March 28, 2024, 04:37:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HOUSTON - IKE AFTERMATH - TES HAS ASKED FOR OUR HELP  (Read 35135 times)
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2008, 11:30:06 AM »

SM post during TES searches http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=387.0 of boy whose father was just killed by IKE

Randy Shaffer: http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/news.apx.-content-articles-CMH-2008-09-15-0035.html

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2008, 11:37:04 AM »

OK. Called Samaritan's Purse and got a contact number and passed it on to Frank with TES.  They are still in need of help.  Hopefully, they can get together and help out some.  Still working on Operation Blessing.  Keep your fingers crossed and send prayers.
Sharon/Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2008, 10:45:25 PM »

Oh Dihannah - God bless y'all and this family and you. I was born in Ohio - moved here to Houston in '68!

I have just read some emails from some of you wonderful people.  My internet crashed right after I offered to make phone calls here for anyone and gave my email address.  I could have cried.  We can't get tech support - lines are busy or down.  I cannot get gas.  You run out waiting in line.  I am going daily to my motherinlaw's alzheimer center and they are on generators.  I am trying to type as fast as I can before we lose power or internet so I am sorry I am rambling.  Houston is mainly without power.  We have no ice, cold food, gas, etc.  The tree trucks are having a hard time finding gas & getting through, which makes the electric company skip areas with trees down on lines.  We are Katrina.  Traffic lights are out.  Curfews are in.  We can't find milk for the babies.  Cold meat came in to a Krogers but the line was so long and the road was backed up... we just went to the nursing home.  I have been doing laundry for them - bed pads, towels, fitted sheets, and washcloths.  Their generators cannot make those big washers work.... plus some have no water.  We need ice.  We need power, food, cell phones to work, landlines to work.  We can't get through....... it rings and rings, sometimes you can leave a voice mail but they don't get it.  I feel like I am in a third world.  I am scared to use my gas because I have to check on my kids, grandbaby and the nursing home.  We have been told it will be 3 weeks to a month before NW Houston gets power. (Beltway 8 towards 1960, all of Cypresswood, out to Tomball and Magnolia.)  I want to help so bad........... I hate Ike......... but God does things like this to make us realise how good we had/have it and to appreciate friends and family who care to help strangers and each other.  At our Alzheimer Center we are getting volunteers to wash, bring cookies, girl scouts or piano players, bingo "by generator!" etc.  We can't find batteries so we have no tv's radios, communication with what is going on.  Think of camping with nothing electrical for days and days with just can goods, a candle, warm tap water.  Just to have one ice cube to make your water cold is awesome.  I am unbelievabley blessed to have power... for now.    I best go and email family.  I will try to check back but remember our power and cable and internet are all crashing if and when we get them.  God bless everyone and thank you for caring!  I will pray for this family in Ohio, and baby Caylee and Natalee..... I cannot stop thinking about them and their families........ hoping that when this nightmare is over, I will sign on and see good news.  My landline is working if I can make phone calls for anyone!  NO MORE BED PADS FOR ME! Hugs! 

"Huge waste" Casey. 

Justice for Natalee!
"Joran Vandersloot's evil world is slowly crashing down on his evil soul!"
*****For major cases, you can also report information by calling our toll-free number 1-800-CALLFBI (225-5324).
Sharon/Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2008, 11:22:28 PM »

Ok, I have just read this whole thread and am crying at what you all have done for this nursing home.  I feel helpless.  My daughter's company may have donations of bread or ice that they can get there.  I can try researching and calling tomorrow.  It's hard to communicate here - so we don't know what's going on.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for what you all have done here!  God bless you.

"Huge waste" Casey. 

Justice for Natalee!
*****For major cases, you can also report information by calling our toll-free number 1-800-CALLFBI (225-5324).
mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2008, 10:16:40 AM »

First and foremost...Sharon, is there anything we can do for you? I had no idea you were hit so hard and so devasted. Please don't hesitate to ask. We are behind you and will help in any way we can.

I just got off the phone with Frank. Everything is doing well now. Houston EOC is working with them to restore utilities ASAP. Salvation Army is providing meals and water for at least the next week. They did receive the grills they needed as well. The only thing lacking at this point are the generators and there are just none to be had.

It's been a rough ride for them but it's on the upswing now thanks to so many monkeys. My heartfelt thanks to everyone for your help and suggestions. It's invaluable and may have (probably)saved some lives.

