March 29, 2024, 07:09:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Giovanni Gonzalez ,5, MA- Last seen Friday 8/15/08 at 4 p.m.  (Read 25106 times)
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 01:45:00 AM »

I'd just like to say his library info is interesting, I used to think we should have privacy there, but after joining my local library and seeing the things people are looking at there I'm now skeptical of this law.  I mean if people could see the books I read they'd think total nut job, but maybe the internet access is different.  Now to the the Popee (dad) could he actually read english, I thought he spoke through a translator? Was he just looking at pictures? Still pretty strange.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2008, 05:29:08 PM »

Report: Police found bloody mop at father's home of missing child
 Story Updated: Aug 22, 2008 at 9:05 PM EDT
LYNN, Mass. (AP) - Police looking for a 5-year-old boy said in a
search warrant application they found a bloody mop in his father's
Lynn apartment.

The Daily Item of Lynn reported Friday the search warrant
affidavit seeking permission for a follow-up search said the damp
mop tested positive for blood, as did a cleaning solution
container. It also said the father had "an open cut and a bandaged
finger," which he would not explain.

The documents said police also took kitchen knives, a computer
and cell phone from the apartment.

Ernesto Gonzalez has pleaded not guilty to a charge of child
endangerment. He's held on $500,000 bail.

Prosecutors say 5-year-old Giovanni Gonzalez was dropped off at
his father's home on Aug. 15. When the boy's mother went to pick
him up two days later, Gonzalez said the boy wasn't there.

http://www.cbs3springfield.com/news/morelocal/27299219.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2008, 12:12:10 PM »

Investigators intensify search for Lynn boy
Roadblocks set up in neighborhood

August 24, 2008
Federal investigators and state and local police set up roadblocks yesterday in the Lynn neighborhood where a missing 5-year-old was last reported seen about a week ago.

The goal yesterday was "to see if people going about their routines, who have the same [weekend] routine, have seen anything," said Karen Dawley, a spokeswoman for Essex District Attorney Jonathan W. Blodgett.

Shortly before 5 p.m., Dawley said she had heard of no new developments.

Authorities believe Giovanni Gonzalez went missing after being dropped off at his father's Lynn apartment on Aug. 15. When the boy's mother, Daisy Colon, went to pick him up two days later, his father, Ernesto Gonzalez, said Giovanni had never been there.

Colon has repeatedly asked the public for help in finding her son.

Colon spent yesterday handing out fliers and talking to people about her missing son. She encouraged anyone with information to come forward.

"If they know anything, any little detail. Any little detail they know, don't be afraid to come out and say it," she said speaking from her neighborhood, where she had stopped to update friends.

Colon has stayed positive about her son's chances. "Keep praying, because I still have faith. I still have faith he is coming home," she said. "Thank you for praying, those that I don't know and those that I know. Thank you for being there for me."

The search for Giovanni took a dark turn Friday, when police found a mop that appeared to have been stained with blood and cleaned with bleach inside Ernesto Gonzalez's apartment, authorities said.

Investigators also seized several knives and the cap of a household cleanser that appeared to be blood-stained.

During a search of the apartment earlier in the week, police had seized a laptop computer.

Gonzalez, 36, denies that he ever saw his son, has not cooperated with investigators, and refuses to discuss a cut on his hand.

He is being held on $500,000 bail and has pleaded not guilty to child endangerment charges.

Yesterday, as authorities continued circulating fliers about the missing boy, neighbors at the Brightwood Terrace apartments where Gonzalez lived said they rarely saw the man or his son.

"I never saw the kid until the police showed me a picture," said Kim Whitford, who lives in an apartment on the floor below Gonzalez's.

"As far as the dad goes, he really didn't want to talk to anybody, so he pretty much just kept to himself," Whitford said.

Neighbor Nick Arroyo, who has lived in the building about a month, said he recalls seeing Gonzalez with his son only a few times.

