April 20, 2024, 07:23:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jailhouse Calls  (Read 13187 times)
crazybabyborg
« on: August 08, 2008, 12:14:52 PM »

Complete Text Of Casey Anthony's Jailhouse Phone Call
Mother-Daughter Exchange Harsh Words In Missing Girl Mystery

POSTED: 6:34 pm EDT July 25, 2008
UPDATED: 3:42 pm EDT July 28, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The following is text from a jailhouse call made by Casey Anthony to her mother ,Cindy, and brother, Lee:

"Casey?" Cindy Anthony said to begin the call.

"Mom," Casey Anthony said. "I just saw your nice little cameo on TV."

"Which one," Cindy Anthony said.

"What do you mean, which one?" Casey Anthony said.

"Which one?" Cindy Anthony said. "I did four different ones, and I haven't seen them all. I've only seen one or two so far."

"You don't know what my involvement is in (inaudible)?" Casey Anthony asked.

"Casey," Cindy Anthony said.

"Mom," Casey Anthony said.

"No, I don't know what your involvement is, sweetheart," Cindy Anthony said. "You are not telling me where she's at."

"Because I don't (expletive) know where she's at," Casey Anthony said. "You are kidding me?"

"Casey, don't waste your call screaming and hollering at me," Cindy Anthony said.

"Waste my call sitting in the jail?" Casey Anthony said.

"Whose fault is it you're sitting in jail?" Cindy Anthony said. "Are you blaming me you are sitting in the jail? Blame yourself for telling lies. What do you mean it is not your fault? What do you mean it's not your fault, sweetheart? If you would have told them the truth and not lied about everything…"

"Do me a favor and just tell me what Tony's number is," Casey Anthony said. "I don't want to talk to you. Forget it."

"I don't have his number," Cindy Anthony said.

"Well, get it from Lee," Casey Anthony said. "I know Lee is at the house. I saw Mallory's car was out front. It was just on the news. They were just live outside the house."

"I know they were," Cindy Anthony said.

"Well?" Casey Anthony said.

"Can you get Tony's number for me so I can call him?" Casey Anthony said.

"Hello?" Casey's brother Lee said.

"Hi," Casey Anthony said. "Can you get me Tony's number?"

"I can do that but I don't know what good it's going to do you at this point," Lee Anthony said.

"Well, I'd like to talk to him any way because I called to talk to my mother and it is a (expletive) waste," Casey Anthony said. "By the way, I don't want any of you coming up here when I have my first hearing for bond and everything. I mean don't even (expletive) waste your time coming up here."

"You know, you are having a real tough year and making it real tough for anybody to want to try to, even if it is giving..." Lee Anthony said.

"See that is just it, every..." Casey Anthony said.

"You are not even letting me finish," Lee Anthony said.

"Go ahead," Casey Anthony said.

"First, you are asking me for Tony's phone number so you can call him and then you immediately want to start pressing toward me and don't even worry about coming up here for all this stuff and trying to cut us out," Lee Anthony said.

"I'm not trying to cut anybody out," Casey Anthony said.

"I'm not going around and around with you," Lee Anthony said. "You know, that is pretty pointless. I'm not going to put everyone else through the same stuff that you've been putting the police and everybody else for the last 24 hours and the stuff you've been putting mom through for the last four or five weeks. I'm done with that. So, you can tell me what's going on. Kristina would love to talk to you because she thinks you will tell her what's going on. Frankly, we are going to find out, whatever is going on is going to be found out. So, why not do it now?"

"There is nothing to find out," Casey Anthony said. "There is absolutely nothing to find out. Not even what I told the detectives. I have no clue where Caylee is. If I knew where Caylee was, do you think that any of this would be happening? No."

"Anyway, you only have a couple of minutes with this so I'm not going to let you completely waste it," Lee Anthony said. "Here is Kristina."

"No, no," Casey Anthony said. "I want Tony's number. I'm not talking to anybody else."

"Hello," Kristina said.