I'd also like to ask that members do not contact TES workers at this point on their cell phones. Frank has stated that it is VERY difficult to get calls in or out. As a matter of fact, the National Guard had to leave messages because Frank's phone was tied up.  We need them to have access to their cell phones for emergencies and for coordination efforts. Frank or Melissa will stay in touch with either Marlee or myself and we will rush to get any information to you. Please try to understand and don't take offense. It's a critical time and we all have to work together.

"The cure to crime shouldn't end in the electric chair, it should start in the high chair"
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2008, 12:26:23 PM »

Oh Dihannah - God bless y'all and this family and you. I was born in Ohio - moved here to Houston in '68!

I have just read some emails from some of you wonderful people.  My internet crashed right after I offered to make phone calls here for anyone and gave my email address.  I could have cried.  We can't get tech support - lines are busy or down.  I cannot get gas.  You run out waiting in line.  I am going daily to my motherinlaw's alzheimer center and they are on generators.  I am trying to type as fast as I can before we lose power or internet so I am sorry I am rambling.  Houston is mainly without power.  We have no ice, cold food, gas, etc.  The tree trucks are having a hard time finding gas & getting through, which makes the electric company skip areas with trees down on lines.  We are Katrina.  Traffic lights are out.  Curfews are in.  We can't find milk for the babies.  Cold meat came in to a Krogers but the line was so long and the road was backed up... we just went to the nursing home.  I have been doing laundry for them - bed pads, towels, fitted sheets, and washcloths.  Their generators cannot make those big washers work.... plus some have no water.  We need ice.  We need power, food, cell phones to work, landlines to work.  We can't get through....... it rings and rings, sometimes you can leave a voice mail but they don't get it.  I feel like I am in a third world.  I am scared to use my gas because I have to check on my kids, grandbaby and the nursing home.  We have been told it will be 3 weeks to a month before NW Houston gets power. (Beltway 8 towards 1960, all of Cypresswood, out to Tomball and Magnolia.)  I want to help so bad........... I hate Ike......... but God does things like this to make us realise how good we had/have it and to appreciate friends and family who care to help strangers and each other.  At our Alzheimer Center we are getting volunteers to wash, bring cookies, girl scouts or piano players, bingo "by generator!" etc.  We can't find batteries so we have no tv's radios, communication with what is going on.  Think of camping with nothing electrical for days and days with just can goods, a candle, warm tap water.  Just to have one ice cube to make your water cold is awesome.  I am unbelievabley blessed to have power... for now.    I best go and email family.  I will try to check back but remember our power and cable and internet are all crashing if and when we get them.  God bless everyone and thank you for caring!  I will pray for this family in Ohio, and baby Caylee and Natalee..... I cannot stop thinking about them and their families........ hoping that when this nightmare is over, I will sign on and see good news.  My landline is working if I can make phone calls for anyone!  NO MORE BED PADS FOR ME! Hugs! 

Oh God Bless YOU!   I may  not have power, but no loss remotely near as large as yours and all in TX. YOU all have my heartfelt sympathy and remain in my prayers.  Living without electricity definately makes you appreciate the things you take for granted, which is my only loss, I can't begin to imagine what you are going through!    It may be an inconvenience to me, but by no means does it minimize what is happening there.  I thank God we have no water damage, huge losses, except for a few poor souls who lost there lives from downed trees.  I only WISH I could do something for YOU and only brought my situation up, because of IKE coming this far, affecting States so far away, but most importantly because of the loss of a man who TES came here to search for his son just last year and has never been found.  It was because of him, I had the humbling experience to meet Tim Miller and became a member of TES, though sadly under such horrible circumstances.  I totally freaked out, when I saw it on the news.  My heart goes out to the lone young son whose lost all his immediate family in such a short time.   It's amazing how God works in mysterious ways.

I pray everything gets back to normal for you soon and for all you are going through!   Please stay safe and know you are in many people's prayers!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
yucatexan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2008, 12:29:11 PM »

Dearest Monkey Family - as a long time "silent" Monkey I want to thank you all for the love, prayers and support you have already sent to my home state of Texas!  I do not live in the affected area of the storm but do have many family members and friends who are suffering.  Even here in the central part of the state the stress and strain is appearant as is "disaster fatigue".  As we drop lower in the news cycle, I ask you to please continue to keep all those affected formost in your thoughts and prayers and to please remind others of the sincere need for assistance.  Supplies and morale are extremely low and there is a very long road ahead.  Simple necessities are needed not only in Houston and Galveston but in the outlying areas hundreds of miles away.  I have seen the power of the Amazing Monkeys and thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Sharon/Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #127 on: September 17, 2008, 12:38:25 PM »

First and foremost...Sharon, is there anything we can do for you? I had no idea you were hit so hard and so devasted. Please don't hesitate to ask. We are behind you and will help in any way we can.

