March 28, 2024, 04:07:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Candace Shpeley 23, Vancouver, Missing Mother of Three  (Read 11936 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: April 13, 2007, 08:19:49 AM »

Missing Abbotsford woman's car found in southeast Vancouver

Published: Friday, April 13, 2007

A car belonging to missing Abbotsford mother Candace Shpeley was recovered in Vancouver yesterday.

Abbotsford police Const. Casey Vinet said the car was spotted in southeast Vancouver by a resident, who contacted police.

"This is a major breakthrough," Vinet said. "A forensic exam of the vehicle could lead us to her."

Shpeley has been missing since March 31, when she was spotted in Surrey after having lunch in Chilliwack with her brother.

The 23-year-old mother of three didn't arrive to pick up her kids, aged six, five and three, from her estranged husband's home and has not contacted family members.

According to Shpeley's father, she has no history of depression or drug use.

Vinet said previously that there is no evidence of foul play, but her disappearance is suspicious.

He said the car had been in Vancouver for several days.

Shpeley is five feet one inch tall and 122 pounds. She has light-brown hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information is asked to call Abbotsford police at 604-859-5225.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 08:23:07 AM »

Single mom with three kids vanishes without a trace
Police are trying to track down 22-year-old woman's Grand Am
John Colebourn, The Province
Published: Thursday, April 12, 2007

Nine Abbotsford Police Department detectives are investigating the strange disappearance of Candace Shpeley, the mother of three young children.

Her father and police said yesterday they are hoping someone recognizes her car and can provide clues as to what happened to the 23-year-old single mother, who failed to show up to pick up her children, aged six, five and three, who were visiting their father March 31.

Barry Shpeley said his daughter was a reliable, devoted mother. He added that there were no problems with drugs, alcohol or depression.
Email to a friendEmail to a friendPrinter friendlyPrinter friendly
Font:

"Nobody seems to be able to find this vehicle," said Shpeley of the teal-coloured Pontiac Grand Am with B.C. licence plate 695 KXD.

"I just have to get my daughter home -- she has three kids," he said.

Police have been unable to track down the young woman.

"I'm starting to think the worst," said Shpeley. "Her kids want to know where Mommy is.

"We just said Mommy is sick -- what do you tell a six-, a five- and a three-year-old?"

Shpeley said the family thought Candace might call over Easter.

"It's hard every day that goes by," he said. "At Easter we figured she'd call . . . but there was nothing, no calls."

Abbotsford police Const. Casey Vinet said: "There is no evidence of foul play, but we are treating her disappearance as suspicious, and detectives are looking at all aspects of Candace's background."

Vinet said police were tipped that Candace's car was seen a few days after her disappearance at a

"suspected drug house" in the Fleetwood-Guildford area.

But he said it is not clear if Candace was in the vehicle.

"Finding her is a priority," said Vinet. "We have three children at home wondering where their mother is."

Shpeley said Candace fought hard for custody of her children.

They are now spending time with their father and the grandparents.

"The kids are being well looked after," he said.

He said his daughter was briefly dating someone who was recently released from prison, but he understands the relationship was over.

Candace is five feet one inch tall and 122 pounds. She has light-brown hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information is asked to call Abbotsford police at 604-859-5225.

jcolebourn@png.canwest.com

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 09:52:59 PM »

Posters go up for Abbotsford mom missing two weeks
The Province
Published: Sunday, April 15, 2007

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=897221f7-7e33-403a-b592-469d9cb1c086

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 09:05:12 AM »

Sad to say nothing new about this missing mother ofthree children

++++++++++++++++++
Family searches for missing mother of 3

The family of an Abbotsford woman who has been missing for almost a month are searching and canvassing the East Vancouver neighbourhood where her car was found.

Candace Shpeley, a 23-year-old mother of three, has been missing since March 31 when she had lunch with her brother in Chilliwack.

Candace Shpeley, 23, has not been seen by her family since March 31. Candace Shpeley, 23, has not been seen by her family since March 31.

Shpeley had been scheduled to pick up her children that afternoon, but never showed up.

Her car, a 1995 Green Pontiac Grand Am with B.C. licence plate 695 KXD, was reported to have been spotted in Surrey later that night.

It was later found on a roadway in southeast Vancouver.

