April 25, 2024, 07:08:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #22  (Read 327376 times)
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #1460 on: September 14, 2008, 04:58:09 PM »

I agree...the fact that Casey tried to cover up, did not report the child as missing, has told so many stories...all these things point to her knowing the difference between right and wrong.  Of course, it is the LEGAL definition of insanity that comes into play here, but I think there is enough evidence to indicate she knew she had done wrong.

I even think the little poem about "Everyone lies.  Everyone dies." is an attempt to justify her actions.  In effect, she is saying, "I may be lying, but everyone does.  And Caylee would have died eventually.  We all do."

I agree with you.  That poem was the first real thing in this entire case as it came from Casey herself without pressure from a cop or family member.  It came from the mind of Casey.  Sheds a bit of light on the type of mind she has, very non caring and detached as well.  IMO
I disagre. It shows that she speaks herself in metaphor. Metaphor is the language of the ancients who weren't allowed free speech. Doesn't mean she's non-caring, but it does mean she's a slave of sorts.
Still she is responsible for her actions, so was Agatha of God who was covering up being raped by a priest... words that could never be spoken.

It is not like she was blogging about her troubles, she was writing a poem.  This type of writing is common in poems.  Not saying you are wrong, I just do not give her that much credit in trying to write in metaphor to be like ancient slaves. 

jjayinthemorning
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1461 on: September 14, 2008, 04:58:18 PM »

Can you take children into bars in Florida?  Here, it is not allowed.
I grew up in Florida. We used to have drive through cocktail stores. You could get a mixed drink to go. Every place sells beer there, even Taco Bell. Florida is a big fishing, boating, outdoor drinking state. Yes, some states don't allow children to sit at a bar, they have to be at a table or away from alcohol. A few years ago in NC bars couldn't have windows so the public couldn't observe drinking from outside.
lula
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1462 on: September 14, 2008, 05:00:01 PM »

I agree...the fact that Casey tried to cover up, did not report the child as missing, has told so many stories...all these things point to her knowing the difference between right and wrong.  Of course, it is the LEGAL definition of insanity that comes into play here, but I think there is enough evidence to indicate she knew she had done wrong.

I even think the little poem about "Everyone lies.  Everyone dies." is an attempt to justify her actions.  In effect, she is saying, "I may be lying, but everyone does.  And Caylee would have died eventually.  We all do."

I agree with you.  That poem was the first real thing in this entire case as it came from Casey herself without pressure from a cop or family member.  It came from the mind of Casey.  Sheds a bit of light on the type of mind she has, very non caring and detached as well.  IMO
I think the cops need to get thier hands on any computer casey may of has access to. I think more so tony's since she was staying there all day when he was at school.
I also remember the roomate stating that casey said she was working at home by laptop..I wonder if she used that excuse after the car was dumped because her laptop was in the car and she would have had to use someone else's computer after that

I was curious at that also. How many laptops does she have access to? I would hope LE has all the info on all computers Casey used.
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1463 on: September 14, 2008, 05:00:45 PM »

Drive thru bar???  We just have drive by shooting, every day!!!!!

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1464 on: September 14, 2008, 05:01:16 PM »

Hi monkeys
Just  jumping in here with some other thoughts.  Casey told the detectives that after Zenaida and Caylee didn't appear on the 16th that she went to Tony's "a neutral place".  Who would use that term "neutral" neutral to what?   When I think about it most of Casey's conversations are neutral too.  She'll talks and talks but never makes a valid point.  She focuses in on all the unimportant details (usually lies) to keep from incriminating herself.  Neutral to her is safe.
mrsrocko19
Monkey Junky

Earth has no sorrow, Heaven cannot heal..

« Reply #1465 on: September 14, 2008, 05:01:20 PM »

I grew up in Florida. We used to have drive through cocktail stores. You could get a mixed drink to go. Every place sells beer there, even Taco Bell. Florida is a big fishing, boating, outdoor drinking state. Yes, some states don't allow children to sit at a bar, they have to be at a table or away from alcohol. A few years ago in NC bars couldn't have windows so the public couldn't observe drinking from outside.
Here in illinois you can take kids in as long as the bar serves food and they are out by 7.00pm
Hudsunn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1466 on: September 14, 2008, 05:02:15 PM »

“On the worst of worst days, remember the words spoken
Trust no one, only yourself.
With great power, comes great consequence.
What is given can be taken away.
Everyone Lies.
Everyone Dies.”

