April 28, 2024, 12:06:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HOUSTON - IKE AFTERMATH - TES HAS ASKED FOR OUR HELP  (Read 35509 times)
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2008, 08:40:08 PM »

Lalas

You, Destiny, and all the others who are so good at making phone calls amaze me. Whenever I get on the phone with someone I don't know, I mumble and stumble and don't make much sense. (Not to mention that I sound like Minnie Mouse.) 

Same here..I called the news in Central Florida.. and e-mailed a link to another news station that covered Orlando during the search for Caylee...... stumble on words also..but gave numbers..gave link.. gave as much info as I could..hoping a sister station in Tx can be of assistance.
Hope their phones stay operational.
If their phones go down....advised TES already to use texting options.

High end News Media...have their own dedicated Sats....not regular Sats for comunication....it's a good way to go....to get info out...it's all part of the FCC System...Des

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2008, 08:44:32 PM »

Lalas

You, Destiny, and all the others who are so good at making phone calls amaze me. Whenever I get on the phone with someone I don't know, I mumble and stumble and don't make much sense. (Not to mention that I sound like Minnie Mouse.) 

BT...I give credit to Marlee and MrsKub...it started this morning with a phone call with Marlee to me from TES...and all the Monkey Hearts rushed to help....Des...

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2008, 08:46:57 PM »

Lalas

BT...I give credit to Marlee and MrsKub...it started this morning with a phone call with Marlee to me from TES...and all the Monkey Hearts rushed to help....Des...

I give mucho credit to all of you. You are all wonderful miracle-making monkeys. 

I Stand With The Girl
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2008, 08:48:55 PM »

Lalas

My spelling was very bad earlier ... M. D. M. L.  Or M.D.L.M.   Monkey Do Miracles & Literally or Monkey Do Little Miracles...       JMO of course & give all you a big ole monkey hug

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2008, 08:48:59 PM »

BTW 

That came from http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3384.msg453554#msg453554

Thank you so much!  I need to check on family and the nursing home.  If anyone needs me to get a message out or to make a call here in Texas since I have a landline and electricity - email me your numbers or needs and I will do the best I can to help you!  SharonLee912@aol.com

Does anyone want me to email Sharon?  I will.

Thanks Lala's...I think it would be a good idea...as usual....Des Wink

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2008, 08:50:47 PM »

I forgot the HUG...

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
fladeedah
Scared Monkey

« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2008, 08:50:56 PM »

Lalas

Same here..I called the news in Central Florida.. and e-mailed a link to another news station that covered Orlando during the search for Caylee...... stumble on words also..but gave numbers..gave link.. gave as much info as I could..hoping a sister station in Tx can be of assistance.
Hope their phones stay operational.
If their phones go down....advised TES already to use texting options.

High end News Media...have their own dedicated Sats....not regular Sats for comunication....it's a good way to go....to get info out...it's all part of the FCC System...Des

k... ty for the info!  if you know of anything else that can be done...
any other suggestions..my number is with my 'MonkeyAngels'  as you are aware.

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2008, 08:56:37 PM »

If anyone happens to get an update  tonight  or even a blip on the Houston news..   
Please post it.   I think I would sleep better.

Will check back in later

TIA 

and God Bless ya

mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2008, 09:01:39 PM »

OK. Here's where we're at, long story shot:

Sgt. Simms from the National Guard (who is an absolute doll) was willing to do anything needed. He even said they could evacuate everyone to San Antonio if need be. I gave him Frank's number as the contact. Frank's phone has been spotty with service. Sgt. left a VM. Sgt. then called Height House personally. The woman in the office downplayed everything to him. She told him they did have food today and only 2 people needed evacuation but they refused because they couldn't take their cat and didn't want to leave until this was over. Point blank, they cannot charge in there without help being needed and requested. When I spoke to Frank, he stated that he didn't think the office staff was aware of the seriousness of the situation.

Fast forward to now. I will call Sgt. Simms again tomorrow morning and see if we can get MRE's, ice and water dropped off. Melissa indicated it could be a couple of weeks or longer before power is restored so we will need as much as we can get.

Lala's, if you can get that organization in with the food and medical staff, that would be great. If you'd like me to call them for you, just let me know and I will.