"Hi," Casey Anthony said. "I'm glad everybody is at my house but I'll have to call you later or I'll have to call to get somebody to get your number. Do me a favor and get my brother back because I need Tony's number."

"OK," Kristina said. "Is there anything I can do for you?"

"I'm sitting in jail," Casey Anthony said. "There is nothing anybody can do now."

"I'm just trying to be a…" Kristina said.

"I know you are, honey," Casey Anthony said. "I absolutely know you are and I appreciate it and everything you are trying to do but I'd like to call Tony. He's not at my house is he?

"No," Kristina said. "It's just me and your parents and Lee."

"Well, can you do me a favor and get my brother back so I can get the number from him please?" Casey Anthony said.

"Does Tony have anything to do with Caylee?" Kristina asks.

"No," Casey Anthony said. "Nothing."

"OK, so why do you want to talk with Tony?" Kristina asks. "You probably don't want to tell me, do you?"

"Tony had nothing to do with Caylee," Casey Anthony said.

"Oh, then why do you want to talk with him?" Kristina asks.

"Because he is my boyfriend and I want to actually try and sit and talk to him because I didn't get a chance to talk to him earlier," Casey Anthony said. "Because I got arrested on a (expletive) whim today and because they are blaming me for stuff that I would never do. That I didn't do."

"Well, I'm on your side, you know that?" Kristina said.

"I know that, I just want to talk with Tony and get a little bit of…" Casey Anthony said.

"Casey, you have to tell me if you know anything about Caylee," Kristina said. "If anything happened to Caylee, I'll die -- you understand, I'll die."

"Oh my God," Casey Anthony said. "Calling you guys (was) a waste -- a huge waste. Honey, I love you. You know I'd never let anything happen to my daughter. If I knew where she was, this would not be going on."

"Then how come everyone is saying that you are lying?" Kristina said.

"Because nobody is (expletive) listening to anything that I'm saying," Casey Anthony said. "The media misconstrued everything that I said. The (expletive) detectives pulled (expletive) (expletive). They got all of their information from me but at the same time they are twisting stuff. They already said they are going to pin this on me if they don't find Caylee. They've already said that. They arrested me because they said..."

"They said that the person you left Caylee with doesn't exist," Kristina said.

"Because, oh look, they can't find her in the Florida database," Casey Anthony said. "She is not just from Florida. If they would actually listen to anything that I would have said to them, they would have had their leads. They maybe could have tracked her down. They have not listened to a (expletive) thing that I've said."

"You know that whoever has Caylee, nobody is going to get away with it," Kristina said.

"I know, nobody is going to get away with it but at the same time, the only way they are going to find Caylee is if they actually listen to what I'm saying and I'm trying to help them and they are not letting me help them."

"So, how can I help them find her?" Kristina said. "The best thing you can do baby is to listen to me."

"They need to look up her information in the New York database and a North Carolina database," Casey Anthony said. "And other places that she's lived outside of Florida. That is what I told them, even again today. I told them that four times today. I sat up at the police station. The county police station…"

"Does she have Caylee or did she transfer Caylee to someone else?" Kristina asked.

"Honey, I have not talked with her," Casey Anthony said. "I don't know. I have not talked to her."

"How come everyone is saying that you are not upset and that you are not crying and you show no caring of where Caylee is at all" Kristina asked.

"Because I'm not here (expletive) crying every two seconds because I have to stay composed to talk to detectives, to make other phone calls and do other things," Casey Anthony said. "I can't sit here and be crying every two seconds like I want to -- I can't."

"OK, Casey, don't yell at me, I'm on your side," Kristina said.

"I know you are on my side," Casey Anthony said. I'm not trying to... "

"Nobody is saying anything bad about you," Kristina said. "Your family is with you 100 percent."

"No they're not," Casey Anthony said. "That is (expletive) because I just watched the (expletive) news and heard everything that my mom said. Nobody in my own family is on my side."

"Yes they are," Kristina said.

"They just want Caylee back. That is all they are worried about right now is getting Caylee back," Casey Anthony said. "And you know what, that is all I care about right now."

"Casey, your daughter, your flesh and blood and baby girl.." Kristina said.

