April 23, 2024, 12:10:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #16  (Read 382882 times)
Kristin
Monkey Junky

« Reply #500 on: September 05, 2008, 09:40:31 PM »

Someone asked about poured concrete....no new concrete poured...there were pavers put down.

Ah ok thanks for clearing that up i wasn't sure
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #501 on: September 05, 2008, 09:40:37 PM »

5 Ways to Clean Up A DNA Sample
October 25, 2007 | By Nick In Tech Tips |

One of the most common tasks in molecular biology is cleaning up DNA from aqueous solutions to remove buffer salts, enzymes or other substances that could affect downstream applications. Examples include cleaning up PCR reactions, digests or other enzymatic treatments and cleaning up genomic or plasmid DNA contaminated with cellular proteins/debris. There are several ways to approach DNA clean-up, here are five of them.

1. Phenol/Chloroform extraction

Phenol chloroform extraction (see Kirby, 1957), normally followed by ethanol precipitation, is the traditional method to remove protein from a DNA sample. In this procedure, the DNA solution is mixed with phenol and chloroform. The water-soluble DNA partitions into the aqueous phase, while the proteins are denatured by the organic solvents and stay in the organic phase. The aqueous phase containing the protein-free DNA can then be collected.

Advantages: A cheap and effective way to remove proteins from DNA solutions
Disadvantages: Slow compared to most modern methods, there is a risk of phenol/chloroform carry-over into the final sample (which could inhibit downstream enzymatic reactions), chloroform and phenol are both hazardous chemicals

Kristen ... Thank you.

The presents of chloroform could imply that it was applied as a cleaning solution to destroy Caylee's DNA left behind in the trunk of Casey's vehicle.  George Anthony's former work on the police force would dictate he was privy to knowledge in regards to decomposition of bodies.

It would be interesting to know what information regarding chloroform was being searched for  on Casey's labtop.

Janet

I read this as chloroform used to clean "other" proteins away from the DNA, so they could test it.  The chloroform would destroy or separate unwanted protein, but the DNA would be intact.  The chloroform does not destroy the DNA.  I think the LE made a point that they don't use chloroform to "extract" the DNA. 
Riley
Scared Monkey

« Reply #502 on: September 05, 2008, 09:42:07 PM »

I think they took the car on the 16th.  Ok, reallllly dumb question.  When they opened the trunk at the impound lot, they said flies came out and maggots in the bag.  Do those live if the trunk is full of chloroform?
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #503 on: September 05, 2008, 09:42:24 PM »

Someone asked about poured concrete....no new concrete poured...there were pavers put down.
Looks like a new partial sidewalk in front of the Anthony house.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Lynn32792
Scared Monkey

« Reply #504 on: September 05, 2008, 09:42:42 PM »

Also, why did Cindy want to report a stolen vehicle after it had already been RETURNED??? Why didn't anyone report it stolen during the 30 days she (Casey) was missing? They could have found Casey and the car instead of wondering where she was hiding.
Kristin
Monkey Junky

« Reply #505 on: September 05, 2008, 09:43:00 PM »

One of the most common tasks in molecular biology is cleaning up DNA from aqueous solutions to remove buffer salts, enzymes or other substances that could affect downstream applications. Examples include cleaning up PCR reactions, digests or other enzymatic treatments and cleaning up genomic or plasmid DNA contaminated with cellular proteins/debris. There are several ways to approach DNA clean-up, here are five of them.

Phenol chloroform extraction (see Kirby, 1957), normally followed by ethanol precipitation, is the traditional method to remove protein from a DNA sample. In this procedure, the DNA solution is mixed with phenol and chloroform. The water-soluble DNA partitions into the aqueous phase, while the proteins are denatured by the organic solvents and stay in the organic phase. The aqueous phase containing the protein-free DNA can then be collected.

Disadvantages: Slow compared to most modern methods, there is a risk of phenol/chloroform carry-over into the final sample (which could inhibit downstream enzymatic reactions), chloroform and phenol are both hazardous chemicals

Kristen ... Thank you.

The presents of chloroform could imply that it was applied as a cleaning solution to destroy Caylee's DNA left behind in the trunk of Casey's vehicle.  George Anthony's former work on the police force would dictate he was privy to knowledge in regards to decomposition of bodies.

It would be interesting to know what information regarding chloroform was being searched for  on Casey's labtop.