This is what Casey posted on her web page.  So far, nobody has found where it is the exact words to a poem or song.

It appears to be something she wrote herself.

Naturally, we could speculate about it forever.  What is the "worst of worst days?"  Surely it might be the day you kill your daughter.

"Remember the words spoken..."  Spoken by whom?  The voices in her head?  A philosopher she has read?

"Trust no one, only yourself."  It is odd that she separates herself from other human beings. She is different, set apart.  Typically, a person would say, "Trust no one, not even yourself."

She clearly feels totally alone at that time.

"With great power, comes great consequence."  Whose power?  Some might say that Casey seems rather oblivious to consequences.  But here she seems to be saying that she is powerful and that she can withstand the consequences.

"What is given can be taken away."  Here, it seems to be a reference to death.  Or perhaps to simply "taking" something away that another person (her mother?) seems to prize?  It is as if she is referring to Caylee as an object, a what.

"Everyone lies." 
"Everyone dies."

I see the last two lines as rationalization.  We all lie.  So what?  Don't blame me for lying.  It is a human trait.  And as for dying...we are all going to die.  If some die earlier than others, does it really matter.

It is a very fatalistic poem.

I would be interested in hearing how some of you interpret it.
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1467 on: September 14, 2008, 05:02:28 PM »

Canjun
Glad you are doing Ok  and OMG at the flooding..
JMO   but any of us that want to  attempt to assist those in need after IKE  need to donate what they can to the Red Cross
OLDFART, Did you see Geraldo got hit in the head with something?   
Mytime  No I missed that one... I did see him take a header from the surf taking his feet from under him    LOL. 
I do not wish him harm   But something   wet, gooie and yuckie   would be fine with me.   

We heard that on FOX news but my husband said they didn't show it.  The guy from FOX said he was fine because he was so hard headed - like everyone at FOX was.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1468 on: September 14, 2008, 05:02:49 PM »

What part of Florida did you grow up in?  I have lived in FL my entire life and never have I seen or heard of a drive through cocktail store or Taco Bell selling beer. 
Children are not aloud in clubs such as the ones Casey claimed to frequent in hopes of finding Zanny and Caylee..however a bar within a restaurant is common like Applebee's or Chilli's.

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1469 on: September 14, 2008, 05:04:27 PM »

Here in illinois you can take kids in as long as the bar serves food and they are out by 7.00pm

I live in Florida and it not that way anymore.  Taco Bell used to serve beer? 
mrsrocko19
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1470 on: September 14, 2008, 05:05:21 PM »

Everyone Lies.
Everyone Dies.”

This is what Casey posted on her web page.  So far, nobody has found where it is the exact words to a poem or song.

Naturally, we could speculate about it forever.  What is the "worst of worst days?"  Surely it might be the day you kill your daughter.

"Remember the words spoken..."  Spoken by whom?  The voices in her head?  A philosopher she has read?

"Trust no one, only yourself."  It is odd that she separates herself from other human beings. She is different, set apart.  Typically, a person would say, "Trust no one, not even yourself."

"With great power, comes great consequence."  Whose power?  Some might say that Casey seems rather oblivious to consequences.  But here she seems to be saying that she is powerful and that she can withstand the consequences.

"What is given can be taken away."  Here, it seems to be a reference to death.  Or perhaps to simply "taking" something away that another person (her mother?) seems to prize?  It is as if she is referring to Caylee as an object, a what.

"Everyone lies." 
"Everyone dies."

I see the last two lines as rationalization.  We all lie.  So what?  Don't blame me for lying.  It is a human trait.  And as for dying...we are all going to die.  If some die earlier than others, does it really matter.

With great power, comes great consequence."   the power she had to kill a 2 year old and the consequences she will face because of her actions
mrsrocko19
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1471 on: September 14, 2008, 05:06:52 PM »

Everyone Lies.
Everyone Dies.”

"Everyone lies." 
"Everyone dies."

With great power, comes great consequence."   the power she had to kill a 2 year old and the consequences she will face because of her actions
"Remember the words spoken..."  Spoken by whom? the words she spoke to the cops
sirensong
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1472 on: September 14, 2008, 05:07:14 PM »

Hi monkeys
Just  jumping in here with some other thoughts.  Casey told the detectives that after Zenaida and Caylee didn't appear on the 16th that she went to Tony's "a neutral place".  Who would use that term "neutral" neutral to what?   When I think about it most of Casey's conversations are neutral too.  She'll talks and talks but never makes a valid point.  She focuses in on all the unimportant details (usually lies) to keep from incriminating herself.  Neutral to her is safe.