"He usually played around with his son," Arroyo recalled. "Both times I saw him, his son had a little toy car he played around with."

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2008/08/24/investigators_intensify_search_for_lynn_boy/

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2008, 09:01:04 PM »

The father is employed in a meat packing plant........this fact is making me very nervous.

OMG me too

I hadn't thought of that possibility.  My husband has gone there to pickup loads (he drives truck) he said the place is huge and tons of people work there. 

Maine, born and raised!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2008, 09:04:00 PM »

Our local news www.wcsh6.com had this on their website......

LYNN, Mass. (AP) -- The search continues for a missing five-year-old boy from Lynn.

Local and state police officers, together with FBI agents, Saturday set up "informational roadblocks" in the neighborhood where Giovanni Gonzalez was last seen. They are handing out flyers and are seeking information from people who routinely travel through the area around Brightwood Terrace.

It is the latest operation of the weeklong search that has involved a dozen law enforcement agencies and Lynn city departments. Prosecutors said the boy was dropped off at his father's home August 15. When the boy's mother went to pick him up two days later, Gonzalez said their son wasn't there.

Police have found a bloody mop in his father's apartment, but officials say investigators still hope the boy is alive. His father, Ernesto Gonzalez, has pleaded not guilty to child endangerment. He's held on $500,000 bail.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

This is not a good sign.....

Maine, born and raised!
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2008, 09:35:28 PM »

The father is employed in a meat packing plant........this fact is making me very nervous.

OMG me too

I hadn't thought of that possibility.  My husband has gone there to pickup loads (he drives truck) he said the place is huge and tons of people work there. 

It made me nervous when I first read it as well...now the mop!
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2008, 07:10:01 PM »

Teams Scour Cemetery In Missing Boy Search
Giovanni Gonzalez Missing For Week

UPDATED: 5:21 pm EDT August 25, 2008
BOSTON -- The search for a 5-year-old boy missing for more than a week focused on a cemetery in Lynn on Monday, the Lynn Daily Item said.

Lynn and state police used K-9 cadaver dogs in their search of Pine Grove Cemetery for Giovanni Gonzalez.

Giovanni was reported missing on Aug. 18 when the boy's father, Ernesto Gonzalez, 36, of Lynn, failed to return the boy to his mother, according to police.

Giovanni was brought by his mother to his father's home at 2 Brightwood Terrace in Lynn on Aug. 15 for a weekend visit. Police said Gonzalez did not return Giovanni to Daisy Colon, 22, of East Boston, at the end of the weekend.

>>>>the complete article
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/17289753/detail.html

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2008, 12:35:27 PM »

Lynn police scour evidence in disappearance of Giovanni Gonzalez

By Jessica Fargen
Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - Added 47m ago

Police are taking a fresh look at the case of a missing East Boston boy, 10 days after the adorable 5-year-old disappeared following a two-day visit with his father

“It’s an active investigation. They are going through the case systematically and making sure nothing was overlooked and trying to be as thorough as possible . . . as time passes, we become more concerned,” said Lynn Police Lt. William Sharpe.

Police have scaled back on the physical search of the area where Giovanni Gonzalez was staying and have refocused to review evidence gathered during the initial investigation, Sharpe said.

“The primary search is over. They are going through the case again,” Sharpe said.

Giovanni’s mother, Daisy Colon, dropped him off Aug. 15 at the Lynn apartment of his father, Ernesto Gonzalez. Two days later when she went to pick up Giovanni, Gonzalez told her their son wasn’t there, she told police.

A search of Gonzalez’ Brightwood Terrace apartment turned up a mop and a bottle of pine cleaner that tested positive for blood. Gonzalez is charged with child endangerment and is being held on $500,000 cash bail.

