April 19, 2024, 01:38:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lipstick on a Pig - weigh in here for an informal poll  (Read 11265 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: September 10, 2008, 09:32:13 AM »

MSM is abuzz with the lipstick on pig comment made by Obama yesterday. At the very least it wasn't a smart analogy due to timing of Palin's lipstick/pitbull comment, but I'd like to poll here around your thoughts.

Do you think it was a direct insult to Palin?

Do you think it was not a direct insult of Palin?

I continue to stand with the girl.
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 11:09:28 AM »

not a direct insult.

and if so, mccain used the same analogy against romney and hillary earlier - so they should stop whining.
if mccain/palin cries about this.
imagine how much they would cry if putin or another world leader says something.

Atlmetroguy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 04:23:35 PM »

Well the comment was perceived as negative. Say what you want and try to say "Awww..He didn't mean it..." Once it's out there, it's out there and it cannot be taken back. I just watched the comments of a HRC supporter and she said she was offended.

Perception is reality again and again.

I think it's more fuel to the fire of the Obama-Biden melt down.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>
Huh?? You mean I gotta board now??
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 04:59:00 PM »

I say he meant as a direct insult -absolutely - all the way.

I agree with Metro, Obama is losing his grip.

Hey guys! I've been like a kid with my face pressed against a candy store window, unable to get in. 
Good to see you nonesuche!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 09:01:13 PM »

welcome back metroguy and Memphis !!! Happy to see you both, we've missed you !!

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 09:54:19 PM »

direct insult ~
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 10:06:03 PM »

direct insult ~

Good to "see" you again tcumom   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 12:10:37 AM »

none, I think it was just very poor timing for an over used phrase.  Every politician seems to put their foot in mouth these days.

I tend not to get too excited over comments made by any candidate when it comes to "garbage" type comments.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 12:38:35 AM »

I'm not getting excited over anyones comments.
I do, however, think Obama is way too smart to have just accidentally used that phrase. Nope, it was directed at SP.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 07:42:27 AM »

Memphis, I don't think it was a random faux pas either, the day after the RNC was over he referred to Palin as "that lieutenant governor". I'm not going to get outraged by single comments but my larger concern is what's motivating his comments.

I THINK BARACK IS SEXIST.

I may be calling him a pig soon but isn't it interesting that Sarah Palin flushed this out in him? Think about it, think about how many democrats were furious he didn't pick Hillary for his running mate?????

Now that we have this reaction to Palin, it all seems so clear.

memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 04:46:37 PM »

Interesting angle and you may be right.

This is my take on things...

Obama and Co. thought they had the presidency in the bag. They were winning on the excitement of their history making black man as president - change, if you will. I think they picked Biden b/c he was an "old, rich, white guy" who's been around awhile. They picked Biden to balance the ticket. Hillary would have just been too much "history making". Plus, she may have taken the limelight off of Obama just a bit.

That's why I think the Palin pick was just brilliant. By choosing her, the pubs have stolen the excitement and focus from the Obama ticket. I think they were caught totally off guard and are furious. They thought they had the presidency in the bag.

snicker snicker
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 04:52:57 PM »

I'll just add that I was blown away by Sarah Palin's first speech. I am very excited about her, and she has substance. She's capable. She's been a leader. She is more qualified to be president than Barack Obama.

To me, it is all perception and presentation with Barack Obama. He doesn't have much else to offer except his history making excitement, youth and glamour. It's all fluff - no substance. A sophisticated appearance and good oratory skills does not make you qualified to be leader of the free world.

moo Wink
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 05:59:25 PM »

I am no advocate for Barack Obama ... not by a long shot.  However ... on this issue I will give him the benefit of the doubt  To have purposely made a sexist statement like that would would have been political suicide. 

Janet.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 06:37:31 PM »

Not a direct insult.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 07:13:37 PM »

The MSM is always abuzz about something.  I am so tired of politicians' comments being taken out of context and scrutinized ad nauseum for subconscious content - both Dems and Reps.  We have a whole thread on this rather than issues.  When do we get to hear from Palin what she thinks about jthe economy, jobs, health care, etc. ?  She has become a huge distraction at this point.  Sheesh, it is going to be a loooooong two months......
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 07:31:03 PM »

I am no advocate for Barack Obama ... not by a long shot.  However ... on this issue I will give him the benefit of the doubt  To have purposely made a sexist statement like that would would have been political suicide.  

Janet.

Exactly! That's why I think he's losing his cool and loosening his tongue.
The lipstick comment was big news. Barack would know to stay away from any lipstick comments.

And hello Tamikosmom! I always love to read your thoughts.
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 07:34:48 PM »

Sorry to gush on your thread none, but I just love Sarah Palin.
I find her to be so refreshing, down-to-earth, smart, likeable, real, and someone who gets things done.

Loves her!
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 07:45:16 PM »

Insult.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 08:23:22 PM »

Memphis we've had plenty of gushing over Obama this year, you're entitled to gush a bit also.

I think if one presses Obama too hard that his wicked side comes out, perhaps that's why he works overtime to appear oh so diplomatic. I think BOR said it best, he is an ambitious and driven man.

I watched the previews of the ABC Charlie Gibson interview with Palin scheduled to air on Nightline tonight, I think it should be interesting. I plan to tune in.

Obama had lunch with Bill Clinton today, he's courting his favor or wants to give the appearance of doing so. Kermit, what's your take on this? I have my own opinions but am interested in hearing yours on the latest Clinton connection.

tyler, are you tuning in tonight? I'd love to hear your opinion in this thread.

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2008, 05:11:13 AM »

i think it is pretty obvious what's going on here.
every day the MSM doesn't talk about the political differences between Obama and McCain.
and the simularities between McCain and Bush.

that's a good day for McCain.

so they invent false uproars.
and the MSM takes the bait everytime.

but McCain can do this only once of twice more and then it is going to backfire huge.

Modified to correct spelling.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 07:56:51 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.