April 18, 2024, 07:17:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lori Ceci Bova June 8, 1997 Jamestown NY  (Read 12909 times)
MSE
Scared Monkey

« on: September 21, 2008, 09:41:51 AM »

New Path In Bova Case
Investigator Re-Interviews Several People, Learns New Information

POSTED: September 21, 2008
 "New Path In Bova Case" 

LAKEWOOD - New developments in the missing person case of Lori Ceci Bova are giving investigators a new path of attack and the family a cautious hope.

Sgt. Investigator Paul Gustafson has been in charge of the case since he took the initial complaint from her husband, Tyrone Bova, at 11:14 a.m. on June 8, 1997.

Gustafson said that recent developments in the case have led him to re-interview a number of people and take the investigation in new directions.

''In the past several months, I've re-interviewed about 30 to 40 people,'' Gustafson said. ''Through these interviews, I learned some new information and have been digging deeper into the case from a new angle.''

Gustafson said he couldn't elaborate on specifics regarding the investigation, but did take time to dispell ''street theories'' which have circulated since Lori's disappearance.

Her husband at the time, Tyrone, was not a police officer as some people have claimed. In fact, he did attend a police academy in North Carolina, where the couple had moved for a short time, but never finished the training, Gustafson said. Tyrone was a contractor at the time of Lori's disappearance, he added.

''There are certain things that were going on at that time in her life that are case-sensitive, but that is certainly not the case,'' he said of the theory.

Gustafson said he couldn't say if Tyrone was among the people recently re-interviewed, but did maintain that he has not been helpful with the investigation.

''We've never had any cooperation from Tyrone,'' Gustafson said. ''He has never assisted us in any way, shape or form since the beginning.''

It is reported that Tyrone is currently living in North Carolina and has since remarried and has children. Efforts by The Post-Journal to locate and contact him for comment have not yet been fruitful.

Lori was last seen leaving the Red Lobster restaurant in Lakewood with her husband, sister and brother-in-law on June 7, 1997. Tyrone said they went home and had some type of argument, and around 2 a.m. she went for a walk and never returned.

Nine hours later, Tyrone contacted the police and Lori's family began searching for her.

Since that day, a number of situations have provided false hope for Lori's family, although one of them gave partial closure to another family.

When the body of Yolanda Bindics was found in a heavily wooded area in the town of Charlotte, Lori's family was notified. DNA evidence later proved it was indeed Yolanda, but for a few lingering days, the possibility remained.

When a clump of hair and a sweatshirt were found at different times in Chautauqua Lake, speculation peaked but only to be debunked shortly after.

''We were actually able to locate the owner of the sweatshirt who said he fell off a boat on the lake and lost it,'' Gustafson said. ''And when we compared the hair with her DNA samples, we were able to rule her out. It seemed like hair from a hairbrush.''

Psychics and mediums including the famous Sylvia Brown have all chimed in on what they think happened to Lori, but to no avail.

''I've had people try to read my palm and swing a pendiulium in front of my face,'' Gustafson said. ''But we never received anything solid from those routes.''

New technology has aided with Lori's still unsolved case, Gustafson said.

''I've been on this job for 18 years, and everything has changed in that time,'' he said. ''New technology and techniques have helped us because some of it wasn't available in 1997.''

Gustafson said that after 11 years of working Lori's case, he feels like he knows her and owes it to her family to deliver them closure.

''My efforts have always been the same; find the person who knows where Lori is and bring closure to her family,'' he said. ''I will not give up until the day I can make that call.''

Amy Cleveland, a close friend of Lori and the Ceci family's spokesperson, said they are thankful for Gustafson's determination and hopeful recent developments will bring an end to the saga which has consumed their lives for the past 11 years.

''We are so grateful to him,'' she said. ''He said he would never give up and he hasn't. We're cautiously optimistic but hope that something will come out of this.''

Ms. Cleveland said that the past 11 years have been unreal for her and the Ceci family and not a day passes without thought of Lori coming into their conscious minds.

