March 28, 2024, 11:23:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HURRICANE GUSTAV & HANNA & IKE- INFORMATION  (Read 31307 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2008, 03:18:35 PM »

Gustav just downgraded to a Catagory 1: http://www.foxnews.com/
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 03:22:01 PM by San » Logged

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2008, 03:27:19 PM »

Mere sent me this link to some good photos:

http://comment-blog.advance.net/cgi-bin/mte/mt-search.cgi?index=adv_photo&sort_by=photo_order&filter_gallery=Gustav%20makes%20landfall&limit=20&searchall=1&IncludeBlogs=4500&offset=0

and this is another good link:

http://www.nola.com/hurricane/index.ssf/2008/09/report_water_coming_over_indus.html
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2008, 03:57:31 PM »

As of right now oldest daughter's inlaws and youngest daughter's boyfriend's family is being hit with 90 mph sustained winds and higher gusts.  They are in DeRidder and Gueydon.  DeRidder near Lake Charles and Gueydon near Lafayette.  Please pray that things go ok for them!  Thanks!
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2008, 05:04:57 PM »

As of right now oldest daughter's inlaws and youngest daughter's boyfriend's family is being hit with 90 mph sustained winds and higher gusts.  They are in DeRidder and Gueydon.  DeRidder near Lake Charles and Gueydon near Lafayette.  Please pray that things go ok for them!  Thanks!

They are in my prayers casa...
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2008, 05:23:13 PM »

Look out for Hanna & Ike

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2008, 05:41:29 PM »

Posted by SunnyinTX...In Caylee's thread...Thanks Sunny

Reply #1821 on: Today at 05:26:09 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just talked to Cubbee....they are fine.....she says the wind has died down.....not nearly as bad as it was......no flooding where she is....no electricity either...she sends her love to everyone and thank everyone for the prayers and good wishes.....I don't have time to read right now...have we head from any other monkeys who were in the path of Gustav???
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2008, 06:09:30 PM »

Levee failing in Braithewaite

This is about 40 miles south of Lisa and east of Cubbee

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2008, 06:13:44 PM »

Braithwaite levy overtopped...residents must leave!

Another area they need the winds to change or there will be major problems....Casa can you help out any? Not familiar with the towns they are mentioning.  Trying to catch news, but my family should be home soon to feed me!  TIA

casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2008, 07:00:38 PM »

Braithwaite levy overtopped...residents must leave!

Another area they need the winds to change or there will be major problems....Casa can you help out any? Not familiar with the towns they are mentioning.  Trying to catch news, but my family should be home soon to feed me!  TIA

Mum what towns are they naming?
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2008, 07:02:16 PM »

Braithwaite is a small town on the Mississippi River below New Orleans.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2008, 07:36:38 PM »

Braithwaite is a small town on the Mississippi River below New Orleans.

Oh no! My prayers go out to the people of Braithwaite.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2008, 10:16:37 PM »

Cubbee on phone with me right now...she said there is lots of damage in her area.  She said trees are down everywhere.  She is upset, but she's okay...power may be off for a while...has ice in ice chests. Doesn't have a clue how long she will be without power. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2008, 10:37:20 PM »

Levee failing in Braithwaite

This is about 40 miles south of Lisa and east of Cubbee

Star on the map is Braithwaite:

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2008, 12:05:02 AM »

Gustav evacuees urged to stay away
updated 52 minutes ago

NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana (CNN) -- Hurricane Gustav didn't pack the wallop of Katrina three years earlier, officials said Monday, but they urged almost 2 million evacuees to stay away from the Gulf Coast for another

"Power lines are down all over the city; there's a significant number of homes and businesses that are without power," Nagin said.

Still, he said, Gustav didn't do the damage feared a few days ago, a possible repeat of 2005's Hurricane Katrina.

"I'd probably call Gustav, instead of the mother of all storms, maybe the mother-in-law or the ugly sister of all storms," Nagin said.

Across Louisiana, more than 800,000 people were without electricity, and some may not see it restored for two weeks or more, Gov. Bobby Jindal said.

At a news conference with Jindal, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff urged Gulf Coast residents who evacuated to stay away until damage could be assessed.

More:

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2008, 12:05:40 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/09/01/gustav/index.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cajun miracle
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2008, 10:03:49 AM »

Hi All,
My family and friends are all OK. I live southwest of Lafayette and my daughter lives near Morgan City (near landfall). We had high winds and as of today, we're still getting feeder bands with rain and tornadoes. No damage to my home, just trees, branches and leaves everywhere. My electricty was restored last night but the rest of the area is without. My cable and internet just came back on today.

I spoke to Cubbee last night and she's OK but still doesn't have electricity. It's still cloudy with rain showers, but once the sun comes out, then the heat and humidity will be horrible.

Thanks to all for the prayers. This could have been so much worse.

Cajun Miracle
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2008, 10:39:28 AM »

HANNAH

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: September 02, 2008, 10:40:41 AM »

Hi All,
My family and friends are all OK. I live southwest of Lafayette and my daughter lives near Morgan City (near landfall). We had high winds and as of today, we're still getting feeder bands with rain and tornadoes. No damage to my home, just trees, branches and leaves everywhere. My electricty was restored last night but the rest of the area is without. My cable and internet just came back on today.

I spoke to Cubbee last night and she's OK but still doesn't have electricity. It's still cloudy with rain showers, but once the sun comes out, then the heat and humidity will be horrible.

Cajun Miracle

Good to see you Cajun - glad you are OK
crazybabyborg
« Reply #118 on: September 02, 2008, 12:34:44 PM »

UPDATED MONKEY LOCATIONS:

Cajun! Glad you are OK! We had you on the "Watch Map!"   
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #119 on: September 02, 2008, 12:46:37 PM »

Hi All,

Cajun Miracle

Great to hear from you Cajun...our prayers continue...

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.