"Kristina, please," Casey Anthony said. "Put my brother back on the phone, I don't want to get into this with you right now. I love you honey and I'm glad that you are there. Thank you for your help. I will let you know if there is anything that you can do."

"You can't tell me anybody who can find Caylee?" Kristina asked.

"No," Casey Anthony said. "No because everyone that I've tried and every number that I've called is disconnected --nothing. I can't get a hold of anybody."

"But that girl was the last person to have her?" Kristina said.

"She was the last person to have her," Casey Anthony said. "That was the last time I saw Caylee."

"Lee said he doesn't have Tony's phone number," Kristina said.

"Yes, he does," Casey Anthony said. "He has Tony's number in his phone. He needs to stop (expletive) lying. He just told me a second ago that he'd give me the number."

"So, if I go and get you Tony's number, are you going to finish talking to me?" Kristina said.

"I will call you tomorrow," Casey Anthony said. "I want to talk to him really quick. I wanted to actually try and call Mike. I haven't slept in four days. I have not slept in four days.

"Listen, if you are going to talk to anybody, you can talk to me," Kristina said.

"I know I can talk to you but at the same time, I know that I can talk to Tony and that is who I want to talk to now. I have not gotten the chance to talk to him since this morning. Since all of this stuff happened with trying to set up the MySpace and I made the MySpace,"

"Do you know the password?' Kristina asked.

"I made all of it," Casey Anthony said.

"What's the password to MySpace so we can see if anybody has written any leads of where Caylee might be," Kristina asked.

"You can go online and see it," Casey Anthony said. "As far as messages, I don't know if anybody is going to be messaging."

Casey Anthony then exchanged log-in information with Kristina.

Kristina then gave Casey Anthony Tony's phone number.

"Can Tony tell me anything?" Kristina asked.

"Baby, Tony doesn't know anything, Casey Anthony said. "And, I have not even talked with him since this morning."

"Has Tony seen Caylee?" Kristina asked.

"Tony has not seen Caylee since the beginning of June," Casey Anthony said. "What's Tony's number again?"

Kristina gives the number again.

"Thank you," Casey Anthony said. "I will find a way to call you later. Leave your number at my house with my mother and I can get it either later tonight."

"How can I get a hold of you?" Kristina said.

"I'm at the jail, you can't," Casey Anthony said.

"You don't have a way to write my phone number down?" Kristina said.

"No, I have no way of writing it down," Casey Anthony said. "I have to remember Tony's number. I have to try to memorize his number right now. Just leave your number with my mom and I will try to call you in the morning if I don't get a chance to call you tonight."

"So, how can I find information about that girl?" Kristina asked.

"Have them look up a New York license for Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez," Casey Anthony said. "They've just been looking up the last name Gonzalez or the last name Fernandez. If they look up her entire name, they might actually find her. They have not done that. They haven't listened to anything that I've said."

"How do you spell Zenaida," Kristina said.

"Z-e-n-a-i-d-a," Casey Anthony said.

"Where does she live?" Kristina said. "Because they went and looked at her place and…"

"Baby, you are not telling me anything that I don't already know," Casey Anthony said. "Again, I've only been in jail since about 8:30 tonight. I was with them all day. I know that. I was with officers pretty much since 9 p.m. last night up until this evening when I came up here."

"But you are telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth?" Kristina asked.

"That I have no clue where my daughter is?" Casey Anthony said. "Yes, that is the truth. That is the absolute truth."

"They'll find out and whoever…" Kristina said.

"OK, Kristina, I'm hanging up," Casey Anthony said. "I've need to make this other call before I forget the number. So, I'll call you later."

"OK," Kristina said. "Bye."

VIDEO: http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer2/MediaPlayer.htm?video=CASEYTOCINDYCALL_072520080538&cat=Local&title=Casey%20Calls%20Home%20From%20Jail

« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 12:27:13 PM by crazybabyborg » Logged
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 12:23:01 PM »

Transcript of phone call between Casey and Lee Anthony on July 26th 

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) --
NOTE: There was a phone call prior to this; however Lee was unable to get reception on his cell phone so Casey called the house phone.

