May 04, 2024, 07:59:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #3  (Read 428054 times)
mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #240 on: August 09, 2008, 09:28:54 AM »

Rob, what's M1?

"The cure to crime shouldn't end in the electric chair, it should start in the high chair"
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #241 on: August 09, 2008, 09:32:57 AM »

I have tried to put myself in Casey's shoes...I said I tried.  I kept asking myself if Casey was so stupid as to really leave Caylee in a hot car for that long.  Yes, it doesn't take long for one to overheat and become an inferno, but that would mean she didn't leave a window down or anything.  Now, knowing there was really no job or babysitter the only place she could keep her was in the car.  So it's possible that she did leave her there. The key to this mess are those "flurry" of phone calls.  Something took place at that time that would solve this whole mess.  No doubt Casey is the person that is responsible and I too feel for her parents. They have dealt with a trouble making child for a while and now she uses her own child as leverage to get what she wants.  They should have called Casey's bluff a long time ago and let her stand on her own two feet. It would not have been very difficult to obtain custody of Caylee.  They know the truth now and they are facing it with everyone watching.  It must be unbearable.  It makes them appears foolish and nutty at times.  I would suspect the LE knows by now what problems Casey has been for them before.  You have to remember this...Casey is family.  She is their daughter and regardless they loved her deeply at one time.  The realization that their own child could have killed her child and you didn't see it coming or you didn't help is a hug burden of guilt to bear. Most people will crack under it and I think that is what we are seeing happen, slowly but surely.

I agree Lala's ...... I remember how stressful it was for 3 long days not knowing where Kaitlin was .......
Surely the stress of having that go on for so long has got to be taking a major toll on George,Cindy and Lee.....
However, I still feel that if they were more forthcoming it might have brought this to an end more quickly, which I am sure they are feeling guilt over that also. I suspect that they had at least entertained the idea of taking custody of Caylee away from Casey at some point and probably wish that they had done so.......hindsight IS 20/20...

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #242 on: August 09, 2008, 09:38:19 AM »

Hi Lalas and Cubbee

I agree about the stress Casey's parents are dealing with. We have someone similar to Casey in my extended family. The entire family has spent years trying to help this person - giving monetary and verbal support, doing favors, giving advice, etc. Supporting someone like that becomes a habit for the whole family. Everyone does it and no one thinks twice about it. I feel that's what happened with George, Cindy, and Lee when Caylee first went missing. They all went into the normal mode of "let's all support and help Casey." It's probably only now sinking in that supporting her in this case was entirely the wrong thing to do.

I Stand With The Girl
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #243 on: August 09, 2008, 09:40:58 AM »

Does anyone if if GP George was doing any security work around the Sawgrass Apts.
Granny in court stated she wasn't sure where her husband was employed, as it was a new job. I read in the Sentinel that he's had various security jobs.

no clue here, but if Cindy is saying she doesn't know where, I bet she knows exactly where... and how would the wife not know where her husband was working?

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #244 on: August 09, 2008, 09:44:52 AM »

Hi Lalas and Cubbee

I agree about the stress Casey's parents are dealing with. We have someone similar to Casey in my extended family. The entire family has spent years trying to help this person - giving monetary and verbal support, doing favors, giving advice, etc. Supporting someone like that becomes a habit for the whole family. Everyone does it and no one thinks twice about it. I feel that's what happened with George, Cindy, and Lee when Caylee first went missing. They all went into the normal mode of "let's all support and help Casey." It's probably only now sinking in that supporting her in this case was entirely the wrong thing to do.

Hey BT.... I agree .... when dealing with someone with the issues that Casey , by all accounts seemed to have, the whole family becomes "co-dependant", their whole lives are spent trying to support them and in turn their whole lives are affected by that persons issues...it becomes very hard to determine when "helping" your loved one is really hurting.... JMO

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #245 on: August 09, 2008, 09:45:48 AM »

Does anyone if if GP George was doing any security work around the Sawgrass Apts.
Granny in court stated she wasn't sure where her husband was employed, as it was a new job. I read in the Sentinel that he's had various security jobs.

no clue here, but if Cindy is saying she doesn't know where, I bet she knows exactly where... and how would the wife not know where her husband was working?

I found that to be very strange too Rob...

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #246 on: August 09, 2008, 09:46:22 AM »

Rob,
Cindy said George had just started a "new job" recently and she didn't know where that was.(I'm not buying that story)
I always get the feeling that George was "kept out of some loop" in that Anthony house of hormones.....just my opinion

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #247 on: August 09, 2008, 09:47:13 AM »

Rob, what's M1?

murder one - a capital offense.

ya know mrskub, the longer this goes on and the more I think about this - the less I think it's an accident or unintentional.

