a.m. - Judge said he would set a hearing on a change of venue when it is determined when the trial date will begin.

9:06 a.m. - Baez says he still has a lot of discovery to go through. Prosecution says they don't think they will be ready for trial until later in the year.

9:04 a.m. - Judge addresses setting a trial date.

9:02 a.m. - Judge says this is a Florida Bar matter. He denied the motion to recuse the prosecutors.

9:01 a.m. - State of Florida says defense has not proved prejudice against Casey Anthony on the part of the prosecutors and have not proven they have violated her 6th Amendment right to counsel.

9:00 a.m. - State of Florida says they filed a motion to deny defense's emergency motion to remove prosecutors because they violated her 6th Amendment rights.

8:52 a.m. - Judge hears motion from defense attorney Linda Baden to remove prosecutors from the case.

8:48 a.m. - Judge hears motion to strike State of Florida's motion to strike defense witness list. State of Florida says it has been settled and motion is moot.

8:47 a.m. - NeJame says Baez was inappropriate for contacting Texas EquuSearch for records directly instead of going through the organization's lawyer.

8:44 a.m. - Judge says he will make a ruling by the end of the day Friday. Said if he rules against Nejame, he can refile without prejudice.

8:43 a.m. - Judge takes the request for Texas EquuSearch's files under advisement. Will make ruling when he gets more information.

8:40 a.m. - Mark NeJame, lawyer for Texas EquuSearch, requests the judge reject defense's request for records from Texas Equusearch regarding the search for Caylee.

8:37 a.m. - Judge grants defense's motion to inspect property where Caylee's body was found, even though property owner's mother told Baez he could not enter the property.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/1/30/casey_anthony_ready_to_face_court.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #597 on: January 31, 2009, 03:37:35 PM »

Public memorial for Caylee Anthony tentatively set 

Last Edited: Saturday, 31 Jan 2009, 6:46 AM EST 
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) -- The Anthony family announced late Friday that if they have the remains of their granddaughter, the First Baptist Orlando will host the public memorial service for Caylee Marie Anthony. The date and time is tentatively set for 10 a.m. on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 in the main Worship Center of their John Young Parkway Campus.

The lawyer for the Anthony family, Brad Conway cautioned that the date may change since the family has yet to receive the actual remains.

Caylee Anthony was 2 years old when she disappeared last summer. Her remains were found near the Anthony family home in December. Her mother Casey Anthony is being held in the Orange County Jail awaiting trial on first degree murder charges.

The case has captured worldwide attention and many people have waited since December 11th of last year when the remains were found, to learn when a memorial service would be held. The remains of the toddler were first in the possession of the Orange county Medical examiner then the defense team.

Casey Anthony’s parents and the grandparents of Caylee, George and Cindy Anthony had said through a family spokesperson that they had been actively preparing for a public and private memorial service and were only waiting on the remains to be released to them.

“I believe God placed First Baptist Church of Orlando here in Central Florida to make a difference in this community, and to love this community. We believe our purpose is to be a lighthouse, especially in difficult and dark times. One of those times is now as we have all been saddened by the death of Caylee Anthony.

Dr. David Uth, Senior Pastor of First Baptist Orlando, said in a statement.

“As a church, we want to provide hope, healing and the opportunity to experience Gods love. We believe that hosting the service will give us the opportunity to minister to a family in need and to a community that is hurting because of the loss of this precious child,” he added.

According to the press release, specific details about the service will be released as soon as additional information is available.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=8331956&version=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #598 on: January 31, 2009, 03:52:35 PM »

Orlando Sentinel (Florida)

January 31, 2009 Saturday

Caylee's memorial service on hold -- mom in court

For a few moments on Friday evening, it seemed that a memorial service for slain toddler Caylee Marie Anthony was about to happen and that the little girl whose disappearance has captivated the country would finally be put to rest.

Not so.

An attorney representing Caylee's grandparents said a news release issued by First Baptist Orlando incorrectly stated that a public memorial service would be held Feb. 10 at the 5,000-seat church on John Young Parkway.

"Until her remains are released, we cannot set a definite date," attorney Brad Conway, representing grandparents George and Cindy Anthony, said Friday night.

The church sent an update reiterating that it would host a service but deleting the time and date. Church spokesman Scott Link told the Orlando Sentinel that the Anthonys sanctioned the service after attending the church at Christmastime.

The release quoted senior pastor David Uth as saying, "We believe that hosting the service will give us the opportunity to minister to a family in need and to a community that is hurting because of the loss of this precious child."

The Anthony saga continued Friday with an announcement from the Orange County Jail revealing that a wristband inscribed "Forever in our hearts Caylee Marie Anthony" was confiscated by jail workers. An attorney representing Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, brought it Wednesday with clothing she was going to wear to court.

The white rubber wristband with purple lettering was found Friday with blue pants and a gray blazer left for Anthony, 22, by attorney José Baez, jail spokesman Allen Moore said. A lawyer working with Baez on the case, José Garcia, said the firm would have no comment.

But a spokesman for Baez, who goes by the name Todd Black, said Cindy Anthony, not Baez, provided the clothing. Conway denied that.

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:919543225&start=2

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #599 on: February 03, 2009, 09:57:08 AM »

Lee Anthony gets deposition notice 

Last Edited: Monday, 02 Feb 2009, 10:27 PM EST 

Lee Anthony, brother of accused murderer Casey Anthony.  SideBar

FOX 35 News
ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) --   The attorney representing the woman in a defamation suit against Casey Anthony wants to depose Casey's brother, Lee, in hopes of shedding light in the civil case.

Keith Mitnik wants answers to questions on behalf of his client,  Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez.  Fernandez Gonzalez shares the same name as the woman whom Casey claims abducted her daughter, Caylee Marie, in July of last year.

"I need people under oath, where they're required to tell me the truth, and I want to ask the questions.  We've got one reason.  I want to clear our client's name and I want to do it as fast as we can," said Mitnik.

"I was very surprised,"  said attorney Thomas Luka, who is representing Lee Anthony, adding his client is not going to be of much use in this case.  "I've had extensive conversations with him about this.  He has indicated to me that he does not know anything other than the fact that his sister has used a babysitter, but he did not know specific names or anything like that."

Mitnik says he has an extensive list of questions for Lee Anthony.  "Merely,  do you know this woman? What can you tell me about her?

When asked if he would take the opportunity to inquire about Casey Anthony's murder case, Mitnik responded,  "I'll probably ask them some questions about it, and only because if there's any info that points to someone else that hurt this child, then it's not my client."

Lee Anthony's deposition is scheduled for February 27th.  His parents Cindy and George Anthony are scheduled for depositions on February 26th.

More details emerge in memorial service for Caylee

For more than six weeks, George and Cindy Anthony have been waiting to take possession of the remains of their granddaughter, whose body was discovered in December in a wooded area within a mile of their East Orange County home. Until Casey's defense team completes their examination of the body, they will have to wait.

But FOX 35 has learned that behind the scenes, Cindy has been busy making preparations for a public memorial, tentatively scheduled for February 10 at the First Baptist Church of Orlando.

The sanctuary can hold up to five thousand guests and is pre-wired for video, so media oulets can record the service without being too intrusive.  The same location was used in 1999 to publicly memorialize PGA golfer Payne Stewart, who died after a private jet in which he was travelling depressurized while en route from Orlando to Dallas.

Sources tell FOX 35 that Cindy has selected flowers that will sit on the altar and Caylee's grandmother has chosen music for the service.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=8338910&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.