April 23, 2024, 10:56:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it Freedom of Speech or Not??  (Read 11329 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2006, 12:50:27 AM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
I heard a little blip on FOX that President Clinton's lawyers got in touch with ABC.

Who honestly believes that Clinton was strong on terror? All promises and when it came time for action they could not pull the trigger. That is a proven fact.

What common sense person does not think that Clinton was all-consumed with the Monica scandal and impeachment? His political career was in jeopardy, of course that was going to come first.

They said the same thing about Nixon during Water Gate.

Bill Clinton ... still trying to protect a legacy ,,, whatever that may be.

Sending his lawyers out as attack dogs. Sounds like the days when they went after all the women he had been with. Too bad Bill was not interested in the truth when he was in the White House.

Both Administrations made mistakes .. one had 8 years and the other 8 months.

There is a reason why they wanted this hushed ... mid term elections and Hillary in '08.
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2006, 10:13:15 AM »

We have all made mistakes.I do like the way we are handling Iraq,but I also what ahppens if we leave.9/11 was a fubar,pardon me.Great speeches by bubba,no substance.I get more meat out of a tofu burger.We must not forget.cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2006, 07:00:46 PM »

Just saw a comment on FOX about how 'the dems are viewing Bush's war on terror as a political ploy and not as a real war'.

All that squealing by the dems that 'just get Osama and all will be well' is just do much blue sky dreaming.

Finding and capturing Osama will just continue to inflame the islamo fascists world wide.

When will those folks get a clue?
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2006, 08:06:14 PM »

Well the idiots in my town were out protesting today.... and holding signs that said that Bush did 911... that it wasn't terrorists... and these weren't college kids...

make me ill... so many ppl from here were on the Boston flight... I hated it for their families....

and Red had a great time yelling at them....

but I wish these morons got it.....

these fanantics want to kill us all...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2006, 09:33:21 PM »

Dear Mrs. Red and Red,

You can imagine how scared ABC must have been at the thought of Bill Clinton suing the hell out of them, maybe ruining them. It's a sad day when politicians can control the media.

I thought in Part 1 of the ABC movie, that Clinton was portrayed in a very bad light. If it was ok to leave that part of the movie intact, I wonder what was in the deleted scenes.

Mrs. Red, about the movie, The Path to 9/11 - you said last night on the LCD that it was hard to watch. I watched it too and thought it was absolutely fascinating. I can't wait to see tonight's second part. It will not be interrupted by the President's speech as it aired at 6 pm and the movie starts at 8 pm.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2006, 09:52:57 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Dear Mrs. Red and Red,

You can imagine how scared ABC must have been at the thought of Bill Clinton suing the hell out of them, maybe ruining them. It's a sad day when politicians can control the media.

I thought in Part 1 of the ABC movie, that Clinton was portrayed in a very bad light. If it was ok to leave that part of the movie intact, I wonder what was in the deleted scenes.

Mrs. Red, about the movie, The Path to 9/11 - you said last night on the LCD that it was hard to watch. I watched it too and thought it was absolutely fascinating. I can't wait to see tonight's second part. It will not be interrupted by the President's speech as it aired at 6 pm and the movie starts at 8 pm.

Dear LV,
I didn't mean that I didn't find it fascinating because I did... what I meant by hard to watch was all the work that the field agents, the border guard, the intelligence that could have made a difference if only they had listened.  

I also get very angry at viewing this.... very angry - and although it's not politically correct, or even probably very Christianlike, I just want these animals to pay.... and dearly.   I refuse to call them people, because people don't do those things... and I will never believe that any God wants his followers to act this way...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2006, 09:53:57 PM »

I will need to think on this more... because right now I am just so emotional....

Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2006, 10:28:44 PM »

hello mrs red,remember who causulty 1 was and where was.if i were bubba i would shup and bury my head in shame..enough said.have a good evening to all.it is never a bad day to hear the pipes,unless they are for you.cat

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2006, 11:00:16 PM »

Dear Mrs. Red, take all the time you need ... I will always be here. xoxoxoxo

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2006, 11:08:21 PM »

Cat, in the dictionary, one of the definitions for "politician" should include "corruption."

Yes, I love the bagpipes, too. Very moving and emotional.

