April 27, 2024, 10:20:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HOUSTON - IKE AFTERMATH - TES HAS ASKED FOR OUR HELP  (Read 35476 times)
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2008, 07:32:48 PM »

On the phone with National Guard. They are on their way.

Miracle do happen....Monkey make them happen....MRSKub...with this info...do we need to keep contacting TV Stations....have you been able to get through to TES/Frank...Oh Lord...he sounds so very tired.....Des

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2008, 07:34:03 PM »

The city worker was rude and gave me two numbers to call both are "not available due to the hurricane."

I got his name though and will be writing an email about his rudeness.

I am glad you are getting stuff done. Sorry, I am being no help.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2008, 07:35:09 PM »

Miracle do happen....Monkey make them happen....MRSKub...with this info...do we need to keep contacting TV Stations....have you been able to get through to TES/Frank...Oh Lord...he sounds so very tired.....Des

YAY!!

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2008, 07:35:14 PM »

I am going to try to get some food resources for them through those two organizations...maybe we can get them fed at least.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2008, 07:35:19 PM »

Hallelujah! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2008, 07:36:47 PM »

I just got off the phone with destiny. There was a huge outpouring of help to deliver ice and a store donated breads. Volunteers killed themselves running up and down all these stairs with deliveries. There are 2 medics who were there checking on everyone's well being. Some people are in a critical position with requiring dialysis. If they don't get this, they will die.

It's a horrible situation. We have done all we can do from here. The EMS is aware as is Red Cross and the City of Houston. At this point, it's probably best for the residents to remain in their homes if possible. I was told there are only about 100 more spaces available in the shelters near them.

Aside from notifying local stations to cover this with the hope of additional help, there really isn't anything else I can think of to do. If anyone has an idea, by all means, speak up. We're all ears.

You guys got the word out...
and assistance is being provided and authorities are now aware!

It almost sounds like the Natl. guard or FEMA  needs to roll in a generator that can provide power to Both building   for the medical equipment and make moving them easier.

You have done a miracle literally ! 

OF, don't get me going on FEMA!!!! They suk. No help whatsoever.

"The cure to crime shouldn't end in the electric chair, it should start in the high chair"
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2008, 07:37:14 PM »

Who do I need to tell them to contact once they get in place to feed those people? They also bring in doctors and nurses with them and medical supplies.  Anyone?
Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2008, 07:38:53 PM »

I am going to try to get some food resources for them through those two organizations...maybe we can get them fed at least.

Lala's....You made me cry.....Des

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2008, 07:39:03 PM »

Des, I think we should hold off now. The Sgt. that I spoke to thinks many of these folks may have to be evacuated due to medical conditions. The stable ones can certainly stay in their apartments though.

He will call me back as soon as they speak with Frank and assess the situation. I tried to get Frank to tell him but all I got was VM.

"The cure to crime shouldn't end in the electric chair, it should start in the high chair"
mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2008, 07:39:48 PM »

Who do I need to tell them to contact once they get in place to feed those people? They also bring in doctors and nurses with them and medical supplies.  Anyone?

Frank. He's on site.

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2008, 07:40:12 PM »

The city worker was rude and gave me two numbers to call both are "not available due to the hurricane."

Pink Angel
You  got though to someone

I just wish WE knew if they are going to attempt to move them  or get power to the buildings or what.   Where are the going to attempt to put them ?  In a shelter  or ship out of town   etc.

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2008, 07:40:27 PM »

Samaritan's Purse is also down there in the disaster area...maybe they could help too.  I will try to call them also. If anyone else would like to try I would appreciate it.

Samaritan's Purse
P.O. Box 3000
Boone, NC 28607
Phone (828) 262-1980
Fax (828) 266-1026

Lala's, I called and talked to a really nice man. He said call back first thing in the morning and he will be able to connect you to crew right in Houston and they would be glad to help with some food and stuff.

mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2008, 07:41:53 PM »

Pink Angel
You  got though to someone

I just wish WE knew if they are going to attempt to move them  or get power to the buildings or what.   Where are the going to attempt to put them ?  In a shelter  or ship out of town   etc.

I think the medically unstable will go to hospital

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2008, 07:44:30 PM »

Samaritan's Purse has no idea where they are locating in Texas.  They are going to try to find out and see if they can locate someone from TES.  It may be tomorrow though.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2008, 07:45:34 PM »

Samaritan's Purse is also down there in the disaster area...maybe they could help too.  I will try to call them also. If anyone else would like to try I would appreciate it.

Samaritan's Purse
P.O. Box 3000
Boone, NC 28607
Phone (828) 262-1980
Fax (828) 266-1026

Lala's, I called and talked to a really nice man. He said call back first thing in the morning and he will be able to connect you to crew right in Houston and they would be glad to help with some food and stuff.

Wow!  You got farther than I did...I will call in the morning first thing.
Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2008, 07:45:59 PM »

Frank. He's on site.

Anyone reading this and WHOM ALREADY HAS MY EMAIL ADDY....I will give you #...he said it's OK...Des

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2008, 07:49:45 PM »

I happend to think  ... I think it was  Sharon ?   in NW Houston  posting where she had power  Maybe if someone could find out who I'm think about  there might be a way to get in touch with her ???   Just wondering

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2008, 07:50:18 PM »

Samaritan's Purse
P.O. Box 3000
Boone, NC 28607
Phone (828) 262-1980
Fax (828) 266-1026

Thank you! I did comment on his NC accent which made him laugh. Perhaps the flirting helped? LOL!

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2008, 07:52:36 PM »

Called Joel Osteen Ministries...got answering machine...will call again in AM.   Can anyone think of any other large church in the Houston area that I could contact?
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2008, 07:53:56 PM »

Samaritan's Purse
P.O. Box 3000
Boone, NC 28607
Phone (828) 262-1980
Fax (828) 266-1026

Thank you! I did comment on his NC accent which made him laugh. Perhaps the flirting helped? LOL!

Well, that nice man was the first one I got when I called...he said someone else had just contacted him and then he transferred me to a lady that kept me on hold forever and then couldn't find out how to contact anyone on the ground.  I will call again tomorrow.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.