March 29, 2024, 03:33:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama has a glass house in Kenwood  (Read 3937 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: August 22, 2008, 08:09:54 PM »

I did a little googling regarding Obama's residence since he's given two days of speeches about how he owns just one piddlin' ole house like us poor folks - in actuality he's inflated McCain's investment properties actually owned by his wife or her company, into this "many houses" slander. He says it grinning like the cheshire cat, when he acts like this is does soooo remind me of Reverend Wright 

Anyway, this is Obama's little ole house folks
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/202/462315720_565e95cbe9.jpg%3Fv%3D0&imgrefurl=http://flickr.com/photos/mss2400/462315720&h=1200&w=1600&sz=186&hl=en&start=3&usg=__zxY5FM_AdC7-5a6-01tWiNjmhVA=&tbnid=fC913G0k-MudDM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3DBarack%2BObama%2527s%2Bhouse%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

Be sure to read this text beneath the photo for it's important as is the name Rezko The lot on the left is the subject of the "Rezko" deal. Rezko bought the lot for the asking price, and the Obamas got $300,000 off the asking price. Rezko was recently found guilty of "influence peddling" related charges in the federal court in Chicago.

Furthermore, read this regarding Obama's relationship with Rezko, and this is just the tip of the iceberg of Obama's relationship with Rezko

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t254/pointecoupeedemocrat/barack_obamas_house.jpg&imgrefurl=http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/05/26/what-obama-neglected-to-mention-in-his-wesleyan-commencement-address/&h=375&w=500&sz=69&hl=en&start=20&usg=__GEvy4rIPYPfmStVE8O1hD_wZVQc=&tbnid=AoBzSsF6vdQMZM:&tbnh=98&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3DBarack%2BObama%2527s%2Bhouse%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

Very brief chronology of the Obamas’ questionable purchase of the Kenwood mansion with indicted slumlord and notorious political fixer Antoin “Tony” Rezko:

- At the same time, Rita Rezko buys the garden plot, 5046 South Greenwood Avenue,for the asking price of $625,000

- June 15, 2005: Barack Obama and his wife Michelle buy 5050 South Greenwood Avenue in Kenwood, Chicago, for $1.65 million – $300,000 less than asking price

- January 2006: Mrs. Rezko sells a 10ft strip of garden to the Obamas for $104,500

- December 28, 2006: Mrs Rezko sells remainder of garden plot to a lawyer who works for her husband’s business for $575,000
Metal fence and trees prevent access to garden plot

- Only way into garden plot is through the Obamas’ front gate

Have you been wondering about Obama's ex-minister Reverend Wright? Well don't worry about him, he's moving into a "gift" of a home from his church (Trinity) in a predominately white neighborhood with a country club to the tune of well over a million?????

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://bp3.blogger.com/_S2CbP3_oaUE/SArS3lutRlI/AAAAAAAAB98/rGBx0Inz3Gk/s400/wright_house_2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://alcina-moreramblings.blogspot.com/2008/04/reverend-wrights-new-home-in-white.html&h=281&w=400&sz=40&hl=en&start=71&usg=__PpTKFjc-nwU-zU4pd7LoDC7Xm8g=&tbnid=3dVGe5zWbNpqoM:&tbnh=87&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3DBarack%2BObama%2527s%2Bhouse%26start%3D60%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D20%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

Tylergal, where are you - we need your insights and this is a mighty chunk for you to chew on please !!!

I continue to stand with the girl.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 01:13:06 AM »

I've been watching the networks sitting outside Joe Biden's house, and they just announced that indeed, he is Obama's choice. The house is opulent. The salary for a US Senator is currently $167,000.00 a year.

He's been in the Senate over half his life, practicing law a short time after he graduated. He went into the Senate at age 29. He has kids to support.

I think the better question is where Biden got his money. We know where McCain got his, and folks, it wasn't from his Senate career.

