March 29, 2024, 12:02:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #24  (Read 347889 times)
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2008, 12:11:23 PM »

Cindy and Orange County use the same landscape architects

Note the yellow tape.

Is that her new boyfriend waiting at the door? (I forget his name)

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2008, 12:12:37 PM »

Note the yellow tape.

Constipation? 

So will the marching band be coming out before or after her this time?....alright bring in the clowns....(well dont they scare me)

The Doc
Scared Monkey

« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2008, 12:15:46 PM »

Why Commencing A Defamation Action Is Not Aways A Good Idea

While people who are targeted by lies may well be angry enough to file a lawsuit, there are some very good reasons why actions for defamation may not be a good idea.

The publicity that results from a defamation lawsuit can create a greater audience for the false statements than they previously enjoyed. For example, if a newspaper or news show picks up the story of the lawsuit, false accusations that were previously known to only a small number of people may suddenly become known to the entire community, nation, or even to the world. As the media is much more apt to cover a lawsuit than to cover its ultimate resolution, the net effect may be that large numbers of people hear the false allegations, but never learn how the litigation was resolved.

Another big issue is that defamation cases tend to be difficult to win, and damage awards tend to be small. As a result, it is unusual for attorneys to be willing to take defamation cases on a contingent fee basis, and the fees expended in litigating even a successful defamation action can exceed the total recovery.

Another significant concern is that, even where the statements made by the defendant are entirely false, it may not be possible for a plaintiff to prove all of the elements of defamation. Most people will respond to news that a plaintiff lost a defamation lawsuit by concluding that the allegations were true.

In other words, the plaintiff in a defamation action may be required to expend a considerable amount of money to bring the action, may experience significant negative publicity which repeats the false accusations, and if unsuccessful in the litigation may cement into the public consciousness the belief that the defamatory accusations were true. While many plaintiffs will be able to successfully prosecute defamation actions, the possible downside should be considered when deciding whether or not such litigation should be attempted.

snipped from here:
http://www.expertlaw.com/library/personal_injury/defamation.html

Cindy, how much money would it take to make you feel better?  Your granddaughter is dead and suing everyone that calls Casey a liar, a whore, or a murderer won't bring her back.  Find some other way to heal yourself.  OMG, suing anyone who "slanders" Casey? a WASTE...a huge Waste.

Move on with your life.  Put your daughter in jail where she belongs and start grieving for your loss.  It's the nicest thing you could do for yourself.  Seriously.

In a small sense, dont you think that Cindy defamed Casey's character by raising her the way that she did??? In an odd sense, didnt she fail her own daughter in every responsible way? Never holding Casey accountable or responsible for anything???  Had she done these things.....would we even be here today???  Cindy...pick up a mirror...take a good look at yourself....you are just as guilty as the monster you created.
But, in your sick and twisted way....Im sure its MY fault, or all the Monkey's fault, hell....its probably that damn Santa's fault----but NEVER will it be your fault! 
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2008, 12:16:11 PM »

I have to say something about Baez, don't get me wrong I hate looking at his smug face too, but......

He is a defence attorney that is his job thats what he does.  I know it's hard to imagine but moral has nothing to do with it.  Everyone is entitled to fair representation.  I mean everyone.  From you and I to the lowest of the low.  If he was not defending her then some other defense attorney would. 

I see two smug faces

Baez is smiling because his little play toy/meal ticket is being released.

Lisa

Ok, I tried to stay away from this subject but ... is anyone lse hearing the song "Secret Lovers" in their head while looking at this picture? I'm just sayin.

I remember you, Caylee.
tomm9298
Monkey Junky

The Evil Clowns in the Black Helicopter Are Coming

« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2008, 12:18:10 PM »

Note the yellow tape.

Constipation? 

So will the marching band be coming out before or after her this time?....alright bring in the clowns....(well dont they scare me)

I think of it as "Casey's Runway"

She always wanted to be a model. Only a few things kept holding her back. Looks, talent, and too short.

Peace Monkeys
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2008, 12:18:15 PM »

While people who are targeted by lies may well be angry enough to file a lawsuit, there are some very good reasons why actions for defamation may not be a good idea.