''You see things like this happening on TV all the time, but we are living it,'' she said. ''All we can do is not let her be forgotten and pray, everyday.''

Anyone with information about the case, no matter how insignificant it may seem, is asked to call Gustafson at 763-9563.

A $50,000 reward is being offered for information leading to a conviction.

http://post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/512109.html?nav=5018
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 06:38:37 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 01:14:39 PM »

http://www.nampn.org/cases/bova_lori.html

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: June 7, 1997 from Lakewood, New York
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: November 26, 1970
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 110 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Green
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Curly hair.
Clothing: Gray sweatpants and a gray sweatshirt with
"Freeport Bahamas" on it.
NCIC Number: M-032519201

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details of Disappearance
Lori Bova was last seen leaving the Red Lobster Restaurant, in Lakewood, NY on June 7, 1997. She was with her husband, Tyrome Bova.
Tyrome stated that he and Lori went straight home after having dinner with her sister and her husband. Tyrome stated that Lori went outside of the apartment to smoke a cigarette and never came back into the home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Lakewood-Busti Police Department
Chief John Bentley
(716) 763-9563

MSE
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 05:49:54 AM »

New Information in Woman's Disappearance 11 Years Ago

YouNewsTV™Story Published: Sep 22, 2008 at 5:39 PM EDT

Story Updated: Sep 22, 2008 at 5:44 PM EDT
By Laura Gray
 Watch the story
11 years ago, Sargent Investigator Paul Gustafson promised to find Lori Bova. He took the original missing person's complaint in 1997, and has never stopped looking for new information. Over the past 6 months, Sargent Gustafson has re-interviewed more than 30 people. Now that hard work is bringing in new leads. "Some individuals have told us little bits of information that perhaps they didn't 11 years ago. Just a little piece of information that leads to more information." He refuses to disclose what information they may have discovered.

The 26 year old woman was last publicly seen at a restaurant June 7th 1997. Her husband claims he was the last person to see her. Tyrone Bova told police that Lori left their home around 2am after an argument. "From the beginning we've had very minimal cooperation from her husband tyrone Bova and efforts to help us locate his wife .>

Tyrone Bova now lives in North Carolina and is again refusing to help police. Bova and others are considered persons of interest in a case that has turned up little evidence. When remains were discovered in Chautauqua County in 2006, Lori's family was hopeful. DNA instead identified them as belonging to another missing woman, Yolanda Bindics. But many cold cases have recently been solved in Western New York, giving Sargent Gustafson hope. "The technology change in the course of the investigation is something that we're using to our advantage. It's certainly playing a part in this case. And ultimately, that may be just what we need."
http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/29367209.html
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 05:32:23 PM »

If the husband would not help police back then and won't help them now ....then it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know he is involved. Arrest the scumbag and make him talk. If he had nothing to hide he would have talked then and he would now. Arrest the scumbag and make him talk.

Can you see me on a Jury for ANYONE?? LOL.... 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 06:04:16 PM »

HUGE write up here>>>
http://www.crimeshots.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-6479.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 09:37:00 PM »

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bova_lori.html
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 09:38:58 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 02:53:27 PM »

Lori's name is mentioned in the recent human remains found in Onoville, NY

http://www.post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/541141.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 08:49:57 PM »

Story Updated: Oct 5, 2009 at 11:31 AM EDT

New Information on Remains Found in Southern Tier

Buffalo, NY (WKBW) -- The skeletal remains found last week in Cattaraugus County do not belong to long-time missing woman Lori Bova.

This information coming today following further examination of the remains. Officials last week confirmed that the remains were not those of missing mother Corrie Anderson.

The forensics have revealed that the bones do belong to a female between 30 and 40-years old, and between 5'1" and 5'8".

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/63527667.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 07:02:32 AM »

Finally ID'd

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/Jac-resevoir-140683783.html
 Remains found back in 2009 have been identified as that of Traci Douglass, 45, of Salamanca.

snipped missing since 2009
http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/63527667.html

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.