April 28, 2024, 10:09:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HOUSTON - IKE AFTERMATH - TES HAS ASKED FOR OUR HELP  (Read 35503 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: September 15, 2008, 12:27:07 PM »

I just received an email from Marlee - she just spoke with TES.

There are 2 ten story buildings in Houston that are housing the elderly with no electrity, food or water. These buildings have people with  all types of medical problems so medical attention is also needed.

They have asked US to do what we can to help these people.

Marlee - please keep us updated and let us know if we should use the TES donation page.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 12:46:54 PM »

So where do we go to help?  Can we leave a donation at TES website?  Let us know...
Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 12:47:59 PM »

Texas Equusearch has called us for help. There are 2  10 story buildings in Houston that house an elderly community that has been without food, water and electricity since the hurricane. They have used some of their resources to get them some food and water but it is not nearly enough.  There are people that are severely disabled in wheelchairs and a lot with medical problems. There are approximately 200 people in these buildings.
The management of these buildings is at a loss at what to do and have turned it over to TES.
I was unable to speak with everyone, so I asked mrs.kub’s opinion about using the TES donations to help in this situation if needed. We decided that they were there for TES and we would make them available if necessary. We will keep you posted.
I am going to contact Sharon/tx to see what she can suggest. Destiny in on the phone making calls as we speak. Please make your suggestions and ideas. We need to help these people.

The buildings are located at:
Heights House
1950 Heights Blvd. (and East 20th Street.)
Houston, TX 77008
misitx5
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 12:56:14 PM »

Wow MArlee I am at a loss but if you have donation money left from the CAYLEE search i think this is just as important...
mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 01:03:55 PM »

I've contacted the Red Cross in Houston who has provided information on State assistance. I will get in touch with Marlee & then TES and see if we can get some of them to shelters and the others, the State will assist (hopefully). Say a prayer.

"The cure to crime shouldn't end in the electric chair, it should start in the high chair"
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 01:08:13 PM »

Having never experienced such a disaster, my knowledge of procedure is limited, but I would think the community would have a plan to remove the people from the unsafe environment in their buildings to a facility where their needs can be met.  Is that one of the plans? 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 01:11:20 PM »

The problem here is these people are disabled and/or medically unstable to walk stairs. The electricity is out so the elevators are not running. The buildings are 10 stories high.

I have a number to contact the State and they are the ones who are actually responsible to get these people to safety. They MUST have some type of disaster planning for this.

I just got the info to Marlee and she's getting it to TES. Help should be on the way after TES contacts the State.

"The cure to crime shouldn't end in the electric chair, it should start in the high chair"
misitx5
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 01:15:00 PM »

The problem here is these people are disabled and/or medically unstable to walk stairs. The electricity is out so the elevators are not running. The buildings are 10 stories high.

I have a number to contact the State and they are the ones who are actually responsible to get these people to safety. They MUST have some type of disaster planning for this.

I just got the info to Marlee and she's getting it to TES. Help should be on the way after TES contacts the State.

Fingers crossed!
Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 01:15:56 PM »

So where do we go to help?  Can we leave a donation at TES website?  Let us know...

Hi Lalas!

Yes, if you would like to make a donation do it right to the TES website. That way they will get it fast!

mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 01:19:54 PM »

Any word yet, Marlee?

Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 01:21:13 PM »

Any word yet, Marlee?

I have been trying to get through to them since you gave me the info....must be having cell phone problems....I know when I was talking to him earlier it went out....will keep trying.
Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 01:35:52 PM »

I still can't get a hold of the cell phone. I called TES office and they have an answering service taking messages then they email them to a TES addy, so I left the info with her to pass on. Will keep trying cell.

Destiny had got a hold of an ABC News TV station in Atlanta and they are passing the story to the Houston station. She also called Neal Boortz who has a syndicated radio show and got the info to him.

mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 01:37:06 PM »

I still can't get a hold of the cell phone. I called TES office and they have an answering service taking messages then they email them to a TES addy, so I left the info with her to pass on. Will keep trying cell.

Destiny had got a hold of an ABC News TV station in Atlanta and they are passing the story to the Houston station. She also called Neal Boortz who has a syndicated radio show and got the info to him.

Tell the news crews to bring water when they come!

mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 01:45:09 PM »

Police & EMS are on the way.

Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2008, 01:45:50 PM »

What Marley wrote on the forum is now in the hands of every TV Station in Houston....just got a call back from Paul/WSBT Newsroom....this is the best way for them to get help really fast...he'll do follow-up calls from the Atlanta Office and let me know the status....I'll try to post later....

Destiny

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 01:54:45 PM »

Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 01:55:14 PM »

What Marley wrote on the forum is now in the hands of every TV Station in Houston....just got a call back from Paul/WSBT Newsroom....this is the best way for them to get help really fast...he'll do follow-up calls from the Atlanta Office and let me know the status....I'll try to post later....

Destiny

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008, 02:01:01 PM »

The police will get the National Guard to evacuate those people if possible.  Once again...the monkeys are the best!!
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2008, 02:11:50 PM »

MARLY...MRSKUB...YOU ROCK!!!

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2008, 02:12:30 PM »

Just contacted KHOU in Houston...maybe they can send a news crew over there...do we have an address?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.