April 30, 2024, 01:41:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #523a 9/12 - 9/15/2006 (use this one)  (Read 117245 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #800 on: September 15, 2006, 12:35:11 PM »

O/T -- A deadly E. coli outbreak linked to bagged spinach has spread to a ninth state, with Ohio officials reporting seven cases, The Associated Press reports.

Watch CNN or log on to http://CNN.com
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #801 on: September 15, 2006, 12:42:46 PM »

For once I don't feel bad about hating cooked spinach!
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #802 on: September 15, 2006, 12:50:48 PM »

Well Blow me Down!

Now whtz am I gonna eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #803 on: September 15, 2006, 12:52:12 PM »

Quote from: "San"
O/T -- A deadly E. coli outbreak linked to bagged spinach has spread to a ninth state, with Ohio officials reporting seven cases, The Associated Press reports.

Watch CNN or log on to http://CNN.com

Hi All..

I threw mine out last night. I have eaten some a few days ago mixed in with iceburg lettuce I had.  Sad   Dont like cooked but love it in salads.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #804 on: September 15, 2006, 12:57:36 PM »

Quote from: "yapperz1"
Hiya Monkeys. TGIF !!!!!

OT Barton Corbin pleads guilty to both murders
http://tinyurl.com/ogumb

Jennifer was a friend of mine

I am so sorry you lost your friend.  

I thought he looked guilty of both from the get go.  I wonder why he pled guilty when they weren't even thru jury selection yet?  Probably couldn't take the stress!  Wonder who will get the kids?  Her sister?

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #805 on: September 15, 2006, 01:07:09 PM »

Good morning everyone!   Embarassed Boy did I get up late today...

We Remember Natalee Bumper Stickers ~ Prayers for Natalee and her family
http://graphicemotion.com/TES_Bumper_Stickers.pdf
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #806 on: September 15, 2006, 01:10:30 PM »

Hiya Monkeys. TGIF !!!!!

I'm really sorry for your loss, Yapperz.

We Remember Natalee Bumper Stickers ~ Prayers for Natalee and her family
http://graphicemotion.com/TES_Bumper_Stickers.pdf
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #807 on: September 15, 2006, 01:10:37 PM »

Hiya Monkeys. TGIF !!!!!

Oh yapperz - I am so sorry.  This is such a sad thing.  I have somewhat kept up with this case.  Do you know what the length of the sentences are?  It also said he would be eligible for parole???!!!!!  What???

I feel so sorry for those little boys.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #808 on: September 15, 2006, 01:13:47 PM »

Hiya Monkeys. TGIF !!!!!

I'm so sorry Yapperz.  I went to the same school as Barton & Dolly.  I remember the rumors floating around.  Geesh, we had several suicides, Dolly's murder, and the murder of a student's baby during those years.  Shocked
dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #809 on: September 15, 2006, 01:49:41 PM »

I had wrote to JetBlue out of concern for their passengers with destinations to Aruba with their faulty radar. Along with an article for them to read. Here is my letter to them and their responce.
God bless~

JetBlue,
How can you put peoples lives in your hands flying into Aruba when their radar system does not function properly. What will you tell the families when something bad happens because of this?
Please, I urge you to reconcider having flights into Aruba for the safety of your passengers.
God bless~

Article I sent into JetBlue:
Amigoe: September 1, 2006

The radar that for more than ten years is not in working order forms the main issue of political
differences of opinion.

ARUBA ? The radar at the airport receives full attention again. Not because it is going to become
operational soon, but because of everything that went wrong since the tender in 1993. Politicians
and air traffic controller Willem Vrolijk (MPA) and Minister Edison Briesen of Tourism and Transport
and his party (MEP) are the ones in discussion.

Willem Vrolijk, chairman of the political part MPA, the former member of OLA and former minister of
Transport and Communication, has explained in three detailed statements that the current minister of
Tourism and transport, Briesen, ?still doesn?t understand anything in aviation?. ?I have done more
in five months as a minister than Briesen did in five years?, said Vrolijk in an elucidation on his
statements.