Now, her father, Barry Shpeley, is canvassing the area and putting up posters appealing for the public's help.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2007/04/23/bc-missing.html

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 04:35:27 PM »

'I just want someone to tell me what happened''
Mother of three was last seen April 1 in Surrey

January 13, 2008
For 10 months, Barry Shpeley has been waiting for a phone call.

"I just want someone to tell me what happened," he said Friday, referring to the mysterious disappearance of his daughter Candace.

This week, however, Shpeley was relieved when the phone didn't ring.

On Monday, police announced they are investigating the movements of a suspected serial killer who preyed upon Fraser Valley women.

Davey Mato Butorac, 29, has been arrested and charged with two counts of second-degree murder in connection with the deaths of Sheryl Lynn Korrol of Langley and Gwendolyn Jo Lawton of Abbotsford. Investigators are also reviewing the murder of Margaret Redford, whose body was found in Bertrand Creek, less than a kilometre from Butorac's Aldergrove home.

For the Shpeley family, the news was hard to hear.

"I was thinking, should I call police? I wanted to call right away, but my wife said I shouldn't. She said that if they don't call us, it's good news," said Shpeley.

Candace was last seen near 98 Avenue and 120 Street in Surrey at about 1 a.m. April 1. The single mom was enjoying a night on the town and asked a man if he wanted to party with her. The man turned her down.

Candace was reported missing after failing to pick up her three kids later that day. The last call on her cellphone was made somewhere near the Surrey-Langley border. Her car, a blue 1995 Pontiac Grand Am, was found abandoned in Vancouver two weeks later.

Shpeley doesn't think Butorac could be responsible for Candace's disappearance.

"I think some of the [alleged victims] were prostitutes, and as far as I know, my daughter never did anything like that," he said. "They also found [those] bodies right away."

But the constant worry has taken its toll on the Abbotsford woman's family. For Christmas, they bought and wrapped a present in the hope she would come back. It is now sitting unopened in a cupboard.

Candace's two daughters, Emily and Samantha, live with their grandparents and continue to wish their mom goodnight every bedtime. Three-year-old Marshall is living with his dad.

"What gets me the most is when the girls say that mom is never coming back," said Shpeley. "That's hard. We want to stay hopeful. We want to believe she's OK."

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=746d0ea1-b6f7-49e9-ad4d-d28529b71ca8

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 11:15:31 AM »

http://www.candaceamandashpeley.ca/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 07:01:32 PM »

bump

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 09:25:31 PM »

April 11, 2008
The father of Candace Shpeley, 24, who went missing from the central Fraser Valley a year ago, will make another plea to the public for any information on her whereabouts.

Barry Shpeley will participate in a press conference with police at the Abbotsford Police station at 11 a.m. Saturday [April 12], at 2838 Justice Way, Abbotsford.

Despite the police investigation and media attention around the case she is still missing and her disappearance remains a mystery.

The family and police would like to renew appeals to the public for information surrounding her disappearance.
Along with police, Candace's mother and father will speak with media.

Candace was last seen having lunch at the A & W in Chilliwack with her brother on March 31, 2007. The single mom was reported missing after she failed to pick up her three children after the weekend.

Anyone with information can call the Abbotsford police at 604-859-5225, or go to www.candaceamandashpeley.ca

http://www.canada.com/abbotsfordtimes/news/story.html?id=e424a094-740a-4810-9ac9-31b8f8349c44

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 10:34:16 AM »

Searching for Candace

April 15, 2008

The Abbotsford Police are once again appealing to the public for any information about a missing mother of three, who has not been seen for one year.

Candace Shpeley, 24, of Abbotsford has been missing since March 31, 2007 and her parents Barry and Kathryne Shpeley are hoping someone can shed some light on their daughter's disappearance.

Meeting with the media Saturday at the Abbotsford Police station, Barry gave another impassioned plea.

>>>>the complete article
http://www.canada.com/abbotsfordtimes/news/story.html?id=af110100-09a5-441c-ae74-7214bf00c3de

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 10:30:02 PM »

=Days Missing 429

Candace Amanda Shpeley

Home

This site has been created in a desperate attempt to locate our family member Candace Amanda Shpeley. We her family are desperate for Candace’s safe return.

