March 28, 2024, 09:14:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iran and the UN  (Read 5984 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: September 07, 2006, 06:33:28 PM »

What do you Monkeys think of the Iranian president's challenge to President Bush to debate him at the U. N?  I personally don't think that the Iranian president should even be allowed to enter the U.S.

Also what's up with Harvard hosting a Muslim cleric on September 10th and September 11th? Sorry y'all I find this obscene!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 08:00:33 PM »

I really do think that the UN should be sent packing to Geneva.

Sure would hate to see either of those guys suffer some kind of accident while here.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 10:03:20 PM »

The Iranian president's challenge to debate Bush at the UN is laughable. Besides the fact that it's so outrageous, I don't think Bush has the skills to debate anyone. The Iranian would loudly talk such illogical nonsense that it would be impossible to respond when being overshouted.

And I'm trying to figure out why they are letting him enter the US. Possibly because they are still hoping to negotiate with Iran to stop making bombs. If they said, "No, you cannot enter" I think we would have to immediately face taking out their bomb factories or else make Israel do it.

I don't know what the hell is up with Harvard hosting a Muslim cleric on September 10 and 11. I agree, Mrs. Red, it's absolutely obscene.

It is suggested that an attack will take place soon. I am not leaving the apartment from September 9 - 12.  Every day, in every large public place I go, I fully expect one day soon suicide bombers will hit. Maybe coordinated attacks on innocent malls in  Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Denver, Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle, New York, Boston, Miami,
DC, etc.

Good topic, Mrs. Red.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 05:14:32 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
The Iranian president's challenge to debate Bush at the UN is laughable. Besides the fact that it's so outrageous, I don't think Bush has the skills to debate anyone. The Iranian would loudly talk such illogical nonsense that it would be impossible to respond when being overshouted.

And I'm trying to figure out why they are letting him enter the US. Possibly because they are still hoping to negotiate with Iran to stop making bombs. If they said, "No, you cannot enter" I think we would have to immediately face taking out their bomb factories or else make Israel do it.

I don't know what the hell is up with Harvard hosting a Muslim cleric on September 10 and 11. I agree, Mrs. Red, it's absolutely obscene.

It is suggested that an attack will take place soon. I am not leaving the apartment from September 9 - 12.  Every day, in every large public place I go, I fully expect one day soon suicide bombers will hit. Maybe coordinated attacks on innocent malls in  Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Denver, Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle, New York, Boston, Miami,
DC, etc.

Good topic, Mrs. Red.

I was just talking to somebody about that the other day.  I truly believe suicide bombers are next for us.  It just seems so easy for them.  Heck kids are creating them in basements and garages and taking them to school!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 05:17:59 PM »

Here is something to add to the Iran topic...

What do you make of the Iranian and new Iraqi presidents meeting in Iran this week?   You believe Iraq will turn against us in the future? Like the Al quada militints did after we provided them weapons to fight the Russian's in Afghanastan? I read they both say they share the same religion,  culture and history together...  scary to me!

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 08:08:29 PM »

Actually I agree that Iraq as we are pursueing it might be a lost cause.

Dunno, not sure how slanted all the media reports are coming from there.

Realistically it looks to me like Irag really should be broken up into 3 countries. It seems the world has really ignored the reality of the Kurds.

Kinda think that one of the biggest problems with war now a days is the invention of the laser guided munitions that allow pinpointing targets. Seem's we think that just hitting the ranking bad guys with no colateral damage can end a war, when in actuallity most of the 'innocent' folks in the area are supporting the bad guys. Collateral damage in the big wars kinda helped convince Japan and Germany that fighting wars wasn't really worth it, and the threat to the Soviet Union of massive collateral damage all those years helped keep bad things from happening during the cold war.

Now a days the folks supporting Suicide bombs seemingly have nothing to worry about, and in some cases are actually rewarded for what their 'martyr' has done.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 12:11:23 PM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"
Here is something to add to the Iran topic...

What do you make of the Iranian and new Iraqi presidents meeting in Iran this week?   You believe Iraq will turn against us in the future? Like the Al quada militints did after we provided them weapons to fight the Russian's in Afghanastan? I read they both say they share the same religion,  culture and history together...  scary to me!

The problem was, DiHannah as they showed in the path to 911 - and even with the first Gulf War is that we go in to these places and then don't "pull the trigger"... we keep leaving the good guys hanging, and it gets them killed and then the bad guys can easily take over...