Vrolijk says that the radar currently at the airport, was one of the most modern radars in the
Caribbean ten years ago. The installation does no longer work due to lack of necessary maintenance.
The government didn?t want to spend money on that. ?And there was money, because in the 2004 budget
year, minister Briesen gave permission to transfer 1.3 million florins from his ministry to
Education.? There was no adjusted salary scheme for air traffic control leaders and this was one
of the obstacles for putting the radar into operation. The negotiations that started in 1995 were
never completed. Vrolijk accuses Briesen of not keeping his promise to fix the matter as soon as
possible.

Vrolijk says that the radar has indeed worked for information-and advisory purposes. The air
traffic control leaders could now put their international training into practice as a test. The
radar was never put into operation for controlling the airspace.

Briesen was very short with his reaction on Vrolijk?s statements. He accused Vrolijk of taking good
care of his family by providing them with jobs at Setar and at the airport. He called Vrolijk an
opportunist. He indicated that the international civil aviation organization ICAO will do a
control in the countries of the Royal Kingdom in 2008 and that together with the authorities of the
Netherlands and the Neth.Antilles, they will make sure we have good infrastructure. The idea is to
put the radar in Curacao in operation this coming October or November. The airspace above the
Neth.Antilles and Aruba is being controlled from Cura?ao. MEP never said whether the radar in
Aruba will ever be put into operation.

Thank you for your comments regarding one of our newest JetBlue destinations, Aruba. We apologize
for the delay in responding to your message. We are currently experiencing a longer than average
response time due to an increased volume of email.

We are researching the information you have sent to us regarding the radar in Aruba at the Aruba
Queen Beatrix International Airport. We appreciate your patience and will get back to you as soon
as we receive more information.

Thanks again for your patience!

Kindest Regards,

Penny
Customer Commitment Crew
JetBlue Airways
Crewmember 44408

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #810 on: September 15, 2006, 01:57:35 PM »

So sorry Yapperz.

Dkpen ~ thanks for sharing your response with us.

dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #811 on: September 15, 2006, 02:13:28 PM »

The problem that they are over looking is they DO fly in from Curacao to Aruba. I guess they think by saying the airspace traffic goes to Curacao is suppose to make us feel better when those with destinations to Aruba still have to fly into Aruba. And notice they still emphasize on their tourism?
Oh well, a lawsuit just waiting to happen. Time will only tell.

God bless~

Dear Ms. XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the radar at Aruba International Airport. Providing safe and secure travel is the number one priority for JetBlue. To address concerns about the operational status of Aruba's radar system, it is important to fully understand the facts surrounding the
island's airspace.

Curacao?s Air Traffic Control Center manages the airspace over the territory of both the NetherlandsAntilles and Aruba. This includes the corridor through which most of the traffic between Eastern
Latin America and North America is guided - one that is particularly busy, and as a result causes traffic from Aruba to be congested.  

In order to resolve this capacity issue, and with the view of promoting tourism, Aruba planned to add a new flight route north from the island and acquired a radar for that purpose. To date, this additional route is not yet operational and therefore the radar has no current function.

As all traffic to/from Aruba is now handled by Air Traffic Control in Curacao, there is no need for the use of the radar for safety reasons. The radar was acquired solely to address the issue of capacity of the surrounding airspace.

Again, safety is JetBlue's number one concern and we are confident in the safety of air travel to and from Aruba, our 44th destination. Thank you for reaching out to us and giving us the opportunityto fully explain this situation.

Ms. XXXXX, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you onboard JetBlue in the near future.

Sincerely,

Katrina
Customer Commitment Crew
JetBlue Airways
Crewmember 20699

dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #812 on: September 15, 2006, 02:20:33 PM »

Yapperz,  saying prayers your way.