LEE: Hey Casey are you there

Hey. Yeah I’m here

LEE: Sorry my cell phone reception is terrible

CASEY: It sucks at the house I know

LEE: I still want you to know that you can call me and I’ll try you know get as much out there as I can before anything, what ever dies. I know it s not a good situation , you know what can we do. You know

CASEY: Yeah absolutely

LEE: Um, so do you understand what I was trying to say for that, that you know, you can reach out to them and they, I know that you said that when we did visitation and I want you to know that you don’t have to necessarily have to put everything through your attorney if you feel like you wanted to speak to them about anything at all, you can still request that he be there, but he doesn’t have to and you don’t have to do that through him

CASEY: Oh I know. But that’s something we had talked about yesterday actually

LEE: Ok good. Do you plan on speaking with any of those guys at all?

CASEY: We’re going to set up a meeting for Monday, Jose was going to think about stuff, how we were going to set things up over the weekend. He was going to be here with me when we bring then in, um, you know and as far as what I answer, how I answer, you know how all that goes down he was going to figure that out this weekend. He was actually going to come up either today or tomorrow and bring a couple of the videos I guess for me to watch from some of the news stuff that’s been going on, I guess some of the talk shows. Just to try to update me on some of the stuff. Plus he wanted me wanted me to get a good laugh.

LEE: Well here’s the thing, don’t put too much stock in and faith into anything that the media is putting out there because you’ve got to understand they get the information they speculate on information and then, you know, you put something out there so they can fill their clips.

CASEY: Oh I know. I actually caught a little bit of it. I mean I only got to see maybe an eighth of the TV, but I can see the pictures and stuff that were coming up last night. I just caught a little bit of that, between the 10 and 11 o’clock news.

LEE: Here’s an FYI for you, so you can conduct yourself accordingly. Everything is public record, including this phone call, including, um the visitation videos, all that stuff is going to end up being released at some point.

CASEY: Oh I know,

LEE: I had no knowledge of that what so ever

They told me that yesterday

LEE: They told me that after we did that, so. Um so there’s obviously some things that I would have asked in a different way.

CASEY: Yeah, absolutely

LEE: And I don’t want you to you know feel for any reason that we’re not on your side about anything, cause we are, about everything. We’re completely behind you. And being completely behind you our entire focus, all our days, every second of every day is consumed with ‘What can we do to find Caylee’.

CASEY: Yes absolutely

LEE: So, is there anything? I know we had spoken before and you understand how all this works, now. but do you have anything that you can, you know, tell me, that would help?

CASEY: There’s nothing I can think of at the moment. I’m actually going to try and get something together, you know today so I can write a couple letters to the family. I’m even going to get with (intelligible) and stuff to see if he does get that directly. But still put out my own specific so if anything happens, if there’s any lapse you still will get what I’m trying to put across too.

LEE: And just remember that if you give it to the attorney….

CASEY: They can read it and choose whether or not to even fix it which is why I’ll do a secondary letter to make sure it’s direct

LEE: Perfect I would encourage that 110 percent. So is there anything specifically, I know you’re going to meet with, you know the investigators and everything, you know. Is there anything specifically the details that you want to clarify to me now so that I’m following up on my own leads and my own information, putting the stuff together, you know then I can start working on it now?

CASEY: Um, at the moment there’s nothing specific or nothing that you know should probably be said here. Um, again I’ll put something together before I see Jose or when I see Jose and you know make sure that I have something also to put out.

LEE: Right.

CASEY: So that way you can get whatever you like

LEE: Ok. And just so remember when you get to talk to those guys um, you know, you mentioned that you’re going to have your prep and everything with Jose. But remember truth don’t hurt.

CASEY: I know but there are some things that I have told them that were misconstrued and not used to their benefit. I gave them the same resources that I gave you and you found out a hundred more things then they did. And they were given the same information. So it’s just about the approach I guess and using the resources to their full extent. Again I’m everybody’s biggest resource; you have said that, Jose has said that, mom and dad have said that.