I suppose the same question could be asked of Obama.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 01:54:47 AM by crazybabyborg » Logged
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 10:17:51 AM »

CBB I agree, Biden's wife and daughter died in a tragic auto accident, I don't know if he ever remarried but like you - I'd like to know where his $$ have come from.

I bet Joe starts some of his "colorful language" before long 

I continue to stand with the girl.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 01:16:21 PM »

CBB I agree, Biden's wife and daughter died in a tragic auto accident, I don't know if he ever remarried but like you - I'd like to know where his $$ have come from.

I bet Joe starts some of his "colorful language" before long 

My ex husband's annual salary was slightly more than that of a Senator, and I'm in upper East Tennessee. Cost of Living here is far, far less than anywhere around DC or Chicago. We had a house in a nice, not exclusive, older neighborhood and the house was a remodeled split foyer, built in 1975 for heaven's sake! Nothing to write home about; no walk in closets, sunken tubs, etc. just 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, living room, den, small dining room, and we added a family room off of the kitchen. We had car payments, insurance, bills, and a kid who played sports so we travelled to see games. No complaints, but on less salary, Joe Biden has the "Biden Compound" within commuting distance from DC!!?

How did he afford that compound???

McCain's houses include investments from Cindy's business interests. Up until recently, houses were a great investment and smart business owners often used real estate in much the same way as investors played the stock market. The fact that he didn't know how many properties he and/or Cindy held at a given moment is no surprise to me at all. I wish he answered the question by saying, "The economy is a very critical concern for me and my wife, who actually owns a business in the private sector and has never relied on the public's tax money. She's been successful and real estate is an integral part of her portfolio, so I'm not sure how many properties she holds at present, but you can bet that I understand the concerns of the American people because it hits very close to home when opportunities are effected by economic impacts. I intend to rely on her good business sense when selecting domestic advisors and I she has my ear when it comes to keeping government at bay for business owners."
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 02:09:18 PM »

This is a great thread....very informative. Thanks for getting this info up for me to read. This election is critical, and we all need a clear view before we enter the voting booth.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 02:22:23 PM »

McCain's houses include investments from Cindy's business interests. Up until recently, houses were a great investment and smart business owners often used real estate in much the same way as investors played the stock market. The fact that he didn't know how many properties he and/or Cindy held at a given moment is no surprise to me at all. I wish he answered the question by saying, "The economy is a very critical concern for me and my wife, who actually owns a business in the private sector and has never relied on the public's tax money. She's been successful and real estate is an integral part of her portfolio, so I'm not sure how many properties she holds at present, but you can bet that I understand the concerns of the American people because it hits very close to home when opportunities are effected by economic impacts. I intend to rely on her good business sense when selecting domestic advisors and I she has my ear when it comes to keeping government at bay for business owners."

IMHO, there's a HUGE difference in how many "homes" a man owns, versus the investment property he may have. Those properties are not bought with the intention of keeping them long term, or for use as a family residence if they are rentals, so it's the old comparing apples to oranges thing. It's just another kind of business. Real estate has always been a good investment, and in slow times, investors often hold on to their properties until the market improves. Lots of poor people have gotten rich doing the same thing, starting out with one cheap house, and building their wealth over a few years by investing in property.
If Obama had a law office, and if he owned the building housing that office, it could be considered the exact same thing....an investment property. It's business.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 03:47:42 PM »

I believe a person may own many houses and dwellings and consider none of them a home.

A person may own no property and have many homes.

A home is many things to many people.  There is an old saying that home is ~

~ where the heart is

~ where you lay your head at night

~ where you hang your hat

~ where happy memories grow

~ anywhere you are

How many homes do you have?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 03:32:55 PM »

I believe a person may own many houses and dwellings and consider none of them a home.

A person may own no property and have many homes.

A home is many things to many people.  There is an old saying that home is ~

~ where the heart is

~ where you lay your head at night

~ where you hang your hat

~ where happy memories grow

~ anywhere you are

How many homes do you have?

thumleft  "There's no place like home." ~ Dorothy

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.