Janet

I read this as chloroform used to clean "other" proteins away from the DNA, so they could test it.  The chloroform would destroy or separate unwanted protein, but the DNA would be intact.  The chloroform does not destroy the DNA.  I think the LE made a point that they don't use chloroform to "extract" the DNA. 

Maybe that's why it didn't work when they tried to clean it out of the trunk

Kristin
Monkey Junky

« Reply #506 on: September 05, 2008, 09:43:41 PM »

I think they took the car on the 16th.  Ok, reallllly dumb question.  When they opened the trunk at the impound lot, they said flies came out and maggots in the bag.  Do those live if the trunk is full of chloroform?

GOOD POINT!!!!
invision
Monkey Junky

« Reply #507 on: September 05, 2008, 09:43:57 PM »

Wow ... not a dumb question ... but thinking maybe the could if the bag was sealed?

I will no longer support lies and "mistruths", nor make excuses for people that do ... If I do, I am no better than Cindy Anthony .... I will continue to fight for the TRUTH for Caylee Marie ...
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #508 on: September 05, 2008, 09:44:30 PM »

That's a good point....hmmmm
invision
Monkey Junky

« Reply #509 on: September 05, 2008, 09:45:11 PM »

SOMEONE should be standing at the protest site (Anthony's home) with a donation can for TES!!!! 

I will no longer support lies and "mistruths", nor make excuses for people that do ... If I do, I am no better than Cindy Anthony .... I will continue to fight for the TRUTH for Caylee Marie ...
Garden Gnome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #510 on: September 05, 2008, 09:47:48 PM »

I was listening to a local radio talk show today and the host had stated that the new lawyer was hired to represent Cindy and George for upcoming MOVIE and BOOK deals???? I THOUGHT that maybe they were facing possible charges but I guess they will only be profiting from this tragic situation.

I find the fact that these bast**ds want to negotiate a movie and book deal at this time nauseating.  If they make money off of this tragedy then I pray that karma bites their asses big time.  I wouldn't give this family a quarter to make a phone let along buy or watch anything that they profited from. 

On another subject, didn't the Flowers guy on NG say that chloroform displaces oxygen?  He said that if there was a chloroform soaked rag in the trunk, Caylee would have suffocated if she was lying on the floor.  Apparently chloroform doesn't dissipate like a vapor but stays where put and hangs in the air, sort of.  Even NG was confused!

Every now and then soft as breath upon my skin, I feel you come back again....and I believe.
SS
Monkey Junky

« Reply #511 on: September 05, 2008, 09:47:57 PM »

Janet, you're absolutely correct.  They should have qualified the DNA test results.  Unfortunately, I think that there were probably ulterior motives behind releasing the information.  The public was given only limited information, but enough to indicate that there was a likelihood of incest.  Unfortunately, I also think that this was intentional.  I wonder if it was done to create stress with the Anthonys in hopes that one of them would break.

I think they have the tests all back, and I don't think they lead the public to believe there was incest if there wasn't. I have always questioned WHY the big secret and the flat out LIES about the baby's father. I don't think Cindy KNOWS, but I am betting on incest. It is much more common than people realize and Casey is oversexed for a reason. There is also a reason Caylee was described as "being flirty" with men. Those are not normal behaviors in a home with normal father/child/grandchild relationships.

I used to work with sexually abused children...These kids act out sexually..not in an exploratory way, like some  kids do, but in a way to seek pleasure..that is what they are taught....
I am not sure that flirty behavior would constitute sexual abuse, but I certainly would not rule it out...

Some kids are just natural flirts...when my 5 year old sees a boy, she lowers her head, cuts her eyes around, and grins..LOL..
But, from what folks are saying, Caylee's behavior was out of the norm...

I just hate to consider it..but it seems as though it all points to it....

I agree that incest is more abundant that we would all like to think .... having said that, I do not believe that a 3 yr old would "flirt" because they were "attracted to men" or because she liked what they did to her .... I just don't believe that ..... 

Possibly because they gave her more attention (there were pleanty of them in her life due to her mothers promiscuity and each time a "flavor of the week" came on the scene they prolly "foo fooed" over Caylee).... but I do not for one second think a 3 yr old would flirt for sexual reasons      JMO

You are right.  Children don't understand the nuances of sexuality in the same way adults do.  As a guidance counselor, you would not believe some of the things that I have heard when children have been describing sexual abuse that they have experienced.  Very young children often view it as a fun game because that is what they have been told by the abuser.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #512 on: September 05, 2008, 09:48:11 PM »

SOMEONE should be standing at the protest site (Anthony's home) with a donation can for TES!!!! 

