April 24, 2024, 03:53:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HURRICANE GUSTAV & HANNA & IKE- INFORMATION  (Read 31444 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2008, 04:18:22 AM »

There is a good interactive map at this site:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/storm/content/storm/homepage/index.html

If you click on any of the points of Gustav's predicted path, the legend will give you the predicted wind mph, and estimated hour it will be at that location.
mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2008, 05:43:48 AM »

I'm in Buffalo NY and that's pretty far for most to travel. Please know if anyone does need to come to this area, they have a home available. Also, if you need anything sent to you, I would be more than happy to help you out. Whatever it is, just holler.  mrskub@hotmail.com

Please stay safe Monkeys and do what the officials are telling you to do. Don't take chances. Houses and belongings can be replaced. You only have one life. My prayers for everyone.

"The cure to crime shouldn't end in the electric chair, it should start in the high chair"
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2008, 07:42:12 AM »

Contraflow started as of 4 a.m. This means that ALL lanes of traffic from I-12,I-10, and I think Airline Highway will be only flowing away from New Orleans.... this will help immensely with the traffic situation..... mandatory evacuation times in the New Orleans area is staggard. My parish is NOT under mandatory evacuation at this time.Not sure if we will leave or not anyway.Most of the people in this area are waiting to let those who really need to go get out.

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2008, 08:18:44 AM »

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2008, 09:06:17 AM »

I'M FAR AWAY IN CT  BUT I HAVE ROOM. I HAVE A EMPTY APARTMENT
    blondeonahd@gmail.com

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2008, 09:13:56 AM »

Gee, thanks Carpe  I needed ot be reminded of the other 3 that are targeting us  jk -- it's all a part of living in the hurricane prone areas.

Seriously -- everyone stay safe. PLEASE listen to your local authorities. They get their info from National Hurricane center.

I hope everyone has prepared. Even though I was only 10 miles from Andrew's eye (right in that eyewall) it took Katrina for me to be prepared for Wilma. If you're staying because your authorities say it will be somewhat 'safe' -- make sure your prep and supplies are in order (it's amazing what you can get that is battery operable these days)

As Carpe's pic points out -- do not head to the southeast coast of the US if you are looking for safety. Too much unknown at the moment.

If you are not seeing the pics from Cuba and Isle of Youth -- Gustav was not kind.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2008, 10:03:09 AM »

If you click on any of the points of Gustav's predicted path, the legend will give you the predicted wind mph, and estimated hour it will be at that location.

CBB.... I can't get that to work....

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2008, 10:08:11 AM »

updated 3 minutes ago
Gulf Coast residents flee as Hurricane Gustav nears

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- As residents fled the Gulf Coast, Hurricane Gustav bore down on the southern Gulf of Mexico, closing in on areas still trying rebuild after 2005's Hurricane Katrina.

As of 8 a.m. ET, the eye of the Category 3 storm was about 375 miles (605 kilometers) southeast of the mouth of the Mississippi River, the National Hurricane Center in Miami said.

The storm was moving at 16 mph (26 kph) on a path that would take it across the central Gulf of Mexico on Sunday and toward a Monday landfall on the northern Gulf Coast, forecasters said.

The storm has maximum sustained winds of 120 mph, with higher gusts, making it a Category 3 hurricane, forecasters said. The storm could increase to a Category 4 storm, with winds of 131 to 155 mph, forecasters said.

Maps of Gustav's path shows it could strike southern Louisiana and other areas battered by Hurricane Katrina ...

More:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/08/31/gustav/index.html

(10:00 ET)

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2008, 10:25:28 AM »

I was waken by a call from a friend who was waken by a friend who was waken by a friend.  I believe it called an information chain.

Anyways ... there is an 8:00 prayer meeting organized by one of the larger churches in the community.  Apparently... there will be a collection taken and ... the goal is to pay for one month's rent at 15 apartments outside the hurricane area for the purpose of accommodating evacuees.

Hubby is on a fishing trip but I will be there.  Just waiting for long time neighbours to pick me up.

Janet 

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
crazybabyborg
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2008, 11:51:07 AM »

CBB.... I can't get that to work....

Cubbee? I'm not good with technical stuff, but I just tried it and it worked for me. I may have something downloaded that you don't or maybe it was just down for updating when you tried it? Can anyone else besides me see this map?
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2008, 12:36:25 PM »

From the National Weather Service hurricane warning message for NO:

