April 16, 2024, 09:12:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Political Party for All Americans  (Read 1814 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: August 26, 2008, 08:38:42 AM »

A Political Party for All Americans

What is wrong with the United States?

The biggest problem I see is the national debt.  The camels back broke a long time ago, and politicians, Democrats and Republicans, keep adding to the burden.  How long can any one person or government keep spending?  When does the addiction stop?

When the economy goes sour, people lose their ability to survive.  Difficult times mean it is harder to put food on your table, provide a roof over your head, and to choose life.

How many American's have seven homes like John McCain?  How many folks can afford a mansion like the Obama family?  How many homes will Barack & Michelle have when he is as old as John McCain?

I do not see any difference between an Obama presidency and the current Bush administration.  How will a McCain presidency be different?

I see either choice, Obama or McCain as continuing to add to the national debt, but at a more alarming rate.  The rate increases by the number of promises to spend money, the number of I will give you XYZ, and PDQ...and not tell you that it will be funded out of your deep pockets, one way or another.  I'll just confuse you with a verbal shell game. 

Not everyone will strive to be as rich as the Obamas or the McCains.  I believe they should have the opportunity.  How many people are fighting to get into places like Cuba or Bangladesh?

What I believe the U.S. needs is a strong middle road.  A political party for all Americans.

Just my humble opinions.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 09:30:07 PM »

I am not alone.  Where are the presidential candidate voting records?

Another opinion -

Doesn't make me a Democrat

By Mike Isaac

August 28, 2008
Thursday

Somehow my defense of Ted Stevens and my dislike of John McCain the RINO republican from AZ makes me a Democrat according to Kris Hansen's letter dated 08/09/08 -- and someone trying to sway voters of Alaska????

Come on you should know better than that, you live in one of the most liberal parts of the country and I would guess Ted has very few defenders in the Seattle area. Plus your boy BUSH has spent far more money on government programs than Clinton dreamed of. The truth is the last time we had a true Republican in the White House was back in the 80's, some "Dude" from California Ronald Reagan.

Just because some Arizona hack has a (R) next to his name does not make him a Reagan Republican. His votes with Ted Kennedy last summer on the amnesty issue were actions that spoke for themselves and are NOT RHETORIC. You also missed the point about the need for 41 Senate Republicans (google Filibuster). BTW Im leaning towards Bob Barr the libertarian since Obama and McCain have pissed me off with their nonsense over important energy issues. And unlike John McCain, Bob Barr knows how many homes he owns. Well off to work got a 100 mile drive into the city today, small wonder why I judge these fools on actions and not their lies and half truths.

Mike Isaac
Arrowbear Lake, CA

About: Former Ketchikan resident.

Received August 22, 2008 - Published August 28, 2008

My use of bold above.

http://www.sitnews.us/0808Viewpoints/082808_mike_isaac.html

I recall hearing the following "They're not your Daddy's Democrats."  I'll add "They're not your Mama's Republicans either."

Who knows what tomorrows politicians will be like? 

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.