March 28, 2024, 11:48:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine McCann Missing-Praia Da Luz, Portugal 3/05/07 #2  (Read 428985 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2009, 07:58:35 AM »

McCanns launch new appeal for missing daughter
ABC - March 25, 2009, 2:44 pm
The parents of missing British girl Madeleine McCann are launching a new appeal for information, focusing on the area where she went missing in Portugal.

Around 10,000 leaflets written in Portuguese will be handed out and posted through letterboxes in Praia da Luz and other parts of southern Portugal over the next fortnight.

The campaign will be backed up with billboards and advertising on three buses and a van.

The official Find Madeleine Fund said in a statement: "At the time of Madeleine's disappearance the emphasis was placed more on international appeals, and it has been recognised that the local Portuguese residents of Praia da Luz and the surrounding areas have never been properly asked about information they may have to give."

Madeleine McCann was nearly four when she went missing from her family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz on May 3 2007.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/world/5435202
video report at link

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
k9ohana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2009, 11:36:17 AM »

This case, as are most, is very haunting to me. The frustration and panic her parents must feel every waking second must be over whelming.
I keep hoping that I will turn on the morning news and see that happy face with those amazing eyes ginning back at me in the arms of her parents, safe, warm and ready to heal.
I am glad this thread is here, give another place for me to follow up and find more info on this missing little soul.

My Dad always told me "If you're not part of the solution, You're part of the problem".
So which is it, solution or problem?
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2009, 09:05:15 AM »

I received this via email.  If this website is somehow inappropriate mods, please remove it.  I have never visited this site before.

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.com/

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2009, 11:01:08 AM »

the disappearance of Madeleine McCann is what brought me to forums of missing persons/children....she haunts me to this day....I still think that she is alive...have never doubted that for some reason...I feel that she will be found one day and we will all find out what really happened to her...

k9ohana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2009, 01:25:13 PM »

On May 4th Oprah will have Madeleine McCann's parents on the show.

My Dad always told me "If you're not part of the solution, You're part of the problem".
So which is it, solution or problem?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2009, 05:50:13 PM »

On May 4th Oprah will have Madeleine McCann's parents on the show.

thanks! I will be anxious to see this show...

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2009, 07:33:32 AM »

I received this via email.  If this website is somehow inappropriate mods, please remove it.  I have never visited this site before.

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.com/

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.com/2009/04/leicestershire-police-protect-mccanns.html

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2009, 12:32:50 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518675,00.html

Madeleine McCann's Parents Release Photo of How She Might Look Now
Friday, May 01, 2009 

A striking image of how Madeleine McCann might look now, if still alive, has been released by her parents.

The picture was sent out ahead of the second anniversary of her disappearance.

Gerry and Kate McCann employed a forensic imaging artist to produce a photographic impression of how the youngster would have aged in the two years since she disappeared.

It will be used on posters to be distributed worldwide, as part of the couple's continuing search for their little girl.

(snipped)

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2009, 09:13:39 PM »

OPRAH WILL BE INTERVIEWING MADELINE MCCANN'S PARENTS ON TOMORROWS SHOW 5/4/2009.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 09:17:24 PM by San » Logged
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2009, 09:18:42 PM »

I will be watching the Oprah show tomorrow...4:00 for me...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2009, 10:02:44 PM »

Geraldo at Large is talking about Madeleine right now...Kimberly Garfoyle (spelling?) is hosting the show...

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2009, 01:35:22 PM »

A prowler spotted outside Madeleine McCann's holiday apartment was yesterday revealed as a new prime suspect in the hunt for the missing girl.
The heavily scarred stranger was seen five times in the four days before the three-year-old disappeared, prompting fears he could have been watching the McCann family.

Although he was seen by four witnesses, each of whom gave statements to Portuguese police, astonishingly it has taken almost two years for their accounts to be linked.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1178177/Did-man-Madeleine-New-ugly-prime-suspect-prowler-seen-outside-McCanns-apartment.html

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2009, 04:24:54 PM »

New Probe Yields Image of Madeleine McCann Suspect
By Simon Perry

Originally posted Thursday May 07, 2009 08:45 AM EDT
Madeleine McCann (left) and artist's impression of a suspicious man seen by witnesses
Photo by: AP(2) 
Could a sketch of a man seen near the apartment where Madeleine McCann vanished two years ago provide new clues in the hunt to find the child?