LEE: Right but at the same time we still we just need to figure out how we can be clear on what ever we’re giving to them, so even if we have to you know speak very direct or we can’t really speak in generalities with them, with anybody is what I’m finding out . Or if we tell them I’m not completely sure on the spelling or I’m not completely sure on this or that. They take everything exactly up front to the ‘T’. Exactly how you provide it. So if it’s off at all they don’t even think to look in any other areas….

CASEY: That’s why I gave them things multiple times. Each officer I gave the same information at least two or three times, I’ve done the same thing with you, the same thing with mom, the same thing with Jose. Everyone has the same information, same spelling, same names. None of that has altered because that’s it 

LEE: What do you think, where do you think. You think Caylee’s ok right now?

My gut feeling? As mom asked me yesterday and even Jose asked me last night, the psychologist asked me this morning that I got through the court, um in my gut she’s still ok. And it still feels like she’s close to home.

LEE: Ok

CASEY: So that’s still my best feeling at the moment, again if that changes, obviously I’m going to reach out and say something immediately. But I know mom will understand this better then anyone that’s there’s that type of bond that you have with your kid and it’s you know unexplainable, absolutely.

LEE: Did you speak with Caylee over the phone at any time?

CASEY: I did one time, yes, and that was actually the day that mom called the police.

LEE: Do you remember what time you spoke to her?

CASEY: Around noon, it was through a private call.

LEE: Um they will beep this out so don’t worry about it, can you give me your log in and password for you AT&T account online so I can pull the remainder of your phone records.

(She relays the information.)

LEE: I have your phone records to a certain extent, but I don’t have through the 15th and 16th so.

CASEY: You don’t have the most current ones

LEE: So that will help me extremely, um, did you ever have, or did you ever call the baby sitter on your cell phone or ever receive a call from the baby sitter on your cell phone number?

CASEY: I most definitely did.

LEE: Can you give me any day or anything whenever you think may have received that?

CASEY: A specific day, um, god a lot of the times it was through text messages so the number would show up even on that, um I can’t think of any specifics. My days are all thrown together at least I know what the day is today, but as far as stuff from the last couple of months I have no exact time or date. If I can think of something.

LEE: Do you remember an area code?

CASEY: Um, the last number she called me from was a 954 number, which is a Fort Lauderdale number?  I know because (NAME) number is also a similar area code. She has also called me from a 407 number, from a 321 number, there’s been different numbers, different times. Not necessarily on different days; but it just depended on the number that she had at the time.

LEE: Ok. Most recently can you remember the number that….

CASEY: The last number that she had called me from wasn’t has a private listing, or that didn’t show up private cell or private call was 954. 

LEE: Ok. Um but even like a private cell of a private number from the most recent one that you can remember, can you remember like what month or anything like that that they were in?

CASEY: Um, the last private call that I received was on the 15th, I believe? That was the day that mom made that call. And I think that was the last one that I had gotten. I mean as far as my knowing someone on the phone when I last had it.

LEE: And do you remember what area code, or any part of that?

CASEY: That was the number that came up. It just said ‘private cell’ or ‘private call’ I can’t remember which one.

LEE: Ok. But whenever you did get to see a number, you said it would either be a 954, or a 407 or 321.

CASEY: Yeah those are the three area codes that I can think of offhand.

LEE: Do you remember any part of any of those numbers that will help me?  Any combination of numbers that will help me?

CASEY: Not at the moment. I’ve been trying to piece together numbers, but the numbers that are coming to mind are numbers from other people that I’ve called frequently and I don’t want to give you someone else’s number on accident. 

LEE: Nope, that’s fine I completely understand, I understand that in today’s day and age you don’t really memorize cell phones since you have it programmed in. Numbers that you program in yourself.

CASEY: Very much so.

LEE: Would she have been programmed in your cell phone?

CASEY: She was, programmed into that other phone that we need to find a way to recover. I mean I don’t know…

LEE: Help me with that actually. You said that you referred to it as you ‘black jack’?

