April 23, 2024, 06:13:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The President's September 11, 2006 Speech  (Read 3787 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« on: September 11, 2006, 09:35:26 PM »

Sooooo ..... what do you think?

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 09:57:55 PM »

Well, I do believe that this war against fanantics is the war of the 21st Century. I also believe that unless we stop playing politics with this issue we are all at risk for it happening again.

It's hard for me to imagine that anyone in this Country believes that Bush actually did this - that there was no attack, but the psycho contingent were out tonight in our town protesting.... I pray that people wake up... and realilze that this isn't politics, this isn't a game and that we are at war.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 05:09:52 PM »

The only thing I'm beginning to doubt, is the war in Iraq.  I have always supported Bush, but since it came out that Saddam rejected Osama and Saddam was never connected with 9/11 and no WMD's, I wonder if we should be wasting our resources their now?  Osama should be caught by now and there is still alot of work to be done in Afghanastan and possibly spread to Iran, etc....  The Iraq war has made us more hated than before.  I used to think we did the right thing, and I DO support our troops, no matter.  But did we REALLY gain anything going into Iraq???

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 07:54:36 PM »

What's wrong with going into Irag is the same thing that was wrong with going into Vietnam, the public and politicos just can't stomach what was really needed to finish it.

Irag was the right thing to do, most everyone agreed that Saddam was gonna get WMD/Nukes eventually, just like now in Iran and N. Korea.

Fighting a world war against terrorism and a way against those who support those against us ain't easy.

To really win a war takes a hard, fast and overwhelming force, just like against Japan and Germany in WWII. A lot of innocent folks would be killed but the really bad guys would get the 'message'.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 09:32:05 PM »

I still think the war was the right thing to do.  I don't believe that we are more hated due to the war... I think that these guys hated us to begin with and I would much rather fight the war over there.... I think it's the right thing to do...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 09:34:23 PM »

I agree for the most part Carnut.  However, in this case, I don't think the bad guys care.  The more will innocents, the more we are hated, the better off they are.   These terrorists are a different breed nobody in the world has ever seen.  They will kill anybody, including their own to get to us. Innocents don't matter.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 10:30:18 PM »

We, the United States, have been hated for a long time.

In 1958, William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick wrote a multi-million-copy bestseller book called The Ugly American. After that, the title was used to refer to all the tragic American blunders abroad. The book became a runaway national bestseller for its slashing exposé of American arrogance, incompetence, and corruption in Southeast Asia. Based on fact, the book's eye-opening stories and sketches drew a devastating picture of how the United States was losing the struggle with Communism in Asia. The book was turned into a movie with the same name in 1963 with Marlon Brando in the staring role.

In 1964, my husband and I were in Paris. He had met a woman several years before on an ocean liner and we went to see her and her husband. They closed their crystal shop early and took us to their home. They said, "We citizens don't hate Americans, that hatred comes from the viewpoints of politicians."

It seemed to me over the years that we became less hated abroad. We probably were not overly hated after the first Gulf War. But in the recent movie "The Path to 9/11" we saw that we were very much hated and had been attacked by Al Quiada quite a few times before the public knew who Al Quiada was. When Bush talked about the Axis of Evil, all the walls came down and it was obvious if we were not hated before, we are hated now.

In this war with Iraq, we have invoked the most serious hatred possible. I agree that from the "intelligence?" info made available at that time, we felt Iraq was making weapons of mass destruction TO SELL TO TERRORISTS, who would bomb us. So we had to follow up and try to find those weapons that Saddam had already shipped to Syria.

And so, we threw the dice and attacked Iraq with no plans in place as to what to do after we attacked. What stupidity not to have a plan.

I heard Bill O'Reilly tonight. He was hopping mad. He said he was for the war in Iraq due to hearing Colin Powell's speech to the United Nations. Now he feels extremely betrayed and said he was a fool to trust the government's info.

For my entire life up until September 11, 2001, an American passport was worth way more than its weight in gold. One could go anywhere and be protected by virtue of being an American. Things have changed. Flashing an American passport is now dangerous. We are hated abroad, almost everywhere.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 10:42:41 PM »

Sometimes being the baddest meanest MF in the neighborhood dosen't win you a lot of friends but it does garner respect as you walk by.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 11:34:56 PM »

If you watched the 911 ABC movie an interesting point was made in it even with all the editing. This is not too far from the truth.

You can either be a cowboy or a coward ... take your pick. What do you think terrorist want us to be?

The reactions we get to GWB's speech tell you how good it is. When the Dem spin machine whines out of control, that means he did a good job.

The Democratic Party knows they cannot win votes in the war on terror. No one trusts them, nor should anyone.

All day yesterday on 9-11, a day meant to remember our fallen and our hero's, Democrats attacked GWB. Every remembrance ceremony to honor 9-11 victims there were liberal moon-bats protesting that 9-11 was a right wing conspiracy.

The President's speech points out that there is a glaring difference in approach in The War on Terror. As for the war in Iraq, last time I checked all the Dems actually voted for it. The UN passed how many measures? Foreign intelligence all showed that Saddam Hussein was acquiring WMD's.

Its easy to be a Monday morning QB. What's difficult in life if to make a decision and stand by it. That is called conviction.

Does it ever dawn on any of us that we have not been attacked since 9-11? Does it ever dawn on anyone that the planes that were prevented from Leaving London a month back was a prevented terrorist attack? Think maybe GWB might be doing something right?

All too often the MSM plays the blame game, the gotcha, its Bush's fault game. How many teorrorist plots have probably been prevented because of listening to terrorist calls? Gee, what a horrible thing to be doing.

God help us all if we go back in time to people who did not take terrorism seriously at all. Granted GWB could have done more, hell we have a long way to go. Terrorism is not going away any time soon.

Who would you rather have in the office of the Presidency to fight terrorism? A Cowboy or a coward?

You make the call.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 10:54:42 PM »

Well after reading Louise and Red's post, I have to agree with your statements.  I still worry about how we are using our resources, but I certainly want a cowboy, which is why I voted for Bush! Again, I support Bush and certainly don't want a Dem in office who is going to pull us out prematurely.  We went in, we are in for the long hall.  

Yes, we can second guess and look back and think, how could we have done this different, better, as in all decisions in life.  

Carnut,  I'm afraid there is no respect for us anymore, we are considered arrogant and bullies to most of the rest of the world.  Our reputation and respect is going down the tubes....  

Red is right, we can sit around and Monday morning QB.  
I can say one thing though, Thank God I am an American and have the freedom to talk, debate and question!

Get 'em Cowboys!

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.