April 24, 2024, 09:47:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #14  (Read 433286 times)
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #980 on: September 03, 2008, 10:12:17 PM »

One modern usage of chloroform

Commonly used in DNA extractions and generally in conjunction with phenol to form a biolayer with extraction buffer (tris etc). DNA will form in the supernatant while protein and non soluble cell materials will precipitate between the buffer chloroform layers.

per

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chloroform

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
misitx5
Monkey Junky

« Reply #981 on: September 03, 2008, 10:13:18 PM »

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE:

#1  ONLY ADMINISTRATORS HAVE THE ABILITY TO BAN A POSTER (ME, RED OR DUGGA)

#2  THE MORE QUOTES, THE MORE WORK FOR ADMIN AND MODS

When Johathan posted I was off posting a link to Dana Pretzer at Gretawire and Topix so I missed his original post when it happened.  Sorry I took so long to ban him/her.

I always miss the good stuff!!

Did you use the big red banned button??

I was doing catch up and I missed it, too.

darnnit!!! I ALWAYS miss the good stuff!!!!

I missed it too!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #982 on: September 03, 2008, 10:13:24 PM »

Call in number for Dana Pretzer is:

Phone 1-306-842-7884

Please don't call in until Dana says it's OK.  It's not time yet.

Can call in now

RED on the line now!
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #983 on: September 03, 2008, 10:13:25 PM »

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE:

When Johathan posted I was off posting a link to Dana Pretzer at Gretawire and Topix so I missed his original post when it happened.  Sorry I took so long to ban him/her.

Yes 

Was my first time to see the Big Red Banned Button, I was sitting here in shock LOL

lol...that was my idea by the way...pictured Klaas sitting next to her puter with the big red button beside her...and all of a sudden she made it appear!! scared me!!! lol

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #984 on: September 03, 2008, 10:14:16 PM »

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_you_can_buy_chloroform

Where you can buy chloroform?

In my experience, it is difficult, at best, to purchase chloroform as an individual. If you represent a school, university, or business/laboratory that legitimately uses this substance, you can shop at chemical supply sites such as science.com. But as an unlicensed, uninsured individual the best bet you have for the purchase of this Department of Justice (DOJ) and Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) restricted substance is through a farm supply company. Perhaps there are farm supply retail stores in outlying areas in the Mid West that might still have an old bottle or two laying around. You might also try retail taxidermy supply stores as it can be used to humanely euthanise mounting specimens.

Keep in mind, though, that since the government restricts the purchase of chloroform to insure that it is used only for legitimate purposes, it might be tough to you get your hands on it. Even if you do, the penalty for possession in a federal court is severe! Ergo, if you get some, use it wisely and for the sweet love of merciful Christ, don't get caught!

Also, don't mention me or this answer when you get caught. I did NOT aid or abet you in your attempt to drug and kidnap Hannah Montana, got it?

Seriously, chloroform has few legitimate uses. You don't need it and you shouldn't be using it. So, be careful.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #985 on: September 03, 2008, 10:14:27 PM »

Call in number for Dana Pretzer is:

Phone 1-306-842-7884

Please don't call in until Dana says it's OK.  It's not time yet.

Can call in now

RED on the line now!

I have to wait until tomorrow....still going to my darned Best Buy rapsody thingy!!! ggrrr!!!

Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #986 on: September 03, 2008, 10:15:28 PM »

Trying to call line is busy .... its ok I love RED.

Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #987 on: September 03, 2008, 10:16:05 PM »

Trying to call line is busy .... its ok I love RED.
keep trying
donnakaren
Scared Monkey

« Reply #988 on: September 03, 2008, 10:16:44 PM »

Great show, Dana!

My 1st time listening to you, but it won't be my last!!

May God bless you, TES, LE and everyone else involved.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
- Frank Outlaw
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #989 on: September 03, 2008, 10:17:20 PM »

Red brought a friend back with him from Orlando, his name is Itchy:

Daryl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #990 on: September 03, 2008, 10:18:16 PM »

She(Casey) doesn't have to buy nor make chloroform...Mom(Cindy)+Nurse+Hospital=chloroform.  Did anyone else make this connection?

Yes, some have and I agree

Would chloroform be used in the nursing home ?