CASEY: Yeah, it was a Black Jack. I’d only had it for probably a week, a week and half. It didn’t keep its charge so that’s why I started using that other phone.

LEE: So on the Black Jack, do you remember the phone number that the Black Jack was associated with?

CASEY: It was my same number; I just swapped the SIM card back and forth.

LEE: Ok, um…Here’s how these things work Casey, the contact information, the contact stuff is on your SIM card, so if you switched it back and forth.

CASEY: It doesn’t always save to the SIM card. You can sometimes save things to the SIM card or save it specifically to the phone, it just depends on the way the phone’s set up I thought about that too. The phone that I was currently using, the one I guess that the police still have, or you guys have it, I had set it up after the fact to just save things to my SIM card but you can also save it to just the phone or to the SIM card and the phone so there’s copy’s on both

LEE: So this Black Jack where did you, you said that you reported it missing, give me the information so I can find this phone.

CASEY: I had it (TALKING TO SOMEONE OFF THE PHONE : yes sir, is he ok. Can you ask him to stay there couple of minutes, because we only have…ok thank you). Um Jose’s actually here. Um. (Expletive), ok the last time I know I had it for certain I was up at Universal.

LEE: For work, or for otherwise?

I was in through the park talking to just a couple of mutual friends of….

LEE: So you were up there for fun or whatever?

CASEY: It wasn’t necessarily fun, but yes not through work at that moment…

LEE: I’ve got you, ok, I understand.

CASEY: I know I had it at Jay Blanchard Park, I don’t remember where the very last place is I had it.

LEE: Where did you get this phone from? Like how was it provided to you?

CASEY: Through the AT&T Store, god, what road? It’s the bottom left side of town kind of near where the mall and stuff is.

LEE: Was this a phone, is this another personal cell phone of yours?

CASEY: Yes.

LEE: Ok, so tell me. So if you lost the physical phone itself, aside from searching for it, how would you go about finding this? How should I go about finding your phone?

CASEY: I don’t know. That’s the thing. I mean. I knew specifically where it was, I mean my last recollection of me having it was at Universal, but I knew that I had also been at Jay Blanchard Park and I could have potentially had it there with me too. I don’t know if you guys have checked through like some of the bags and stuff that I have at the house with me, if it was in one of those purses but I know I kept everything that I had kind of centralized at Tony’s.

LEE: Case, if you had your Black Jack with you and you lost your Black Jack, but you still have your SIM card in your other phone, I’m trying just to figure out why, you wouldn’t lose both, you know what I mean?

CASEY: Well that’s the thing, if it fell out of my bag, if it fell out of my pocket. It’s a decent size phone, almost the size of the phone that you have now. It could have easily fallen out of my purse.

LEE: Would you have had her, or anybody’s information, even Jeff that’s introduced you or Juliet that also or correct me is there anybody else that knew that you were searching for Caylee?

CASEY:  Outside of them, no.

LEE: Ok, outside Zani, Jeff, and Juliet, nobody else knew correct?

CASEY: I hadn’t talked to anyone else about it, no

LEE: Ok, where did you meet Jeff and Juliet from again?

CASEY: Universal.

LEE: When you were working for…

CASEY: Jester Kodak. I could have met Juliet when I was working through Kodak I don’t remember if that’s where we first met I’ve known her also for about two and half, three years.

LEE: How could we verify her? And get in contact with her? Like where does she, Where does she work and all that stuff? By the way we’ve got about a minute left.

CASEY: Ok. She just moved within the last couple of months, I’m trying to figure out where else I can get contact information for her. I know I had her number written down at the house somewhere, where exactly I’m not sure.

LEE: Ok. Did she ever work with you at Kodak or Color Vision?

CASEY: She worked at Universal, yeah.

(Tone: You have one minute left)

LEE: Casey, you got to answer my questions specifically. Did she work with you at Kodak or Color Vision or was she an actual employee of the park?

CASEY: She was an actual employee of the park.

LEE: Ok. And she is Juliette *****. J-U-L-I-E-T-T-E ******. Correct ?   

CASEY: JULIET ****.

