March 28, 2024, 05:09:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remembering 9/11  (Read 17981 times)
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2006, 12:03:57 PM »

Quote from: Angiex911dsptchr
Bare with me..lol  I loaded to photo bucket.. this is a blurry pic.. but I took it in front of the pc. so you could see I am on SM..lol Its my award from NENA  which means..National Emergency Number Association.
At the op of this pin abovoe the Eagles head.,. it Says September 11th Memorial  under the eagle.. telecommunicators award.  

EDITED BY ME... lol

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2006, 12:09:05 PM »

Angie you contributed something meaningful to the last minutes of that gentleman's life, I'm proud of you.

God bless their families as they continue to grapple with the losses of their loved ones.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2006, 12:09:12 PM »

Guess I Screwd that all up huh?  One last try.. this is the PAPD award..
At the top it says ALL GAVE SOME..  in the middle PAPD..911 and the bottom it says Some gave all..  Pic of twin towers in the middle of the flag.

Edited again by me... (sorry)

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2006, 12:10:38 PM »

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. one last one..
The NENA one again..
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2006, 12:11:34 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Angie, sweetie, you didn't ruin the thread.

Thanks so much for sharing with us what you did that day. I'm sooooo proud to know you (and be your adopted mom).

Big hugs to you.

Thanks BT.,, !   HUGS back!!
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2006, 12:13:33 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
Angie you contributed something meaningful to the last minutes of that gentleman's life, I'm proud of you.

God bless their families as they continue to grapple with the losses of their loved ones.

Thanks Sistah None,, Can still to this day hear that mans voice asking me to pray with him..  If he felt comfort in that.. I am glad.
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2006, 01:06:02 PM »

God bless you, Angie honey {{{{{{{big hugs}}}}}}} And thank you for sharing that story, and the pictures with us.

We Remember Natalee Bumper Stickers ~ Prayers for Natalee and her family
http://graphicemotion.com/TES_Bumper_Stickers.pdf
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2006, 01:10:34 PM »

Quote from: "KatzHome"
God bless you, Angie honey {{{{{{{big hugs}}}}}}} And thank you for sharing that story, and the pictures with us.

Katz,, Ty for reading it and the other who have posted here. The pics I took suck. i couldnt get a good picture of those pins.  They are small . i wore them on my uniform to work. I wish I stil had my NORMAL voice. I liked the job even though at times it was stressfull as all hell.!
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2006, 01:22:24 PM »

What happened to your voice, Ang?

KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2006, 01:23:45 PM »

I wish there was an edit button ~ I'd add what I just posted on the daily thread...   Embarassed

I'm kinda surprised that you went outside to have a cigarette... I would have thought ya'll would be smoking right there at your desks...

KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2006, 01:41:04 PM »

I'm glad your supervisor went to bat for ya, Ang...  geez Louise...  to have to beg to go outside to have a cigarette after THAT phone call...

And you kept a guy from jumping too, that very same day, 9/11, Ang...  something about this story ~ I think I remember you telling us about this once before ~ mentioning the certificate...  but I didn't know it was the same day...

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2006, 01:44:59 PM »

Quote from: "KatzHome"
What happened to your voice, Ang?

Katz.. throughput my life.. I have had jobs that consisted of using my voice alot. When I was younger .. I sang in church.. solo.. LOL  I was in chorus and band.  I had a sales rep job for 3 years.. got pregnant with my son and didnt return. I wanted to be at home with my baby boy like I was my daughter when I gave birth to her. Anyhow.. had that phone job as a sales rep. Then did the 911 thing for over 3 years.. My vocal cords are. caput? I was diagnosed with something called Spasmodic Dyshphonia....  Sad   My vocal cords stay open. thus making me sound breathy. I can breath fine.. it dont hurt to talk.. but certain words I say.. or even vowel sounds do not come out sounding normal.  I woke up one day lile this.. its been 3 years. been to Speech paths.. ENT drs.. I have wasted alot of $$$$$$$$$$$.. for no cure other then being told BOTOX shots in my vocal cords would do the trick?  BUT.. not a cure all.. 1500.00 for a shot that lasts 3 to 4 months? Then have to go back again and again?  I passed on that.. one I cant afford it.. and 2.. IF they told me it was a cure.. for one to two shots? Yes.. Id do it. But I wont subject myself to getting poison injected into me. A few people have died from those injections. Some made worse.. their voice then what it was before them. I do belong to a support group!! I had someone come into my stre not long ago.. and her and I talked.. she told me she sounded like me.. and it was her thyroid? I had never had mine checked out> thats on my list to do.. all they can say is YES it is or no it isnt.. Id be happy to have a normal voice again. and not one that sounds like I cant breath and like a sex phone operator. Pfffffffffffttttttttttttt.
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2006, 03:56:18 PM »

Oh wow Ang...  {{{hugs}}}  and now I remember reading something like this posted by you before ~ but, never explained as much...   I'm glad it doesn't hurt, Ang...  and get your thyroid checked honey...