Just like in Afghanastan... we just didn't finish the job... too worried over being politically correct... and in the long run, it's that squimishness that is going to be the undoing of our Country....  we have got to stop supporting the idea that we can just talk to them, etc.

Also it makes me sick to my stomach that institutions like Yale recruited a Taliban member with a 4th grade education just to be diverse.... it's thinking like that which is going be the end of our freedoms and society as we know them.

It isn't enough to have the greatest military in the world, we have to use it!

Over Memorial Day weekend Red and I met a soldier on a flight who was on furlough... talk about eye opening...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 12:17:12 PM »

I think Bush likes to "play" at stupidity... he isnt' stupid in the least bit... and I for one with the exception of a few things really like him.. I will admit that I feel much safer with him in office than I would have Al Gore.  He certainly wasn't equipped to deal with terrorism...but that's only my opinion.  

I hope someday soon, the people in this Country wake up and stop sending the same people over and over to the Capitol... we need fresh ideas and serious people.  We also need to get the hell out of the UN... another set of people laughing while we support them ... who would love nothing more than to see us crumble... I am not sure in their jealousy then even understand the ramifications of that....

Some how the "intelligestia" think that is the path to peace... but it isn't they laugh in our faces while taking our handouts and plotting to kill us... that is exactly my opinion anyway.

DC, etc.

Good topic, Mrs. Red.

Dear LV,
I just wrote my thoughts under yours in red... sometimes it's easier to resond and think when I do it that way!!

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 10:37:24 PM »

Mrs. Red, I would love to hear about your conversation with the soldier!  The biggest problem in this whole war is only hearing what the MSM says, I want to hear more from those close to the real situation, facts, not what the MSM or politicians want us to hear!

I work with a guy in the Reserves and will be heading to Iraq in a couple months.  I pray for his safety.....  He speaks a little of what his commanding officers are saying and you can hear his fear and concerns about going.  Though I know he can't divulge a lot, I can only contemplate.

I heard today that Maliki spoke with Iranian president to ensure they weren't providing weapons and terrorists to the enemies in Iraq.  However, I don't trust Iran for a second!

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 09:21:38 PM »

DiHannah 1... the soldier that Red and I met told us that he felt that they were doing the right things in Iraq and that things were getting better over there.  He mentioned that the schools and stuff that they had helped rebuild and how the children really made the difference...

not only that, but the MOST interesting thing he told us... that he was a child in Haiti and what made him enlist was that he remembered how the U.S. soldiers would come and he remembered standing on the side of the road waving to the soldiers because it meant he would eat that night...

Also, I must tell you that he will become a U.S. citizen in the near future (it may have happened by now, this was back in May)

His job was to detonate the bombs.... and he said they had actually been blown up  - and after a while it was just his job...

Now keep in mind that this man was a "baby" to me... he was only 23 years old.. but so much older...I don't know his name, but he has been in my prayers every day!

I also know two young men serving over there... they are one of my best friend's brothers.. amazing young men.. they believe in what they are doing to the point that they have re-enlisted.  D & D both tell us that we are doing the right thing and one of them has even said he "teared up" when a small Iraqi child ran up and thanked him...

I feel very strongly that we are doing the right thing.....

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 10:04:58 PM »

Now ... I want to know what y'all think about the UN and the Iranian president's along with our President's speeches...

I personally HATE the idea that they gave him legitimacy by allowing him to speak... just like when Arafat was given legitimacy by President Clinton...

I don't think there can be any good from this...

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 10:20:03 PM »

More info on today's meeting...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14911603/

I wish I could find a link with President's Bush's speech... if any smarter monkey can do that... pls. do!

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 11:15:52 PM »

Thanks, Mrs. Red, for the article.

I liked this part: Ahmadinejad, who was to address the United Nations later in the day, did not attend Bush's address Tuesday afternoon. Bush likewise avoided seeing Ahmadinejad during his New York visit.

The situation is so very serious yet these two yahoos are acting like children.  I have no clue where it's going.  I don't think Iran is going to stop working on nuclear weapons.  And I don't think we will bomb them.  I think everyone is looking to Israel to do the dirty work. I think they should at least attempt to talk.