Police have passed out fliers in the Brightwood Terrace neighborhood seeking tips on Giovanni’s whereabouts. An “informational roadblock” set up in the neighborhood on Saturday yielded some tips, Sharpe said, but the investigation is ongoing.

jfargen@bostonherald.com
(1) Comments  |  Post / Read Comments

JamieLee
It's really good to know that it's on going but not good enough! Lynn is so big and you only see Lynn police in downtown lynn looking for him it's NOT good enough! What about where his father's family is? look everywhere and can some one answer me why did his father's cousin say "It didn't have to come to this!" she knows alot more than that anyone thinks you don't say something NO matter what unless you know something!

#364267 - Aug 27, 2008 12:00 PM EDT

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view/2008_08_27_Lynn_police_scour_evidence_in_disappearance_of_Giovanni_Gonzalez/srvc=home&position=recent

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2008, 01:20:18 PM »

DA says he’s optimistic missing boy is alive

August 28, 2008
Test results are back from blood found in the Lynn home of a missing boy’s father and the district attorney says he’s “optimistic” the child is still alive.

Essex District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett will not disclose the blood test results because of the ongoing investigation, his spokesman Steve O’Connell said this morning. But, Blodgett is hopeful that the adorable 5-year-old boy is still alive.

“We still have optimistic hopes Giovanni Gonzalez is alive,” Blodgett said.

Giovanni’s mother, Daisy Colon, dropped him off Aug. 15 at the Lynn apartment of his father, Ernesto Gonzalez. Two days later when she went to pick up Giovanni, Gonzalez told her their son wasn’t there, she told police.

A search of Gonzalez’ Brightwood Terrace apartment turned up a mop and a bottle of pine cleaner that tested positive for blood. Gonzalez is charged with child endangerment and is being held on $500,000 cash bail.

The frenzied local search for Giovanni will get a national boost this weekend when the crimefighting showcase America’s Most Wanted runs photos of Giovanni during its Saturday night broadcast, according to Boston’s FOX25 channel. The America’s Most Wanted Web site already has a Web page dedicated to the Giovanni investigation, including photos of Giovanni and his father.

In addition, Giovanni’s smiling face is featured prominently on the main Web page for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Yesterday, Lynn police said they had scaled back on the physical search of the area where Giovanni was staying and are reviewing evidence gathered during the initial investigation.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view/2008_08_28_DA_says_he_s_optimistic_missing_boy_alive/srvc=home&position=3

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2008, 04:38:35 AM »

Police plot strategy in hunt for boy

Lynn case to air on 'America's Most Wanted'
By Jonnelle Marte

Globe Correspondent / August 29, 2008

About 25 investigators from the Lynn Police Department, the FBI, and State Police met for several hours yesterday morning to determine the next steps in their search for a 5-year-old boy who disappeared almost two weeks ago.

"We are pursuing it that he is still alive," Lynn Police Captain Mark O'Toole said during a news conference yesterday about Giovanni Gonzalez, who was reported missing Aug. 17 by his mother two days after she dropped him off at the home of his father, Ernesto L. Gonzalez Jr., 36. "We have nothing at this time to suggest otherwise."

Investigators have been distributing a missing person flier that will be aired tomorrow on "America's Most Wanted," a move detectives hope will draw national attention to the case. The flier shows a picture of a smiling Giovanni beside a police photo of his father, a Puerto Rican native with a dark goatee.

"We don't know whether he's still in Lynn, whether he's still in Massachusetts," O'Toole said of the boy at yesterday's news conference at police headquarters. "We don't know who he might be with."

O'Toole said police have no evidence to suggest the boy has been taken out of the country.

Detectives who searched the father's apartment became alarmed when they found a blood-stained mop and blood on the cap of a cleaning product, both of which were tested. Steve O'Connell, a spokesman for Essex District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett, maintained yesterday that he could not discuss the blood test results because the investigation in ongoing. Investigators received the results Wednesday.

Among the items investigators took from Gonzalez's apartment were the mop and cleaner, toys, a knife, and lighter fluid, according to court records.

