April 23, 2024, 02:19:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Old rich white boys' heed advice  (Read 2194 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: September 03, 2008, 08:42:01 PM »

'Old rich white boys' heed advice

Paola Totaro in London and Anne Davies in St Paul, Minnesota

September 4, 2008

SHE was blonder than Marilyn, wore nondescript glasses, talked tough - and dismissed rumours that she might be chosen as a Republican presidential running mate as a notion "from outer space".

In fact, according to Sarah Palin, the Republicans are dominated by "good old rich white boys" and their candidates should better reflect modern America.

Less than 12 months have passed and the candid and somewhat mysterious Mrs Palin's advice has been heeded: the good old rich white boys plucked her from the wilds of Alaska and she is on the podium beside presidential candidate John McCain.

Mrs Palin's words form part of a frank interview published not in Washington but in the London magazine Monocle last year. The piece was commissioned by Tyler Brule, the editor-in-chief and founder of Wallpaper*, known for its prescient ability to pick trends.

(snip)

Writer David Usborne had travelled to Governor Palin's Wasilla home just outside Anchorage last September to chase persistent rumours that the corruption-busting, crusading Alaskan governor might be hand-picked by then presidential hopeful Rudy Giuliani.

She was having none of it: "I think it is so far in outer space, the possibility that he would ever want a hockey mum from Wasilla to be his running mate, that I haven't considered it. I think the obligation that I have here is to serve my four-year term as a governor of Alaska. That's the deal that I struck with voters. There is much more that Alaska can do to contribute to the US and I think I can help it do that as governor," she said.

Asked about the idea of an Obama-Hillary ticket, Mrs Palin says: "That's diversity right there, isn't it? Wow! And who do the Republicans have? Good old rich white boys. I think that's another factor that has to be considered by Republicans, that in some way their candidates are a reflection of more politics as usual. Not to slam good old rich boys, but it sure wouldn't hurt for a new energy and new perspective to be enveloped by the party."

Mrs Palin emerges as a tough-talking, self-made and determined "people's politician", who insists she was never a victim of sexism and never a "girly girl", using the beauty pageants to pay for her college tuition.

She said her anti-corruption work in Alaska had created enemies from within: "There is little love lost between me and the state party, sure, I have lost the support of the party establishment here and I don't think they [the national party leadership] are getting a whole lot of good news reported to them about me. But with the revelations that are now coming out from the FBI, we have been able to explain a lot to the public about the criticism that I and some of my actions have received."

(snip)

more here -
http://www.smh.com.au/news/us-election/bsarah-and-marilynb/2008/09/03/1220121329561.html

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 12:22:07 AM »

So that's why Sarah's approval rating is the highest of any government that ever held office in the USA.  She has a 90% approval rating and Alaska's citizens are mad as hell about the skewering she is getting in the lower 48.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 09:49:41 AM »

tylergal, I was struck by the thought last night as I watched her, that real change is very difficult. Those who advocate change pay a price, but real change never occurs without that price.

Just as Biden has touted he's the working man's advocate, he may well have met his match in Palin on that point. Difference is her family is still living it, unlike Biden's who hasn't in many years.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 12:24:55 PM »

FIRST DOOD

Todd Palin - Iron Dog

husband and father and caretaker

VS

Obama's beliefs
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.