"The cure to crime shouldn't end in the electric chair, it should start in the high chair"
mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2008, 09:02:25 PM »

BTW 

That came from http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3384.msg453554#msg453554

Thank you so much!  I need to check on family and the nursing home.  If anyone needs me to get a message out or to make a call here in Texas since I have a landline and electricity - email me your numbers or needs and I will do the best I can to help you!  SharonLee912@aol.com

Does anyone want me to email Sharon?  I will.

Thanks Lala's...I think it would be a good idea...as usual....Des Wink

I'm pretty sure Marlee did this earlier.

"The cure to crime shouldn't end in the electric chair, it should start in the high chair"
fladeedah
Scared Monkey

« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2008, 09:04:44 PM »

i am hoping this may help to keep up wih information ..

http://www.khou.com/

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2008, 09:16:46 PM »

Mrs. Kub
I am going to call them again in the morning and give them Frank's number.  If they can locate their groups down there, they will either send them or have someone contact Frank...just can't get in touch with them tonight.  It would not hurt if we all started on them gain in the morning. Sorry, I haven't been much help with this..will try to do better tomorrow.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2008, 09:23:59 PM »

i am hoping this may help to keep up wih information ..

http://www.khou.com/

I have been living on that website for days now. They are the first ones I called today to see if they could help TES.  I haven't heard back from them, but then I really didn't expect to.  They are really busy and stressed down there right now.
fladeedah
Scared Monkey

« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2008, 09:53:41 PM »

Marlee.. any suggestions.. please just call me.  anytime day or night.
Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2008, 10:20:00 PM »

Marlee.. any suggestions.. please just call me.  anytime day or night.

Will do! I am heading to bed....I am whipped. Other than going to pick up a book for school that I HAVE to go get,  I will be home all day tomorrow. Thanks Fladeehah!!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2008, 10:27:20 PM »

The major newspaper in Houston:  The Houston Chronicle

http://www.chron.com/

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2008, 08:59:16 AM »

Still can't locate either Samaritan's Purse or operation Blessing trucks or volunteers.  They say they come into a place and set up in a location known to who ever is with that city organizing things.  So have no idea at this time what area they are in.  Will keep trying to locate them just in case they are close enough to help TES.  I wonder if there is a central staging area that they are required to register at or something like that?  Anyone know?
mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2008, 09:50:52 AM »

Just got off the phone with Nat. Guard. They have contacted Houston Emergency Operations Center. EOC will take it from there and have food and water delivered. Nat. Guard will call me back when everything is confirmed with Frank and I will let everyone here know.

Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2008, 11:05:24 AM »

Just got off the phone with Nat. Guard. They have contacted Houston Emergency Operations Center. EOC will take it from there and have food and water delivered. Nat. Guard will call me back when everything is confirmed with Frank and I will let everyone here know.

Way to go MrsK !!!

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2008, 11:22:58 AM »

Thanks Monkeys for all your efforts, as usual, you all Rock.  But I come her with a heavy heart.

This is somewhat off topic, though Ironically, it's related to IKE and TES.  Here in Ohio, we are in a state of an Emergency, due to approx. 80% of the state without power, thanks to IKE's winds hurricane strenght winds hitting here on Sunday.  We may not have power back until Sunday in some areas.   I have never seen anything like this in my life.   But I thank God, we are not experiencing anything like TX, God help them!  We do have a generator saving our food and providing enough juice for some t.v.

My main point here is, some of you may remember when TES came to Columbus to search for 2 missing boys, one named Brian Schaffer.   Marlee and I spent an entire weekend with the families and TES volunteering in the searches.  We had met his father Randy during the searches, even have pics with him and he was (YES, actually helping with the search).  However, last night on the local news,  there was breaking news that he was killed after a tree fell on him.

What makes the story so tragic, is Brian lost his mother 2 weeks before he disappeared, now Randy, his father and they left behind one other son, who has just lost his entire family in a few short years.  Please keep this boy in your prayers.

I never dreamed living in Ohio, I would have to worry about a HURRICANE,  though we are not experiencing the water and more devistating effects as TX,   it has given me a new appreciation of life and also how life can come full circle, that TES helped search for a son of a Father who would die from  IKE almost exactly a year later and also touched two monkeys here. It truly is a small world and the Monkeys who have brought us all together is almost beyond comprehension.

God Bless you ALL and those in TX and other states affected and TES!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.