Candace is a beautiful young woman and a mother of three gorgeous children, a loving daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece & cousin, not too mention a friend to everyone who has ever had the great pleasure to have met her.

Candace has been missing since March 31, 2007, We her family are greatly concerned for her well being and safety. She is deeply missed by all, we need to know her whereabouts or hear from anybody that may have seen or heard, or had some sort of contact with Candace since her disappearance.

Candace’s whole family is sick with worry, all the sleepless nights and tears do not stop; nor will they stop until we know "Our Candace" is safe. We will not stop searching, we want Candace to know; we will not give up looking for you or taking care of your children until you return home.

Her beautiful children need their Mother, her parents need their daughter, and the rest of us need our very much-loved family member home. Our family is not complete without Candace. "Candace we love you and miss you so very very much". Please if anyone can get a message through to Candace, tell her not to give up hope, we will not give up on "Our Candace".

If there is anybody who can offer even a little bit of hope, maybe a sighting, a conversation or even hearsay, please do the right thing, and tell the right people. The links are below, The Abbottsford Police, or Crimestoppers, you will always remain anonymous. BUT we do need to know. There has to be somebody out there who knows where or what has happened to Candace, and that piece of information could be just the piece of the puzzle we are looking for to put this whole mystery to an end.

The countless days, weeks and now months are truly unbearable, the not knowing is the worse. We just want our Candace back, the hole in the hearts of our family and lives is incredibly empty and one of the hardest things we have ever had to deal with.

Emilee and Samantha (Candace's daughters) talk about their Mommy and it breaks our heart that we do not have an answer for these two sweet, innocent and fragile girls. Their Grandparents are wonderful and do everything that they can for them, but no one can replace a "Mother". Candace Shpeley, needs to come home!

We are asking please, come forward, please help our family find Candace. Any tip, big or small could help, if we could trace Candace’s last steps, know her last whereabouts, who she was with, where she had last been or who she had been meeting with; could all play a vital role in Candaces return.

No family should go through this, no young beautiful lady, should be missing like this and no young children should ever have their Mother disappear; EVER!!

We are begging you the public or any friends out there to please help us bring Candace home.

Candace: Your family loves and misses you, more than anyone could ever imagine. If you can read this or if anyone can help…Please, Please make some kind of contact, your family is empty without you.

Written with love and hope by Auntie Neats
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

http://www.candaceamandashpeley.ca/

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 04:15:39 PM »

Still searching for his daughter

January 09, 2009 12:24 PM
The last time he saw his daughter, Abbotsford resident Barry Shpeley said Candace dropped by his home to show off her just-purchased car, a bright blue 1995 Pontiac Grand Am. It was nearly two years ago.

She was proud of her new wheels, but there was a wonky electric power window.

Candace was 23, a single mom with three children, but she would still go to Dad every time something needed repairing.

Barry told her it would probably take a few hours because he would have to pull the inside door panel.

"Her driver's side window was okay, so there was no rush," Shpeley recalled.

They agreed he would tackle the window sometime after Easter.

It was the last time he saw his youngest child and only daughter.

She vanished on March 31, 2007.

The initial police search concentrated on North Surrey where Candace was believed to be visiting friends.

The family says Abbotsford police told them one man claimed he spoke to Candace near 98 Avenue and 120 Street around 1 a.m. on Sunday, April 1.

She wanted to go out partying but he was too tired and turned her down, the man said.

Surrey RCMP have disclosed that they ran the licence plate of Candace's car twice when it was parked outside a suspected drug house in the Guildford/Fleetwood area.

The vehicle was found abandoned in Vancouver two weeks later.

The last call on her cell phone was made near the Surrey-Langley border.

Her bank account was never touched.

After almost two years, what was a missing persons case has been taken over by the regional Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT).

On Wednesday, a frustrated Barry Shpeley staged a news conference outside the Surrey courthouse to complain about the lack of progress.

"I've been told they (IHIT) can't do anything more," he said.

"No one seems to give a damn that a young mother of three vanished."

Shpeley's own investigations have hit a dead end.

He said the last person to see his daughter has refused to talk to him.

The police have interviewed the man, but Shpeley wants a "face-to-face, man-to-man" meeting.

He said the man is facing criminal charges in Surrey on an unrelated matter.

Candace's children are being raised by their grandparents.