The general concensus of our members in the medical field is that Chloraform isn't used anywhere.  It would not be available to Cindy Anthony.  So if Casey got it she probably got it over the internet or elsewhere.

That's not correct at all. We use chloroform all the time. Along with being an old fashioned anesthetic chloroform is a standard ingredient in a forensic Phenol/Chloroform DNA extraction method. Just a guess, check the LE boyfriend. Seriously, we have pints of the stuff in the fume hoods.
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #991 on: September 03, 2008, 10:18:23 PM »

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE:

Yes 

Klaas did good!!!

our hero!!!

mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #992 on: September 03, 2008, 10:21:02 PM »

Casey's biggest hobby was photography. Chloroform is used in photography as a solvent and it should be kept in a dark place.

Pg. 93 Chloroform

http://books.google.com/books?id=cIAvAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA93&lpg=PA93&dq=chloroform+photography&source=web&ots=o5WttpaSsp&sig=ppwj4N7Hk3lGYn7QQQaLS2hATnE&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=5&ct=result

"The cure to crime shouldn't end in the electric chair, it should start in the high chair"
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #993 on: September 03, 2008, 10:21:21 PM »

Tim sounds better tonight but still sounds tired.

Trust me folks these guys are going 24/7. There is really not that much time for sleep as at the end of the day there is a certain amount of destressing that needs to done.

I hope all have the opportunity to volunteer at one time with TES. Its one of the toughests jobs you will ever love and will last with you forever.

Red - I was not chastised by you for posting to an obscenity (Jonathan) but I fess up and stand corrected.  I did not know the SM rules and it will never happen again. 

I do not curse but I retired from 30 plus years in Corrections and Parole and am always willing to stand up to the "bad guys".  It is just my nature but I do not want to do anything to be banned as I think this is the most caring group of people that I have encountered.

I would consider it an honor and a privilege to be part of any search with Tim Miller and TES or any member of SM.  If I lived close to Orlando, I would be among the first volunteers each morning for TES.

I am sorry for the work that we caused you and the other administrators.  Our emotions are just running high as we so dearly want Caylee to be located. 

holy crap!!! I should have been banned many moons ago....fortunately...my cursing rants are usually when Klaas is sleeping!!!! lol

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #994 on: September 03, 2008, 10:21:57 PM »

She(Casey) doesn't have to buy nor make chloroform...Mom(Cindy)+Nurse+Hospital=chloroform.  Did anyone else make this connection?

The general concensus of our members in the medical field is that Chloraform isn't used anywhere.  It would not be available to Cindy Anthony.  So if Casey got it she probably got it over the internet or elsewhere.

That's not correct at all. We use chloroform all the time. Along with being an old fashioned anesthetic chloroform is a standard ingredient in a forensic Phenol/Chloroform DNA extraction method. Just a guess, check the LE boyfriend. Seriously, we have pints of the stuff in the fume hoods.

OK, I was just saying that it probably wouldn't be available in hospitals are you saying it is?  Or are you saying that it's used in forensic extraction and either LE boyfriend or George may have had access to it?
misitx5
Monkey Junky

« Reply #995 on: September 03, 2008, 10:21:58 PM »

Or Any LE friends of George..
mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #996 on: September 03, 2008, 10:22:03 PM »

I wish they would put the live cam back on the Anthonys' house!  I would like to know where George is....
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #997 on: September 03, 2008, 10:22:10 PM »

Casey's biggest hobby was photography. Chloroform is used in photography as a solvent and it should be kept in a dark place.

Pg. 93 Chloroform

http://books.google.com/books?id=cIAvAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA93&lpg=PA93&dq=chloroform+photography&source=web&ots=o5WttpaSsp&sig=ppwj4N7Hk3lGYn7QQQaLS2hATnE&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=5&ct=result

hmmmm...can you buy it on the internet?

Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #998 on: September 03, 2008, 10:22:39 PM »

Ok I am going to remove public speaking from my list of things to do...LOL

Dana you are awesome!!

mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #999 on: September 03, 2008, 10:23:53 PM »

Daryl, what I had said was, chloroform is not available to nurses. It's not a standard item that is stocked in a nursing home or hospital floor., although you may see it in pathology.

"The cure to crime shouldn't end in the electric chair, it should start in the high chair"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.