I just got off the phone with Frank. Everything is doing well now. Houston EOC is working with them to restore utilities ASAP. Salvation Army is providing meals and water for at least the next week. They did receive the grills they needed as well. The only thing lacking at this point are the generators and there are just none to be had.

It's been a rough ride for them but it's on the upswing now thanks to so many monkeys. My heartfelt thanks to everyone for your help and suggestions. It's invaluable and may have (probably)saved some lives.

I'd also like to ask that members do not contact TES workers at this point on their cell phones. Frank has stated that it is VERY difficult to get calls in or out. As a matter of fact, the National Guard had to leave messages because Frank's phone was tied up.  We need them to have access to their cell phones for emergencies and for coordination efforts. Frank or Melissa will stay in touch with either Marlee or myself and we will rush to get any information to you. Please try to understand and don't take offense. It's a critical time and we all have to work together.

God bless you Mrskub.  I am fine, thank you!  I left here at 6:30am and got groceries after waiting in line one hour!  I stopped at my nursing home and God blessed them with power and they are back to normal.  My kids still don't have power, so I picked up the baby.  We are having roast and potatoes tonight and counting our blessings.  I cried all the way home as the baby slept.  I am pretty strong but this has just gotten to us.  I love coming here and getting away and still cannot stop thinking about baby Caylee.  Thank you for who you are! xox

"Huge waste" Casey. 

Justice for Natalee!
Sharon/Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #128 on: September 17, 2008, 12:41:14 PM »

Oh God Bless YOU!   I may  not have power, but no loss remotely near as large as yours and all in TX. YOU all have my heartfelt sympathy and remain in my prayers.  Living without electricity definately makes you appreciate the things you take for granted, which is my only loss, I can't begin to imagine what you are going through!    It may be an inconvenience to me, but by no means does it minimize what is happening there.  I thank God we have no water damage, huge losses, except for a few poor souls who lost there lives from downed trees.  I only WISH I could do something for YOU and only brought my situation up, because of IKE coming this far, affecting States so far away, but most importantly because of the loss of a man who TES came here to search for his son just last year and has never been found.  It was because of him, I had the humbling experience to meet Tim Miller and became a member of TES, though sadly under such horrible circumstances.  I totally freaked out, when I saw it on the news.  My heart goes out to the lone young son whose lost all his immediate family in such a short time.   It's amazing how God works in mysterious ways.

I pray everything gets back to normal for you soon and for all you are going through!   Please stay safe and know you are in many people's prayers!

Thank you so much for the kind words.  It's harder for you because you are not used to this.  We are used to power outages, wind, hurricanes.  I bet the winds scared you.  Things will get better.  I feel bad that all the linemen are down here and not able to help other states.  I think I heard they are getting more out to other states.  I love my Ohio and want you to feel safe!  Thanks again!

"Huge waste" Casey. 

Justice for Natalee!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: September 17, 2008, 04:52:15 PM »

Police & EMS are on the way.

MARLY...MRSKUB...YOU ROCK!!!

Thank you.  Monkeys have the biggest hearts.  You rock and roll all of you, Des, you too!  I love you guys!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2008, 07:46:25 PM »

I have GREAT NEWS!!!!!

The electricity has been restored in both buildings at Height House!!!! Interface Ministries and the Salvation Army are still going to provide food for the next week to the residents and FEMA will be giving them food stamps to replenish their own food that was ruined.

TES thanks everyone for their help and prayers.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2008, 08:49:42 PM »

I have GREAT NEWS!!!!!

The electricity has been restored in both buildings at Height House!!!! Interface Ministries and the Salvation Army are still going to provide food for the next week to the residents and FEMA will be giving them food stamps to replenish their own food that was ruined.

Wow   
See   Monkeys Do Miracles !!

Tipping my Hat to all that made this happen   { think planters peanut commercial }

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: September 17, 2008, 11:09:44 PM »

That's really great news!!  

