March 29, 2024, 03:07:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National Enquirer Accuses Edwards of affair and love child?  (Read 4046 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: August 06, 2008, 10:55:42 AM »

Our local media has been advancing this over the past week, blogs etc have been part of the undercurrent about it as well. I waited until the MSM reported it, to post anything regarding it here.

The salient point is that proving or disproving this could take far longer than we have from now until the election. If it is blatantly false then what a terrible thing to do, particularly to Edward's wife Elizabeth.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/john_edwards_hush_money_to_mistress/celebrity/65226

I continue to stand with the girl.
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 03:49:14 PM »

saw part of the article from of this gossip paper.
didn't look like Edwards to me at all.

and if it is him, as long as he didn't violate any laws this is his private life.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 04:57:19 PM »

I haven't seen the Enquirer but I have read the LATimes, which is a pretty liberal newspaper and again this is the difference between some european mores and those in the US. Here it isn't considered their private business when running for the top offices in our nation, or in Edward's case hopeful to be VP ?

No, it's a leading indicator of his character, if true. Many are saying it's only been due to the respect of many for Elizabeth Edwards that it wasn't fully reported sooner.

Honestly in investigating who this other woman is, she doesn't come even close to the credentials, brains, or devotion to family that Elizabeth exhibits.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 04:59:32 PM »

As for private laws caesu, just know that NC has one of the more stringent divorce stances in our country. Proven adultery will be most costly to any high profile husband in the state of NC court and settlement proceedings.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 10:56:36 PM »

All I can say, is if true, it's truly sad and can't be good for the health of Elizabeth in her condition, but true or not, it's just as bad the media are putting her through this.  Is there no compassion left?   I understand we need to know the characteristics and integrity of our politicians, especially a possible VP.  But can't they let it be known to only those who need to know and spare this poor woman?  I hate the media for printing these types of personal information. I don't care, nor want to know, personally, it just po's me, at the person who is possibly acting scandalous and the media for putting the innocent family through the embarrasement.  Especially those trying to recover from cancer!  JMO

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 02:27:38 PM »

Dihannah, like you I would not wish to see Elizabeth Edwards suffer one more moment of pain.

That being said, now the news outlets and even Edward's former campaign strategist are asking for Edwards to respond to the tabloids.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/politics/national/stories/DN-edwards_07pol.ART.State.Edition1.4d81500.html

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 03:22:17 PM »

Edwards Admits Sexual Affair; Lied as Presidential Candidate

In ABC News Interview, Edwards Says He Cheated, but Did Not Father Child

By RHONDA SCHWARTZ and BRIAN ROSS
August 8, 2008

John Edwards repeatedly lied during his Presidential campaign about an extramarital affair with a novice filmmaker, the former Senator admitted to ABC News today.

In an interview for broadcast tonight on Nightline, Edwards told ABC News correspondent Bob Woodruff he did have an affair with 44-year old Rielle Hunter, but said that he did not love her.

Edwards also denied he was the father of Hunter's baby girl, Frances Quinn, although the one-time Democratic Presidential candidate said he has not taken a paternity test.

Edwards said he knew he was not the father based on timing of the baby's birth on February 27, 2008. He said his affair ended too soon for him to have been the father.

A former campaign aide, Andrew Young, has said he was the father of the child.

According to friends of Hunter, Edwards met her at a New York city bar in 2006. His political action committee later paid her $114,000 to produce campaign website documentaries despite her lack of experience.

Edwards said the affair began during the campaign after she was hired. Hunter traveled with Edwards around the country and to Africa.

Edwards said his wife, Elizabeth, and others in his family became aware of the affair in 2006.

Edwards made a point of telling Woodruff that his wife's cancer was in remission when he began the affair with Hunter. Elizabeth Edwards has since been diagnosed with an incurable form of the disease.

When the National Enquirer first reported the alleged Edwards-Hunter affair last October 11, Edwards, his campaign staff and Hunter vociferously denounced the report.

"The story is false, it's completely untrue, it's ridiculous," Edwards told reporters then.

He repeated his denials just two weeks ago.

Edwards today admitted the National Enquirer was correct when it reported he had visited Hunter at the Beverly Hills Hilton last month.

The former Senator said his wife had not known about the meeting.