At least, that is the hope of her parents, Gerry and Kate McCann, who are participating in a new film alongside a team of detectives they hired to help re-investigate the case.

So far, those investigators have discovered that some potential witnesses spotted a man, with pockmarked features, watching the holiday apartment in the resort of Praia de Luz, Portugal. It was from there that Madeleine McCann disappeared on May 3, 2007, shortly before her fourth birthday.

The detectives have been combing through files from the case closed by local police last summer. A new film, Cutting Edge: Madeleine Was Here (to be shown Thursday on the U.K.'s Channel 4 at 9 p.m.), follows the probe.

Her parents recognize that Madeleine could have changed. A new image has been released of what she now might look like. But other changes are likely, too. "She could be speaking a different language, she might have her hair different, she might have different interests, but you know she's still our daughter," he mother says in the film.

Retired police detective Dave Edgar, who leads the family's search team, believes an answer lies with the local people in Portugal.

The McCanns have been stepping up their fight to keep Madeleine in the news and fuel a continuing hunt for her around this second anniversary. In a show that recently aired in the U.S., the parents told Oprah Winfrey, "We're really united in our goal and our love of Madeleine and [her younger siblings, twins] Sean and Amelie."

Check out the site for the artist's rendering of the suspect.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20277380,00.html?cnn=yes

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2009, 09:59:14 PM »

A prowler spotted outside Madeleine McCann's holiday apartment was yesterday revealed as a new prime suspect in the hunt for the missing girl.
The heavily scarred stranger was seen five times in the four days before the three-year-old disappeared, prompting fears he could have been watching the McCann family.

Although he was seen by four witnesses, each of whom gave statements to Portuguese police, astonishingly it has taken almost two years for their accounts to be linked.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1178177/Did-man-Madeleine-New-ugly-prime-suspect-prowler-seen-outside-McCanns-apartment.html

creepy looking guy! yuk!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2009, 12:34:38 AM »

Very creepy

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2009, 03:03:43 PM »

7 May 2009 10:32am Add commentsRetired British detectives believe five separate sightings of a suspicious man could hold the key to solving the mystery of Madeleine McCann's disappearance.

Three witnesses saw an odd stranger looking at her family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, in the days before Madeleine went missing over two years ago.

The former policemen have put these previously-unreported accounts together with two better-known sightings of a man carrying a child away from the flat on the night Madeleine vanished.

http://latestnews.virginmedia.com/news/infocus/2009/05/07/new_theory_in_madeleine_mystery?vmsrc=pamread

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2009, 06:36:24 PM »

David M. Smolin, “Child Laundering: How the Intercountry Adoption System Legitimizes and Incentivizes the Practices of Buying, Trafficking, Kidnapping, and Stealing Children,” ExpressO; Wayne Law Review 52.No. 1 (2006): 113-200.

Abstract: This article documents and analyzes a substantial incidence of “child laundering” within the intercountry adoption system. Child laundering occurs when children are taken illegally from birth families through child buying or kidnapping, and then ”laundered” through the adoption system as ”orphans” and then ”adoptees.” The article then proposes reforms to the intercountry adoption system that could substantially reduce the incidence of child laundering.

A MUST READ..

http://law.bepress.com/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3679&context=expresso
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2009, 01:01:15 PM »

McCann: Police Let Kidnapper Go

MADELEINE McCANN Watch: In which Mr Scar Face is named and detectives find five new suspects..

Daily Star: “MADDIE COPS SNUBBED ME OVER SPOTTY”

THE key witness who saw the spotty man suspected of snatching Madeleine McCann says she was ignored by bungling police.

Of him - WTF! Face, the latest and ugliest suspect do far. So who is the women who saw the unforgettable face of the man?

The creepy character was seen watching the McCanns’ holiday apartment three days before the youngster was abducted. The British tourist witness, 36, was so spooked by the sinister stranger she pulled her three-year-old daughter away from him.

Because he was trying to get her?

But even though she was staying three doors from the McCanns she was never spoken to by police. Her apartment was never searched and her evidence was ignored for two years.

As soon as she returned to the UK she went to her local police in Wiltshire and reported the man – now believed by investigators to be part of a two-man abduction team.

There’s another one?

