April 22, 2024, 11:06:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama wants to “Protect” America  (Read 4964 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: August 20, 2008, 09:30:11 AM »

I found this video link on the Greta blog this morning-

http://macsmind.com/wordpress/2008/06/08/obama-wants-to-protect-america/

Some at the site suggest this is a 'hack'.  Is this for real?

My comments -

Where would Obama spend 9 billion a month if not Iraq?  Perhaps he'd move this to Afghanistan?  Would he give the 9 billion back to working Americans that are struggling every day to make ends meet?

Does the U.S. have some kind of nuclear 'hair trigger' agreement with Russia?  Russia is just one small country.  What about the rest of the  global village?  What are they packing?  How many weapons are they pointing at the U.S.?  Conventional?  Nuclear?  Other weapons of mass distruction?  Biological?  Terror?

Is it possible to test defense weapons systems?  In an ideal world, all weapon systems would REMAIN UNPROVEN.  jmho 

What is the alternative?

How does Obama measure failure?  How many terrorist/non-friendly countries may have been thwarted by government organizations?  How many by having a strong defense?  How can anyone prevent the next 911?  Is it possible to control everyone?

There is always someone who doesn't like you, or the country you live in.  jmho

How would Obama defend the U.S. from other countries and terrorists?  If this video shows the things you want to end, what would you do to replace them?  What is your plan for protection?  Your promise for national security? 

Is Obama making a promise to eliminate the defensive systems of the U.S.?  What happens to the weak in the global village? 

How would you protect the American people?  Has your protection plan been proven?

What special interest groups fund your campaign?  Lobbyists?  Who are those contributors that are non-U.S. based?  Who do they represent?

I can probably guess at McCains positions, but what of Obama? 

Are other defense organizations at risk?  Maybe law enforcement in our local communities?  Maybe we'll just talk to everyone and close our eyes to the ugly things going on around us?

I like a lot of Obama's messages, but sometimes, the devil is in the details.

=================
Just a reminder -

I.O.U.S.A. movie/documentary starts Thursday.  This link has a list of theaters in the U.S. that are on the play list -

http://www.fathomevents.com/news/default.aspx?newsid=144

preview -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBo2xQIWHiM

http://www.agorafinancial.com/iousa.html

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 02:39:25 AM »

obama should pay more attention to what's going on in georgia
instead of making such a VP hype now.

on this one mccain is much better.

implications of what russia is doing there are huge for geo-political balances.
i presume that zbigniew brezinski advises obama about the situation.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 02:57:39 PM »

caesu, for once you and I agree.

Bush has always known not to trust Putin, now the rest of our modern world is learning why. Just imagine if Russia were to join with Iran at this moment against not only the US but also much of northern Europe in their sights also?

Beyond frightening and Putin has placed quite a few of his oligarch's he tutored and bred across Europe, the Caribbean, South America. There is a reason.......they have been quietly investing for the last five years and have their fingers in the economies of all of those regions.

and Obama plays games like a child playing keep-away with the name of his VP? It truly is ALL about Obama, in his mind.

WhiskeyGirl - thanks for your post, I had not seen this nor Obama's ludicrous video about how to end the nuclear race. He really can't be that naive, but he's planning on quite a few voters being that naive.

I continue to stand with the girl.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 12:10:30 AM »

I agree with you both, nonesy and caesu. The implications of what is going on in Georgia have world implications, and none of them are good.

I'm not sure that most people in this country realize how pivotal this could be, and I will admit that we, here in America, still suffer from nearsightedness. I really do believe, even outside of the current political climate, that we absolutely have to have a President that other leaders who would overtake their neighbors, fear a bit. Reagan believed we should always carry a big stick, and I think he's right. I feel strongly that the perception of a US big stick, is essential for a more peaceful world. Somehow announcing to the world that your strategy would be to "talk things out regardless of what action is taken" isn't helpful, in my opinion.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 10:30:21 AM »

OMG! Whiskeygirl, I just watched that video! I hadn't seen it, but it's frightening! Peace through strength .........so we don't HAVE to use it, is fundamental and foundational and critical. OMG! There is absolutely no way in this world that we can "trust" our enemies, or the enemies of freedom to honor verbal deals and nice words. Even if we could for a short period of time, we would be putting the next generation in grave peril. OMG! We cannot disarm and disassemble our nuclear advantages.

Dear God, please, for the sake of our country and for the sake of all non-aggresive countries on this earth, please don't let Obama be our next President.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 11:14:41 AM »

obama should pay more attention to what's going on in georgia
instead of making such a VP hype now.

on this one mccain is much better.

implications of what russia is doing there are huge for geo-political balances.
i presume that zbigniew brezinski advises obama about the situation.

Wow!  I actually agree with you. LOL 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.