That's a great idea.

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #513 on: September 05, 2008, 09:48:46 PM »

Kristen ... Thank you.

Janet

And why would removing the DNA be so important?  I'm just saying...
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #514 on: September 05, 2008, 09:48:51 PM »

Also, why did Cindy want to report a stolen vehicle after it had already been RETURNED??? Why didn't anyone report it stolen during the 30 days she (Casey) was missing? They could have found Casey and the car instead of wondering where she was hiding.

Yay for purple fonts!

Lynn,I think Cindy called the police initially to try and scare Casey into telling her where Caylee was.....then Cindy got smacked in the face with the truth about Caylee really being missing by that 3rd 911 call.Now Cindy is in denial and totally protecting Casey....while Casey continues to tell her parents exactly what they want to hear....that Caylee is alive and someone took her.
Shoot....I know for sure George is in the worse kind of denial....he KNOWS Caylee is dead.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Kristin
Monkey Junky

« Reply #515 on: September 05, 2008, 09:48:57 PM »

Wow ... not a dumb question ... but thinking maybe the could if the bag was sealed?

But didn't the tow guy say when they opened the trunk flies came out of the trunk?
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #516 on: September 05, 2008, 09:49:56 PM »

I was listening to a local radio talk show today and the host had stated that the new lawyer was hired to represent Cindy and George for upcoming MOVIE and BOOK deals???? I THOUGHT that maybe they were facing possible charges but I guess they will only be profiting from this tragic situation.

I find the fact that these bast**ds want to negotiate a movie and book deal at this time nauseating.  If they make money off of this tragedy then I pray that karma bites their asses big time.  I wouldn't give this family a quarter to make a phone let along buy or watch anything that they profited from. 

On another subject, didn't the Flowers guy on NG say that chloroform displaces oxygen?  He said that if there was a chloroform soaked rag in the trunk, Caylee would have suffocated if she was lying on the floor.  Apparently chloroform doesn't dissipate like a vapor but stays where put and hangs in the air, sort of.  Even NG was confused!

Yeah, apparently chloroform is denser than oxygen.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #517 on: September 05, 2008, 09:50:36 PM »

flies and other insects do not breathe in air are a mammal does, but have a system of openings that are along the legs and body that allow air in. I would imagine that any chemicals that are in the surrounding air would be absorbed.

http://animals.howstuffworks.com/insects/question555.htm

How do flies breathe?

Insects breathe in a way that is very different from us. Instead of having a central place to gather oxygen (i.e. lungs) and a transport system (i.e. heart, blood) to deliver the oxygen to all of the cells of the body like us, insects have a system of fine branching tubes called a tracheal system that delivers the oxygen directly to each cell in the body. Imagine that you are an oxygen molecule in the atmosphere and you are about to be "breathed" into an insect.

1. You enter a tiny hole on the insect's thorax or abdomen called a spiracle. The spiracle is the opening of a long tube called a tracheae.
   2. You proceed down the tracheae, which is a long, air-filled, branching tube.
   3. You continue to move through branches until you reach a tiny, fluid-filled, dead end called a tracheole.
   4. You dissolve in the fluid.
   5. From the fluid, you diffuse or move across the wall of the tracheole into an insect cell such as a muscle cell.

The movement of air through the tracheal system of most insects relies solely on diffusion. Because most insects rely on diffusion, which occurs best over small distances, they cannot get very large. You will not see huge ants, like in the movie "Them," because enough air could not diffuse that far into their bodies to keep their cells alive. However, some larger insects can use their abdominal muscles to force air in and out of the tracheal system in a limited way.

So, with this system in mind, it would be difficult to strangle a bug. However, if the tracheal system fills with water, it takes much longer for air to diffuse through the system. Therefore, an insect can drown fairly easily.

For more information, try these links:

* Insect Respiration Lab
    * Insect Breathing
    * Insect Physiology: Respiratory System

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #518 on: September 05, 2008, 09:53:43 PM »

I keep going back and forth to the webcam. I keep hoping that the police come back with sirens blasting and pull Casey out of her home again this time with the big charges.That was so fun to see the other night. LOL

Just a swinging with the tribe
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #519 on: September 05, 2008, 09:53:55 PM »

She wanted to find Caylee and Casey wouldn't tell her.  It was a threat...IMO.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.