Giovanni's mother, Daisy Colon, reported her son missing after she got no response when she went to pick him up at Gonzalez's Brightwood Terrace apartment in Lynn.

Police later entered the apartment and found Gonzalez, but not the boy. Police have searched for the child in wooded areas, cemeteries, and empty buildings in Lynn.

According to police records, Colon told authorities that the parents had a verbal agreement to hold scheduled visits until Sept. 15, when they were supposed to go to court to work out custody and visitation rights. Ernesto Gonzalez Jr. denies ever having the boy and has refused to cooperate, though witnesses have told police they saw the father and son together the same weekend the boy went missing. The father has been charged with child endangerment and is being held on $500,000 cash bail.

Colon said yesterday that she believes that her son is still alive.

"I know and I have it in my heart, and I feel it that he is alive," Colon said in a telephone interview, her voice raspy.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2008/08/29/police_plot_strategy_in_hunt_for_boy/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2008, 06:33:50 PM »

Sep 10, 2008 1:12 pm US/Eastern
Accomplice May Have Helped Kidnap Giovanni
LYNN (WBZ) ― Lynn police are looking into the possibility that someone helped a Lynn father kidnap his 5-year-old son.

Giovanni Gonzalez has been missing since Aug. 16 when his mother went to pick him up from a weekend visit with his father, Ernesto Gonzalez.

Police have always been looking into the fact there may have been an accomplice in the alleged kidnapping, the Essex County District Attorney's Office said.

Gonzalez has refused to cooperate with police and will not say what happened to Giovanni. He is being held on $500,000 cash bail on charges of child endangerment.

Gonzalez did not have a car, so police are now hoping buses and public transportation will offer clues into the little boy's disappearance.

A billboard with Giovanni's picture has been scheduled to be put up in Lynn's Wyoma Square. Clear Channel donated the space in hopes it will help with the search.

Investigators in Lynn say they have no reason to think that Giovanni is not alive despite a bloody mop being found at his father's home after the boy's disappearance. Upon his arrest, Ernesto Gonzalez had a cut on his hand that he wouldn't explain.

The search for the young boy has spanned throughout Lynn, including parks, cemeteries and lakes, and down to Puerto Rico where Gonzalez is from.

Giovanni's mother has pleaded to Gonzalez to talk to police.

Police urge anyone with information about Giovanni's whereabouts to contact Lynn police at 781-595-2000.
http://wbztv.com/local/bloody.mop.found.2.814102.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2008, 11:19:03 AM »

Mother hopeful missing 5-year-old son still alive

LYNN, Mass. -- The mother of a missing 5-year-old is holding out hope that her son is still alive.

Giovanni Gonzalez has been missing for more than a month, and the boy's father, Ernesto Gonzalez, refused to show his face in court Wednesday.

Ernesto GonZales' constituional rights allowed him to steer clear of the courtroom. Gonzalez is being held on child endangerment charges.

"I was hoping he would come upstairs and say something," said Daisy Colon, Giovanni's mother. "I mean it's been 30 days."

The 5-year-old was last seen visiting with his father at his Lynn apartment.

An exhaustive search of the neighborhood has turned up nothing leaving investigators frustrated and developing a plan B

"We're now going back and reviewing what we haven't done and perhaps review what we've already done to do in a better way," said John Dawley, First Assistant DA Essex County.

Investigators are even following up on tips they say lack credibility, but they say they haven't given up hope that the little boy is still alive.

"We're obviously hopeful he's still alive," Dawley said. "We're hopeful we'll find the one tip or lead that will get us closer to finding him today, but again, we have to be realistic on our assessment."

The assessment includes investigating whether the child was left in the trash that the City of Lynn burns on a regular basis.

Investigators working round the clock on this case say they are now convinced Giovanni is not in Puerto Rico where his father's family still lives.
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO88407/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2008, 07:42:57 PM »

Life without Giovanni   
September 21, 2008

Even when it comes, sleep brings no relief to Daisy Colon.