IN THE AREA NEAR LANDFALL OF THE EYE...EXTREMELY DANGEROUS WINDS WILL CAUSE EXTENSIVE DAMAGE...AND ALL MOBILE HOMES WILL BE DESTROYED. HOUSES OF POOR TO AVERAGE CONSTRUCTION WILL BE SEVERELY DAMAGED OR DESTROYED. MODERATE TO MAJOR DAMAGE WILL OCCUR TO WELL CONSTRUCTED HOMES. MANY GABLED ROOFS WILL FAIL ALONG WITH SOME EXTERIOR WALLS. ALUMINUM AND LIGHT STEEL ROOFS WILL BE TORN OFF BUILDINGS AT
INDUSTRIAL PARKS. PARTIAL ROOF AND EXTERIOR WALL FAILURES ARE LIKELY AT LOW RISE APARTMENT BUILDINGS...ESPECIALLY THOSE OF POOR TO AVERAGE CONSTRUCTION. SOME WINDOWS IN HIGH RISE OFFICE BUILDINGS WILL BE BLOWN OUT. AIRBORNE DEBRIS HAS THE POTENTIAL TO CAUSE ADDITIONAL MAJOR DAMAGE...AS WELL AS INJURIES AND A FEW FATALITIES. NEAR TOTAL POWER LOSS IS EXPECTED WITH NUMEROUS LINES AND POWER POLES KNOCKED DOWN. THE AVAILABILITY OF POTABLE WATER WILL BE DIMINISHED AS FILTRATION SYSTEMS BEGIN TO FAIL. NUMEROUS TREES...ESPECIALLY SMALL TO MEDIUM TREES...WILL BE DOWNED...SNAPPED OR UPROOTED.

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2008, 12:50:46 PM »

Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2008, 12:52:37 PM »

I just spoke with Cajun...she and her 4 poochies have decided to stay because she has made other plans.  Her Hubby has to stay with his medic untit..she is taken care of if the need arises,

So...I can take 2 people and pets here at my humble abode.  Plenty of Love and food. DSL and Dish TV...smokers welcome, have decks out front and back...ie smoking places. Yes Klaas I haven't completely quit yet. Fenced in back yard too. And a full bar...LOL

Destiny

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2008, 12:55:29 PM »

I was waken by a call from a friend who was waken by a friend who was waken by a friend.  I believe it called an information chain.

Anyways ... there is an 8:00 prayer meeting organized by one of the larger churches in the community.  Apparently... there will be a collection taken and ... the goal is to pay for one month's rent at 15 apartments outside the hurricane area for the purpose of accommodating evacuees.

Hubby is on a fishing trip but I will be there.  Just waiting for long time neighbours to pick me up.

Janet 

Janet...may I have the honor of washing and fluffing your wings...I only make this offer to the very *special Angels*...You are one...Des

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2008, 01:29:15 PM »

If it doesn't violate any rules of privacy, can we please start an accounting of where our monkeys are that are in the path of Gustav? I'll plot it on a map and post it, if someone can help me out on the info. I want to be able to see the locations and contrast it to where it comes ashore and what news there is about those locations.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2008, 01:41:00 PM »

OK.....................Where are our monkeys on this map? Who's staying and who isn't?

sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2008, 02:35:31 PM »

Streaming NOLA news on one screen

http://www.maroonspoon.com/wx/gustav.html

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2008, 02:46:21 PM »

Janet 

Janet...may I have the honor of washing and fluffing your wings...I only make this offer to the very *special Angels*...You are one...Des

Thank you Destiny but ... the credit goes to all God's "Angels" who organized this event.

Destiny ... it was so inspirational.  Over one thousand turned out for this prayer meeting.  Mind you ... this church does have a congretation of over one thousand at each of their services ... 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM.  However ... this morning the services were up to 9:30 AM and 11:30 AM to accomodate the 8:00 AM gathering.  My neighbours and I played hookey from our home church and ... just stayed.  Seemed to make sense when you consider the congestion in the parking lot.  LOL

Anyways ... considering this church was not the home church of many who were present ... the Pastor told us to grab our local newpaper on Wednesdays and ... there would be an announcement as to whether the goal was reached.

Nevertheless ... the mission will go forward.  A (rich?) member of their congregation has pledged any shortfall.  Consider the first of the month is looming ... our prayer is that there will still be vacant accomodations that have not be rented out or ... it was mentioned that renting several rooms with cooking facilities in hotels/motels may be an alternative.

Anyways ... it is all in the control of God and his "Angels" and ... some of His "Angels" on right on this thread.  The good hearts of Monkeys is truly overwelming.

Gotta go ... as my neighbours dropped me off at home ... as a courtesy ... I offered to make them lunch.  Guess what they accepted.

Now I have to figure out what to make.  They should be back her in about 20 minutes.

Janet

11:45 AM

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2008, 02:51:21 PM »

Hi Kermit

I hope you have a good day.

Janet

_____

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2008, 03:01:15 PM »

Janet,  I agree with Dest.  you are a true angel!

Dest.  I may just come for a little R and R, the way you make it sound.  kidding aside,  It sounds like a great place for those who need a safe place to go if necessary and a very thoughtful offer.   Evacuees, please take advantage of all the offers, if you are in need.  We are all here in support and prayers in one way or another!

CBB,  Your idea is similar to what I was trying to come up with on the last page, but didn't think of a map.  What a wonderful idea!   I hope our Monkeys take advantage, so we can stay up to date.  I am willingou to help you in any way I can, but it will mostly take those evacuating to provide the info.   So I will stay on standby until you need my help.  Just let me know, you have my email.

God Bless all the Angel Monkeys and those seeking safety!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.