March 29, 2024, 07:49:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing Woman Janine Todt 42 yrs old From PA (body found)  (Read 12770 times)
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« on: September 06, 2008, 12:03:51 AM »

This one is from Berks County Pa, the county that I live in.

Janine Todt Missing woman 42 yrs old Last seen 8/09/2008

8/14/2008

Last Update: 8/14/2008 1:18:00 AM

Updated photo of missing Richmond Township woman released
From our news staff

Fleetwood police Wednesday released a more recent photograph of a Richmond Township woman who has been missing since late Saturday.

Janine M. Todt, 42, was last seen by her husband Saturday about 11:30 p.m. in their home in the 200 block of Moselem Church Road. Police and crews with dogs and horses searched the area around the house for two consecutive days but found no trace of her.

Fleetwood police, who patrol Richmond Township, said they plan no further ground searches unless they receive new information.

They said they are following up leads regarding her disappearance.

Police have said Janine Todt suffers from a sleeping disorder for which she takes medication. She often would walk near her residence late at night and may have become disoriented.

Todt is 5 feet 7 inches tall, weighs 135 to 145 pounds and has short dark hair.

Anyone with information should call Fleetwood police at 610-944-7100.

http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=102140

This Woman went out for a supposed walk weeks ago and hasn't been seen since. If they do a search locally, I can help as it is only three miles from me.

I tried to bring her picture here but couldn't figure out how to do it. Perhaps Someone can grab it from the article its there . Thanks.

Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 12:06:06 AM »

I just wanted to add I meant if they do another search I will help. I wasn't aware of the first search as that was done by the police.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 12:21:42 AM »

Here's her photo:

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 12:22:56 AM »

I just wanted to add I meant if they do another search I will help. I wasn't aware of the first search as that was done by the police.

This is so sad. 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 11:44:43 AM »

here is another photo ..... 'changling' ? 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 02:22:31 AM »

Hi Nut44x4... The photo with the blonde hair is an older photo. THe photo that Klaas posted above with the dark hair is the more recent photo. It is a shame that the recent Photo is only a side view but thats what her hubby gave. She does have the darker hair now.
            Also, there are people working on this case, I found out. They still don't know where she is though. If I hear anything new I will post, but for now she is still "missing." It's a shame.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 03:01:35 AM »

Thank you, Elaine.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 06:55:49 PM »

11/11/2008

Decomposed body found in Richmond Township PA

A badly decomposed body was found Monday in a wooded area off Moselem Church Road in Richmond Township, authorities said.

The skeletal remains could not be immediately identified, according to Terri L. Straka, Berks County deputy coroner.

Straka said she could not determine if the body was male or female.

An autopsy will be performed today in Reading Hospital, she said.

Fleetwood police are investigating, Chief Ray Nester said.

Fragments of clothing were found at the scene, he said.

"They're probably going to have to use dental records to identify the body," Nester said.

Hunters discovered the body in a heavily wooded area about 300 yards off the 100 block of Moselem Church Road, Nester said.

In August, Janine M. Todt, 42, whose residence is in the 200 block of Moselem Church Road, was reported missing in the area, Nester said. She had not been found as of Monday.
At the time, Fleetwood police reported that Todt suffered from a sleeping disorder and walked in the area near her home at night.

Volunteer firefighters and police, including K-9 units and officers on horseback, called off the search after combing the area for several days.
http://www.readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=113395

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 07:08:37 AM »

11/12/2008

Dental records may help identify body found in Richmond Township
From our news staff

Dental records will be examined in an effort to identify a badly decomposed body found in a wooded area in Richmond Township, officials said Tuesday.

A forensics expert will examine the body today in Reading Hospital, according to Berks County Deputy Coroner Allyson Heilbock.

An autopsy performed Tuesday to identify the body was inconclusive, she said.

Investigators have not determined whether the body is male or female.

Hunters found the skeletal remains Monday in a wooded area about 300 yards off Moselem Church Road, authorities said.

Fleetwood police also are investigating.
http://www.readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=113533

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 06:53:22 PM »

http://www.readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=113653

11/13/2008

Body found in Richmond Township identified as that of missing woman
From our news staff

A body found in a wooded area off Moselem Church Road in Richmond Township was identified Wednesday as that of a 43-year-old township woman who had been reported missing three months ago, officials in the Berks County coroner's office said.

The skeletal remains of Janine Todt were found by hunters Monday on the property of Moselem Springs Golf Club, authorities said.

After an autopsy failed to identify the remains, the coroner's office called in a forsenics expert to make the identification using dental records, Coroner Dennis J. Hess said.

The cause and manner of Todt's death have not yet been determined, Hess said. He said his office has ordered further tests as part of the investigation.

Fleetwood police also are continuing to investigate.

Todt, who had lived nearby in the 200 block of Moselem Church Road, had been reported missing in August.