"Last night I dreamed somebody tied me to the bed, and I couldn't get free," she says. "The time was flying. The sun was going up and down, up and down, up and down. I was trying to call my mom, but all I could make was this noise."

She is helpless during her waking hours, too.

Five weeks ago today, Colon went to pick up her son Giovanni Gonzalez after a weekend at his father Ernesto's place in Lynn. They weren't there. She waited for them for hours, then called police. They found Ernesto, but there was no sign of Giovanni. The father denied having seen his son at all that weekend.

Desperate, incensed, Daisy confronted Ernesto at the police station. She demanded to know where her son was. Offered not to press charges. Begged him.

"You have him," he kept saying. "You have him."

And to this day, even after being charged with child endangerment and jailed on $500,000 bail, Ernesto has nothing more to say about the 5-year-old with the wide smile and the Spiderman obsession.

So Daisy Colon drags herself through the days, separated from her beloved child, frustrated, empty.

She forces herself to eat once a day. She chain-smokes Newports on her East Boston stoop. She hugs her daughter Angie, not yet 2, affecting cheeriness for her sake. She stays out of her son's room, where all of his toys are in a box in a corner because she can't bear to look at them.

She plays the same gospel song over and over in her car on the way to see the Essex County DA: "My soul magnifies the Lord. You're my strength. You're my shield." She closes her eyes at stoplights to take in the words. God has a reason for putting her through this, she says.

Every day, every couple of hours, she calls the DA and the Lynn police to ask if there's anything new.

There is nothing new.

Because Ernesto Gonzalez, sitting in his cell, says nothing.

"Do you think he might read this in prison?" Daisy asks. "If he's reading this, I want to say something that will catch his attention."

After 35 days, what could catch his attention?

She pauses, searching.

Finally, she settles on this: "You wanted to hurt me, and you did. It's killing me inside. But it's Giovanni's future, and he needs to show up soon. If you know where he is or if somebody has him, just put him somewhere public - a hospital, a post office, a police station, a mall - anywhere that he can say his name and where he lives."

Her heart tells her Giovanni is alive. Even when police found a blood-stained mop at Ernesto's place, Daisy refused to believe her son had been hurt. Investigators found that the blood was not Giovanni's.

"My mind has a lot of those thoughts, but my heart is straight on one thing," she says. "He's OK."

Still, he has missed out on the start of kindergarten at the Samuel Adams School. He must miss his precious Superman suit with the padded chest muscles. He must be asking questions.

As police follow a host of so-far fruitless leads, Ernesto seems ready to stay right where he is - saying nothing, waiting everybody out. He hasn't sought a bail reduction. He seems utterly disconnected, not even bothering to use all of his telephone privileges.

They can't hold him forever. He has a court date in November to answer the charges. Even if convicted, he faces a maximum of 2 1/2 years in a house of correction.

Maybe he's figuring 2 1/2 years isn't that long to endure, if it means getting away with whatever it is he may have done.

But every minute of Giovanni's life is precious. And for Daisy, every minute without him is torture.

The minutes pile up by the thousand, and the sun goes up and down, up and down.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2008/09/21/life_without_giovanni/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2008, 07:07:36 PM »

Judge denies lower bail for father of missing boy
September 26, 2008

SALEM, Mass.—A judge has refused to lower bail for the father of a missing 5-year-old boy.

Ernesto Gonzalez, of Lynn, is being held on $500,000 on a child endangerment charge. Prosecutors say his son, Giovanni Gonzalez, was last seen with his father more than a month ago.

A public defender asked in Salem Superior Court Friday for a reduction in bail to $14,000, arguing that the state has no probable cause to believe that Gonzalez put his son in any danger. But a prosecutor argued that Gonzalez would be a flight risk if released.

Judge Howard Whitehead declined to lower the $500,000 bail.