The publicity that results from a defamation lawsuit can create a greater audience for the false statements than they previously enjoyed. For example, if a newspaper or news show picks up the story of the lawsuit, false accusations that were previously known to only a small number of people may suddenly become known to the entire community, nation, or even to the world. As the media is much more apt to cover a lawsuit than to cover its ultimate resolution, the net effect may be that large numbers of people hear the false allegations, but never learn how the litigation was resolved.

Another big issue is that defamation cases tend to be difficult to win, and damage awards tend to be small. As a result, it is unusual for attorneys to be willing to take defamation cases on a contingent fee basis, and the fees expended in litigating even a successful defamation action can exceed the total recovery.

Another significant concern is that, even where the statements made by the defendant are entirely false, it may not be possible for a plaintiff to prove all of the elements of defamation. Most people will respond to news that a plaintiff lost a defamation lawsuit by concluding that the allegations were true.

In other words, the plaintiff in a defamation action may be required to expend a considerable amount of money to bring the action, may experience significant negative publicity which repeats the false accusations, and if unsuccessful in the litigation may cement into the public consciousness the belief that the defamatory accusations were true. While many plaintiffs will be able to successfully prosecute defamation actions, the possible downside should be considered when deciding whether or not such litigation should be attempted.

snipped from here:

Cindy, how much money would it take to make you feel better?  Your granddaughter is dead and suing everyone that calls Casey a liar, a whore, or a murderer won't bring her back.  Find some other way to heal yourself.  OMG, suing anyone who "slanders" Casey? a WASTE...a huge Waste.

Move on with your life.  Put your daughter in jail where she belongs and start grieving for your loss.  It's the nicest thing you could do for yourself.  Seriously.

In a small sense, dont you think that Cindy defamed Casey's character by raising her the way that she did??? In an odd sense, didnt she fail her own daughter in every responsible way? Never holding Casey accountable or responsible for anything???  Had she done these things.....would we even be here today???  Cindy...pick up a mirror...take a good look at yourself....you are just as guilty as the monster you created.
But, in your sick and twisted way....Im sure its MY fault, or all the Monkey's fault, hell....its probably that damn Santa's fault----but NEVER will it be your fault! 

She called her own daughter a sociopath. Hello? Earth to Cindy. 

I remember you, Caylee.
abbey09
Monkey Junky

« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2008, 12:18:21 PM »

I have to say something about Baez, don't get me wrong I hate looking at his smug face too, but......

He is a defence attorney that is his job thats what he does.  I know it's hard to imagine but moral has nothing to do with it.  Everyone is entitled to fair representation.  I mean everyone.  From you and I to the lowest of the low.  If he was not defending her then some other defense attorney would. 

I see two smug faces

Baez is smiling because his little play toy/meal ticket is being released.

Lisa

Ok, I tried to stay away from this subject but ... is anyone lse hearing the song "Secret Lovers" in their head while looking at this picture? I'm just sayin.

I can read the invisable ink on their foreheads:  I've got a secret
jenn79co
Scared Monkey

« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2008, 12:18:40 PM »

That is absolutely correct!  Casey is entitled to legal representation and a trial by a jury of her peers.  Innocent until proven guilty.  That's the law.  But we are all intelligent people here using common sense, and it's pretty obvious that Casey is guilty of actions that led to Caylee's disappearance and most likely her death.  Why do defense attorneys do what they do?  Is it because they think it's mostly innocent people being charged of crimes that need their help and they are compelled to help these falsely accused citizens?  Or is it because they can charge up the wazoo for spinning the story, filing motions to drag things out and advising their clients to hold their heads high and smile?  I think very few defense attorneys do what they do from the goodness of their conservative hearts.  It's all about the money...and in this case, the fame. 

So yes, we detest Baez and his smug look almost as much as we detest Casey for hers.  But you're right.  He's just doing his job.
[/quo

My uncle was a defense attorney for twenty years some of the people he defended were just plain evil.  I could not belive he would try to defend some of them.  I mean when you pass the bar and start to practice not everyone goes straight to the DA's office some have to start out at the bottom.  There are also a lot of defense attorney's that get appointed by the court they have no say in who their client's are.  So I think it's pretty unfair to say most do it because it's all about the money. JMHO
BeachGirl4
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2008, 12:20:30 PM »

She is expected to be released from the Orange County Jail after 1 p.m. today, according to a spokesman for the Orange County Jail.