At the time, police said she suffered from a sleeping disorder and walked in the area near her home at night.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 06:57:52 PM »

http://lostfacesofthemissing.blogspot.com/2008/09/missing-adults-get-too-much-exposure.html

We are mentioned at the above site. Here is part of the article!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Missing Adults Get Too Much Exposure! (Janine Todt)

Yup, you read the title right! There is entirely too much exposure for missing adults!

I will give you an example of this annoying over exposure.
Just today, I was trying to find out more information on Janine M. Todt, a woman who has been missing from Richmond Township Pa, since August 10th, 2008. The article hogged up so much space, I almost missed a story about seven tomato plants and ten corn stalks being damaged. The audacity!
I'll highlight the garden story, so you can locate it easily.

Aug. 3: a trespassing incident at the Kutztown Produce Association is being investigated. Several males were found on the property after hours.
Aug. 5: a 27-year old male was arrested for Driving Under the Influence after a crash on Fleetwood Ave. and E. Arch St. The driver was flown to the hospital for his injuries.
Aug. 8: Criminal Mischief was reported several times on a vehicle parked in the 00 block of Brookfield Dr.
Aug. 10: Police are investigating a reported missing person from the 200 block of Moselem Church Rd. The 24-year old female was last seen around midnight on Saturday, Aug. 10. Her name is Janine M. Todt, a white female. Todt is described as standing 5 feet, 7 inches tall, and weighing about 150 pounds. She is believed to have a medical condition and to be on some medication which is making her confused.
Anyone with information is asked to call Fleetwood Police Dept. at 610-944-7011.
Pennsylvania State Police
Crops damaged
State Police at Hamburg are investigating damage done to a Greenwich Township woman's garden.
Christa Pettit, 38, told police someone destroyed some crops at her Eagle St. garden between Aug. 5 and 6.
Pettit said seven tomato plants and ten corn stalks were damaged.
Anyone with information is asked to call State Police at 610-562-6885.
Toilet stolen
Someone stole a portable toilet that was parked at a Greenwich Twp. church sometime around Aug. 4.

Of course I realize that this is only the rundown of a police report on Berks Mont News , and there is a lot of news to cover.

I proceeded to National Center for Missing Adults. Would you believe that the picture of Janine Todt was so prominent that I hardly noticed a profile for Ricarda Tillman-Locket?
Ricarda is Janine's neighbor to the left. Janine's right side neighbor was also nearly invisible. Luckily, the hat Charles Lee Toliver was wearing caught my attention.

Determined to prove my point of over exposure on missing persons, I googled Janine Todt's name.There were a handful of sites such as Scared Monkeys and Project Jason that covered the disappearance of Janine.
(sarcasm aside, THANK YOU to the people who did cover Janine's story!)

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 06:58:20 PM »

RIP Janine, you are going home.

Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 07:53:36 PM »

Nut, I was just coming to update this thread and see that you have it all here already so thank you!

Another sad ending, I had feared this would be the outcome as she was missing for 3 months.

I am glad that she was found, and of course would have preferred it had been alive. At least now her family can lay her to rest. As you saw the cause of death hasn't yet been determined. If i ever see anymore on it I will bring it here.
mammabear
Scared Monkey

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2009, 05:21:39 PM »

Hello,

I'm lousy at forum and message boards, so I apologize if I have this posted in the wrong place or something.
I was searching for anymore info on Janine, as to if a cause of death had ever been determined, and was curious if anyone here has heard anything new?
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2009, 08:04:09 PM »

No problem...looks like you did it right to me Smile
Did you know her?

I have not been able to locate that info as of yet. I often look back on cases to add more info as it comes in. When I find out anything, I will certaily post it here. I did find her OBIT.
~~~~~
Janine Todt
Janine (Schmidt) Todt, a former East Norriton resident, recently passed away.
She resided in Kutztown with her husband, Dave.
She was a 1963 graduate of Norristown High School and Reading Community College 2002.
She is survived by her husband ,Dave of Kutztown; her parents, Richard and Jean Schmidt; and her sister, Nancy Schmidt, all of East Norriton.
Donations may be made in her memory to: Middle Creek Search & Rescue, Inc., Station 1-14, P.O. Box 701, Ephrata, PA. 17522.
A private memorial celebration of her life will be held Dec. 5. Please contact her family for further information.
http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=20207548&BRD=1306&PAG=740&dept_id=624456&rfi=6

mammabear
Scared Monkey

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2009, 10:51:23 PM »

hello there, Nut44X4

Whooopsss...I guess I DONT get an email notice when someone replies to posts....heh.

No, I didn't know Janine personally. I have a blog on missing persons/children.

*pointing up to your previous post about Scared Monkeys being listed on a site* 

I find cases like Janine's frustrating, as there was hardly any media attention, and considering the circumstances of her disappearance, I kind of thought the search was called off prematurely.

And, considering  the fact that she was missing, then found deceased,  I found it odd that there was no follow up coverage on her cause of death.

You all do a great job here on Scared Monkeys...
although I'm a 'newbie' here, it's hardly the first time I've visited! Smile

Have a good one, and thanks.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.