Prosecutors say the boy was dropped off at his father's home Aug. 15. When the boy's mother went to pick him up two days later, Gonzalez said their son wasn't there.
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2008/09/26/judge_denies_lower_bail_for_father_of_missing_boy/?rss_id=Boston.com+--+Latest+news

Weeble
Scared Monkey

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2008, 09:14:08 PM »

Mom Confronts Dad About Missing Son
Last Edited: Monday, 29 Sep 2008, 10:36 PM EDT
Created: Monday, 29 Sep 2008, 10:36 PM EDT

FOX25's Bob Ward reports.
LYNN, Mass.  --  The mother of missing Lynn boy Giovanni Gonzalez says she went to the jail to confront the boys father, Ernesto. She told FOX25's Bob Ward that she asked Ernesto is he killed Giovannini, but Ernesto didn't answer.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7541586&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.
Weeble
Scared Monkey

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2008, 05:46:42 PM »

Giovanni still focus of police, lawyers

By Thor Jourgensen / The Daily Item
LYNN - His face is the picture of boyish glee beaming down on Wyoma Square, a reminder that the search for five year-old Giovanni Gonzalez is entering its fourth month.

The East Boston kindergartener has not been seen since his father's neighbors saw him playing outside 2 Brightwood Terrace on Aug. 16. His mother went to pick him up at Ernesto Gonzalez' apartment a day later and summoned police after she could not locate her son.

Ernesto Gonzalez told police he never saw the boy that weekend and, according to the District Attorney's office, he has not discussed the boy's whereabouts or fate since Aug. 17.

"It's a gut-wrenching case," said Michael MacDonald, a Lynn attorney all too familiar with missing children cases.

He represented Magdalena Rodriguez, the mother of Jesus De La Cruz, who vanished from Park Street on Sept. 28, 1996. MacDonald said Gonzalez' disappearance and his father's silence remain conversation topics in Lynn District Court.

"This is a little boy; he's the father. You hope he would do anything to help the boy. That's the moral issue. The legal issue is quite different," MacDonald said.
He said Ernesto Gonzalez' refusal to speak to authorities from his cell in the Essex House of Correction reflects the wishes of "any good defense attorney" to protect his client.

Another local attorney, Eric Jarosz, said the caliber of the two attorneys on opposing sides of the Gonzalez case underscores its seriousness. Top public defender Lawrence Maguire represents Gonzalez and prosecutor John Dawley has appeared for District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett on hearings involving Gonzalez.

Gonzalez pleaded innocent to a child endangerment charge on Aug. 18 and is due back in court on Nov. 18. Maguire declined to comment on the case Thursday.

Police, the DA's office and the Center for Missing and Exploited Children remain determined to find the boy.

Days after his disappearance, the Center posted appeals for help finding him in Massachusetts and Puerto Rico. The boy's mother told police on Aug. 17 that Giovanni wanted to visit a half brother on the island.

"That's our focus still," said Center senior case manager Gary Gardiner earlier this month.

Police searches in Puerto Rico have not produced leads to date but police have not abandoned search plans there or locally.

"We ask anyone with any information to contact Lynn police and help us bring Giovanni home," DA's spokesman Steve O'Connell said.

Daisy Colon also remains committed to finding her son.

"I don't let negative thoughts come to mind. I just try to stay positive."

http://www.itemlive.com/articles/2008/11/02/news/news02.txt
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2008, 08:26:26 PM »

Nov 18, 7:13 PM EST
Trial set for father of missing Lynn boy

LYNN, Mass. (AP) -- A Jan. 13 trial date has been set for a Lynn man prosecutors claim is responsible for his 5-year-old son's disappearance.

Thirty-six-year-old Ernesto Gonzalez has been held on $500,000 bail on a child endangerment charge since his son, Giovanni, was reported missing three months ago. The father made his first appearance in Lynn District Court at a brief hearing Tuesday. His lawyer is asking that the charge be dismissed for lack of evidence.