As I received information and relayed it to the defendant after her arrest, she continued to claim ignorance and at times laughed about the situation.
Yuri Melich
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2008, 12:21:08 PM »

snipped from here:

Cindy's been talking to Joe Tacopenis.

Katysmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2008, 12:22:11 PM »

She is expected to be released from the Orange County Jail after 1 p.m. today, according to a spokesman for the Orange County Jail.
They said that last time to throw everyone off; didn't work.

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2008, 12:22:41 PM »

"We're not the ones that are writing bad checks and falsifying ID. She did that," Carlos Padilla of the Orange County Sheriff's Office said.

But Baez called the repeated charges "nothing more than police intimidation."

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2008, 12:23:10 PM »

Too short, Tomm??   GRRRRRRRRRR

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2008, 12:25:26 PM »

Katysmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2008, 12:27:02 PM »

IS ANYONE HERE FAMILIAR WITH FLORIDA CRIMINAL LAWS?

goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2008, 12:28:11 PM »

That is absolutely correct!  Casey is entitled to legal representation and a trial by a jury of her peers.  Innocent until proven guilty.  That's the law.  But we are all intelligent people here using common sense, and it's pretty obvious that Casey is guilty of actions that led to Caylee's disappearance and most likely her death.  Why do defense attorneys do what they do?  Is it because they think it's mostly innocent people being charged of crimes that need their help and they are compelled to help these falsely accused citizens?  Or is it because they can charge up the wazoo for spinning the story, filing motions to drag things out and advising their clients to hold their heads high and smile?  I think very few defense attorneys do what they do from the goodness of their conservative hearts.  It's all about the money...and in this case, the fame. 

So yes, we detest Baez and his smug look almost as much as we detest Casey for hers.  But you're right.  He's just doing his job.
[/quo

My uncle was a defense attorney for twenty years some of the people he defended were just plain evil.  I could not belive he would try to defend some of them.  I mean when you pass the bar and start to practice not everyone goes straight to the DA's office some have to start out at the bottom.  There are also a lot of defense attorney's that get appointed by the court they have no say in who their client's are.  So I think it's pretty unfair to say most do it because it's all about the money. JMHO

Agree. Not all lawyers are money-grubbing. Besides, what's wrong with working for money? I wouldn't be here without that paycheck, meager as it is.

I remember you, Caylee.
tomm9298
Monkey Junky

The Evil Clowns in the Black Helicopter Are Coming

« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2008, 12:28:31 PM »

Woops, I was mis-quoted here I think, or taken out of context, or it could have been a pizza, or someone using my face.

I hesitated to put that in Always. Models are generally tallish.

I know you are about Casey's size.

Short is cute, my daughter is short, my mom is short.......

Peace Monkeys
da_wench
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2008, 12:28:43 PM »

[/quo

Okay, I'll give you that.  Maybe not MOST, but many.  Do you know why your uncle did it?  Not being argumentative...just curious.

Not all attorneys who pass the bar go into criminal law.  I've worked for litigation attorneys for years on both sides of the fence.  Sometimes we represent the plaintiff, sometimes the defendant, and we know we aren't always on the right side of the fence.

I know where Avery is, but WHERE'S CAYLEE?
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2008, 12:30:49 PM »

Woops, I was mis-quoted here I think, or taken out of context, or it could have been a pizza, or someone using my face.

I hesitated to put that in Always. Models are generally tallish.

I know you are about Casey's size.

Short is cute, my daughter is short, my mom is short.......

Nice save Cindy..I mean Tomm...

Short  vertically challenged people are cute

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2008, 12:30:55 PM »

I can just hear the voice-over for the future
A&E True Crime story coming down the pike!!!

Lies...

Pizza in bag...

Maggots...

Family inbreeding...

The Casey Anthony story....

What inner evil lurks???...

Find out tonight on A & E as we continue to ask the all important question...

WHERE IS CAYLEE?

George clip: Duhhhh, I am still watching the kidnappers.
                 They are the evil-doers!

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.