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2006, 04:09:07 PM »

Angie,
Thank you for your work on that fateful day.  I am sure you meant the world to that poor man as well as the other distraught one.  And I know you must feel very emotional today especially.  I hope the day goes well for you and becomes less painful with each passing year.

My oldest son works in Washington in one of the buildings the terrorists dream of hitting so I always worry when they are threatening.  He had an appointment at the Pentagon for the afternoon of 9/11 and I have a friend whose daughter worked there but made it out just fine.  

It's a shame the country can't pull together the way it did right after 9/11 always.  And I for one don't really mind the extra time spent at airports, etc.   But we have not heard the last of these terrorists and from this time forward as long as the extremists are strong enough to muster these attacks, I guess we will have to do our best to cope with and prevent them.  The alternative is too horrific to even think about but the War on Terror is likely to continue for the rest of our lives in one form or another because it is an ideology and will survive even those who practice it.

In spite of that, may we know peace in our lifetime and security and freedom from fear of attacks.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2006, 04:12:52 PM »

Oh, and while my son of course did not keep his afternoon appointment at the Pentagon, he did get the order to "run for your lives" that morning which had to be pretty frightening for him.  I didn't know about it until he did finally call after lunch and let me know he was OK.  

Sometimes I wish he and my new daughter in law did not live there but they are both career government and that is where both their jobs are so no chance they will be moving without drastic changes in lifestyle.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2006, 06:23:08 PM »

WOW Anna~!!  I am very happy to hear that your son is fine.
God love'em.  TY for sharing your story!   HUGS to you!!
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2006, 06:25:22 PM »

See, Justins Mama was right this tragedy affected us all. Some more than others but it did have an affect. I read all your stories with such great interest.

Again San, I am so glad you were on vacation.

Angie, I am glad you were there and saying a prayer with that man.

Crazybabayborg, Thank you for sharing your visit to ground zero and the cab drivers story. This may not be nice but we took a cab from Penn Station to the Wintergarten theatre 3 weeks ago. The cab driver talked on a ? cell phone? radio in a foreign language the whole time we were in the cab. I told hubby after I did not know if he was getting directions on how to get there or if he was a terrorist making plans. The only words he ever spoke in English was to ask if this was close enough when we got there. So yes I am not quite as trusting as I once was.

Anna, maybe our kids know each other. LOL At least the same area.

Louise, You are so correct on Israel. When the Iraq war started our son was in Israel. He was at the time not able to talk about what he was doing there but it has since been declassified. We all knew the Iraq war was going to take place and son was part of an Army exercise taking place in case Iraq shot the missles at Israel like it had done before. He was some kind of computer support.

When he was sent there it was supposed to be for a max of 6 weeks. Soon after he got there they closed ?sp Ben Guirren airport. When he finally got out of there he had to pay big dollars and go a round about way.

Yes all, we need to stand together to defeat this. I do not fly our flag daily but it is up today. JMHO

Just a swinging with the tribe
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2006, 06:27:50 PM »

Well worth watching again today:

http://www.911digitalarchive.org/diganimbackup/americaattacked/index1.html

I continue to stand with the girl.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2006, 06:52:16 PM »

CBB~ Yes, the terrorists did not accomplish what they set out to do. They did not break our spirits. We did not tremble and cower in fear. The US did not crumble and fall. We stood tall and strong. We not only went on with our lives, we also were made even stronger than we were before. The passengers on flight 93 were the epitome of being American. They fought back. They foiled the plan to take out another government icon and the Americans who were within it that morning.

Nope, they did not accomplish what their evil intended. Their acts UNITED US.

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2006, 06:55:45 PM »

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/ItisPeke/AmericaRemembers.html

Another great 911 site to listen to.  Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.