April 26, 2024, 12:37:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RNC and GUSTAV!  (Read 2321 times)
crazybabyborg
« on: August 31, 2008, 11:45:41 AM »

I know that logistically it would be a nightmare, but I'm beginning to think that the RNC just needs to re-schedule its' convention!

President Bush will not be in attendance, neither will Gov. Jindal or any of the other Govs from areas within the hurricane's path. By order of prority, the nation really needs to focus on the storm and its impact. What do you guys think?
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 12:00:23 PM »

Will she be there?

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 02:30:42 PM »

I know that logistically it would be a nightmare, but I'm beginning to think that the RNC just needs to re-schedule its' convention!

President Bush will not be in attendance, neither will Gov. Jindal or any of the other Govs from areas within the hurricane's path. By order of prority, the nation really needs to focus on the storm and its impact. What do you guys think?

THE BABY IS RIGHT - once again!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080831/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_convention_rdp

McCain orders convention changes because of storm

"I pledge that tomorrow night, and if necessary throughout our convention, we will act as Americans and not as Republicans because America needs us now," McCain said.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 11:41:23 AM »

What a difference Bobby Jindal  has made in Louisiana.  Mississippi and Alabama had great governors during Katrina so we all fared very well.  Having a governor who is able to delegate and evacuate sure makes a difference.  So many hurricanes hit Florida just prior to Katrina hitting the rest of the gulf and the governor there performed beautifully.  It is so sad that Poor Nagin did not have a governor to delegate what needed to be done.  Those states' rights things are wonderful if you have a governor who knows how to delegate.  If not then it all falls apart and the feds have to step in for the aftermath and the blame.

CBB, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, all in danger of this storm had governors who were supposed to be at the convention to make speeches.  I have heard that Laura Bush is going to appear via satellite and introduce each one of them from their respective "storm headquarters" tonight.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
crazybabyborg
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 04:58:29 PM »

What a difference Bobby Jindal  has made in Louisiana.  Mississippi and Alabama had great governors during Katrina so we all fared very well.  Having a governor who is able to delegate and evacuate sure makes a difference.  So many hurricanes hit Florida just prior to Katrina hitting the rest of the gulf and the governor there performed beautifully.  It is so sad that Poor Nagin did not have a governor to delegate what needed to be done.  Those states' rights things are wonderful if you have a governor who knows how to delegate.  If not then it all falls apart and the feds have to step in for the aftermath and the blame.

CBB, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, all in danger of this storm had governors who were supposed to be at the convention to make speeches.  I have heard that Laura Bush is going to appear via satellite and introduce each one of them from their respective "storm headquarters" tonight.

Great posts, Kermit and Tyler!!

I was watching news of the storm before it became evident that it wasn't going to be as bad as Katrina, and admit I had a smirk as I watched Nagin speaking. By all accounts, we were much better prepared for this storm but I remember well that Nagin was zippo help to New Orleans. Between he and the governor, no one had a cohesive evacuation plan.........which is a requirement for local governments. I have this clear memory of Nagin walking through the Superdome and returning to his posh Hotel to manage a call to raise Hell and point fingers. I was dumbfounded that he was ranting about dead people in the dome, fights, and what a scary place it was! I just kept thinking..........WHY didn't you get a bullhorn and your LE and get control of the situation!!?? Secure the place, and THEN make contact with the Feds for porta-potties, water, and food to be airlifted in to your TEAM for distribution!!

I think that this time, they just went around Nagin all together, so things were in place that needed to be in place. Tyler is exactly right, there were competant governors in place who had some understanding of their responsibility, and accepted the task with skill to carry it out.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 05:02:43 PM »

THE BABY IS RIGHT - once again!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080831/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_convention_rdp

McCain orders convention changes because of storm

"I pledge that tomorrow night, and if necessary throughout our convention, we will act as Americans and not as Republicans because America needs us now," McCain said.

Under the circumstances, I think McCain has struck just the right tone! I do hope that they will soon be able to bring some enthusiasm to this convention and that soon, all danger from the storm will be a thing of the past.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 10:05:21 PM »

CBB - honestly I think many were turned off by the egotistical pageantry of the DNC, I also think McCain isn't in need of that level of exhibitionism. I found it quite ironic to hear Obama directly quoting McCain's sentiments today, "we are one nation, not blue or red" except it had that hollow ring to it, when it came out of Obama's mouth.

Pelosi has really set her boy up there, her leadership for ultimate partisanship has made him the emperor with no clothes.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 11:40:02 PM »

CBB - honestly I think many were turned off by the egotistical pageantry of the DNC, I also think McCain isn't in need of that level of exhibitionism. I found it quite ironic to hear Obama directly quoting McCain's sentiments today, "we are one nation, not blue or red" except it had that hollow ring to it, when it came out of Obama's mouth.

Pelosi has really set her boy up there, her leadership for ultimate partisanship has made him the emperor with no clothes.

It looked ridiculous.  He showed he IS an Elistist and believes he is a "CELEBRITY".

Watching the RNC tonight.  I believe they are off to a good start.   They had the opportunity to show the people in the path of a hurricane, a tragedy, is more important, as it should be.  But I truly enjoyed Thompson and Leiberman's speeches.  Both were so sincere and so true..  I practically cried during Thompson's specific horror Mccain went through, as I didn't know ALL those details, but he also made me laugh.   I think it was awesome.  Leiberman, once a Democrat,  risked what little connection to the Dems. are left.  He was honest and gave an honest view of the Dem's by the a Dem.  He had the opportunity and took advantage of speaking to undecided Dems. and give them a new view and turned to Mccain for a good reason and why.

I can't wait to hear from Palin and learn more about her.  I think those two will make an awesome team.  Both reformists and so called "mavericks" they both bring the necessary qualifications between them to the White House.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.