I soooooo want to believe that Casey did not kill her daughter - I really do, but at some point stuff starts to look more and more like this is way more than what it appears on the surface.

I also think the hot car or accidental drowning do look appealing - but only to shield myself from thinking this is far worse.

And accident or unintentional / negligent homicide is going to be about the same as the 6 years she is facing right now for neglect / endangerment and lying to the authorities.

so, why drag it out and make it so much harder on everyone else? Her parents, her grand father and the community... why?

There doesn't seem to be anymore than two options -

Casey is totally innocent and the police have the wrong person or this is a capital offense.

Sorry, I just can't see too many other options.... I sure wish there were a few more.

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #248 on: August 09, 2008, 09:50:26 AM »

Hi Honey, I'm home

oh hi...

Hey babe - I got that new job.

oh terrific - where will you be working?

+++++++

isn't that pretty much how that conversation goes down?

+++

seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #249 on: August 09, 2008, 09:50:52 AM »

Rob,
It's pretty clear that most of the attention was always on the 2 female chiefs of that family....George was just one of their little Indians, and maybe just ignored for the most part

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #250 on: August 09, 2008, 09:52:19 AM »

Hi Honey, I'm home

oh hi...

Hey babe - I got that new job.

oh terrific - where will you be working?

+++++++

isn't that pretty much how that conversation goes down?

In a "normal" family, yes......

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #251 on: August 09, 2008, 09:52:28 AM »

I agree Lala's ...... I remember how stressful it was for 3 long days not knowing where Kaitlin was .......
Surely the stress of having that go on for so long has got to be taking a major toll on George,Cindy and Lee.....
However, I still feel that if they were more forthcoming it might have brought this to an end more quickly, which I am sure they are feeling guilt over that also. I suspect that they had at least entertained the idea of taking custody of Caylee away from Casey at some point and probably wish that they had done so.......hindsight IS 20/20...

I'm not seeing the same tears as Ms. Aydell either.

+++

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: August 09, 2008, 09:57:53 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/crime/orl-casey0908aug09,0,7546921.story

Casey Anthony will spend daughter Caylee Marie's 3rd birthday in jail. Is she a doting mom, party girl or both?

Bianca Prieto, Amy L. Edwards, Sarah Lundy and Walter Pacheco

Sentinel Staff Writers

August 9, 2008

Family members describe Casey Anthony as a doting mother. Snapshots seem to depict a party girl. Detectives say she's a liar. Could she be all three?

Nearly one month after her arrest, the 22-year-old single mom remains as much a mystery as the disappearance of her daughter, Caylee Marie, who turns 3 today.

Anthony refuses to speak to reporters, offering no clues into a private life that has made her a topic of discussion -- and sometimes disgust -- across the nation.

The relentless search to find Caylee and the intense media coverage have had a chilling effect on her friends. Their silence has made it difficult to get a clear picture of Casey Anthony.

"There are a lot of her friends who may have come forward two or three weeks ago [and talked to the media], but they are certainly not now," Casey's mother, Cindy Anthony, said. "They ask me, and I say, 'Don't do it. Your life won't be the same.' " (note from me...do you want to find Caylee or not? )

Since Caylee was reported missing July 15, dozens of photos have surfaced on the Internet showing Casey Anthony partying with friends in local nightclubs, bars and wild house parties.

One shows a bare-shouldered Anthony wrapped in an American flag and grasping a pitcher of beer. Another catches Anthony dancing with a woman at a nightclub. Three others show Anthony crouching in front of a toilet, pulling down her pants and smiling as a man grabs her breast.

These pictures and dozens more are posted, mostly anonymously, on the popular photo-sharing Web sites Flickr and Photobucket. They have not appeared in the Orlando Sentinel because the newspaper insists on getting permission from the owners of photos before publishing them.

It also is unclear when some of the images were taken.

Widespread distribution of these snapshots on TV, however, has fueled criticism of Anthony as a woman who parties when she was supposed to be looking for her daughter.

Anthony's mother dismissed the photos, saying many were taken long before Caylee vanished.

"Casey can't have all those different hair lengths and hairdos within a matter of a month," Cindy Anthony said. "Those photos range from when she was 18 to June 13."  (AH....more like June 20th)

Wonderful mother?

In contrast to the photos, Anthony family members and others insist Casey Anthony is a warm, caring parent who adored her daughter.

Family friend and former neighbor Holly Gagn� said Anthony had a close relationship with Caylee. She recalls Anthony breast-feeding the child and inviting Gagn�'s children to the park.

