March 29, 2024, 12:11:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Straight Talk Express Hits Van  (Read 2617 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: August 16, 2008, 11:16:28 PM »

Straight Talk Express Hits Van

John McCain's campaign bus collided with a van on Wednesday. What do you think?

Sara Kedzy,
Systems Analyst
"As a McCain supporter, I refuse to acknowledge that as a metaphor."

Jamie Leteicq ,
Cabinet Maker
"Wait, the Straight Talk Express is not a train? I imagined it looked like Thomas, the Tank Engine, except much angrier."

Bart Zamost,
Porter
"Oh, he must have been letting Lieberman drive again."

post your comments here -

http://www.theonion.com/content/amvo/straight_talk_express_hits_van

Wow.  I didn't know there was an accident. 

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 03:37:53 PM »

The Onion
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Onion
Type    Parody newspaper
Format    Tabloid
(also radio, video and websites)
Owner    Onion, Inc.
Editor    Scott Dikkers
Founded    1988
Headquarters    536 Broadway
10th Floor
New York, NY 10012
United States
Circulation    690,000 (per 2008 Media Kit)

For the vegetable, see onion.

The Onion is an American "fake news" organization. It features satirical articles reporting on international, national, and local news as well as an entertainment newspaper and website known as The A.V. Club. It claims a national print circulation of 690,000[1] and says 61 percent of its web site readers are between 18 and 44 years old per the 2008 media kit.

The Onion's articles comment on current events, both real and imagined. It parodies traditional newspaper features, such as editorials, man-on-the-street interviews, and stock quotes, as well as traditional newspaper layout and AP-style editorial voice. Much of its humor depends on presenting everyday events as newsworthy items, and by playing off of commonly used phrases, as in the headline "Drugs Win Drugs War."

A second part of the newspaper is a non-satirical entertainment section called The A.V. Club that features interviews and reviews of various newly-released media, and other weekly features. The print edition also contains restaurant reviews and previews of upcoming live entertainment specific to cities where a print edition is published. The online incarnation of The A.V. Club has its own domain, includes its own regular features (including the syndicated weekly sex advice column Savage Love), A.V. Club blogs and reader forums, and presents itself as a separate entity from The Onion itself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Onion

It's kind of funny, but I've seen rumors started this way that almost become the "truth".   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 03:55:39 PM »

yes it's a often hilarious site The Onion. 

here another topic with an article from there.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3274.0

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 06:28:33 PM »

yes it's a often hilarious site The Onion. 

here another topic with an article from there.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3274.0

Caesu
~ I hope posters and readers realize it's a spoof.  As I said in the other thread, it's things like this that start rumors, which turn into facts.  (or what is thought of as a fact)   And there is even a LINK that can be provided.  lol  And it must be the truth, because it was posted on the internet, right?   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 06:54:51 PM »

Look how long it took for anyone to add a comment!   

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 07:14:09 PM »

I don't know how I missed this one -

Straight Talk Express Involved In Collision, Carries Obama Bumper Sticker (PICTURES)

Florida has not been treating John McCain's campaign vessel, the Straight Talk Express, very well in the past two days. Since Tuesday the bus has been involved in a collision with a minivan and was photographed carrying a bumper sticker for Barack Obama.
On Wednesday, the Express ran over a minivan, in a botched right turn. Car blog Jalopnik has photos.

Senator McCain was not in the vehicle at the time of the crash, but Senator Joe Lieberman was. Lieberman was on his way out of an interview with Florida news outlet Local 10.

On Tuesday, one day before the collision, the Express was seen carrying an "Obama '08" bumper sticker, as photographed by The New Argument. The source of the sticker is unknown.

Pictures and full story at this site -

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/06/straight-talk-express-inv_n_117384.html

from the comments on the article -

Blueken - "Maybe some day his bus driver will be arrested for aiding a terrorist organization."

doctorwang - "Was this a failed attempt by McCain to throw Lieberman under the bus?"

13ben - "I wonder with secret service security and all, how someone got that close to the bus.... make you wonder if it was someone in their inner circle....."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 07:26:16 PM »

Look how long it took for anyone to add a comment!   

I suppose it's a case of better late then never...

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.