LEE: Got it. Ok.

LEE: I think we are getting close Case, is there anything?

Um, offhand no. I’m going to go talk to Jose now, If I can think of anything while I’m with him I’ll write down anything and do whatever I can.

LEE: Ok, you know you can call me or the house. We love you

CASEY: Alright

LEE: And please think of anything that can help find Caylee, because as soon as we can help find her, it’s going to be open and shut to get you out of there, ok darling?

CASEY: Absolutely, I know….

Tone, recording, call ends.

VIDEO: http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer2/MediaPlayer.htm?video=JailHouseCall_072820080657&cat=Local&title=Jail%20House%20Call
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 12:49:37 PM by crazybabyborg » Logged
crazybabyborg
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 12:38:29 PM »

7/31 Call from Casey To Lee

VIDEO: http://www.wftv.com/video/17047592/index.html
crazybabyborg
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 01:02:22 PM »

August 2 Call from Casey To Lee

"Hey Case," Lee Anthony said.

"Hey, I need a favor," Casey Anthony said.

"Sure," Lee Anthony said.

"Can you get a hold of Jose and have him come see me as soon as he can, like today at some point?" Casey Anthony said.  (who is Jose?  Is that a typo?  Do they mean Jessie?  I haven't listened to the call yet)

"Yeah, let me give him a call," Lee Anthony said.

"Yeah, if you could do that, I would greatly appreciate it," Casey Anthony said. "You know, give my love obviously but I only have a minute to talk so…"

"OK, yeah, I'll do that right now," Lee Anthony said.

"OK, I appreciate that," Casey Anthony said.

"All right, love you," Lee Anthony said.

"Love you too," Casey Anthony said.

AUDIO: http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/klaasen3/Sub4/?action=view&current=CF5B15F3_080808phonecall1.flv
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 01:05:10 PM by crazybabyborg » Logged
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 06:04:52 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orl-cell-phone-fighting-crime-102209,0,3130942.story
Use a gadget? They've got your number
Cell phone, BlackBerry, other devices can clue authorities in cases such as Casey Anthony's

By Anthony Colarossi Sentinel Staff Writer

October 22, 2009
Consider the ubiquitous cell phone: It is the one device most of us seem to have and the one easily accessible tool capable of holding — and revealing — large amounts of personal information about its owner.

So there should be no surprise to learn that mobile phones increasingly have become valuable sources for law enforcement conducting criminal investigations.

Name a local criminal case that has made the news recently, and chances are a cell phone was involved: Tracy Ocasio's disappearance. Casey Anthony's prosecution. James Robert Ward's murder case.

As the hand-held devices grow smarter and hold more and various kinds of data, they become something like highly mobile closets: places in which owners' skeletons may hide, but not so far from sight that contacts, images and text conversations cannot be found.

"It's an oracle of information," said Rick Mislan, a professor at Purdue University who teaches courses in Small Scale Digital Device Forensics and Special Topics in Cyber Forensics. Through his consulting operation, Mislan also works with law-enforcement agencies in cell- and smart-phone forensics.
Today's devices, he said, are capable of revealing suspects' friends and colleagues, their general locations and their thoughts in the forms of voice and text messages. Contacts, call histories and texts remain the most valuable data pulled from phones for law-enforcement and investigative purposes.

"Who do you know? Who have you been talking to? And what are the conversations?" Mislan said. "More and more, they [investigators] are learning that helpful clues are embedded in these devices."

About 80 percent of all crime scenes contain at least one piece of "digital evidence," he said, if you include phones, digital cameras, personal digital assistants, GPS devices and other electronic devices.

The most recent example of such a scene in Central Florida is that of "Bob" Ward, charged with second-degree murder in the Sept. 21 shooting death of his wife, Diane. She was killed in the master bedroom of the couple's Isleworth home.

In the aftermath of the shooting and while he was in custody, Ward used his BlackBerry to call a bankruptcy attorney and family members. He also sent an e-mail stating his wife "killed herself this evening."