"I remember thinking, wow, wow, what a great job she's doing," said Gagn�, a mother of four.

Anthony's childhood friend Brittany Schieber said Anthony always has been "a good-hearted person and someone who liked to have fun."

The two attended Colonial High School but drifted apart until recently, when they rekindled their friendship. Caylee and Schieber's son are close to the same age.

Schieber said she thought it was a joke when Anthony sent her a July 15 text message, telling her that she had not seen Caylee in 31 days.

She was surprised Anthony had waited so long to report her daughter missing because she had considered Anthony a good mother.

"I just don't know what's going on with Casey," she said.

Liar and thief?

In the weeks since Anthony told authorities that Caylee disappeared with a baby sitter, sheriff's detectives and friends have complained that she has trouble telling the truth.

Ryan Pasley, a longtime friend in Jacksonville, said Anthony is likable but tends to exaggerate. For example, she told him she was an event planner at Universal Studios and a student at a community college.

She was neither.

When reports of Caylee's disappearance surfaced last month, he didn't understand what was happening to his friend.

"Casey . . . just . . . I don't know. Something snapped. I guess she just got caught up in her lies," he said. "To some extent, I'm angry. I don't know how I can be lied to for so many years."

Others, including an ex-fianc�, described her to Orange County sheriff's investigators as a habitual liar and a thief.

Her friend Amy Huizenga told deputies that Anthony had stolen $700 from her and taken checks from her vehicle, which she lent to Anthony, the arrest affidavit shows.

Detectives maintain that little of what Anthony has said about the child's disappearance is true. Her jobs, people she claims to have spoken to, the address where she last dropped off Caylee with the baby sitter and even the sitter herself all appear to be fiction, sheriff's reports state.

Anthony's family members have shrugged off the questions, presenting a united front in her defense as they search for Caylee.

George Anthony, Casey Anthony's father, is a former deputy sheriff in Trumbull County, Ohio, who moved his family to Orlando in 1989. Since then, he has held various security-related jobs. For a time, he was a security guard at the Sentinel.

Cindy Anthony is a registered nurse and works as a clinical manager at Gentiva Health Services in Winter Park. She has emerged as Casey Anthony's strongest defender, telling reporters she believes in her daughter.

Sometime the strain of the case starts to show, however.

On Friday, Anthony refused to come out of her jail cell and speak to her brother Lee Anthony at a scheduled visit. No one was scheduled to visit her today on Caylee's birthday.

Earlier this week, Cindy Anthony said she planned to mark the day quietly at home:

"George, Lee and myself will be together, and we'll sit down and pray and tell Caylee how much we love her and happy birthday."

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #253 on: August 09, 2008, 09:59:04 AM »

I know Rob, that bothers me, and while it might just be me, I have to wonder where is all of the support from friends, and neighbors...... I know that Danette, and Beth had support from people from all walks of life and all over the world... it just seems to me that maybe people around them would be there to support them, media or not....
When Kaitlin was missing I remember a co-worker telling me that I should not go around there because it was a police investigation..... that appalled me as these were people I knew and loved.... just seems to me that after living there for so long they would have more support ....

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: August 09, 2008, 10:01:53 AM »

http://www.local6.com/news/17141314/detail.html

Grandfather Apologizes For Outburst; 'Safe House' Considered In Missing Girl Case
Strangers Bring Gifts For Caylee's Third Birthday

POSTED: 4:40 am EDT August 9, 2008
UPDATED: 9:16 am EDT August 9, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The grandfather of a missing Orlando girl apologized for an outburst at reporters Friday as strangers continued to bring gifts for the child's third birthday.

More than 100 people gathered Friday night and prayed for missing Caylee Anthony on the eve of her third birthday.

The vigil was organized by a 12-year-old girl in St. Cloud.

"They have gone through a lot of tough times," organizer Dakota Skii said. "They are struggling."

During the vigil George Anthony addressed an earlier incident where he screamed at reporters outside of his home.

"A lot of you probably saw on the news how I sort of lashed out at the media today and I can tell the media right now that I'm sorry," George Anthony said.

Earlier George Anthony screamed, "You people have no idea what we’re going through. You don’t care about me. You don’t care about (my wife). You don’t care about my granddaughter. You don’t care about any of this stuff."

Before Friday night's vigil ended, the crowd sang happy birthday to Caylee with the child's family.

"It is people like you who allow us to get up every morning and face another day," Cindy Anthony said. "It is going to take communities like this to come together and to bring Caylee home."

"Your prayers and support mean more than you can even imagine," George Anthony said.

New Call Released

Also, the Orange County Jail released a new phone call between Caylee Anthony's mother, Casey, and her brother Lee.

