March 28, 2024, 03:30:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WOW - Former Secretary of State Colin Powell will endorse Barack Obama  (Read 1793 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: August 13, 2008, 05:03:22 PM »

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/13/kristol-colin-powell-to-endorse-barack-obama/

Kristol: Colin Powell to Endorse Barack Obama
by FOXNews.com
Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell (AP Photo).

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell will endorse Barack Obama at the Democratic National Convention, Weekly Standard Publisher Bill Kristol told FOX News exclusively on Thursday.

“He may well give a speech at the Democratic convention explaining his endorsement of Obama,” Kristol said, citing inside sources.

An endorsement by Powell could go a long way to attracting moderates and wayward Republicans to the presumptive Democratic presidential candidate.

Over the years, Powell himself has been touted as a potential presidential or vice presidential candidate. The former national security adviser served as chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the 1991 Persian Gulf War. He was secretary of state for the younger President Bush.

His tenure is most notable for presenting to the U.N. Security Council evidence that Iraq was pursuing weapons of mass destruction. His presentation led to a resolution endorsing military action against that country, but he later described it as a “blot” on his record.

Powell has unofficially advised Obama and Republican candidate John McCain but had not endorsed anyone. A spokesman said in July that he was undecided.

In April, Powell praised Obama’s response to controversial remarks by his former pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, who had said the United States brought the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks on itself by supporting terrorism and that the government created the AIDS virus to “destroy people of color.”

“I thought that Senator Obama handled the issue well,” said Powell, the nation’s first black secretary of state. “He didn’t abandon the minister that brought him closer to his faith, but at the same time he deplored the kinds of statements that the Reverend Wright had made.”

Obama later turned his back on Wright after the minister courted controversy again with additional comments in public.
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 05:17:12 PM »

i don't give much credence to Bill Kristol.

but if this is true: indeed... WOW

prime enabler of the Iraq war at the U.N.
he is trying to make up for past mistakes.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 09:37:13 PM »

That was one man I would have voted for in a heart beat!   But now I can say, I am thinking twice about that decision.  It just goes to prove, that you just don't know everything about anybody.  It does dissapoint me.   I do wonder if there is some hard feelings since his serving for the Bush and the events that took place.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
robl27
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 05:02:02 AM »

Hey folks, I'm "feeling" that McCain will become president. Just by what I'm observing.
I don't know what BOTH of them will be doing for the middle/low class anyway.

What are their points of view? about:
Less taxes on the poor/middle folks
Illegal Alien problems
Oil Crises (were being taken to the cleaners, folks)
Bringing back jobs to the states and getting our economy back in order?

Sorry folks but I don't think both of them have our interests at heart but only those of big corporations.

-Rob

I tweet and I tweet often: http://twitter.com/robl27
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.