But she was never interviewed. Then Madeleine’s mum Kate, 41, spotted the witness’s details hidden in 17 volumes of police files archived as “unsolved’’ and tracked her down. The woman helped compile an image of the suspect that featured in the Channel 4 documentary Madeleine Was Here.

So the police did take down the witness statement and record it. It was kept in a file marked “unsolved” not “resolved”.

Says the witness:

“I’m angry that vital time looking for this man has been lost. I can’t believe the police did nothing. My husband and I both helped look for Madeleine. When she disappeared we were horrified and wanted to do all we could to help find her.

“I expected police would come to search all the holiday apartments and question everyone – but they didn’t. If they had done I would have told them about this man straight away. He’d stuck in my mind so much.”

A face like that is hard to erase…

“He was very ugly with active acne, a scarred face, big nose, big ears, and dark skin. He looked as if he was just waiting there outside the McCanns’ apartment with no purpose. I didn’t like him.”

Because he was ugly with “active acne”, a big nose, big ears and dark skin? Or because he was looking like he was doing nothing?

The Sun: “Scarface witness: Police ignored me”

A WITNESS who sparked the hunt for a scarfaced suspect in the Madeleine McCann abduction has NEVER been questioned by police.

The woman twice saw a man dubbed “Mr Ugly” loitering near the McCann holiday apartment before Maddie, three, vanished.

She reported the sightings to British cops when she returned home from Portugal, but they failed to follow up her lead. It was only when she received an emotional phone call from Maddie’s mum Kate, 41, nearly two years later that a photo-fit based on her description was put together…

It was only after Kate got in touch that the woman learnt two other witnesses saw an identical man in the resort of Praia da Luz in May 2007. She said: “I can’t believe our three sightings weren’t linked earlier. It took the McCanns to do that.”

The man is identified as a “weirdo” because he pervs at kids and steals them? Or because he has active acne, big ears, a big nose…

Daily Record: “Detectives probe 18 known perverts in search for Madeleine McCann”

DETECTIVES hunting for Madeleine McCann are studying a list of 18 perverts and six sex attacks on kids in the area where she vanished.
X marks the spots.

Ex-cops hired by parents Kate and Gerry also have details of five new suspects following last week’s publicity on the second anniversary of her disappearance.

Five new suspects? Mr Very Ugly. Mr Hideous. Mr Dare You Look, Mr…
Former detective inspector Dave Edgar tells us:

“There are five or six we are focusing in on. We have names for some.”

Spotty.
Ugly.
Paedo Face…

Edgar says it is more than likely Portuguese cops had the kidnapper in their grasp but let him go.

So who is he? And any evidence?

Madeleine McCann: Let’s point the finger.

Pictures Of All The Madeleine McCann Suspects

Go through two years of news or look here and take your time:
http://www.anorak.co.uk/madeleine-mccann/210166.html

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2009, 10:33:53 AM »

Kate and Gerry McCann are suing a detective who claims their daughter Madeleine died in an ‘accident’ at their holiday flat on the night she vanished.

They want to force the pulping of the book The Truth About The Lie, by Goncalo Amaral, who led the police investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance in the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz two years ago.

But a source said the McCanns could be forced to give evidence in court in their action  against Mr Amaral – presenting him with a stage from which to attack the couple.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1183433/McCanns-sue-detective-book-claim-Maddy-died-tragic-accident.html

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2009, 01:19:46 PM »

The parents of Madeleine McCann are going to sue former Portuguese Police Chief Goncalo Amaral for defamation.

Kate and Gerry McCann are taking the action over comments made by the man who previously led the inquiry into Madeleine's disappearance.

In a statement, they said: "We - together with our three children Madeleine, Sean and Amelie - are taking this legal action against Goncalo Amaral over his entirely unfounded and grossly defamatory claims - made in all types of media, both within Portugal and beyond - that Madeleine is not only dead, but that we, her parents, were somehow involved in concealing her body."

The couple, from Rothley, Leicestershire, said they are taking action because his claims that Madeleine is dead are hampering the search for their daughter.

They want a gagging order to prevent further publication of Amaral's "deeply offensive" book "The Truth of the Lie."

The McCanns also want to block broadcast of his TV documentary and publication of his "disgraceful thesis" that they were involved in their daughter's disappearance.

The statement continued: "The primary reason for our legal action is simple: to stop any negative effect that these absurd and deeply hurtful claims may be having on the ongoing search for Madeleine."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,520442,00.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.