Today is my and the hubbies Wedding Anniversary. I asked to go to the Beach, sip on a few Bushwackers, eat on the Beach, walk on the Beach, sunbath, swim in the beautiful Gulf of Mexico warm waters and enjoy the relaxing moment with each other. Nothing big, just sharing a quiet and lovely time with one another. The best part will be saved for later.  Wink

God bless~

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #813 on: September 15, 2006, 02:21:26 PM »

Hey Monkeys....

Yapper
, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

DkPen, keep writing... !!

and about the bagged spinach... after the email sent around with the frog in the bag of lettue - which was probably just a joke anyway, I haven't been able to use any of it.... Shocked

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #814 on: September 15, 2006, 02:29:14 PM »

Someone should try to get in touch with Tracy Allen, and show her the photo comparison between her composit sketch of her attacker and Steve Croes' friend "Jerry" (I think is the name). Can somebody take that on?

The likeness is too great to be ignored. And may relate, if indirectly, to the Holloway case.

Ms. Allen reported the incident to the polis but never from them. Then when she heard the Fishermans Huts being mentioned re. the Holloway case, she called the FBI. The FBI contacted her in December 2005. It's my understanding that it was through the FBI that the sketch was done "and also given to ALE".

Maybe someone can find her via Fox or Rita ... don't know if she/this show is still on.

Below is from something I'm working on re. Murder & Crime thread.

05/20/2005 – Tracy Allen (US tourist) assault attempt near Marriott Fisherman’s Huts (Hadacurari Beach). Provided composite sketch to FBI in December 2005 (sketch also provided to Aruba Polis).

Ms. Allen told her story on Fox Big Story (Rita Cosby on April 12, 2006).

scaredmonkeys.com has a comparison photo of a local who looks exactly like the sketch.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #815 on: September 15, 2006, 02:30:40 PM »

Quote from: "dkpen"
Yapperz,  saying prayers your way.

Today is my and the hubbies Wedding Anniversary. I asked to go to the Beach, sip on a few Bushwackers, eat on the Beach, walk on the Beach, sunbath, swim in the beautiful Gulf of Mexico warm waters and enjoy the relaxing moment with each other. Nothing big, just sharing a quiet and lovely time with one another. The best part will be saved for later.  Wink

God bless~

Congratulations on your anniversary dkpen!! Your plans sound great to me.  Have a wonderful time!!

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #816 on: September 15, 2006, 02:33:45 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"

Well Blow me Down!

I sure hope collards and turnip greens are okay!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #817 on: September 15, 2006, 02:37:13 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Quote from: "igsigs"
Quote from: "klaasend"
I must say the writing style in this email does look similar to Roger's: Shocked

And the length Cool

Might Rog be the person of interest mentioned who has changed his opinion?

He might, Igs.  And also he has come to BFN to enlighten them all as to any errors in their thinking.  That is also as I remember good ole Rog.

OK.. what really stuck out in my mind was that Roger kept defending Joran on the in and out of conciousness... that women fall asleep during sex all the time...

and of course, my inability to let that go whenever he came on the board... because I don't like ASSBITES!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #818 on: September 15, 2006, 02:46:49 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Quote from: "Jacqueline"

Well Blow me Down!

I sure hope collards and turnip greens are okay!

And escrole and braccali rabe.... Wink

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #819 on: September 15, 2006, 02:48:37 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Quote from: "Anna"
Quote from: "igsigs"
Quote from: "klaasend"
I must say the writing style in this email does look similar to Roger's: Shocked

And the length Cool

Might Rog be the person of interest mentioned who has changed his opinion?

He might, Igs.  And also he has come to BFN to enlighten them all as to any errors in their thinking.  That is also as I remember good ole Rog.

OK.. what really stuck out in my mind was that Roger kept defending Joran on the in and out of conciousness... that women fall asleep during sex all the time...

and of course, my inability to let that go whenever he came on the board... because I don't like ASSBITES!

Oh yeah, he said that it happened to him all the time...

Hate to be Mrs. Roger.... Rolling Eyes

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.