April 25, 2024, 12:28:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HURRICANE GUSTAV & HANNA & IKE- INFORMATION  (Read 31448 times)
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2008, 03:21:55 PM »

There is a good interactive map at this site:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/storm/content/storm/homepage/index.html

If you click on any of the points of Gustav's predicted path, the legend will give you the predicted wind mph, and estimated hour it will be at that location.

CBB.... I can't get that to work....

Cubbee? I'm not good with technical stuff, but I just tried it and it worked for me. I may have something downloaded that you don't or maybe it was just down for updating when you tried it? Can anyone else besides me see this map?

It is working for me Cbb

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
pinkbanana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2008, 03:25:34 PM »

Just wanted to say PLEASE everyone be SAFE....God BLESS!!!

pbxo

STILL Standing With The GIRL, Natalee Holloway!
Caylee Anthony, Rest In Peace Little SUNSHINE.
Where is Haleigh Cummings?
BLESS ALL THE CHILDREN! BLESS ALL THE MISSING! BLESS YOU!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2008, 04:00:08 PM »

sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2008, 04:22:20 PM »

Way cool Hurricane situation page

http://www.vuetoo.com/vue1/Situationpagenews.asp?&af=&sit=1791&z=&np=

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2008, 06:56:37 PM »

Not Sure how long these will keep working.    Web Cams

http://tinyurl.com/5mwpuc

http://www.dotd.louisiana.gov/press/traffic_cameras/no_cameras.asp

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2008, 08:21:24 PM »

Newsreporter live in New Orleans saying the outer bands are rolling into New Orleans... tornado warnings in a couple of parishes...

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2008, 08:25:23 PM »

New Orleans Imposes a Curfew as Residents Flee Hurricane Gustav
Sunday, August 31, 2008

NEW ORLEANS  —  The city of New Orleans imposed a dawn-to-dusk curfew to begin on Sunday at sunset ahead of Hurricane Gustav's devastating winds and rains that were on a path to strike the Gulf Coast.

The Big Easy increasingly took on the eeriness of a ghost town as thousands heeded a mandatory evacuation order, and police and National Guard troops clamped down on the city to prevent the kind of lawlessness and chaos that followed Katrina three years ago.

Painfully aware of the failings that led to that horrific suffering and more than 1,600 deaths, this time, officials moved beyond merely insisting tourists and residents leave south Louisiana. They threatened arrest, loaded thousands onto buses and warned that anyone who remained behind would not be rescued ...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,414166,00.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2008, 08:28:21 PM »

updated 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
Hurricane winds could hit Louisiana by Monday morning

CNN) -- As forecasters warned Hurricane Gustav could hit Louisiana on Monday with devastating effect, officials pleaded with Gulf Coast residents to flee and Republicans said they'd abbreviate the opening day of their national convention.

As of 5 p.m. ET, the eye of the Category 3 storm was about 215 miles south-southeast of the mouth of the Mississippi River, the National Hurricane Center in Miami, Florida, said.

Hurricane-force winds could hit Louisiana's southern coast by sunrise Monday, and the storm's center could hit southwest of New Orleans by early Monday afternoon, CNN meteorologists said.

Those in the projected path of the storm -- particularly those in New Orleans, which was battered three years ago by Hurricane Katrina -- should leave without delay, said David Paulison, administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

"It does not make sense to put you, your family or first responders at risk by just sitting there when there's plenty of opportunity to get out," Paulison said Sunday.

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, who demanded city residents evacuate, said the city will impose a "dusk-to-dawn" curfew and will cease efforts to help people leave the city Sunday afternoon ...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/08/31/gustav/index.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2008, 08:39:03 PM »

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2008, 10:51:43 PM »

Anybody here?

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

KnayKnay
Monkey Junky

The Good Witch!

« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2008, 10:53:30 PM »

Anybody here?

Where's the thread - i can find it one way and not the other

Hopefully someday soon baby Caylee will have some peace!
KnayKnay
Monkey Junky

The Good Witch!

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2008, 10:53:56 PM »

Oh here I am - I cook beautifully - what do you need?

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2008, 10:56:12 PM »

Not really cooking, but you know we are in the midst of this storm and I am sure to lose my power sometime tomorrow, I have a couple of Digiorno Pizzas for my son and was wondering should I cook them now, refrigerate, wrap in foil and heat on propane grill or try to cook them on the propane grill?

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

KnayKnay
Monkey Junky

The Good Witch!

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2008, 11:04:15 PM »

Not really cooking, but you know we are in the midst of this storm and I am sure to lose my power sometime tomorrow, I have a couple of Digiorno Pizzas for my son and was wondering should I cook them now, refrigerate, wrap in foil and heat on propane grill or try to cook them on the propane grill?

Yes you should absolutely cook them now and just re-heat them on the grill. They'll be fine as long as you can keep them pretty cold for awhile.

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2008, 11:08:24 PM »

Yes you should absolutely cook them now and just re-heat them on the grill. They'll be fine as long as you can keep them pretty cold for awhile.

That is what I was thinking.... We have like 15 bags of ice and a couple of huuuuuuge ice chests so I can put my food in one of those when the power goes out....Thanks!!!

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2008, 11:08:49 PM »

I would cook them, maybe not now, but tomorrow before the power goes out, refridgerate them, and they will keep for days. My crew will eat them cold, but they are easy to rewarm.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2008, 11:09:50 PM »

Pizza is like turkey, it lasts for ages.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2008, 11:13:38 PM »

Cubbee! Help me plot out where our Monkeys are! Where are you and where is anyone else you know of? I want to know so we can follow the strorm and know if you guys are ok!!

I'm patting my foot here and feeling like a Mother Hen, but so be it! 

I want to put you guys on the map so we will know what is going on with you even if you cannot post. Please, anyone, help me do that! See, I already have a marker. I just have to place them in the right spot!    I can even color the markers so we'll know which monkey is where.

I want to place the markers on this map in the right location:

But I HAVE to know where everyone is!!!   
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2008, 11:14:38 PM »

As I said, I grew up on the Gulf Coast and have been through many a hurricane. I forgot the name of it (20+ years ago), but I was in Houston when one of the hurricane eyes went right over. Power was out for days. I had a newborn and hubby was backpacking in California. My heart goes out to all of you in the storms path.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2008, 11:17:33 PM »

I would cook them, maybe not now, but tomorrow before the power goes out, refridgerate them, and they will keep for days. My crew will eat them cold, but they are easy to rewarm.

Cook them now, and when you've finished wrapping them, be sure and place them in a clean garbage bag or something waterproof. Be careful about letting the water from melted ice get food particles in it. Even when kept cool that can set up bacteria that can be ingested from drink can tops, etc.. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.