April 25, 2024, 09:15:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Voter Fraud & Picture ID's  (Read 1742 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: September 18, 2008, 09:18:27 AM »

In my state, Wisconsin, based on my personal observation, I believe voter fraud is a big problem and hard to document. 

Last time I voted, in the primary, it wasn't busy. 

I saw one woman in front of me being told by the poll workers that she already voted.  How can that be?  Didn't she remember?  Not old, probably can't attribute that one to some kind of age related dementia. 

Two others were registering with utility bills and leases and NO picture ID.  How can that be? 

How easy is it to fake a lease?  A rental agreement?  No one to pay rent, it's just something you buy at the stationary store or print off your computer.  How would a poll worker know the lease is real?  Same question for the utility bill.  How easy would it be to photoshop a bill?  How would a poll worker verify that the utility bill was real? 

How easy is it to print off bogus/photoshopped documents today?  How easy is it to register to vote?

A story from the local paper -

Nonpartisan task force will investigate voter fraud allegations

By LARRY SANDLER
lsandler@journalsentinel.com
Posted: Sept. 17, 2008

Vowing to set partisanship aside, Milwaukee County’s Democratic district attorney and Wisconsin’s Republican attorney general came together Wednesday to announce the creation of a joint task force to investigate any allegations of election-related improprieties.

Voting regulations and enforcement have become a point of increasingly partisan debate in recent years, magnified by close presidential elections in 2000 and 2004 and the prospect of another tight contest this year.

Republicans have seized on reports of voting irregularities — including a Milwaukee Police Department report on the 2004 contest — to argue that requiring voters to show photo identification is needed to prevent vote fraud.

Democrats say those claims are exaggerated — pointing to U.S. Attorney Steve Biskupic’s finding that no widespread fraud existed — and say a photo ID requirement would discourage voting by poor and minority voters who are likely to vote Democratic.

First-time voters in particular should take an ID to the polls just in case an issue arises, Van Hollen said. Eligible voters with identification should be able to vote.

“I think everyone should go to (vote) with an ID; it’s not an onerous burden,” he said. “There is nothing for voters to be afraid of as long as they are legal voters.”

Patrick Marley and Erica Perez of the Journal Sentinel staff contributed to this report.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=796218

When I have to go to the doctor with my insurance card, I have to show a photo ID.  If I bought products like cigarettes & alcohol, I would have to show a photo ID.  I need a photo ID to get a job, apply for insurance, apply for other benefits, pick up a child at school/daycare, and many other things.  Showing a photo ID is part of everyday living. 

In today's world, how many people can exist without a photo ID?  Maybe the Amish?  IIRC, the Amish generally do not vote.  Few drive automobiles.

I think it would be easy for these three women I saw at my polling place to travel to many polling places (they're not all in one room or location) during the day and register to vote multiple time.  How many times in one day?  Once?  Ten times?  Fifty times?  Who knows? 

New name and credentials at every place?  Pick a large apartment/condo complex and register every unit?  Maybe get voter lists to ensure that existing voter addresses are not used?

Would any of them need to show a picture ID to register?  Vote?

How would any government/private group even find fraud?  How would they look for it?  Where is the paper trail?  How would they find all these names?  People that may not exist?

I'm all for picture IDs as a requirement to vote.  There is, IIRC, a process in place for provisional votes, no need to disenfranchise anyone.  Perhaps this is the route to go.  It's as simple as coming back later and showing your ID.

Bring your ID to the polling place. 

Do you need your Social Security number to register?  No.  A picture ID?  No.

Bring back credibility to the process.  Require photo IDs to vote. 

In today's world, I can't imagine anyone (other than the Amish) lives without a photo ID card.

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 09:25:29 AM »

I've read recently about an election in some part of the world.  I keep thinking this was a Jimmy Carter related organization.  In order to keep the process fair/honest they put marks on peoples hands to identify that they voted.  I'm sure there are still problems, but an effort was made to ensure "one person / one vote".

What processes/procedures are in place to ensure that an individual doesn't vote more than once? 

A student doesn't vote in their state of origin/residence and the place they may attend school?

How would anyone know if a person voted at six polling places?

Is it likely that poll workers/officials would know? 

I don't recall any record, like a photo/fingerprint recorded for future comparison.

I think there are to many opportunities for fraud in the existing process.

What processes are in place to ensure "one person / one vote" in the U.S.?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.