This is what Israel did to Iraq's nuclear reactor in 1981:

Iraq established its nuclear program in the 1960s, but was unable to make significant progress on it until the late 1970s. In the 1970s, Iraq attempted to purchase a plutonium production reactor from France. Iraq also wanted to purchase a reprocessing reactor. France denied these requests but, instead, agreed to build a research reactor and research laboratories. With French support, Iraq began construction of a 40-megawatt light-water nuclear reactor at the Al Tuwaitha Nuclear Center. The type of reactor was named Osiris, after the Egyptian god of the dead.

In 1981, Israel sent American-made F-16s and took out the Osiris reactor. The deed was done quickly and in secret and was over before anyone knew what happened. While the attack, codenamed “Operation Opera,” surprised the Iraqis and the rest of the world, it had long been in planning. It was only after the failure on the diplomatic front, and the consultation of military and intelligence experts with Prime Minister Menachem Begin’s cabinet, that Israel chose to go ahead with the attack on the Iraqi reactor.

If the world is waiting for Israel to do this again and be the world's savior, they are sadly mistaken. In 1981, Israel was able to take out the ONE and only nuclear reactor in Iraq and return to Israel undetected.

The situation has changed. Iran has multiple sites now and while Israel could take out several, it could not take out all of them. And upon doing that, Iran would then call up its allies (including our old friend Russia) and take out Israel entirely.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2006, 11:17:34 PM »

Ya know we're in for trouble with the world.

The U.S. and most of what we consider the 'civilized' western world is actually in the minority.

What we consider 'reasonable' just dosen't apply to most of the members of the UN.

Just look at the possibility that Venezuela getting a chance to be a member of the security council.

May not win many 'hearts and minds' but carrying the biggest stick is still what's needed to stay in charge and keep from being 'converted by the sword'.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 01:47:45 AM »

Hi Car,

You are correct that we who are civilized, are in the minority. Indeed, we are in trouble and facing a hoard of barbarians ... just like in the movies, only this time for real.

As an Army brat, I had a Pearl Harbor cotton scarf with the quotation "Walk softly but carry a big stick." I'm so nonviolent, it took me years to get the message.

Can anyone define what the current USA's big sticks are?

Also, I agree with the scholar the Pope quoted that Islam is spread by the sword. Ever so recently, a FOX journalist and his camera man both had to convert to Islam in order to get released from Gaza. It was their only way out. Just like in Inquisition.

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2006, 07:06:47 AM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
What do you Monkeys think of the Iranian president's challenge to President Bush to debate him at the U. N?  I personally don't think that the Iranian president should even be allowed to enter the U.S.

Also what's up with Harvard hosting a Muslim cleric on September 10th and September 11th? Sorry y'all I find this obscene!

When he landed in the US, Ahamalalalalalalajihad should have been greeted at the door of his plane by 2 burly American Marines who grabbed him by the ear, strapped a dog collar around his neck, put him on a leash and hauled his sorry butt off to Gitmo.  He should be beaten and tortured until he confesses to being involved with the whole hostage thing at which time he should be immediatly executed with a single shot from an M-16 to the back of the head.  This whole process should be video taped and played on every global network for a 24 hour period.  Any enemy-aiding liberal that cries foul should be tried for treason and put through the same process.  

Its time for the BS political correctness fad to come to an end.  We are at war, and this country needs to find a way to become united.  Its time to untie the hands of our soldiers and let them fight.  Its time to take off the gloves and kick some ass.  I dont give a dam what Hugo or any other lowlife thinks of us.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2006, 08:35:32 PM »

Blah,

I applaud your post. Clap, clap, clap and some more claps. I love how you spelled his name!

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2006, 08:41:10 PM »

Blah,

I applaud your post. Clap, clap, clap and some more claps. I love how you spelled his name!

OH Me too.... Louise,

HAPPY NEW YEAR... in case you don't make it to the Lounge.... I don't know how to even begin to spell or say the Yiddish saying...

also. please read my UN post and tell me your thoughts...

and Blah!!!!

LOVE IT AND AGREE!!!

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2006, 08:51:31 PM »

Oh thank you so much, Mrs. Red, for the Happy New Year wishes. We are in the year 5767!  I'll visit the Lounge and check your UN post!  Love you.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2006, 09:57:24 PM »

You said it Blah!   We need to just go kick some ass and be done with it all!
If were trying to play 'nice' to keep from losing friends, it isn't working!  We just keep being hated by more and more.  Let's really give 'em something to be PO'd about!

Happy New Year Louise!

Love to all Monkeys!

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.