Investigators learned of the e-mail from its recipient, leading them to inquire about the rest of the contents of Ward's BlackBerry, court records show.
Phones' potential well-known
The Orange County Sheriff's Office would not comment for this story out of concern that its methods and strategies might be compromised. But the fact that cell phones are becoming a cop's investigative treasure trove is hardly a secret. Hollywood already knows.

HBO's crime saga The Wire dramatized in detail the lengths that police — and criminals they pursued — can go to get and conceal, respectively, information about Baltimore's rampant drug trade.

And Central Florida's recent true-crime history is loaded with examples. Investigators used cell-phone records to trace Melinda Duckett's movements in the aftermath of her then-2-year-old son Trenton's disappearance in 2006. He was reported missing from his Leesburg apartment. But Marion County Sheriff's Office investigators said her phone records placed her in the Ocala area after witnesses reported seeing her with and then without the child.

Trenton Duckett has never been found, and Melinda Duckett killed herself soon after the reported disappearance.

Police also used cell records to isolate what are thought to be the last known movements of Tracy Ocasio. The Ocoee woman was reported missing May 27 after she failed to return home following a night at the Florida Tap Room, a bar in MetroWest. Video from the bar shows her with person of interest James Hataway.

Police found her car blocks from Hataway's home. A call was made from her phone at 4:30 a.m. May27. It was the last call made from her phone, records show. But her cell phone was pinging off of towers yards from Hataway's home.

Neither Ocasio nor her phone has been found.

Danny Banks, chief of investigations for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement in Orlando, said the phones can be helpful in missing-person cases by providing a general range of locations based on the cell-tower pings.

In the case of Casey Anthony, investigators looking into the disappearance of her 2-year-old-daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony, also checked on cell pings. Anthony told her parents she was in Tampa, using the trip as an excuse why they couldn't talk to their granddaughter.
nvestigators later proved Anthony never left Orlando.

"She fabricated this whole story ...," said Cindy Anthony, Casey's mother.

Casey Anthony is in the Orange County Jail, charged with killing Caylee, whose remains were discovered in December.

"We do try to utilize, in the cases of victims, their phone information to look at areas they may have last been in," Banks said. "We try to use that to put together pieces of the puzzle. Unfortunately, it's not an exact science."

And depending on the phone and the availability of records kept by service providers, the data pulled from phones can have limitations.

"It's a tool in the toolbox law enforcement uses to find missing persons," Banks said. "[But] its success is not as frequent as we'd like it to be."

Clip key in Citrus Bowl shooting
In many cases, cell-phone data have been critical to investigations and prosecutions. And it's not limited to phone calls and text messages.
Banks said a "cell-phone clip" was used as evidence in charging a man involved in a deadly 2005 altercation outside the Florida Citrus Bowl. That dispute, documented by the phone, led to the mistaken shooting of University of Central Florida police Officer Mario Jenkins by an Orlando police officer.

Football fan Michael Young pleaded guilty to battering a police officer and obstructing justice in the case. He was sentenced to six months in jail.

"Without that video clip, we probably wouldn't have been able to charge," Banks said.

Cell phones, he noted, are also capable of working against law enforcement by documenting abuse or inappropriate behavior.

"It helps record the truth, period, no matter who that helps or hurts," he said.

With the increased use of phones in criminal investigations, individual privacy concerns likely will emerge, Banks and Mislan said.

Search warrants can and are used to collect data, but police can gain consent from a suspect to access phones. And in certain circumstances, they may get some material — such as numbers dialed by a phone — without a warrant because that information is shared with service providers, and there is no expectation of privacy, Mislan said.

He cited a Chicago case that involved 56,000 text messages. Phones can have hundreds of contacts and 1,000 or more images. These things can hold great value for investigators. And many department forensic labs are getting inundated with requests to pull the data, Mislan said.

"That's why we have a backlog in processing these," said Mislan, who says detectives are increasingly getting trained to work on the phones themselves. "What we're starting to see is a lot of them going after the data themselves."

Anthony Colarossi can be reached at acolarossi@orlandosentinel.com or 352-742-5934.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.