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sharon/Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #133 on: September 18, 2008, 06:00:06 AM »

I have GREAT NEWS!!!!!

God bless you Marlee!  PLEASE keep my email address and if you ever need anything out in the Cypress way or if there is anything I can ever do for Tim or TES, please let me know! 

"Huge waste" Casey. 

Justice for Natalee!
Sharon/Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #134 on: September 18, 2008, 06:25:25 AM »

Did I read that Tim's house got flooded?  As insurance adjusters start talking to us we are getting more depressed.  Most homeowner policies have a deductible of 1 or 2% of the home value.  People do not have thousands of dollars out of pocket money right now so houses are not getting fixed. With flooding and no electricity you have no way to dry the pad or carpet or sheetrock and lots of roofs are damaged and rains are coming.  Does Tim need anything?  Tim Miller has certainly given of himself, if he needs help, I will be happy to donate to him!

"Huge waste" Casey. 

Justice for Natalee!
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #135 on: September 19, 2008, 11:25:48 AM »

WOW!  You guys have done it again!

Reading this thread last night, I thought I was right here along side you! 

Congratulations and Great Work!

Sharon...I hope things are starting to look up for you and your Family. We only caught the tail end here and it was pretty wild. I could not imagine the full fury of a hurricane.
Sharon/Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #136 on: September 19, 2008, 12:58:17 PM »

Hi MuminOhio,
     Thank you! I think things are looking a lot better today for me because the rest of my family got power last night!  Now we can start helping others.  I cannot believe Ike reached all the way up there in Ohio!

"Huge waste" Casey. 

Justice for Natalee!
Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #137 on: September 19, 2008, 05:15:35 PM »

I just wanted to let everyone know that we donated $500 to TES today.

The day before the hurricane hit Tim had bought a lot of bales of hay for the horses. The winds tore off some of the roof of the barn and all of the hay is ruined. The money will be used to purchase more hay for the horses and help with repairs to the roof.
Sharon/Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2008, 06:52:32 AM »

Hi Marlee,
     Thank you so much for donating to Tim and the horses.  They are trying to move the cattle (to San Antonio or College Station) and horses before they eat too much salt water and bad grass near the coast.  This is an unbelievable gesture and I hope you all know how many lives you affect and in this case, may save. .  Here are some unbelievable pictures of some of the devastation.  I really am worried about the strays.  Some people in Boliver (peninsula across from Galveston) had storm surges of 14 feet slam through their house and just sucked everything, including them, to sea.  They are gathering the strays and posting pics on SPCA.  These pictures are unreal:
                 http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/09/the_short_but_eventful_life_of.html

"Huge waste" Casey. 

Justice for Natalee!
Sharon/Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2008, 04:31:08 AM »

Taken from TES Websight:
When “Hurricane Ike” struck the Texas coast near Galveston, it left widespread destruction and countless people without food, water or power, including the senior citizens and disabled residents of two ten story residential buildings --- the Heights House and the Heights Towers. Some of the residents were ill and needed medicine, and some required immediate medical care. TES member, Melissa Sullivan, spearheaded a mission to help those 270 residents by arranging for donations of food, water and the volunteers needed to shuttle the desperately needed items, along with medication and ice, up the ten flights of darkened stairwells and through hallways in the two buildings (blocks apart) until the residents power was restored several days later.

Many of the people, organizations and offices listed below be experienced multiple storm problems of their own, but they still made time to help others. So, Texas EquuSearch would like to say a big “Thank You” all of the following compassionate persons who gave so much to help these senior citizens in their time of need … and made this humanitarian effort a huge kindhearted success.

The dedicated and hard-working volunteers of Texas EquuSearch,
Marlee, Starr & Destiny of ScaredMonkeys.com
Houston Fire Department Asst. Chief Rick Flanagan
the unknown Houston Police Officers that arranged for the donation of two truck loads of ice
Houston City Council member/Mayor Pro-Tem Adrian Garcia & his staff
Tim Miller (Texas EquuSearch director)
Boy Scout Troop 73 and their leaders
The Wellness Center
Congressman John Culberson & his staff
The Salvation Army
Interfaith Ministries
Harris County Medical Reserve Corps.
The National Guard
Congresswoman Sheila Jackson-Lee & her staff

"Huge waste" Casey. 

Justice for Natalee!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.