Candace Shpeley is Caucasian, 5’1”, 123 lbs. with brown hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the IHIT tip line at 1-877-543-9217, or if you wish to remain anonymous call Crime Stoppers at 604-669-TIPS.

More details about the case are posted at http://www.candaceamandashpeley.ca

http://www.bclocalnews.com/surrey_area/surreyleader/news/37347444.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 07:45:46 AM »

Police review Fraser Valley missing persons files after discovery of human remains near Agassiz

By Rochelle Baker, Abbotsford Times Friday February 14, 2011
snip

The body is in an advanced state of decomposition, said Cpl. Dale Carr of the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT).

The body has been at the site quite a while, said Carr.

snip
A number of individuals have gone missing from the Abbotsford and Mission area in recent years, including two teenage boys and a mother of three.

Mission resident Jeff Surtel, 17, went missing on April 29, 2007.

The Grade 11 Hatzic Secondary student disappeared on his mountain bike sometime during the night.

Abbotsford resident Munny Sikhu, also 17, went missing from his family home on March 30, 2006.

Last spring his family made another public appeal in an effort to locate the young man.

Also missing from the Abbotsford area are mother-of-three Candace Shpeley and 52-year-old Wes Foulds.

Shpeley, 23, went missing on March 31, 2007 when she failed to pick up her three children.

Her car was later found abandoned in south Vancouver after being sited earlier outside a home in Surrey.

http://www.abbotsfordtimes.com/Police+review+Fraser+Valley+missing+persons+files+after+discovery/4282335/story.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 10:21:54 AM »

Police review Fraser Valley missing persons files after discovery of human remains near Agassiz

By Rochelle Baker, Abbotsford Times Friday February 14, 2011
snip

The body is in an advanced state of decomposition, said Cpl. Dale Carr of the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT).

The body has been at the site quite a while, said Carr.

snip
A number of individuals have gone missing from the Abbotsford and Mission area in recent years, including two teenage boys and a mother of three.

Mission resident Jeff Surtel, 17, went missing on April 29, 2007.

The Grade 11 Hatzic Secondary student disappeared on his mountain bike sometime during the night.

Abbotsford resident Munny Sikhu, also 17, went missing from his family home on March 30, 2006.

Last spring his family made another public appeal in an effort to locate the young man.

Also missing from the Abbotsford area are mother-of-three Candace Shpeley and 52-year-old Wes Foulds.

Shpeley, 23, went missing on March 31, 2007 when she failed to pick up her three children.

Her car was later found abandoned in south Vancouver after being sited earlier outside a home in Surrey.

http://www.abbotsfordtimes.com/Police+review+Fraser+Valley+missing+persons+files+after+discovery/4282335/story.html
For someone's family there will be much needed time of mourning.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 07:36:03 AM »

The remains mentioned above have been ID'd as Deano Paus 40, of  Chilliwack -- missing since 3/2010
Edit to add link to post.  MB

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Body+found+near+Hope+identified+missing+Chilliwack/4310345/story.html
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 05:36:26 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 07:36:45 AM »

OOPS >>  http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Body+found+near+Hope+identified+missing+Chilliwack/4310345/story.html

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 08:04:00 AM »

Thanks for the update Nut.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 11:07:02 PM »

Killer named person of interest in young mom's disappearance

ate: Thu. Dec. 15 2011 5:37 PM ET

A convicted killer who died behind bars is considered a person of interest in the mysterious disappearance of a young B.C. mother more than four years ago, CTV News has learned.

Abbotsford resident Candace Shpeley vanished without a trace in March 2007 at the age of 23. The mother-of-three's disappearance was deemed suspicious by homicide police.

Nine months later, 44-year-old Darryl Karl Cole, a man Shpeley's parents say had spent time with their daughter, pummelled a man to death with a baseball bat.

Police now confirm Cole is a person of interest in Shpeley's case.

"He was in her company days before, if not hours before she disappeared," said Sgt. Jennifer Pound of the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team.

Police identified several persons of interest in the investigation, she added.

Pound said Cole's status as a person of interest was never changed, but he was found dead in his jail cell at the Kent Institution over the summer.

::snipping2::
http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/BritishColumbiaHome/20111215/bc_candace_shpeley_person_interest_cole_111215/

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.