"Hey Case," Lee Anthony said.

"Hey, I need a favor," Casey Anthony said.

"Sure," Lee Anthony said.

"Can you get a hold of Jose and have him come see me as soon as he can, like today at some point?" Casey Anthony said.  (who is Jose?  Is that a typo?  Do they mean Jessie?  I haven't listened to the call yet)

"Yeah, let me give him a call," Lee Anthony said.

"Yeah, if you could do that, I would greatly appreciate it," Casey Anthony said. "You know, give my love obviously but I only have a minute to talk so…"

"OK, yeah, I'll do that right now," Lee Anthony said.

"OK, I appreciate that," Casey Anthony said.

"All right, love you," Lee Anthony said.

"Love you too," Casey Anthony said.

Strangers Bring Gifts

Families were traveling to the home of Cindy and George Anthony to drop gifts and other items in the search for the missing girl.

Signs were also left in the yard to the family too.

Cathy Harris stopped by the home but was angry at the grandparents.

"I get angry," Harris said. "If I see the grandmother, I probably would not say anything nice."

'Safe House' Considered

Meanwhile, attorney Jose Baez launched a new appeal to spring Casey Anthony out of jail.

However, with talks of threats against the family if Casey Anthony leaves jail, Cindy Anthony has considered the use of a safe house.

"Right here, I don't think is the ideal place for her not because we don't want her in the house and everything but we may have to hole her up somewhere in a safe house," Cindy Anthony said.

A national search for Caylee continues.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this developing story.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #255 on: August 09, 2008, 10:03:05 AM »

(note from me...do you want to find Caylee or not? )

ya know Klaas, this is really the most important question - do you or don't you, and it shouldn't be a question anyone is afraid to ask.

And if the answer if not sincere, I think everyone should be able to draw their own conclusions.

+++

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #256 on: August 09, 2008, 10:04:51 AM »

Mornin, you all.  I vote that Cindy has known for some time what Casey did.  George has just put two and two together and that is why he is freaking out.  Cindy is so much like Casey, she can rationilize what has happened and can help George get through it now.  Anyone with me????

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #257 on: August 09, 2008, 10:05:27 AM »

Rob, what's M1?

murder one - a capital offense.

ya know mrskub, the longer this goes on and the more I think about this - the less I think it's an accident or unintentional.

I soooooo want to believe that Casey did not kill her daughter - I really do, but at some point stuff starts to look more and more like this is way more than what it appears on the surface.

I also think the hot car or accidental drowning do look appealing - but only to shield myself from thinking this is far worse.

And accident or unintentional / negligent homicide is going to be about the same as the 6 years she is facing right now for neglect / endangerment and lying to the authorities.

so, why drag it out and make it so much harder on everyone else? Her parents, her grand father and the community... why?

There doesn't seem to be anymore than two options -

Casey is totally innocent and the police have the wrong person or this is a capital offense.

Sorry, I just can't see too many other options.... I sure wish there were a few more.

Rob, I hear ya. I'm to the point that I truly don't know what to think anymore. All the errors, lies, deceit and misinformation...there's that term again...makes this so difficult to piece things together.

I don't believe Casey is totally innocent and the main reason I say this is, she has lied about EVERYTHING and what she hasn't lied about, she hasn't told. There is a reason for this. Even if she didn't kill her, she knows what happened and isn't helping the situation. I lean away from a death in the hot car. Again, the cadaver dogs didn't hit on the inside of the car IIRC. It was the trunk. Something dead was in the trunk, not in the backseat where the carseat was or where you would lay a body.

Something I thought of last night was, could this have happened at Tony's house? Has LE checked out Tony's apartment? The reason I say this is, Cindy reported that the duffle bags of clothes taken from Tony's smelled like the car,( i.e. decomposition smell ?). That's why she washed them. Tony immediately took down his MySpace when this all came out. Just another thought to ponder on.

"The cure to crime shouldn't end in the electric chair, it should start in the high chair"
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #258 on: August 09, 2008, 10:10:57 AM »

Klaas, I think she is referring to Mr. Baez in the above phone call.

+++

seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #259 on: August 09, 2008, 10:11:22 AM »

I know Rob, that bothers me, and while it might just be me, I have to wonder where is all of the support from friends, and neighbors...... I know that Danette, and Beth had support from people from all walks of life and all over the world... it just seems to me that maybe people around them would be there to support them, media or not....
When Kaitlin was missing I remember a co-worker telling me that I should not go around there because it was a police investigation..... that appalled me as these were people I knew and loved.... just seems to me that after living there for so long they would have more support ....

"if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" .... most us were told growing up

silence sometimes speaks volumes

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.