Yes, that was a VERY interesting choice of words.  Because no one would ask her about Caylee?  She could be in her head about what happened to Caylee without anyone wondering what was wrong?
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1473 on: September 14, 2008, 05:08:10 PM »

Everyone Lies.
Everyone Dies.”

"Everyone lies." 
"Everyone dies."

"Remember the words spoken..."  Spoken by whom? the words she spoke to the cops

Possibly the words spoken in the big arguement from that heated Fathers Day...maybe she had said something to C & G like "You will regret this" or something like that...??? Speculation.

KiahJ
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1474 on: September 14, 2008, 05:09:54 PM »

Everyone Lies.
Everyone Dies.”

"Everyone lies." 
"Everyone dies."

"With great power comes great responsibility" is a line in Spiderman 2

Peter Parker says:

Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: "With great power comes great responsibility." This is my gift, my curse. Who am I? I'm Spider-man.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1475 on: September 14, 2008, 05:11:16 PM »

After reading the poem over and over again, IMO I took it to be something she posted on her MySpace as a sort of message to a specific person within her friend list.  This was not a personal journal entry, this was posted on the web where everyone was going to eventually see it.  This is why I think that its the only true piece of Casey at this point. 

abbey09
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1476 on: September 14, 2008, 05:12:01 PM »

Everyone Lies.
Everyone Dies.”

Worst of worst days - Worst day would be when someone you love dies.
remember words spoken - trust no one:  She is remembering the advice given to her to never speak about it and never trust anyone with the secret
Great Power:  The power we hold over another's life and the consequence we face shall we destroy that life
What is given, can be taken away:  Life
Everyone Lies:  I just don't know, except that she expects that everyone will lie. She doesn't seem to be referring to herself, but who knows
Everyone dies:  She is obviously referring to Caylee and trying to justify her actions in her own mind
Hudsunn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1477 on: September 14, 2008, 05:12:44 PM »

I think that the words we use are very, very significant.  It is possible to read too much into them, of course, but most of the time, we use words for a reason.

Marymary, I noticed the use of the word "neutral" by Casey when she said she went to a "neutral place, my boyfriend's place."  A neutral place is, IMO, an area where two people who have squared off and been fighting return during a lapse in the fighting.  Like boxers go to a neutral corner between rounds.

Casey saw Tony's place as an area where her mom, with whom she was having this prolonged fight, could not reach her.  I think Casey even went so far as to say she felt "safe" at Tony's.

Casey was already seeing herself as on the run from terrible things.  She needed a safe haven, a place to feel secure, where nobody was going to judge her or berate her or question her.

I don't think she was running from the nanny or her imaginings of the nanny, but from the crime itself and possibly from Cindy, the Judge and Jury who would condemn her as a bad mom and a bad person.

She says that she had been going places to look for the nanny, which in my mind means she was trying to come up with a story to tell, with a way out of the situation, and when she could not, she went to a "neutral" place where she felt "safe" from Cindy.

She knew Cindy would eventually find her, and when that happened, she did not slam the door in Cindy's face or refuse to talk to Cindy.  She went out and got in the car with Cindy, because Cindy threatened to call the cops.

Her safe haven was no more.
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1478 on: September 14, 2008, 05:13:32 PM »

Everyone Lies.
Everyone Dies.”

"Everyone lies." 
"Everyone dies."

With great power, comes great consequence." I thought she was referring to Cindy be contolling over her and Caylee. JMO
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1479 on: September 14, 2008, 05:14:21 PM »

Canjun
Glad you are doing Ok  and OMG at the flooding..
JMO   but any of us that want to  attempt to assist those in need after IKE  need to donate what they can to the Red Cross
OLDFART, Did you see Geraldo got hit in the head with something?   
Mytime  No I missed that one... I did see him take a header from the surf taking his feet from under him    LOL. 
I do not wish him harm   But something   wet, gooie and yuckie   would be fine with me.   

We heard that on FOX news but my husband said they didn't show it.  The guy from FOX said he was fine because he was so hard headed - like everyone at FOX was.

OldFart: check out this Geraldo video from Friday afternoon. I think it is hilarious!
http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.html?maven_referralObject=3085032&maven_referralPlaylistId=&sRevUrl=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,421614,00.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.