April 26, 2024, 12:34:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 9-22-09 Obama vows deep cuts in spending  (Read 1293 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: September 22, 2008, 06:39:01 PM »

I read comments about Barack's speech in Green Bay and wonder about a few things ~

Obama vows deep cuts in spending
By MIKE GLOVER

Urging members of his own party to be just as fiscally tough as the most conservative Republicans, Obama said the $700 billion economic bailout plan proposed by the Bush administration and congressional leaders is forcing a renewed look at federal spending.

Is it just me...are the Republicans considered to have been 'fiscally tough' for the past ten to twenty years?  Some how, I've been influenced to believe (by Democratic ads) the Republicans have done less than a stellar job when it comes to financial management.  Doesn't anyone, Democrat or Republican take a good look at spending today?  Why is this a new focus?

As president, Obama said he would create a White House team headed by a chief performance officer to monitor the efficiency of government spending.

How much is this team going to cost?  How much are they adding to the government payroll (medical costs, salary, retirement, etc.)?  Isn't this just more 'pork'?

Don't we already have agencies that do this?  Private sector groups (like the ones that produced the documentary I.O.U.S.A.) that offer their guidance?  Non-biased opinions?

"The only way we can do all this without leaving our children with an even larger debt is if Washington starts taking responsibility for every dime that it spends," he said.

How about we leave our children NO DEBT?  I believe Washington take responsibility for every dollar spent and reduce the debt.  jmho

Why continue to govern in the RED?  I feel like the U.S. has a monkey on its back and doesn't want to admit it's there. 

Alternatively, it seems like the U.S. has borrowed money from loan sharks, and uses a bookie to help pay the juice.

Another alternative...is this another characteristic of the Obama generation?  To be known as the "Payday 'Loan' Generation"?

"We cannot give a blank check to Washington with no oversight and accountability, when no oversight and accountability is what got us into this mess in the first place," said Obama. He warned that even as the government moves to bail out the financial sector there are signs that special interests are looking to profit.

What about the blank check for healthcare?  I don't understand why the Obama plan adds all kinds of healthcare programs and doesn't just roll everyone into one universal plan.  It is my opinion that the Obama plan will kill off any and all healthcare programs that currently exist for consumers/companies, and put people into some alternative plan. 

Those exempt from the plan for common people seem to be members of government like senators and representative.  Why not roll all government employees into this new program?  Everyone can share in this once in a lifetime opportunity, including members of Congress and the president?

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5isOFwdbq0tsqatW6vJpkDRTI1gMgD93BUL0O0

Does anyone else read these things and wonder?  Or, is it just me?

A blank check is still a blank check, irregardless of who it's written to.  jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.