Giovanni's mother, Daisy Colon, says she dropped her son off at his father's Lynn home in mid-August for a weekend visit, but when she returned to pick him up, Gonzalez claimed he didn't know where the boy was.

Steve O'Connell, a spokesman for Essex District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett, said investigators are again asking for the public's help to find the boy.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MA_MISSING_BOY_MAOL-?SITE=RIPRJ&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2008, 12:48:48 AM »

Father of Giovanni Gonzalez wants charges dropped

Tuesday, November 18, 2008
The bearded, wild-haired Lynn father of a 5-year-old boy not seen or heard from in three months today demanded the state’s fragile case of child endangerment against him be dropped.

A hearing on Ernesto Gonzalez’ motions to dismiss is scheduled for Dec. 11 in Lynn District Court, where, still held on $500,000 cash bail, he briefly appeared today with his defense attorney Lawrence McGuire.

Gonzalez, 36, who stood shackled in a yellow T-shirt with his jaw locked, did not return the stare of Daisy Colon, 33, little Giovanni Gonzalez’ desperate mother.

Colon left the court, refusing to speak to reporters.

Gonzalez is expected to go to trial Jan. 13.

“The case remains under investigation,” said Steve O’Connell, spokesman for Essex District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett. “We always hope for more information.”

O’Connell renewed prosecutors’ pleas to the public to come forward to Lynn police with any information that may help find Giovanni. They are also interested in knowing if anyone recalls seeing the father out alone the weekend of Aug. 15, when his son was supposed to be visiting him.

“We’ll follow every lead, we’ll spare no expense, we’ll spare no manpower to bring this little boy home,” O’Connell said.

Gonzalez is also asking the court to suppress as evidence any items investigators took from his apartment on Brightwood Terrace Aug. 18, including the boy’s toys, a bottle of cleaner, a mop head, trash bags and a knife that was found on the kitchen floor.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/2008_11_18_Mom_of_missing_Lynn_boy_hopeful_father_will_speak/srvc=home&position=recent

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2008, 09:58:29 AM »

Newspaper: Father says he killed missing son
November 26, 2008

MIDDLETON, Mass.—A man arrested after his 5-year-old son disappeared during an August visit tells a newspaper he stabbed the boy to death.

In a jailhouse interview Wednesday, Ernesto Gonzalez Jr. told The Boston Globe that after he killed his son, Giovanni, he dismembered the boy in the tub of his Lynn apartment and discarded the body parts.

Gonzalez said he didn't intend to kill his son, it just "happened." He told the Globe he loved his son and is "regretful."

Gonzalez has been held on $500,000 bail since his August arrest on a child endangerment charge.

Essex County officials were skeptical about the confession, saying there's no evidence to corroborate it.

His lawyer criticized the Globe for interviewing his client while the case is pending and said there's no proof Gonzalez harmed his child
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2008/11/26/newspaper_father_says_he_killed_missing_son/?rss_id=Boston.com+--+Latest+news

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2008, 09:15:07 PM »

Dec 10, 5:25 PM EST

Lynn dad accused of misleading search for son

BOSTON (AP) -- A Lynn man held in the disappearance of his 5-year-old son has been indicted on charges of parental kidnapping and misleading police.

The Essex County grand jury indictment of Ernesto Gonzalez on Wednesday carries a maximum sentence of one year for the kidnapping charge and a maximum penalty of 10 years in for the misleading charge.

Last month, the 36-year-old Lynn man said in a jailhouse interview with The Boston Globe that he killed his son, Giovanni, and dismembered him in his Lynn apartment. Authorities have said they are skeptical of his story.

The boy has been missing since August when his mother dropped him off at his father's apartment for a visit.

Gonazlez has been held on a child endangerment charge, which prosecutors say will be dismissed.

His attorney did not immediately return a call for comment.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MA_MISSING_BOY_MAOL-?SITE=RIPRJ&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.