I saw a beautiful musical presentation from NY with the US Marines Drum and Bugle Corps playing Beethoven's Ninth Symphony in an upbeat and jazzy way, as well as other music. I very much enjoyed the good parts of the TV coverage today ... the joyous and life affirming things.

Thank you, Cat, for joining this board. I'm happy you are here.

Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2006, 10:48:58 AM »

My granfather was born on 12/7.He was career Navy stationed at Pearl.He never forgor and he pionted out to me,that the people in charge at Pearl were discharge.We seem to forget this lesson in life,that the bad guys are always watching.I love the pipes,I also love Beethoven.I sat where he sat in the English Garten when the storm inspired the Pastoral Symphony and I have been to his grave.I don't always have a point,except the world is not always safe and we need to keep that in mind.Enough of a left field rant.I like Boston,Lousy roads,great cartoon started after the colleges.Go to a happy movie,just don't forget.I never voted for bubba.I will not vote his wife,either.I don't think they are leaders.I buried my father to amazing grace on the pipes and an honor guard of the Screaming Eagles.I think our leaders should study history,and read the Art of War.Cat

Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2006, 02:54:00 PM »

I have a friend who is Muslim.He told me he would happy to see osama and saddam dead,even if were a Jew that killed themInteresting,it seems others don't like the crazies either.I know how for 13 cents we could solve this but I am civilized.I think Bush has made many mistake,but he has not in anyway resposible for 9/11.Watch the stock index called the misery index.The Bush people are guilty of bad timing and lousy public speaking.cat

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2006, 08:41:29 PM »

I found this article today... and it just added to what I already felt and thought about how dangerous some in our own country are.

When I say liberals, I don't mean Democrats, I mean this kind of "intelligestia"...  

http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/special/9_13special2.htm

Tell me what y'all think...

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2006, 09:04:39 PM »

Well, I am still liberal enough to think that alternate viewpoints have the right to be aired. I just wish there weren't so many gullible folks around to believe the nutcases.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2006, 09:16:20 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Well, I am still liberal enough to think that alternate viewpoints have the right to be aired. I just wish there weren't so many gullible folks around to believe the nutcases.

Aired is one thing, but teaching kids on my tax dollars is another...

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2006, 01:01:53 AM »

Well, now it is a college and one of the main fields of study in college is
'LIBERAL Arts and Sciences'.

Ya know the teaching of Philosopy 'I think therefore I am' ain't exactly a real money maker in the world.

Always thought that higher education was supposed to teach folks to tolerate alternate points of view with rational explanations without political slant.

Seems somewhere along the way intolerance and political slant is about all that's being taught anymore.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2006, 03:23:01 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Well, now it is a college and one of the main fields of study in college is
'LIBERAL Arts and Sciences'.

Ya know the teaching of Philosopy 'I think therefore I am' ain't exactly a real money maker in the world.

Always thought that higher education was supposed to teach folks to tolerate alternate points of view with rational explanations without political slant.

Seems somewhere along the way intolerance and political slant is about all that's being taught anymore.

the bolded statement is what I am trying to talk about... there is no tolerance for differing viewpoints with these people....

the guy who owns our local drycleaners is a great guy, very funny, very Republican and he has stated to both Red and me that he will never say that out loud with another customer in the store because he doesn't need to grief or to lose business... the idea that he is a different political party than the majority of ppl around is kind of crazy to me... he does a great job, and to me that is all that matters. To me the idea that he is Republican or Democrat should be a moot point...

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2006, 08:26:40 PM »

Dear Mrs. Red,

I agree regarding your drycleaner, that what is important is that he does a good job. But as Carnut wrote, there is so much intolerance going around now ... the drycleaner feels he would lose business if it were known that he is a Republican. This is nuts. It shouldn't be this way.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2006, 08:49:57 PM »

I blame it all on them dang hippies.
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2006, 10:09:31 PM »

Mrs Red, Louise, Carnut and any other Monkeys I forgot.

I really object to the theory of Bush and his administration being blamed for 9/11 as if they were actually involved in planning it. That is not a Democrat or Republican statement. Or even a political one. It is just more evidence of how some Americans are going crazy.

JMHO

Just a swinging with the tribe
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.