Since becoming pregnant, Hunter has lived under assumed names in a series of expensive homes in North Carolina and, more recently, in Santa Barbara, California.
Related

Edwards denied paying any money to Hunter to keep her from going public but said it was possible some of his friends or supporters may have made payments without telling him.

He said he would ask questions about any possible arrangement.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=5441195&page=1

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 04:33:34 PM »

Yep he admitted to it, then without having a paternity test to back him up, said he's not the father?

I think he's made it worse, not better in any regard - plus now admitting he was at the hotel to meet this woman and see the child but his wife didn't know? If he had confessed to having an affair with her, then why not be honest now?

His wife campaigned for him when it likely hurt her health - obviously he didn't deserve that.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 09:26:03 PM »

STATEMENT OF SENATOR JOHN EDWARDS

August 8, 2008

Chapel Hill, North Carolina

In 2006, I made a serious error in judgment and conducted myself in a way that was disloyal to my family and to my core beliefs. I recognized my mistake and I told my wife that I had a liaison with another woman, and I asked for her forgiveness. Although I was honest in every painful detail with my family, I did not tell the public. When a supermarket tabloid told a version of the story, I used the fact that the story contained many falsities to deny it. But being 99% honest is no longer enough.

I was and am ashamed of my conduct and choices, and I had hoped that it would never become public. With my family, I took responsibility for my actions in 2006 and today I take full responsibility publicly. But that misconduct took place for a short period in 2006. It ended then. I am and have been willing to take any test necessary to establish the fact that I am not the father of any baby, and I am truly hopeful that a test will be done so this fact can be definitively established. I only know that the apparent father has said publicly that he is the father of the baby. I also have not been engaged in any activity of any description that requested, agreed to or supported payments of any kind to the woman or to the apparent father of the baby.

It is inadequate to say to the people who believed in me that I am sorry, as it is inadequate to say to the people who love me that I am sorry. In the course of several campaigns, I started to believe that I was special and became increasingly egocentric and narcissistic. If you want to beat me up – feel free. You cannot beat me up more than I have already beaten up myself. I have been stripped bare and will now work with everything I have to help my family and others who need my help.

I have given a complete interview on this matter and having done so, will have nothing more to say.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2008, 05:19:24 AM »

Who knew about this video on Youtube? So this makes more sense to me now, I guess Obama would not have wanted to out Edwards for his infidelity and of course, Hillary would never for then hubby's skirt chasing would have impacted her campaign.

Unreal, just unreal. McCain has not been an angel either.......not saying he has but now that Edwards has been outted I would not be surprised to see same happen to Obama.

http://deathby1000papercuts.blogspot.com/2008/02/larry-sinclairs-obama-allegations-msm.html

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2008, 11:59:52 AM »

The plot thickens........I particularly like the last paragraph in the second link:

Blogger Gina Cobb hopes the window of Baron’s generosity is still open:

I am touched and moved by your generosity. I especially like the part about “The assistance was offered and accepted without condition.” Accordingly, I would like to request the same generosity from you. Henceforward, I would like you to rent me an enormous house and pay my living expenses in perpetuity. I can assure you that the assistance you offer will be accepted without condition

amen sistah 

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/08/08/1257224.aspx

http://overlawyered.com/2008/08/report-fred-baron-paid-for-rielle-hunters-hideaway/

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2008, 02:11:10 PM »

This just gets worse and worse, as more details emerge...

Why did Elizabeth Edwards feel it was AOK to proceed with a presidential race ???????

I guess since Bill Clinton got away with it, it's status quo? Her public statement would imply this as well - so maybe we're just late to 'get it' as voters now?

I want a 're-do' for this election year, I don't like any of these candidates, please bring back Mitt Romney !!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lee-stranahan/say-it-aint-so-elizabeth_b_117867.html

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2008, 02:30:51 PM »

I agree, None, let's have a re-do for this election year.  Our choices are dreadful.  What is a responsible voter to do??? 
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2008, 03:11:54 PM »

what if Edwards was the nominee.
or Obama choose him as his VP and he accepted it.

would have handed the presidency to McCain on a silver platter.

as much as i disagree with this private matter becoming a public one.
Edwards must have known he was not running for an European position.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.